Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

30. Virginity and Soulmates

1.9K 106 73
By crazywriter1116

It's been one week since Haider's phone was tossed away, and then quickly returned to him. But it wasn't the same again. After fixing it and talking to Banerjee, he appeared suspicious.

Haider checked his mobile, shook his head, and tugged it inside his long mustard winter coat. He looked ahead and watched Amaal standing up on the stool and fixing the decorations on the Christmas tree. They have grown these in the backyard of the mansion. He folded his arms, occasionally smiling as she reprimanded the kids running around the tree, disrupting her. A teen girl was with her, helping her and, scolding the other kids as well.

Haider noticed many times, the stool wobbled threatening to throw Amaal down. He also observed the teen holding onto it, but she was more distracted by the kids. He casually walked towards them until the stool wobbled again and he rushed. He reached just in time and grabbed Amaal by her waist. She gasped; her eyes widened. Haider realized his face was really close to the side of her breasts and he quickly leaned back. Blinking rapidly, to avoid his gaze to wander.

'Thanks.' Amaal muttered as he steadied her. Haider looked up and she flashed him a nervous smile. To avoid his awkwardness, he called few other kids to help her, especially with the stool. Then, he passed her a glance, she looked back with gratitude. He smiled light lipped at her. Turning away, he shoved his hands into his pocket and quickened his pace, walking past the courtyard.

A warm cup of black tea cozied Haider up. He sat relaxed on the bed, resting against the wall. The laptop was placed on his lap and his feet crossed. As he sipped his tea, he kept scrolling through Alina's social media. Luckily, she hadn't made her account private. A smile kept on his face, as he admired her. Recollecting the times when she was with him when she was his. His smile disappeared when he stumbled upon an announcement. It was a collage photo of Mikael and Alina, hand in hand with gaze locked and looking very much in love.

'Hey!'

In reflex, Haider snapped the laptop shut spilling hot tea on his abdomen. He yelped in pain. Amaal's apologies were muffled as he threw his laptop and began to tug on his white Tee. She hurriedly climbed to the top-bunk and passed him some tissues.

'Why did you panic as though I caught you masturbating?' She asked and Haider looked sharply at her. How does she come with random stuff like these?

'Do you smoke weeds, Amaal?' Haider removed his coat, tossing it on the bed, and then preceded with moving his Tee from over his head. Amaal inaudibly gasped, then smirked, looking away. She pressed a finger over her lips and eyed him from the corner of her eyes.

'Actually, I used to.' She commented as he passed her. Haider stilled and slowly turned around. She turned to face him, - 'Anyway,' -she tossed her head, pushing back her bangs, - 'I thought after our encounter, you would—'

Haider shook his head, lowering his gaze, - 'Don't give yourself so much importance. You are my friend, that's all.' He commented, looking into the wardrobe for decent clothes.

Amaal squealed with joy and hurried to him. He was pushed forward as she jumped on him, climbing on his back.

'Oww!' He exclaimed but was surprised as she planted a kiss on his cheek.

'I am so happy you consider me as your friend.' She pressed her cheek against his bare neck. Haider gulped, held her arms, and separated them. Amaal huffed, bouncing on the soles of her feet.

'Do I look like Vikram to you?' He frowned at her and Amaal laughed, throwing her head back.

'Why? Am I behaving like Betal?' She responded, clenching her stomach, and leaning forward. Haider's lips curled into a smile as though on its own accord. Then, he felt bitter after his mind reminded him that the woman in front of him was Mikael's twin sister. He turned around and furiously looked through the clothes.

'By the way,' -He paused passed a glance at her from the corner of his eyes, then looked back at his clothes, - 'congratulations to your brother.' – Amaal's laugh instantly died out. Haider turned around clenching on the clothes he had selected. She looked clueless.

He smirked sarcastically at her, - 'As if you don't know,' – he walked towards the door, - 'Your brother is getting engaged to—' He paused.

Amaal folded her arms and looked at him with curious eyes, - 'Are you still sulking over Alina?' She wondered. Haider looked miffed at her and flatly denied but avoided looking at her. She sighed in exasperation and held his arm,

- 'Come sit with him.' She pulled him. He protested but quickly gave in. Quickly, he wore another Tee as they sat together on the floor.

'How many women have you dated?' She straightway asked, resting her arm on the bed, and leaning her head against her knuckles. Haider frowned,

'Excuse me?'

Amaal exhaled deeply, - 'See, Alina is definitely not your first and she won't be your last. That is for sure.' She shifted leaning and pulled her legs against her chest.

'Why are you annoying me? I love Miss. Alina.' He said with a serious tone, glaring at her. Amaal clicked her tongue and shook her head.

'But she doesn't.' – She held his shoulder, - 'I thought you were over her.'

Haider snorted, - 'You can't get over true love. Tell me,' – he shifted, - 'Can you get over, Zaroon?' He gulped softly, knowing well he was venturing into sensitive territory.

Amaal smiled slightly, - 'Your situation and mine are different. Zaroon loved me but Alina—Anyway,' – she took a deep breath, - 'Answer to your question is, No. I am not over Zaroon, I can never be. But—' she lowered her head briefly, then she looked up at him with confidence, - 'As I told you, I am still waiting for my soulmate.' – She paused, held his shoulder, - 'Zaroon was my first love, true love but he wasn't my soulmate.' – she licked her lips, - 'Maybe Alina isn't your soulmate, either. Look ahead and search, you will find someone soon.' Amaal hit his arm lightly with her fist.

