Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh

1K 88 39
By crazywriter1116

Alina and Mikael sat in the cafeteria, facing each other, and silently having their coffee. Alina was still in a double mind about the Nikah date. Mikael was okay with any date and he doesn't interfere in whatever she and her parents decide. She took a sip and sighed. Just then, Meera walked into the cafeteria and looked around. Alina opened her mouth to speak to her fiancé but was stopped when Meera excitedly interrupted her.

'Guys, Haider is here.' She gushed. Alina gaped at her, while Mikael looked relieved. She let a moment to sink the information. Then, she smiled with uncertainty.

'How—' – Alina placed her hand over Meera's palm, - 'how is he?' She asked. Meera smiled at her, tilting her head a little,

- 'He is fine. Just seems bossier and hotter than before. The thick stubble is giving him a so rugged look.' She air-kissed and grinned at her friends. Mikael smiled a little and looked at Alina. She looked so much relieved and calm. He moved his hand and gently grasped her palm. Alina looked at him and they exchanged a smile.

Haider and his financial advisor worked together in the board meeting room. Along with them were few other experts. It was utmost urgent to rectify the blunders Jahangir Zaidi had done. Haider sat in the middle chair, listening with full concentration to the experts. Then, there were muffled footsteps and voices that grew louder as they approached the room.

'Listen, girl! You can't go in. Boss is in the meeting.'

'Ya Allah!'

Haider's ear stood up, and he glanced, almost instantly, darted towards the door,

- 'I will just take a few seconds of your boss. I am sure he can spare that.'

'But we can't let you go.'

'Unlike last time, this time I have more authority to barge in. Hey! Hey!'

Haider quickly got up, pushing back his chair. Everyone in the hall gaped, stunned at their boss. Without bothering him of putting up a show, he hurried to the door.

'Hey! Don't you dare touch her.' Haider spoke sternly as he stepped out. The scene in front was much like how they had met for the first time. Only with a huge difference.

A muscular, bouncer type guard, let go of Amaal's petite arm and she glanced at him with a puffed up chest in pride. Then, she passed a cheeky grin at Haider. He looked at her and then at the guard and gestured him with his finger to step back. The guard nodded, stepping aside. He looked at Amaal and she stuck out her tongue at him. He looked miffed.

After he had marched away, Amaal looked at Haider. He looked back and then, swiftly turned around.

'Haider!' She called in a small voice. He sighed placing one hand into his trouser pocket.

'I don't want to talk to you nor see your face. Leave.' He said, feeling a burden in his heart. He wanted to hold her and talk to her, listen to her. It had been long, and, at this moment, he had missed her yet not realized it.

'Haider, I am—' She stopped speaking as he opened the cabin door. He held the door and stood still without looking at her.

'Leave, Amaal. I said I have nothing to do with Miss. Alina,' – he looked at her, - 'and you.' He replied sternly and was about to walk inside.

'Then, why did you bother coming out, Haider.' – Amaal angrily folded her arms and glared at him. He looked at her, his eyes moist.

'It was a moment of impulse, Miss. Amaal Jaffery. And' – he gulped softly, - 'I assure you that, this won't happen again.' He said with determination and walked inside the board room meeting. Amaal gaped at him with a sinking feeling in her heart.

Haider quickly blinked back his tears and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. After he had composed himself, he walked towards the large multi-chair table.

'Sir, you are alright?' Vinod, the head of the finance department, asked with caution and Haider just nodded. He breathed in as he sat down and passed his palm over his tie, adjusting his coat and then looked at the room at large.

'Sorry for the disturbance, gentleman. Let us continue with the work.' He said in a dry tone and a straight face. Everyone agreed and got to their work.

Haider looked ahead whilst fidgeting with his pen. He thought of Amaal. It has been one week since he had seen her. She looked the same. Dressed in white, sea green striped half sleeve tee loosely tugged out of her skinny jeans. Her wild bangs fell across her face, covering one of her beautiful green eyes. The over-sized glasses drooped till the tip of her nose. Her carefree attitude was still there. Mindlessly, a small smile crept on Haider's face, but he quickly fixed his expressions as one of the experts from the panel unintentionally coughed.

