Yours

By yoursnovel

Andrew is fresh out of university. He has a reasonable education and a reasonable degree to show for it. With... More

September 27th
September 28th
September 29th
September 30th
October 1st
October 2nd
October 3rd
October 4th
October 5th
October 6th
October 7th
October 8th
October 9th
October 10th
October 11th
October 12th
October 13th
October 14th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 18th
October 19th
October 20th
October 21st
October 22nd
October 23rd
October 24th
October 25th
October 26th
October 27th
October 28th
October 29th
October 30th
October 31st
November 1st
November 2nd
November 3rd
November 4th
November 5th
November 6th
November 7th
November 8th
November 9th
November 10th
November 11th
November 12th
November 13th
November 14th
November 15th
November 16th
November 17th
November 18th
November 19th
November 20th
November 21st
November 22nd
November 23rd
November 24th
November 25th
November 26th
November 27th
November 28th
November 29th
November 30th
December 1st
December 2nd
December 3rd
December 4th
December 5th
December 6th
December 7th
December 8th
December 9th
December 10th
December 11th
December 12th
December 13th
December 14th
December 15th
December 16th
December 17th
December 18th
December 19th
December 20th
December 21st
December 22nd
December 23rd
December 24th
December 25th
December 27th
December 28th
December 29th
December 30th
December 31st
January 1st
January 3rd
January 4th
January 5th
January 6th
January 7th
January 8th
January 9th
January 10th
January 11th
January 12th
January 13th
January 14th
January 17th
January 18th
January 19th
January 20th
January 21st
January 22nd
January 23rd
January 24th
January 25th
January 26th
January 27th
January 28th
January 29th
January 30th
January 31st
February 1st
February 2nd
February 3rd
February 4th
February 5th
February 6th
February 7th
February 8th
February 9th
February 10th
February 11th
February 12th
February 13th
December 26th

January 2nd

5 0 0
By yoursnovel

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

I was there again today just in case. I didn’t really expect you to be back. I’m not quite sure how it works with bank holidays at the start of the year but it makes sense for you to be off for a few days anyway. I just hope I can see you this week. I don’t want a whole week of this year to pass before we’ve been together. It was easier to take at the end of last year because that year was going away. This year is here now and I want it to get off to the best start possible.

Sometimes when I can’t see you I wish I had facebook so I could check you were ok. I don’t mean I don’t trust you. It’s not that I want to know what you’re up to I just want to know you’re ok. I bet there are loads of people who see you on facebook who don’t actually know you at all. I bet guys look at pictures of you and wish they had you. That’s why I could never go on there now. I wouldn’t want people looking at me. I wouldn’t want people assuming what I was like just from little things they’ve seen on there. Nobody would really understand what I’m like and I don’t want them thinking wrong things about me.

Nothing on a screen is really that real. I don’t think seeing you on there would be that comforting anyway. It’d be weird to look at pictures of you when we’re not together. It wouldn’t be like the real thing. It wouldn’t make me feel closer to you because the photos wouldn’t be of when we were together. The photos would be taken at places where I wasn’t. If there was a picture of you in an office I wouldn’t be able to look at it and feel closer to you because I don’t work in an office with you. It would be pointless.

I think people live through the internet too much anyway. They only do things off the internet to be able to go on the internet and say they’ve done it. I’ve read so many stories on the internet where I didn’t know why the person had put them up. When you watch videos of bands playing live all you can see is loads and loads of lights from people recording things on their phones. It’s like they don’t realise it’s really happening right in front of them.

I think about it quite a lot. I think it shows how much much people need to feel important.

Superheroes help people escape how hard their own lives are. Maybe they like thinking secretly they could be a superhero. Then soaps help people by being like real life but much more dramatic. It means people can get in from work and think at least their family hasn’t died in a big fire or something. The internet makes it all even weirder though. When facebook and everything started it changed things. People put up photos of what they’re doing while they’re doing it. They look at photos of what everyone else is doing and it’s like nothing is really happening unless there are photos of it everyone can see. I think now on twitter you can just literally copy what other people say. You can only type a sentence or two of your own anyway but people still feel the need to forward on exactly what someone else has said. It’s like nobody wants to actually have their own thoughts. They just want to copy someone else who they think is cool or has done something good. They think it reflects well on them. They want to comment on a photo of something good happening and then they feel like they were there too. I just don’t get it.

When I was at university a lecturer said that an unexamined life was not worth living. He said that’s why it was important to read the diaries of people who existed when important things were happening. He was saying it was just as important to understand their personal viewpoints on themselves and what was around them as it was to understand the big wars and things. That always stuck in my head. I think it means there’s no point living your life unless you really think about it while you’re living it. Otherwise you just go on day to day and you can not even realise what you’re doing while you’re doing it. People don’t want to have to think about what they’re doing though. They let other people do it for them. It means they feel like they can measure their success by how many comments they have on photos and stuff like that.

None of that matters to me though. I don’t need any of that fake stuff. I have you and that’s enough for me. I don’t need to show off about it. I don’t need other people letting me know I’m doing ok. That’s one of the most exciting things about being with you. We could show off how great things are but we don’t need to. It’s our own special thing.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 3.1K 73
❤️
74K 2K 29
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
272K 19.3K 146
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
195K 4.6K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc