Second Chance in Love (His De...

Von crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... Mehr

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
38. A Loyal Son
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

18. Having the Hots for

1.1K 97 35
Von crazywriter1116

Alina walked out of the gate and looked around for her date. She noticed a scooter standing a few distances from the main gate, outside the next lane, and, under the streetlight. The man removed his helmet and flashed the scooter's headlights at her. Alina's lips curved into a slow smile. She waved zealously and hurried to him. The platform heels were a perfect choice, anytime over the pointy, yet sexy, heels.

'Hey!'

'Why so late, Alina?' Mikael whined the moment she stopped beside him. She giggled slapping his arm and sat behind him. Alina smiled dreamily at the memories of the first time; she had taken a ride with him. So much has changed since then. Slowly, she moved her hands under his arms and held his waist, - 'Where are we going?' She enquired placing her chin on his shoulder. Mikael smiled behind his helmet.

- 'Surprise.' He teased her. Alina sighed happily.

The restaurant Mikael chose had a very royal vibe to it. The elaborate geometric designs on the walls, the mahogany tables, and chairs were exquisite. The ambiance had warm yellow bulbs shining muffled lights from behind multi-colored glass covering. And the place echoed with soft melody playing in the background. It was very serene and cozy.

'I hope you like Desi food.' – Mikael smiled nervously at her whilst pulling a chair for her, - 'I love it.' He added.

Alina gracefully sat down and thought to herself about how bored she had been with continental food. Haider never ate anything with spice or curry, just bland food at times. She pushed back the thoughts, overlapped her palms, and rested her chin over it.

'I like Desi food for sure.' She smiled at him. Mikael looked relieved as he leaned against the chair. A waiter dressed in a suit with a red turban stood next to them and passed them a menu.

'I think I will go with Mughlai.' Mikael commented after a minute into staring at the menu.

Alina looked up from the menu, - 'I will choose Naan and Kadai paneer.'

'And drinks?'

'hmm, rose milk. And you?'

'No, I will pass. I will have gulab jamun.'

'Me too.'

After their order was taken, Mikael entertained Alina with his childhood memories from Kashmir. It mostly included Amaal's naughtiness.

'After catching her for the nth time in our apple orchard, we had to tie her up with ropes.' He laughed.

'Oh, isn't it child abuse?' Alina wondered out loud and then pressed her lips tightly. Mikael stopped laughing abruptly.

'Um.'- he cleared his throat, straightening in his seat. Alina apologized, getting red-faced. He waved a hand, - 'You are probably, right. But she was really difficult to tame.' He explained.

Alina spoke about her childhood memories and began to miss her parents and extended family. She stopped speaking as her eyes turned moist. Hesitantly, Mikael moved his hand and she felt better feeling his warm hand over her palm.

'It is okay. Even if they are physically apart from you, they are still near you. In your heart.' Mikael caressed the back of her palm. Alina looked at their hands and smiled through her tears. His touch soothed her, sending positive energy through her. Something, she had always felt with him and missed about him. Slowly, she looked at him.

'Don't you miss your parents?' She asked softly. Mikael's expressions changed and he began to retract his hand, but Alina swiftly grabbed his hand.

'I miss my mom. Juwariya. It has been nearly five years.' He spoke staring at their hands.

Alina's jaw dropped, - 'Five years.' She gasped. Mikael looked at her but was spared from answering her as their order arrived. She waited (im)patiently as the waiter laid down food in front of them.

After a few minutes of silently eating, Alina wiped her mouth with a red cloth towel and gulped, - 'So, Mikael when was the last time you had gone to Kashmir?' She enquired, tearing a small piece of the Naan.

Mikael swallowed his food and calmly replied, - 'Five years.'

Alina felt uneasy with his answer. How can someone stay away from home and their parents for so long? Not much time has passed, yet she was already missing her family. The same thoughts, she said out loud.

'Not everyone's parents.'- Mikael said and looked up from his plate, - 'are the same. I and Amaal hate our father.' He said sternly. Alina blinked at him; she was taken aback by his tone. Then, she recollected a similar reaction the first she had gone for lunch with him.

She paused and then spoke cautiously, - 'Hate is a strong word.'

'Not for a murderer, Alina.' Mikael replied sharply. Alina felt her muscles loosened. His voice, for the first time, made her flinch and feel uneasy. He looked away, blinked rapidly and looked at her again.

'My father, Hashim Jaffery thinks he has money, so he is better than everyone else. He is God, who gets to decide who gets to live and who dies.' – He leaned forward, clenching his fist tightly. Alina raised her palms.

'Okay, okay. Relax.' – She was grateful as the waiter arrived with their desserts, - 'here.' She forwarded him a bowl of two Gulab jamuns, - 'Be careful it is hot.' She warned him. Mikael simply hummed in response. Alina held his hand and gently squeezed it whilst looking lovingly at him. He took a moment and then passed a half-smile at her.

The rest of their dinner they spend eating silently. Then, when the bill arrived, they argued for a minute over the bill and Mikael ended the disagreement suggesting they split the bill. Alina happily agreed. After they were done, they stood up and walked towards the exit. Alina looped her arm with his hand.

