Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

42. Exposed!

1K 91 30
By crazywriter1116

Haider sat crossed-legged on the recliner chair. He straightened upon hearing a knock at the door.

'Come in.' He said calmly. Santosh entered the room and he asked to close the door. Haider doesn't fail to notice his hesitance.

'Um, Santosh. Before we start. There is something of yours that I found.' He said and exhaled deeply. Santosh remained quiet and kept looking with a straight face. Haider paused for a second before lowering his hand and picked up something from the floor.

Santosh's eyes widened in surprise as he showed off the bra, dangling from his index finger. He bit his lower lip. Haider kept observing him.

'Sir you found out.' – He lowered his head. Haider titled his head looking amusedly at him. 'Actually, I am a man by birth but a woman from the heart.' He placed both his hands over his chest. Haider placed the back of his fingers against his smiling lips, averting his gaze momentarily.

'Okay.'- He breathed heavily and stood up. He walked around the bed and tossed the lingerie at Santosh which he clumsily caught, - 'I am not judging you.'- Haider approached him and noticed sweat beads over his forehead. Santosh leaned back as he moved his hand to touch his forehead. Haider scoffed retracting his hand, - 'Don't worry. I am not doing anything.' He said wiping the sweat beads with his finger. Santosh ran a nervous hand over his neck. Once, he relaxed a little, Haider moved his finger and swiftly pulled out the walrus mustache. Santosh yelped covering his mouth with both his hands.

Haider shook his head and tugged up the fake hair. The pixie cut was covered with a hairnet and the long bangs neatly pinned. He glared at her and then held her hands, moving it away from her face.

'Amaal!' He stared into her brown eyes, - 'Contacts. Good attention to detail.' He looked impressed. Amaal flashed him a guilty smile.

'What can I do? You refused to look at me, forget listening to me. Also, I and your friends were genuinely concerned about you. That is why?'

'Friends.'- Haider sneered and turned around to face her, - 'I have no friends.' His voice had a tinge of pain in it. Then, he looked the other way. Amaal sighed, drooping her shoulders.

'So, you think.' – She walked to him and held his shoulder, he shrugged her hand away, - 'Haider, look around you. Me, AK, Banerjee, Mikael and Alina—'

'Don't talk about that ungrateful woman in front of me.'- Haider grabbed her arm, - 'If she cared for me or—loved me—then she would have been with me. Not dumped me for good for nothing brother of yours.' He said in a menacing tone. Amaal rolled her eyes and moved her hand from his grip.

'Care doesn't necessarily mean romantic love. She cares for you, respects you. And don't tell me you are still stuck—'

'I feel nothing for her, Okay.' Haider interrupted rudely. Amaal sighed again. He turned her hand and pushed her towards the door, - 'Now, get lost. And first thing in the morning,' – He raised a finger at her, - 'I want you out of my house.' – He turned around, waving a hand, - 'I don't need anyone.' He said firmly, clasping his arms behind him. Sometimes, passed and he heard the door open and shut. Then, he breathed out holding on his forehead.

Why was Amaal here? Why can't she let him be alone? And Alina? Why was she so concerned? Haider mentally decided to meet Alina in the office and talk about all this and demand her to leave him alone.

Haider felt his eye burn as he worked late into the night. To cover the lost expenses, he had taken up many projects at once. Multi-tasking was tough, but he had to do it. Without moving his gaze from the canvas, he reached for the packet of cigarettes that lay on the small and round mahogany table. Haider clicked his tongue in disappointment as he found it empty. He took a step back and looked up checking the wall-clock. It was fifteen minutes past four and sunrise will be soon. He turned to his bed and grabbed his night-robe. On the way to his room, he tied the robe.

As he reached the end of the stairs, he heard a faint sound of music. It was a tune from his piano and sounded like an amateur.

'Amaal!' Haider shook his head and marched towards the activity room with the intend of reprimanding her.

He quietly walked into the room, being careful not to let the door screech. He noted she was trying to play the titanic tune again. He mentally cringed realizing his piano lessons for her was a total waste.

Slowly, he approached her and gently placed a palm on her shoulder, and she shuddered, abruptly stopping the music. Haider couldn't make out her face in the dark.

