a new nation

Smiling like a fool, Lia made her way down the path to Puffy's house, a bundle of flowers in her hands as she walked.

"Lia!" The mother figure called to her, the teen turning and running to her arms with a grin.

"Hi! I got you some flowers since you haven't had time to go picking, I also tended to your farm yesterday so you don't have to worry about that!" Puffy raises her eyebrows at her with a gentle smile.

"Thank you Lia, how are you?" Puffy knew something had to be different since the girl giggled and tucked flowers into the white curls on top of the older's head.

"I'm good! I read a chapter of a new book yesterday. It was nice, kind of depressing but cozy feeling? I dunno, then I felt like being productive so I went flower picking! Then I felt like being more productive so I went farming! Then I fell asleep but I got up early so Tommy and I can hang out while Sam adds some finishing touches to the hotel." She explains, fidgeting excitedly with a ring necklace that lays upon her worn out overalls.

"That's wonderful! I like your outfit too." Puffy smiles, glancing down to her yellow off the shoulder top underneath her overalls with her old high tops Lia's wearing. Her hair was tied into a messy low bun on the back of her head, the shorter pieces sticking and flying around her face, black glasses resting on her nose.

"Thank you, I'm wearing Wil's old glasses because I was reading and I'm planning on going back to reading after I give you these flowers so, yeah." She shrugs, smiling.

"That's nice dear, well I've got to head out, but I'll put these in my house along the way." Puffy gestures to the flowers in her hands to which the younger girl smiles and nods.

Sighing after Puffy walked away, Lia looks around, looking for anyone, anything to entertain her, only hearing the nature and smelling the rubble from the remains of L'Manburg down the Prime Path, in which the girl hasn't been to in almost a month.

"May as well see how it looks." She mumbles, making her way up the wooden path to the dirt tunnel, stopping to see the permanent dust floating above the destroyed country in the distance. Carefully, Lia walks all the way thru the tunnel, letting out a slow and shaky exhale as the place of her home stands before her. She can faintly see red in the middle of the most destroyed area but doesn't bother to move forward, already having trouble enough standing far from it.

Biting her cheek, Lia peaks around the tunnel and observes the destroyed buildings, a bridge above a small river being the only thing separating her from it.

"Oh, hi Lia!" The girl jumps and turns quickly only to let out a quick breath realizing it was just Karl.

"Oh my-" glancing back to the figure in front of her she sighs, "honk. What's up Karl?"

"Well I'm moving my library since this doesn't work too well." He chuckles awkwardly and she looks to the ground, shuffling her feet, waiting for him to continue, "And i saw you, so hi!"

"Hey Karl. Where are you moving your library?" She asks, walking away from the beginning of the bridge to the light brunette.

"It's sort of a flower field, I don't know what to call it but I found it a bit ago." He tries to explain, moving the books in his arms up slightly.

"Oh, can I help?"

————————————————————

"No! George! Come on, you put the- yes! Finally." Lia mumbles the last part as George finally moves the red mushroom to the shade where it can grow.

"Jeez Lia! I didn't know you were such an expert." He replies snarky making the others laugh behind the teen.

"Jeez George! I didn't know you were such an amateur. You'd think with you building a mushroom house during a war you'd have some experience but I guess not." She raises an eyebrow at him while he stares, not knowing what to say while the other boys are in full laughing fits by now.

"Can you guys not argue for one second! We need to build this quickly." Karl shakes his head, face red from giggles.

"I knew you guys had some rivalry with Dream but I didn't know-"

"Rivalry?" George and Lia question at the same time.

"Uh, yea? George wants Dream for his love and Lia wants Dream for at least some attention in her life." Both British jaws drop from Sapnap's statement making him and Karl laugh even harder, the other two joining in soon after.

————————————————————

Sapnap giggles from beside Lia and she looks up, confused only to flinch when he places a mushroom on her head, almost like a hat, with another giggle. She pulls the flap of the fungus up slightly to see Sapnap with his own big mushroom hat. For a violent person, he giggles awfully often.

"Why?" She asks, looking to her right to see George playing with the grass beneath him, a red and white mushroom hat on his head, and Karl with his own beside Sapnap.

"Why not?" The second youngest responds, picking at the wet grass as rain pours down just beyond the giant mushroom the group are hiding in.

She shrugs, a smile placed on her soft pink lips as she fidgets with her shoelaces.

"Mama- Puffy told me a story about how she met Dream once." Lia tells them, correcting herself quickly.

"How?" Karl asks tiredly.

Lia smiles at the story replaying in her head and begins to tell it.

Flashback:

"Well little duckling," Puffy stops to chuckle at the nickname slip and continues to hug a blanket wrapped around Lia, "Clay ran away from his parents, as you know, and I found him in a town far from here, trying to steal things for his own. I of course stopped him, telling him it wasn't right, and made him put it back. Since he really didn't know where he was, I showed him around as long as he promised not to steal or be disrespectful to the townsfolk, since they are very kind people." Lia nodded eagerly and Clay's cheeks reddened beside her.

"He followed me everywhere and I eventually had to leave the town but as soon as I moved back near this area, the SMP, Clay recognized me, following me around like a duckling all over again. That's where the nickname came from. He still does it." Puffy laughed at the thought and Clay's cheeks were bright red by this point.

"Hey! I don't follow you everywhere." He denied, Lia looking between the two.

"Just a bit." Lia pinched her fingers together to show the amount he followed him around making the other two laugh before a knock interrupted.

"Thanks for watching her C, I'll take Lia from here." The smiles dropped from everyone's faces and the young girl sighed before unwrapping herself from Puffy's arms and waving to the other two before following her dad out of the cozy house the other two call their home.

Flashback End: