her favorite color

TW: blood, knife, suicide, sad

Third person POV:

John hummed a tune through the dark castle, swinging Lia's arm back and forth with his. She looked to him and smiled, a red dust covering her cheeks. The lights began to flicker, reminding the two of the whole reason they were together.

Pulling the girl into a room, John quickly shut the door and locked it before turning to Lia who was already sitting on the floor, waiting for the silence to arrive.

"It's okay, Lia. I'll protect you, I promise." He whispered, letting the girl hug his waist while he combed her hair with his fingers.

"Why are we still here? It's just us and Karl, Sir. Billium too." She asked into his chest.

Butler cringed, knowing what he has to do later on, but replaced it with a sigh.

"I don't know... we can't do much anyways." He responded quietly. The dim lit room was simple. It looked like a ball room, only older. A chandelier, far prettier than the one in the main ballroom, hung high above the flooring, which was a white tile.

"It's pretty." Lia mumbled, tracing her eyes over the patterns in the painted ceiling. She's always loved paintings, and seeing them so surrounded by beauty makes it even better.

"Yeah." Butler breathes out. The door opens making the teens gasp, as they had locked it before. Sir. Billium walks in, a knife spinning on his black gloved fingers. His worker gives him pleading eyes through his mask but this just makes the host smirk more. Lia digs herself into Butler's arms, knowing this was her last moments with him.

"Liana." He mumbled.

"John." She whispered back. He pulled the girl out of his arms, glancing at the murderer by the door before standing up and holding a shaky hand out for the weapon he deeply hates. Turning back to Lia, her face is sunken of color, any sort of happiness or love is gone completely, realizing what and who he is.

Without a word, Sir. Billium leaves the room, closing the door with a smug grin making Lia shiver in fear.

"John, what?" The girl whispers, eyes on the dagger in her love's shaky hand. He slides to the ground, taking his mask off, and pulls Lia forward by her wrist making her gasp.

"I'm so sorry." He mumbles, picking up the knife. The girl gulps before her face's color comes back, sighing softly.

"You work for him?" She asks understandingly.

"Yeah, I do." He whispers, tears falling from his eyes. Lia nods softly and takes Butler's chin, pulling him forward as she lands a kiss on his soft lips. She of course doesn't like this ending to their story. Who would? It's heartbreaking, but she knows it's for the best. Something could happen to him if she doesn't die. Something worse could happen to her. Besides, she'd rather die by the one she loves than a man with a smug grin.

Sighing happily into the kiss, Lia pulls back, softly taking the dagger from the boy's shaky hands and nodding. Before he can understand, Lia stabs it into her heart, feeling tears burn her eyes as the slide down her rosy skin.

A scream comes from John he's never heard, no one has. He doesn't want to again.

Tears cloud his vision as he pulls Lia into his lap swaying side to side to help comfort his dying love.

"Hum?" Lia asks, choking on her words making John's tears come down faster.

"You idiot." He mumbles, hugging her tightly as he hums the same tune he was just ten minutes ago, only in a completely different mood.

"Pretty." Lia whispers, watching the paintings move above her, playing and dancing in the dim light, not a care in the world. She feels her dress and hair spread around herself as Butler hugs her tightly, scared to let go. She looks into his brown eyes and closes her own softly.

Blood was quickly staining her beautiful skin, soaking through the gown.

But she was happy.

Because red was her favorite color.

A:n:

AYYY MA FRENNSSSS.... so. Haha. Bet I scared you with the warning. I got the last bit from a poem on tiktok with the user @sh1ttypo3try and I really loved it so I wanted to include it by making you guys sad :)) bye swaggysouls!! Go drink water and eat healthy. Or prepare to run. (Yes ik this is rlly short, chill imma have another chapter soon)