Construction

"Right. So, a hotel? Called Big Innit Hotel?" I ask Tommy again. He nods as I whisper it to myself a couple times, trying to get it engraved in my head.

"You alright? I've told you the name and the plan for it multiple times now." Tommy says annoyed. I shake my head and hop up a couple stairs on the Prime Path.

"I've only asked twice." I respond. He opens his mouth to say something but when he sees something he grins and jogs up to it. I turn around and watch as he goes up to Sam who is standing by scaffolding.

"Oh, hello!" I greet, catching up to Tommy and waving to Sam. His familiar creeper cloth mask covering the bottom half of his face, and his blue eyes shifting between me and Tommy wrinkles at the corner of them showing he is smiling.

"Hey Lia. While I'll be working on this, I hired someone to watch over you two and to make sure the build site is doing well. He's a good fighter too, if it's needed."

"Why do we need to be looked after?" Tommy asks, annoyance clear in his voice. I jab his side with my elbow and he mumbles incoherent words, kicking my feet.

Sam chuckles, his green hair bouncing slightly, "Just to make sure that you guys aren't causing havoc or being targeted for said havoc." I nod, a pink dust covering my cheeks from the slight embarrassment.

"I love your hair by the way, Lia. It fits you." He gives me a loving smile, pulling his mask down a bit which just makes my cheeks go redder from the attention. Huh, Phil didn't say anything about it...

"Yeah, yeah. When's he gonna get here?" Tommy asks.

"Oh, well he's here, um. One second." He runs off and after a couple awkward seconds he returns, a button on a controller, set with letters and a green mask covering the upper part of his face instead of the lower.

Tommy and I look at each other in confusion while Sam starts to type on the device. He flips something up and a bubble appears above his head while the words write themselves out and a noise comes from it. I gasp and grin at it. Tommy stares at it with amazed eyes.

" I AM SAMNOOK. IT IS NICE TO MEET YOU TOMMYINNIT AND LIABILITY... "

"That's so fuckin cool!" Tommy says in astonishment. Sam begins to type again.

" GLAD YOU THINK SO, TOMMYINNIT. TO BUILD THE BIG INNIT HOTEL WE WILL NEED SUPPLIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS. THE FIRST THING I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO DO IS TO PLACE FENCES AROUND THE HOTEL LAND SO THE EGG WILL NOT INFECT THE HOTEL... "

"What egg?" I ask, confused by a sudden egg. Tommy looks at me in surprise and so does Sam.

"The one that's been spreading the red shit everywhere." Tommy tells me. I nod slowly and then my eyes widen.

"Oh! Right! Sorry." SamNook nods and types again.

" PLEASE GET RIGHT TO WORK AS THE EGG IS GETTING MORE DANGEROUS AS THE DAYS GO BY. I HAVE FENCES SUPPLIED FOR YOU... " he gestures to a chest filled to the brim with fences. Sighing, Tommy picks up some and hands more to me.

"Just make a border around the edges?" He asks.

" THANK YOU TOMMYINNIT AND LIABILITY. WHEN YOU ARE DONE COME BACK HERE.... " I nod and follow behind Tommy as he begins to place and hammer the fences into place. After every new fence that Tommy finishes, I hammer it down after him, knowing he is lazy. He starts to ramble on about random things, occasionally glancing at me to make sure I'm still with him as I completely tune him out. It's not like I'm trying to, in fact, I'm trying to pay attention, but a weird haze is stuck in my head and won't leave. Why is this happening? Who could help?

"Lia!" I shake my head and look at Tommy.

"Yes?" I ask, pushing and shaking a fence slightly.

"I've been calling your name for the past hour woman!" He yells.

"Sorry." I mumble, tucking my hair back into a low bun.

"Whatever. Then, Dream was all like 'my clock'" he mimics him in a baby voice and I get very confused, not noticing we were talking about a baby Dream.

"Ah." I hum, giving up my care. My eyes shift to the red grass me and my twin are coming up upon, vine like shit resting around the area. I blink slowly and pull my eyes away from it. This land is strange.

"Will you visit Dream?" Tommy asks almost shyly. I shrug, looking at my dirty shoes.

"Maybe, he's kind of a dick and I know I'll probably feel bad when I see him." I explain. "I want too, obviously, but I don't know if I can." He nods, understandingly. "I do miss him though." I say quietly. "It's bad. Really bad. He is the bad guy. The villain in the story, but I still miss him." I say quietly, "He was always there for me and really the only true family I had. He basically raised me. I s'pose it's hard to just give that up." I explain.

"Yeah. Right." I ignore Tommy's stiff reply and purse my lips, stopping in front of the color change of grass. "Come on." He tells me.

"Tommy, I don't like the red." I say, looking into his identical eyes.

"Why." He asks in a blunt voice.

I yet again ignore his tone and focus back on the grass. Why don't i like it? I cant hear the voices at all so it can't be a big deal. Maybe it's just gut feeling. I still don't know why though.

I push past my negative thoughts and step onto the red anyways, walking behind Tommy and going back to our routine.

A/n:

I've got no clue if people like this book enough to want to help me with it but if you do, I would love help with editing because I am bad at it and usually don't go back and spell check my chapters. Also some wording in my chapters are questionable and that's because I'm a shit writer but I would love if people helped me with it. Thank you luvs :))