Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

57. The One with a Big Heart

1.3K 83 16
By crazywriter1116

Haider shifted in his sleep, and slowly opened his eyes as he felt Amaal's side was empty. He blinked, propping up on his elbow, and in a daze looked around. There was a click sound from the bathroom door. Lazily, he looked at Amaal walking in. Dressed in a white boho top and denim, she seemed like she was going somewhere.

'It is a surprise; I am early than the earliest bird in town.' She teased him as she combed her bangs with her slender fingers. Haider chuckled, sitting up.

He removed the blanket, - 'Where is my early bird off to?' He climbed down and walked towards her whilst tugging up his track pants. Amaal doesn't reply but continues to apply lip balm over her lips. He stood behind her and admired her reflection, then slowly wrapped his arms around her waist.

'Hey!' Amaal nudged her elbow against his stomach.

'What?' Haider looked puzzled as he stepped back.

'You are going to spoil the creases of my dress.' She commented in annoyance and turned to do her eyes. Haider sighed watching her expertly apply winged eyeliner. Then, she swiftly turned and spoke as she buckled the chain of her rose-gold watch,

- 'I am going to the orphanage and will have breakfast there.' She looked up at him and passed a hurried smile. Haider was confused throughout and he sensed that Amaal was hiding something. Out-smarting Haider Minhas Zaidi wasn't easy. But he doesn't say anything and mutely walked towards his wardrobe. Amaal glances at him and then sighed sadly.

'Bye!'

'Bye.' Haider responded dryly without looking at her. Some moment later, he heard the door close. He turned and thought for a moment. He picked up his phone and paused with his thumb over Simon's number. Then, he recollected Alina's words,

- 'What love is this, Haider? Where you don't trust your partner that you leave spies behind her.'

Haider let out an exasperated sigh and dropped his phone on the bed. Whatever Amaal was hiding or why ever she was lying, there must be a reason. When she feels the right time was here, she will talk to him.

Strangely, he felt lighter realizing this and was pleasantly surprised by his reaction

Alina sat at the table, biting the corner of her mouth, and staring at the pencil tip that she tapped on the desk. The surroundings muffled as she thought of last night. She recollected how Mikael hadn't eaten dinner and didn't even listen to her as she reasoned him to patch up with his father.

'Don't do this, Mikael. You are his only son and if you ditch him like this then who will take care of him and his business. Mikael, you are the only heir.'

'I get it now, Alina. You are just saying this because my father, Hashim Jaffery is a billionaire. Right?'

Alina flinched remembering him thundering in rage. For the first time, he had raised his voice at her. This brought tears to her eyes. But it wasn't his fault, entirely. Even though, he was named after an angel he was a human after all. He can't be calm, mature, and reasonable all the time.

'Are you alright?' Meera sounded concerned. She placed a warm palm on her shoulder. Alina avoided her gaze, blinking her tears back and she nodded. Before Meera could probe further, Ravi appeared out of nowhere and requested for lunch. Meera agreed but Alina refused. After the couple walked out, she slumped into her chair and closed her eyes.

Someone cleared their throat and she looked up.

'Mikael.' She breathed, sitting straight in her chair. He had an apologetic look.

'Alina.' He sat on Meera's empty chair and held both her hands. Alina looked hopefully at him. He brought her hands to his forehead, closed his eyes, and let out a shaky breath. She felt tears blur her vision, hating the look of defeat in his eyes.

'I am sorry, Alina. I shouldn't—', he looked up at her, - 'I spoke to Amaal this morning and she was asking me to come to the airport to see off Hashim Jaffery.'

Alina gently cupped his face, - 'You should go.'

Mikael gulped, - 'Will you come with me?'

She smiled slightly, blinking softly at him, and urged him to go alone and face his father.

'I am always there with you, always. But there are somethings that you must do alone. You can do this.' She encouraged him and he smiled with uncertainty.

Haider worked on the canvas, but he kept erasing and re-designing. Irritated, he threw the pencil against the board and turned around. He kept thinking about Amaal's safety. What if she took any drastic step? Her state of mind was fine, or it seemed. She was exceptionally good at masking her emotions. He exhaled deeply, took a pause, and walked to the table. He had just picked up his phone from the glass table when the phone rang.

Amaal Calling!

A sense of relief filled his chest, he smiled shakily and answered the call keenly. His smile turned into a frown upon hearing Mikael's voice from the other side,

- 'You! Where is Amaal?'

There was a silence for a moment then he replied, - 'Sir! I mean Haider. She is with me. I want to apologize for last night's fiasco. And I want to make up for that. I wanted to invite you and Amaal for dinner at a restaurant. I will send the address.'

Haider patiently heard him and then reacted, - 'Okay! Is Amaal alright? Where are you two?'

'We are at the airport.' – he hesitated, - 'we are here to see off Mr. Jaff—our father.' He confessed. Haider's expressions relaxed. He was glad the twins were trying to patch up with their father. He felt pride knowing very well that this must have been Amaal's idea.

Alina was overwhelmed knowing Mikael was trying to forgive his father and move on. But her smile instantly dropped when the thought of dining with Haider crossed her mind. Yet she doesn't let it show on her face. Mikael was genuinely ashamed for creating a ruckus last night and wanted to make up for it. And she didn't want to spoil it for him.

Mikael dressed in a casual beige V-neck Tee and tugged it inside his denim. Alina adjusted the sequin white dupatta on her shoulder as she walked into the room. She stopped, looking at him, and smiled. She tugged down the lacy hem of her floral long Kurtha and walked to him. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her cheek against his shoulder. He paused and smiled. She walked around him and pulled him down a little by his shoulder. Mikael chuckled as she pecked his lips.

'I love you.' She confessed and he reciprocated, then placed a hand on his shoulder.

'You are great, Alina for forgiving me after last night.' He lowered his head. Alina held his cheek and smiled warmly at him.

'I know that was not your fault. Haider shouldn't have invited him so unexpectedly. He should have spoken to you guys first. Your reaction was an outburst of bottled up emotions from many years.' She explained.

Mikael was stunned seeing her talk so maturely. To this, Alina giggled and held his arm, - 'All thanks to you. Your company has rubbed on good for me.' She gushed, pressing the side of her head against his forearm. He smiled and kissed the top of her head.

Chalo, this is sorted *hearts* Amaal surely has a big heart. Zaroon had a very positive effect on her *sad smile* He was a perfect soul, Bechara. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 330 10
Book 1 in the "BOUND BY DESIRE" series.. ***************************************** What happens when the person you hate makes you feel something you...
8.2K 1.3K 37
When former lovers and current enemies, Adelaide and Fletcher are held hostage in a bank robbery, they realise they need to put their past hatred for...
1.4M 53.2K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...