Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

28. Death!!!

1.1K 90 18
By crazywriter1116

Alina had just exited the bathroom when someone dashed into her, knocking her to the ground. She winced looking miffed at the person, who had fallen along with her. Banerjee looked wide-eyed, worried lines over his forehead and sweat beads dripped from his temple.

'What happened?' She enquired but he ignored her, standing up with a jolt. He clenched his phone tightly and kept muttering to himself.

'I have to say this Sir. I have to talk to Haider sir.' He blabbered walking away. Alina's expressions relaxed. She looked at him sharply and hurriedly stood up, she patted her hands and scurried to him.

'Banerjee.' She grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks, - 'What are you going to tell Haider?' She asked, feeling heat building up inside her and her heart rate began to increase as she thought about it.

Banerjee gulped hard, - 'Hania Madam—Hania madam is—no more.' He dropped the bomb. Alina's mouth hung open and her grasp on his elbow loosened. She stared, aghast at him. He wiped his forehead with the back of his palm and turned around. Alina kept contemplating and took a moment to realize Banerjee was about to inform Haider. She recollected how the two siblings were close and Haider would be shattered.

'Banerjee.' Alina huffed as she ran to him and held his shoulder. Banerjee pushed her hand away and scolded her. She took a deep breath and explained to him her reasons. He was reluctant at first but after she reasoned with him about Haider's mental health and the repercussions of this news on him, Banerjee dropped his idea.

Amaal tugged down an olive-green knitted top from over her head and pulled the sleeves up to her elbows. Then, she began to comb her short hair with her fingers. The ringing of her phone caught her off-guard. She looked up at her reflection, quickly wore her glasses, and ran to pick up her phone. She was puzzled seeing Alina's name flash on the screen.

'Hello?' She faced the mirror and picked up a small pearl stud. Amaal paused hearing what she had to say, her shoulders dropped, and she stared at her reflection. She hadn't met Hania, but she knew Haider, and thinking about him, worried her.

'Don't let Haider find out.' Alina sounded urgent and desperate.

Amaal blinked rapidly and nodded, - 'Yes, yes.' Just then, the door creaked open and she froze hearing footsteps. Hastily, she disconnected the call.

'Amaal!'

Slowly, she turned around and forced a smile upon seeing Haider walk in. He had a cheerful smile and a bright face. He sighed patting off snow from his hair. Amaal kept looking at him, her heart pained imagining the grief he would feel knowing about his sister's death. She blinked and forced a smile.

'I was in the backyard with Uncle Joy and look at what I got for you.' Haider said with a chirpy smile. He unbuttoned his long coat and plucked out two white roses from the inside pocket.

Then, he walked to her and forwarded her the two roses. Gently, Amaal lowered her gaze and eyed the two roses he had pinched together. She looked up at him and forced a smile. He frowned,

'Why are you like a zombie?' He asked.

'Nothing.' She shook her head and forwarded her hand. He smiled and placed it on her palm. She was surprised that he thought of her.

'These white roses reminded me of you.' He confessed, watching her place them on the table.

Fair and Beautiful- He thought

Amaal looked at him, -

'Very thoughtful of you, Haider.' She walked up to him and kissed him on his cheek. Haider's eyes widened in amazement. Then, Amaal wrapped her arms around him, resting her head against his shoulder. He was double surprised that she was side hugging him but took it as a gesture of gratitude.

Before Haider got the newspaper, Amaal checked all the pages and after giving it a green light, she let it pass.

'Tomorrow's paper should be given to me first, okay?' She sternly ordered the guards and they agreed.

Haider was suspicious of her. She wasn't her usual self, more nervously fidgeting and sensitive to sudden noise or action. But Amaal diverted his attention with Christmas preps. He realized he hadn't explored the entire mansion yet. He visited the unexplored area and felt his respect for Amaal and her aunt increase. They had transformed few rooms into a mosque, few temples, gurdwara, synagogue, church, and others. Amaal informed him about how they planned this. Elders would pray with the kids, tell them about the religion and kids can pick whichever they want.

'We will get Christmas tree from the backyard; now come we have the fairy lights to set up.' – She urged him by slapping on his back, - 'this place is huge and won't decorate on its own.' She dragged him along with her.

Later in the evening, Haider stood at the balcony, leaning against the railing. The weather was chilly but no snow, instead it was a drizzle. He watched the rain with a heavy heart. For some reason, he felt burdened and gloomy. Maybe it was his sixth sense but he had a feeling that something wasn't right.

'Hey!' Amaal's cheerful tone pulled him out of his thoughts. Within seconds, he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he sighed deeply. 'What happened, man?' She patted his shoulder and stood beside him. Their arms touched and Haider felt comforted by her touch.

'Amaal?' He looked at her, - 'Can you play that song, the titanic one that you were playing that one night.' He requested. She blinked at him, - 'Don't you play it when you are upset?' He asked and she nodded in response. Haider held both her hands in a soft grip.

'I don't know, why?' – He shrugged, - 'but I am feeling upset.' He confessed and Amaal's eyes widened. She looked away, he frowned noting her darting gaze and her grip loosening.

'Wh—why?' She glanced at him and then looked away from him.

'Just, please.' He wished again. Amaal was partly relieved that he didn't know about his half-sister. But realized how strong the bond between the two was. Without him knowing the truth, he knew something was wrong with his sister.

Haider and Amaal sat beside each other on the floor, leaning against the bed. She crossed her legs, held her guitar tightly, and looked at him. He nodded and she blinked softly at him. He watched her tune her guitar.

Slowly, she closed her eyes and began to play the tune. Haider placed his arm on the bed and leaned his face against his knuckles. After a moment, as he felt immersed in the beautiful melody, he closed his eyes. For some reason, thoughts of Hania crossed his mind, making him realize he had begun to miss his little sister. All of the sudden, he opened his eyes and hurriedly stood up. Amaal abruptly stopped playing the music and her eyes snapped open.

Haider plucked out his mobile from his jeans back pocket and dialed a number. He bit his lip and tapped his feet as he waited for the person on the other side to pick up his call.

'Hello, Banerjee. Do me a favor and somehow get me to talk to Hania.' He said. Amaal began to palpitate and without thinking, she leaped from her seat and grabbed his phone from him. Haider yelped and before he could register what was happening, she threw the phone out of the window.

'OH, MY LORD!' Haider roared in anger. Amaal blinked looking here and there with nervousness. He fumed at her, - 'What the hell is wrong with you, Amaal?' He huffed, his chest rising and falling rapidly, his pupils dilated. He grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her closer. She gaped at him, staring stupidly into his eyes. He pressed his lips in a tight line, shooting daggers with his eyes at her.

Amaal gulped slipping her arm from his grip, - 'Don't worry. I will go and search that area with a guard and get it for you. You just hold on, okay?' She assured him, then turned around and dashed out of the room. Haider raised and dropped his arms in anger.

'Stupid girl.'

Are Alina and Amaal doing right by hiding about Hania??? 

Drop your thoughts about the chapter in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.2K 75
Dev, he saw the same dream every night, the same beautiful curly haired girl, looking at him with those pleading pair of eyes, but he could do nothin...
8.6K 554 9
Hope you like this book. Do support 💜
438K 17.7K 57
Alina was ecstatic when she got selected for an internship in Noida's best Architecture firm- Infinite Designs. Her parents were apprehensive, but s...
32.8K 962 9
The desire to keep you to myself is what pushes me to do something inexplicable. - Yandere Lover All the Oneshots are...