'Let us find some quiet place.' Mikael commented and she blushed in response, tugging her locks behind her ear.

The second they stepped out of the restaurant the two were greeted by wild flashes of bright lights and chattering of many people at once. Alina found it exceedingly difficult to open her eyes.

'Ma'am, where is Haider Minhas Zaidi?' One random journalist enquired. Finally, she managed to open her eyes and blink cluelessly at the crowd of reporters at the main entrance.

'Miss. Hooda, you were engaged with the Haider Zaidi then why are you here with him? Who is he? Did you two broke up?'

'Mr. Zaidi is missing for a few weeks since you are his fiancé you should be knowing.'

'This time why didn't you guys publicize your break-up like your engagement?'

With the blinding flashes and personal questions being shot at her made Alina feel nervous. She grabbed Mikael's arm and moved behind him. She wasn't used to all this. He threw his arm around her, and waved his hand at the reporters, - 'No comments.' He said firmly and pulled Alina with him, all the time he kept her protectively close to him. Ignoring the pestering reporters, they sat on the scooter and sped away. Alina held him tightly, pressing her cheek against his back.

'Relax, Alina.' Mikael said, sounding concerned. She nodded in response and snuggled closer. Quickly, she licked her dry lips and closed her eyes to calm her pounding heart. These reporters must have been following her for a long time, now she fears they might publicize their intimate dinner. How will her family react? Her parents?

After they bailed out from the reporters, Mikael parked his bike in a secluded roadside under a lamppost. This pause was much needed to take a breath. Alina let out a breath as she climbed down the scooter. Mikael held the handle tightly, exhaling loudly.

'Woah! What was that?' Alina commented, leaning against the scooter.

'Seriously.' Mikael stood beside her. She turned her head and admired him until he glanced at her and she looked away.

'Um,' – She tugged her hair behind her ear and began fidgeting with her fingers, - 'Thanks for standing by me.' She confessed. Mikael smiled and reached out for her hand. Slowly, Alina gave her hand and he held it in a gentle grip. She tried to rest her head on his shoulder, but he was high. They looked at each other and chuckled. Mikael lowered a little and Alina placed her head comfortably. A small playful smile lingered on her face. She clenched his hand tightly, not wanting to let go of him. She missed this peace in her stay here.

'Do you think they know Haider is in Mussoorie?' Mikael wondered out loud. Alina opened her eyes and tilted her head to look at him.

'Maybe he doesn't go out much in public.' She answered after a thoughtful ponder. He looked at her.

'By the way, you are looking incredibly beautiful.' – He paused to take a closer look at her, she lowered her gaze, - 'Thanks for accepting my request.' He said. Alina sighed dreamily and looked up into his eyes.

'Mikael, I lo—'

'Um, Alina.'- Mikael leaned back, - 'We are getting late.'

'What happened, Mikael?' Alina asked curiously. He was hesitant and this made her heart flutter as negative thoughts clouded her mind.

'You said you wanted to take things slow, so—'

Alina let out a breath, holding her forehead, - 'Oh, for a moment I—' she looked at him with a mischievous glint in her eyes, - 'Be frank, Mikael. You want us,' -she pointed at them, - 'to take things slowly but your inner-self expected a kiss from our meeting tonight.' She grinned at him and playfully nudged him with her arm. Mikael looked away with a shy smile. He ran his palm on the back of his head.

'Caught you.' Alina laughed, holding onto his arm. She held his chin and made him look at her. Slowly, she crept her hand over the length of his arm and held his shoulder, pulling him down so they faced each other and could look eye to eye. He stilled and stared into her eyes. She inched closer moving her arm around his neck and held his face with the other. Gently, she caressed his clean-shaven jawline, and confidently glanced into his green eyes.

Alina leaned closer and in excitement, eagerness Mikael leaned forward and their nose clashed together.

'Uff!'

'Oh!'

They exclaimed in unison, then looked at each other and began to chuckle wholeheartedly. All their worries, insecurities, and hesitance going out of their minds. After their laughter died down, Mikael held her hand and she froze. With their gaze locked, together they leaned closer. As their lips moved closer, Alina felt her heart flutter with excitement and her brain getting numb. She inhaled sharply as she felt his lips touch her. Mikael quivered as he softly held her lower lip. Alina wrapped her arms around his neck. Having difficulty in bending his knees and kissing her, Mikael held her waist and straightened, pulling her up with him. She gasped breaking their kiss.

'I am so—' He began to apologize but Alina interrupted him by holding the back of his head and pulling him for a kiss.

Aww, Love is in the air *_*

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please, my lovelies *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8.6K 554 9
Hope you like this book. Do support 💜
110 24 9
In the vibrant heart of the city, young Evangeline Blake found herself irresistibly drawn to the enigmatic and aloof Nathan Blackwood. Despite his my...
205K 17.5K 90
If black defined darkness he was darker than that. He chose to be like that. Darkness attracted him. He loved the cold unless it was the warmth of bl...