'Are you okay?' He asked and she nodded. There was a sniffle from her, and Haider was alerted.

Without letting her know, he crept to the door again and switched on the lights. Amaal closed her eyes as the Chandelier on top showered warm yellow lights over her. He walked up to her and was surprised to see tears in her eyes. She quickly rubbed her eyes and pretended to yawn.

'Gosh! I didn't realize how the time—' She stretched her body. Haider kept looking skeptically at her.

'Tell me, Amaal. Don't lie. I know when you play this tune—you are thinking about—Zaroon?' He hesitated. Amaal lowered her head and began to fiddle with her fingers. Haider placed a palm on her shoulder and squeezed it gently. He noticed she was dressed for the night in loose pink top and grey shorts.

Amaal wiped her cheeks with her palms and let out a shaky breath, - 'Yes!' She muttered. Haider looked at her shivering fingers, then he heard her soft sobs.

'Hey!' He kneeled in front of her and placed a comforting hand on her thigh, over the cloth. He hooked his fingers under her chin and made her look at him. Without the glasses, their eye contact felt more intense. Haider felt his heart hurt seeing tears brimming in her beautiful green eyes.

Haider moved his hand and wiped her tears from under her eye. She sniffed and grabbed his hand with both her palms, - 'Haider, you won't leave me—like Zaroon?' She looked at him with pleading eyes. He was taken aback and remained speechless. Amaal brought the back of his palm to her lips and planted a tender kiss. Then, she looked at him and held his cheek.

'I know you are hurt, and I deserve it. But I want you to know that you are very, very important to me. I lost Zaroon but I don't want to lose you.' She caressed his beard.

Haider blinked slowly at her, - 'Are you placing me on the same pedestal as Zaroon?' He raised his eyebrow. Amaal chuckled through her tears,

'You are special to me. Zaroon is no more. I couldn't save him, but I don't want to lose you.' She said, leaned forward, and kissed his forehead. Haider closed his eyes and smiled a little. In his heart, he hoped she would say something more, something more comforting. But what did he want to hear?

Haider took a deep breath and nodded. She smiled and threw her arms around his neck. Amaal hugged him tightly and closed her eyes, - 'Thank you, Haider.' She leaned and held his face with both her palms. Haider slowly moved her hands away.

'May I ask you something?' He asked with uncertainty. Amaal instantly nodded her head.

'That night when you had gone to let go of a fire lantern. That was a special night, right?'

Amaal smiled a little, she looked front with a loving smile and nodded, - 'Yeah!'- She sighed, and her smile dropped. Then, she looked at Haider, - 'It was Zaroon's Birth anniversary.' She revealed. He nodded and gently patted her hands, urging her to go to sleep. She shrugged, - 'But it is almost morning.'

Haider chuckled placing his arm on her shoulder as they walked together, - 'It is not like you have anything else to do. Just sit back and rest.' He commented and she laughed in response.

'Yeah. Now, that I am no longer Santosh.' She said as Haider led her out of the room.

Together they climbed the stairs and a thought struck him, - 'By the way, you caught on the Bhojpuri accent spot on.' He complimented. Amaal smiled acknowledging his praise.

'I had worked with an NGO in Bihar for two months. I caught it from there.'

Haider looked impressed. Then, he pointed to the guest room that was close to his room. Amaal winked at him, stunning him, before walking inside her room. He shook his head, a small smile lingered on his face. Deep in his heart, he knew he was happy to have Amaal here with him, but he doesn't want to accept it.

Amaal!!!!

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*

Precap:

Stay Tune for the next update, my lovelies. *Lots of love* *Hugs and Kisses*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 18K 90
If black defined darkness he was darker than that. He chose to be like that. Darkness attracted him. He loved the cold unless it was the warmth of bl...
25.8K 1.1K 35
The journey continues....
524K 29.7K 33
Book two of A L A N A You don't necessarily have to read the first book to understand this one. Some parts would just make more sense. Tainted with a...
58.8K 1.5K 9
The desire to keep you to myself is what pushes me to do something inexplicable. - Yandere Lover All the Oneshots are...