of

Marcus:

And here we have the saddest little cunts, walking in late.

Ferne:

You honestly have nothing better to say anymore, do you?

Marcus:

Quit sticking up for your shitty little boyfriend!

Ferne:

Why would I want to, when he's exactly that? My boyfriend.

Marcus:

[stunned silence]

Teacher:

Alright now, you gaggle of geese, shut your beaks and settle-

Teacher:

You're all quiet.

Teacher:

Again.

Teacher:

Marcus, what the hell have you done this time?!

Marcus:

Nothing! Stop picking on me, Miss!

Teacher:

Maybe if you'd stop picking your nose, Marcus, I'd take your words seriously.

Marcus:

But Charles Kingstor has a faggy boyfriend, Miss. We hate fags at our school.

Charlie:

Says who? The rest of us don't think so. You're all alone in that pathetic mindset.

Marcus:

Whatever, Charlie. You masturbate to penises.

Charlie:

It's not funny. It's just the truth.

Ferne:

My penis actually.

Charlie:

Yeah, Marcus, what you got to say about that?

Marcus:

I'm going to fucking choke you, Charlie. Do you hear me-

Teacher:

Boys!

Teacher:

Stop fighting like creatures! There's always something with your little group.

Teacher:

Speaking of the group, where's Nathan?

Marcus:

He's ill, Miss.

Teacher:

Tell him he's in detention.

Marcus:

Why?!

Teacher:

Simply for being associated with you, Charlie and Ferne for being fight-starters.

Charlie:

What-

Ferne:

Miss, you're an absolute-

Marcus:

That's not fucking fair!

Teacher:

Tough. Maybe that'll make you think more carefully about your actions, knowing it'll get your friend into detention with you if you do anything rash.

Marcus:

What kind of punishment is that-

Teacher:

Do you want me to withdraw your artworks from this freelance topic? It makes up 40% of your overall grade. Can you afford that?

Charlie:

[silence]

Ferne:

[silence]

Marcus:

[silence]

Teacher:

Good. It'll just be a detention on Monday, then. You made a wise choice, boys. You'll hear why right now.

Teacher:

So we have one week left on the animal art project. You should almost be done with the artwork, and working on how you'll present it to the class. Are you all almost done?

Teacher:

I'm choosing to take the silence as a positive indication. But in case you haven't got near completion- I'm not looking at anyone in particular-

Marcus:

[grunts]

Teacher:

Perhaps the cash prize will get you all geared up. The prize is £1000, a donation from a local art gallery trying to promote and somewhat persuade young adults, like yourselves, to follow the artistic path of life.

Teacher:

Of course, not all of you will be getting the money. The art gallery staff will select the most daring, original and innovative art piece as the winner.

Teacher:

So basically, shut up and work this hour. Deadline is in a week's time, and a lucky pair will have £1000 in their pockets. Who will it be, my darling painters?

Charlie:

I have an art boner.

Teacher:

Get to work, busy bees!