There was silence between them. Except for the rhythm of their breaths and gently thudding on the glass window and balcony door by the breeze. Haider kept staring front at the heater while Amaal observed him keenly.

'Before Alina, I had a strong feeling for another woman.' – He let out a shaky breath, - 'Roma.'

Amaal shifted closer, - 'Roma Subberwal, as in Miss. India.' She pushed back her bangs and blinked excitedly at him. Haider sighed, nodding his head.

'She was a close friend of mine and she was the longest relationship I had. But it ended in a disaster when she chose to marry business Danny Subberwal.' – He huffed, his head lowered, - 'I was upset for at least three to four months. It was my lowest time. She was my only friend. And with her betrayal, everything fell.' He exhaled and looked up, blinking rapidly.

Amaal clenched his shoulder tightly, - 'You know, it is funny. But you must kiss a few frogs before finding your soulmate. Roma was one ugly frog.' She pressed her lips. Haider looked at her, her innocence made him smile even when his heartfelt heavy and uneasy.

'Okay, tell me.' – She leaned closer, resting her elbow on his shoulder, - 'When was the first time, you did it.' She wriggled her eyebrows. Haider glanced at her not missing the naughty glint in her eyes. He looked away.

'I guess I was about sixteen-seventeen.'- He revealed, and she gasped loudly, leaning back, and covering her mouth. Haider scowled at her, - 'Hey, don't judge me. I was a hormonal teen.' He shrugged.

Amaal bit her smile, she shifted closer again, - 'Who was the lucky girl?'

Haider looked hesitant, - 'Um,' – he licked his lips and avoided looking at her, - 'Woman actually. She was—is, my mother's friend.' – then he added in haste, - 'she was young and seductive, Okay.' He clarified. Amaal blinked at him and then giggled.

'Why are you explaining?'

Haider shifted agitatedly in his seat, - 'Why are going off-topic?'

She exhaled deeply, - 'To make you realize that there have been things worse than the breakup with Alina. There are some beautiful memories and some bad ones. Remember the good ones and ditch the bad.' She advised.

He let out a breath, - 'It isn't easy.' He felt a tingly sensation, feeling her fingers slid over his forearm, he watched her move her hand and hold his palm, slipping her fingers in between his fingers. He smiled noticing how perfectly their fingers looked when entwined together. Amaal snuggled closer, resting her head against his shoulder.

'Forget Roma, I am there as your friend. And forget Alina, you will find your soulmate soon.' She assured him. He felt his chest lighter but the thought of letting go, Alina, kept pestering him. He felt helpless. To distract himself, he decided to strike another conversation.

'What kind of man are you looking for in your soulmate?' He asked not looking at her. Amaal's head shot up, she let go of his hand and drew herself a little back.

'I am looking for, obviously, handsome, tall, sensible man who will respect me, adore me, and stand by me.'

'And rich?' Haider raised his eyebrow. She chuckled.

'I have never been fascinated by richness. For me, they are like cupcakes. The first one you will have with greed, then slowly with each cupcake you begin to feel bored and trapped and frustrated.' – She paused and exhaled deeply, - 'That is why I fell for Zaroon. He wasn't rich. Honestly,' – she shook his head, waving her palm, - 'I was annoyed being the daughter of a billionaire. You had all the richness, butlers, maid, and everything but the loneliness. Too many restrictions, be conscious of the family reputation. Just—don't be free.' – she placed her palm against her chest and retracted, - 'your dad is busy with work, barely has time for you. Mom is busy socializing. Nannies are taking care of you, someone who is more attached to their pay at the end of the month than you.'

Haider sensed pain in her voice and quickly threw an arm around her, pulling her closer.

'I am happy to find someone who is not interested in money.' He commented. Then, he sighed sadly, recollecting about Alina again.

'Otherwise, some people get into a relationship with you just for the money. Many times, I feel like you. Too much money is a curse. You don't even know who are your true friends and lovers or are they leaches?'

Amaal scoffed, - 'Too much of anything eventually makes it lose it's charm and eventually becomes toxic. Even too much of a good thing.' She rested her head comfortably over his chest. A moment of silence passed, and she shifted, snorted, and sat up straight, - 'What kind of woman you are looking for as your soulmate?'

Haider didn't think much, - 'Someone who understands me and comforts me. Someone who won't say "I am there for you" and then ditch me.' He confessed.

Amaal smiled.

'Perhaps you should stop being jerks to them.'

He looked sharply at her and she apologized. To his surprise, she leaned and pecked his cheek. Then, loud ringing of a bell distracted them- it was dinner time.

Excellent conversation between Haider and Amaal. Good that they are opening up *smiles* and Guys, Vikram and Betal anyone *awkward smile*

Also, did you guys notice how Alina had trouble confessing "I love you" to Haider but she was the first one to say those three words to Mikael *winks* *winks* and now they are getting engaged. Wow!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 965 9
The desire to keep you to myself is what pushes me to do something inexplicable. - Yandere Lover All the Oneshots are...
Fanaa By Storyteller

General Fiction

256K 27.8K 36
Tara and Ibrahim story. What happens when love turned into Obsession? This is not an obsession to ruin her, This obsession is far beyond his own exis...
43.8K 2.7K 51
Follow Saige as she navigates through her life Book 2 of the Twisted Lovers Series