"It's unlike any paranormal book I've read--very smart, very fresh, and very addictive, and very still in my mind." –And Anything Bookish
In 1692, when witch trials gripped the community of Salem, Massachusetts, twenty-six children were accused as witches, exiled, and left for dead. Fourteen of them survived.
The Survivors is the first installment of the tantalizing tales of the fourteen ill-fated Survivors and their descendants, who have been content in hiding for over three centuries. Isolated on a Montana mountainside, only Sadie, the rogue daughter, dares to abandon the family’s sacred hiding place. But no matter how far Sadie runs, something always pulls her back.
On a muggy summer night in Tennessee, she witnesses a shocking scene that will change her life forever. It is the first in a sequence of events that will drag her from the human world she’s sought to belong to for over a century and send her back to her Puritanical family. Sadie is thrown toward an uncertain future filled with cunning witches, mysterious nosferatu shape-shifters, dangerous eretica and vieczy vampires, millennia-old mythology, and the search for her own mortality. After all…
HOW DO YOU KILL A SURVIVOR?
The Survivors will steal your heart and invade your mind. Fall into the pages of Sadie’s life, a world so frighteningly similar to your own, you’ll find yourself wanting to go to the Montana mountains to find the Survivors for yourself.
And it is only the beginning.
"The way Ms. Havard has taken the history of the Salem witches and made it her own is truly fascinating... great debut from a talented writer." –DJ DeSmyter, author of Hunted
“[THE SURVIVORS is a…] promising debut and an incredibly unique paranormal romance. Unputdownable, engaging, realistic and dark..." –Fragments of Life Review Blog
Can't wait to read the whole story? THE SURVIVORS is available for purchase now through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kindle, the Apple iBookstore, and
- Author's Note
- Epigraph: Violet Hill
- Prologue: Salem, Mass., December 1692
- Chapter One: Human
- Memoir: Montana, 1883
- Chapter Two: Matrimony, pt. 1
- Chapter Two: Matrimony, pt. 2
- Chapter Two: Matrimony, pt. 3
- Chapter Three: Other, pt. 1
- Chapter Three: Other, pt. 2
- Chapter Four: Nomad
- Memoir: Montana, 1985
- Chapter Five: Homecoming, pt. 1
- Chapter Five: Homecoming, pt. 2
- Chapter Six: Pacific, pt. 1
- Chapter Six: Pacific, pt. 2
- Chapter Seven: Road Trip, pt. 1
- Chapter Seven: Road Trip, pt. 2
- Chapter Eight, Twin Falls, pt. 1
- Chapter Eight: Twin Falls, pt. 2
- Chapter Nine: Juliet & Her Romeo, pt. 1
- Chapter Nine: Juliet and her Romeo, pt. 2
- Chapter 10: Patience
- Memoir: Survivors' City, Montana, 1987
- Chapter Eleven: Intercontinental, pt. 1
- Chapter Eleven: Intercontinental, pt. 2
- Chapter Twelve: Blank Slate, pt. 1
- Chapter Twelve: Blank Slate, pt. 2
- Memoir: Montana, 1992
- Chapter Thirteen: Body and Blood, pt. 1
- Chapter Thirteen: Body and Blood, pt. 2
- Chapter Fourteen: Nosferatu
- Chapter Fifteen: Answers, pt. 1
- Chapter Fifteen: Answers, pt. 2
- Chapter Sixteen: Evolution, pt. 1
- Chapt Sixteen: Evolution, pt. 2 + a special note from Amanda
- Chapter 17: Forever, pt. 1
- Chapter 17: Forever, pt. 2
- Epilogue: God's Work, pt. 1
- Epilogue: God's Work, pt. 2
- CONTEST!!! GIVEAWAY!! EXCITEMENT!!!
- BOOK 2 PREVIEW IS HERE!
- The Survivors: Point of Origin (book 2)
- Free on Kindle and Giveaway!
- BOOK 3, BODY & BLOOD, is now available!! Release Day! YAY!