plans and dreams

"You've gotta be joking." I mumble, listening to Tommy stutter out a plan to kill Dream with Ranboo and Tubbo. Ranboo plays with his fingers while Tubbo nervously bounces on his heels.

As much as I understand Tommy is pissed for dying, killing Dream won't solve anything, and I cant say that or else they will assume I'm on the side of manipulation and harm, which I'm the opposite of.

I sigh and look back to the window of Tubbo's home with a sad expression. Michael waves happily when he sees me looking and I follow his actions, forcing a small smile onto my face.

"Is that good Lia?" My name pulls me back into the conversation and I stay quiet for a moment. I could either tell him he would be killing an innocent man and word will get out I'm helping the most dangerous man in the SMP, or I could agree and help kill an innocent man.

"Tommy, what did Dream look like when it happened?" I ask softly, watching his expressions carefully. He pales slightly and looks at me astonished, not expecting it.

"He, we-well, he looked mad. An-and he had dark eyes and his mood had just, just completely changed in the past few seconds." I nod, smiling calmly when I piece together that he was being controlled.

"That's, that's good. Hey, I'm going to go back home, I have a few things to do." I change the subject, avoiding the question as I look at Ranboo. He stares into my eyes and tilts his head slightly, but I just keep my calm smile.

"But- but what about the-"

"Bye you guys, love you." I bring Tommy into a quick hug, cutting him off, before pecking Tubbo's cheek and waving at Ranboo.

"Don't forget your bag in my house, it should be in Michael's room." Tubbo reminds me as I leave the building. I send a thumbs up behind me as my footsteps stomp into the snow covered ground.

———————————————————

I glance up to the Dreamon nervously before continuing to play with my rings. It lets out a huff of air before swishing his gloved hand in the air and showing Dream through a screen. I watch him out of the corner of my eye as I continue with the gold band, inspecting the curves and carves of it.

"Lia?" Clay asks softly. I look up to him and take him in. He looks pale and dirty, skinnier too. He looks like he hasn't eaten. I frown upon seeing him, while he smiles softly.

"You- you know it wasn't me who did it right? It was, I was under control." He says, leaning forward slightly. I sigh and nod, looking back to the floor I'm sitting on. A laugh I haven't heard in awhile plays on end outside, curious as to why he is laughing in the middle of the woods, i peak up to my window.

George is sitting on the grass under a shady area, seemingly forgetting my house just in the distance. He's laughing loudly next to a... man? He's floating upside down next to him, with the same ceramic mask as Dream and the Dreamon, except an XD is on it instead of the normal smiley face. He has a forest green cloak on, making leaves and flowers float around George's mushroom hat, echoing laughs from the two. I gasp at the sight, this is where George has been? He said he wouldn't leave my side, he said he would visit everyday. So did Sapnap to be fair, and look where he is now.

"Lia? Lia, what is it?" Clay's scratchy voice brings me back to the nightmare I'm in and I turn around quickly, facing the screen again.

"Nothing, thought I saw something." I answer, averting my eyes to Oli's sleeping body on his bed.

"Are you sure?" He asks in a sweet voice. I bite my tongue, nodding before frowning at my watch.

"I'm sorry Clay, but I've gotta go. Tommy wants to talk about a plan, thing. Tomorrow? Noon?" I ask. His smile drops and he nods, wincing at the reference of my twin.

"Cool, love you, bye." He smiles back at my grin and the screen flashes away, leaving me in my cold room with the Dreamon watching me.

"You lied to him." It's voice echoing.

"I didn't want to bring up more bad news." I defend in a small voice. It smirks and nods before poofing away. Huh, no zap today. That's nice.

George's loud laugh reminds me of the guests just outside so with a thin frown, I pull myself to my front door and rest my hand on the cold doorknob.

Just tell them to go away, it's fine.

I pull the door open and the laughing stops, whispering now being heard. I clap my hands and Oli comes trotting to me tiredly.

I look back up and begin towards George who is looking around the woods with a paranoid look, the Dream thing holding fire up with its hands.

"George?" I call softly as I make my way to him. I'm too close to the thing for it to leave so it nervously looks to George whos face rests into a smile.

"Lia! It's great to see you, I didn't know you lived so close, I thought I was farther than that." A short silence follows his words, me watching the thing with a small glare.

George coughs awkwardly and I look back to him waiting for more words, "Kinoko Kingdoms been good."

"That's good." I reply swiftly, switching my gaze back to the thing, "Clay and I have been talking, the controlling is coming back." Upon saying this, a zap shocks my body, something i gasp upon impact of. George takes a step forward but i back away squinting the pain away.

I feel George's face turn sad from beside him, "He, we can't do anything to stop it, he's in prison for his own safety, you and me are the only ones who can and do know." He says in a serious tone.

"So who's this?" I ask, changing the subject and motioning towards the thing. It waves and chuckles awkwardly.

"Dream XD, I like to be called XD though." It says. I hum in acknowledgment before looking back to George.

"We miss you George, come home soon." With that, I turn away picking up Oli on the way back to the path to the SMP.

I wish I knew of the plan then. Maybe then I would be able to stop the zaps, maybe the infection that had been spreading up my body more and more, maybe Tommy.

I wish I knew, but, I didn't. And history turned out differently.

A/n:

yay boring chapter wooo

imma be honest working up to where im ending this book is hard when ur lazy