Amaal greeted Meera, Mikael, and Alina with wide smiles and warm hugs. She didn't miss the opportunity to tease Alina and her brother.

'When we first met, I hadn't thought I was looking at my future sister-in-law.' She commented, throwing an arm around her brother's waist. Alina noticed that Amaal was also tall like Mikael.

Meera demanded Alina fed Amaal some sweets from the cafeteria. Amaal also sided with Meera. Alina looked at Mikael, who just kept smiling at her. She sighed happily and nodded. Everyone took their seat as Alina walked towards the food counter.

After they were all settled, Alina asked Amaal if she met Haider. Amaal's smile dropped and she looked grim.

She exhaled deeply, - 'He didn't even want to look at me.'

Alina sighed, leaning back in her chair.

'Well, you two deserve it.' Mikael taunted them. Amaal and Alina shot a glare at him.

'Hey, Mikael. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.' Meera reprimanded him. But he scoffed in response.

'What happened, happened. Now,' – He leaned placing his clutched fingers on the table and spoke firmly, like a mature adult, - 'We must think of what to do next? How to pull him out of his bubble.' He spoke thoughtfully. The girls nodded.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Haider returned home. It was extremely late around 11 in the night and he was very tired. He wanted to stay at the office even longer but knew it wasn't feasible. He just returned to sleep and then wake up early and be off to work again.

He walked through the main door, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. On the way to the stairs, he was interrupted by AK.

Slowly, he looked at his butler who stood with another man. A tall and lean man with a brown bushy walrus mustache and a sloppy hairstyle. AK cleared this throat, - 'Sir, this is Santosh Kumar.'- The other guy bowed a little, folding his palms, - 'from my village in Bihar. He is in dire need of work. Please, can you—', he hesitated, - 'hire him?' AK gulped.

Haider looked at the man. He was dressed in a blue striped loose shirt tugged out of white pajamas. He cringed at the attire. Slowly, he looked up at the man's face. He had a very baby-like face, only the mustache made him appear a little manly.

'AK!' He sighed, - 'You know we are cutting cost. That is why I had to let go of the maids and other staff except you and the cook.' Haider sounded defeated. Because of Jahangir's recklessness, they are now forced to adjust and balance the cost.

AK slightly shook his head, - 'No, sir. Santosh won't take much money. Anything you give—In fact, I will share my salary with him.'- Haider looked surprised, and before he could respond Santosh spoke.

'Sir, please.'- He spoke in a meek baritone that sounded like he had something stuck in his throat, - 'I have a widow sister and a blind mother and a paralyzed father.'- He fell to the ground and clutched Haider's leg. He jumped on the spot, but the man had fast reflexes and a strong grip.

'What the hell!'- Haider spoke over the man's pleading in the background. He looked at AK, who looked embarrassed.

'Please, please please....' The man cried in the background. Haider kept kicking his leg to free himself. After two minutes of struggle, Haider felt angry.

'Okay, Okay. Just leave my leg.' He agreed. The man huffed, freeing his leg, and then jumped on his feet.

'Thank you.' He bowed looking gratefully at him. With his fingers, Haider pushed aside the wavy strand that fell across his forehead but kept glaring at the man.

'Control this man, AK. I am tired and I don't have time for this buffoonery.' He warned AK, who nodded nervously at him. Then, without throwing another glance at Santosh, Haider climbed up the stairs. AK and Santosh looked at each other, passed a smile. Santosh winked at him.

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? And what do you think is going to be Alina and gang's plan? And who is this boy, Santosh? 

Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 29.7K 33
Book two of A L A N A You don't necessarily have to read the first book to understand this one. Some parts would just make more sense. Tainted with a...
438K 17.7K 57
Alina was ecstatic when she got selected for an internship in Noida's best Architecture firm- Infinite Designs. Her parents were apprehensive, but s...
Fanaa By Storyteller

General Fiction

243K 26.6K 35
Tara and Ibrahim story. What happens when love turned into Obsession? This is not an obsession to ruin her, This obsession is far beyond his own exis...
205K 17.5K 90
If black defined darkness he was darker than that. He chose to be like that. Darkness attracted him. He loved the cold unless it was the warmth of bl...