Birthday (s)

I groggily open my eyes, regretting them immediately as I'm greeted with Tubbo holding Oli, trying to get closer to my face.

"What?" I ask bluntly as i force myself to sit up.

"Its Tommy's birthday, he's getting ready at his house now." I sigh and nod, glancing at the unwrapped present I got for him. A dog tag with his name and an engraved line, along with a cow plush and brownies. It was probably bad timing with the cow, but I got it before Henry re-died.

I don't hear movements from Tubbo so I look back at him in confusion. He looks at the ground then back at me.

"Happy birthday to you too I suppose." He mumbles. I laugh and thank him before ushering him out of my room so I can change.

————————————————————

"17... that's crazy. I've been 16 for so long." Tommy sighs happily. I laugh and nod, smiling at the dog tag he already put on his neck.

"Yea, it's crazy to think I'm finally the same age as Tubbo, he-"

"Ah ah ah, your birthday is on the 26, so you've got a bit more time before your 17." Tommy says with a smile, patting my arm.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. Once I'm over my short faux anger, i wave happily at Connor who was making snow angels in the grass.

"Connor! Hi!" I greet, excitedly.

"Uh, hi? Happy birthday Tommy, by the way." He smiles at Tommy and I furrow my eyebrows.

I clear my throat and Connor looks back at me with an appalled face.

"What? It's his day, go water plants or something, you like doing that." I stare at Connor in disbelief while Tommy laughs loudly from beside me.

————————————————————

"What can i now do as a 17 year old?" Tommy asks inquisitively. I hum, looking at Tubbo to answer the question but Ranboo talks first.

"Laugh at 16 year olds?" He shrugs.

"Try illegal substances?" Tubbo suggests. I hit his arm lightly and look at Tommy myself.

"Dance with someone under the stars?" I wonder with a growing grin. Ranboo scoffs but before i could even turn to him Tommy answers himself.

"Cry." Tommy decides. My eyes widen and my smile drops into a gape.

————————————————————

"Guys, maybe building up to the 'cry'...thing with tnt isn't the best idea if we're planning on blowing it up with-" Tubbo lights the tnt on the sign despite my worries and i quickly move down the falling tnt stairs from behind me.

"Wait-" Tommy realizes before the tnt explodes loudly. I quickly cover my ears, ignoring the noises and jumping into the deep lake I just barely make.

"That went well!" Tubbo smiles as he comes up from the water next to me. Tnt goes off beside of us and i quickly move out of the water.

———————————————————

Ranboo picks up a flower before tossing it at me, once caught, I smile at the cornflower, Clay's favorite.

"Howd you remember his favorite of all things?" I laugh slightly, playing with the end of the green stem. He just smiles in return, about to make a comment before I quickly turn my head to the whispering Tubbo. He's staring at me and Ranboo while smirking into Tommy's ear. He finishes his thought and crosses his arms proudly at us while Tommy begins to gag at whatever his best friend said. I cringe at the two before smiling quickly to Ranboo again, moving the group along the path once more.

———————————————————

"i feel like we should visit phil and techno, we haven't seen them in what feels like forever." i say to tommy. he rolls his eyes at the thought and simply shakes his head 'no'.

"tommy, as much as you may not like it, they're family." i stop him, turning him to me.

"they don't act like it, you can go if you'd like but i'd rather stay here." i look between him and tubbo and ranboo, who are a little ways head. sighing, i look back up to tommy.

"i'll be there if you need me, happy birthday tom." he nods, smiling slightly, before jogging back to the boys. i watch them walk away for a second longer, phil wouldn't mind me joining him for dinner, would he?

———————————————————

"oh dear, what are you doing out this late at night?" i turn quickly at the unfamiliar voice, rasing my sword and immediately lowering it at the scared face of a villager.

"i'm so sorry, i don't have the best history with strangers." i chuckle weakly, holding my sword behind my back, "i was actually going to my fathers, he lives down there." i point over a hill where smoke can be seen through the snowfall.

"philza?" the villager asks with wide eyes. i narrow my own, inspecting the villager carefully.

"yes? my names liability, or minecraft, whatever you know better." i hold my hand out for the lady to shake, which she does eagerly.

"oh it's ever so nice to meet the daughter of someone as famous and well known as philza." i laugh awkwardly and nod.

"yea, it's nice to meet you too. do you mind? i do need to get to the house before sundown." i let my hand fall to my side when the villager let's go.

"oh yes of course, safe travels dear!" i nod and send her a tight lipped smile, turning on my heel and quickly trekking through the deep snow. a caw stops me from my movement, as my gaze focuses on a black crow watching me carefully. i sigh softly, beginning to walk faster as more and more of the murder join the crow, watching and cawing eagerly at my presence.

"lia?" a voice asks in the distance and i glare at the murder, knowing they snitched on my arrival.

"what's she doing here?" another voice i recognize as niki asks. i frown, not knowing why she of all people would be with my dad, but dig my boots into the snow anyways, getting closer to their murmuring voices.

"found her." techno says monotonous, sharpening his sword. i wave slightly, jogging my way to the group of three.

"hi mate, whatre you doing here?" phil asks me.

i pull my jacket over my body tighter, suddenly wishing i brought more than a light jacket, "haven't seen you guys in awhile, thought i'd visit." i smile softly and techno looks up at me, an expression i can't quite grasp settled on his face.

"happy birthday." niki says in her kind voice, bringing my attention back to the pink haired girl.

"thank you, but i agreed with tommy for me to keep my birthday as it is, on the 26th." i tell them, shuffling to stand on a rock so my boots aren't getting more soaked as they are.

"that's nice, we can celebrate then ay?" phil confirms, to which i nod.

"yes of course, so niki, whatre you doing here?" she looks at phil with wide eyes and i look between the two in confusion, but it's not phil nor niki who answers the question, instead, techno asks one of his own in a low voice.

"have you ever heard of the syndicate lia?"

a/n:

i just realized i forgot to turn the caps on so you guys are stuck with this mess, i'm truly sorry it took so long to get this out, i was having a bad writers block even though there are barely any chapters left of this book. hope you guys have a good day/night, remember to drink water and eat something today! love you guys and stay lovely <3