[C] The Most Beloved Consort...

By reshaval

They all say Taehyung is the most beloved consort and the most beautiful across all the kingdoms. They also s... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (new)
Chapter 30 (new)
Chapter 31 (new)
Chapter 32 (new)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Bonus Chapter - Wedding Night
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bonus Chapter - Yoonmin (M)
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (M)
Chapter 49 (M)
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - Epilogue
Author's Note/ Fun Facts
Bonus Chapter - The Life After
Bonus Chapter - Red (M)
Bonus Chapter - Jungkook
Bonus Chapter - The Kim Brothers Want to Hit Someone

Chapter 45

16K 838 436
By reshaval

Taehyung woke up to a few concerned faces leaning over him. His mother, Jimin, and Jungkook, who was also holding his hand.

Physician Lee, King Min, and Chaeyoung were waiting farther from the bed.

"Taebear, you are finally awake. We were so worried," Lady Kim said.

"Your highness..." Jimin wailed before he threw himself onto Taehyung's chest gently— making sure he avoided Taehyung's stomach area by a wide margin— and hugged his best friend. Taehyung patted Jimin on his back in a comforting manner.

Yoongi tensed for a moment before he relaxed. His Jimin can have friends too, and he trusts that he is the only one in Jimin's heart.

"I'm fine," Taehyung reassured everyone. He locked eyes with Jungkook and smiled, squeezing the King's hand to show that he's here and he is okay. Jungkook's smile was subtle, but his eyes were overflowing with warmth and relief as he looked at nothing else but Taehyung.

The moment did not go unnoticed by Lady Kim. She had suspected the two had gotten closer since the King and Taehyung had visited the Kim residence together, and she is glad for her child, who seems to be happier than when he just entered the palace.

"Excuse me please," Physician Lee interrupted and everyone made way for the physician to conduct a check-up.

Physician Lee unwrapped the bandages to check the wound and also felt Taehyung's skin for a fever. He reported the results, "the wound is healing well with no signs of infection. I have just removed the bandages. As mentioned before, please call for a physician immediately if there are signs of a fever as that is an indication of infection. We will reduce the number of check-ups to once every two days. Your highness, it is safe for you to move about, but do refrain from vigorous activities, such as matters of the night, for the next few days."

Physician Lee then called for Chaeyoung to follow him to obtain the new prescription. Physician Lee left, not at all bothered about the effects of his words on a certain couple.

"It might be difficult at your age, but it is good to refrain for these few days, child," Lady Kim told Taehyung, nodding her head in agreement. She then stood up, "I will go now, your father would want to hear about your recovery."

Taehyung blinked rapidly. What did he just hear?

"Your highness, it wouldn't be good to overwork and tear open your wound," Jimin said as well. He also rose from his position and said, "I'm heading out with King Min, so I will see you later."

In a moment, King's personal chambers was left with just Jungkook and Taehyung, whose minds were reeling from the words exchanged moments ago.

Both were thinking the same thing. Now that things are a little different from the past, with Taehyung and Jungkook both opening their hearts, would their relationship change, including the... physical aspect?

"W-what are you doing?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook walked over and placed a knee on the bed.

Jungkook looked amused at Taehyung who was backing up against the bed. He never thought he would see his First Royal Consort flustered.

Jungkook lowered his body, his face hovering slightly above Taehyung's chest on the bed. He reached an arm out to grasp Taehyung's hand. Jungkook said, "I was thinking that now your bandages are off..."

Taehyung swallowed, wondering what Jungkook's next words would be, as the King eyed him up and down.

Physician Lee had said not to have any vigorous activities...right?

"Maybe you would want to have a bath? Wash your hair and all that? You might not have enough strength after lying down for a few days so let me help you up."

What? Taehyung was not expecting that. He gasped as Jungkook pulled him up and off the bed in swift motions, setting him on his feet.

"There you go, can you walk on your own?"

"T-thank you, your majesty," Taehyung mumbled in embarrassment. And there he was, thinking that the King would do something else to him.

Jungkook watched as Taehyung walked towards the door. Unbeknownst to the First Royal Consort, Jungkook was staring openly, his gaze lingering at his waist and behind, until Taehyung was guided by the attendant at the door to the baths.

Jungkook has every intention to claim Taehyung whole.

•—•—•

"Your majesty, is there really a need for this?" Taehyung asked, embarrassed by the position they are in.

Jungkook insisted that he was responsible for Taehyung's injury— Taehyung disagreed and they decided to drop the matter after going back and forth— and Jungkook would like to keep an eye on Taehyung's condition so yes, Taehyung must lean against Jungkook's chest as the King looks over Court matters.

They are now seated with Taehyung in front of Jungkook and between his legs on the large chair big enough for three people behind Jungkook's study table in his chambers.

"Hmmm, smell nice," Jungkook mumbled under his breath, nosing against Taehyung's hair. Taehyung had a rose-scented bath.

The attendants outside the door thought the couple looked adorable, talking softly with the King wrapping his arms around the First Royal Consort and sneaking glances at him from time to time without the Consort noticing.

They decided to quietly reduce their presence for the couple to enjoy the moment, leaving only attendant Jihoon in a corner of the room in case their masters needed anything.

Taehyung felt more at ease in the warm embrace than he thought he would be. He adjusted himself to a more comfortable position. Soon enough, he started dozing off.

Taehyung woke up to a soft kiss to his temple and the view of the night sky. Jungkook was still reading and writing on the scrolls.

"Hmm, you're awake, love?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung stirred.

"Hmm," Taehyung mumbled, sleep still lacing his voice, "you're not done yet?"

"Yeah, as usual," Jungkook said, resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder for a while. God, he doesn't want to move, both from fatigue and because he would take any excuse to be close to Taehyung.

"As usual?" Taehyung repeated. He always thought the King was less busy than this. Taehyung's breath faltered for a moment as the gears in his mind whir, align, and finally clicked. He recalls how Jungkook would always appear when he was dealing with the Consorts, no matter what time of the day. If Jungkook was always so busy, then...

Now that Taehyung's fear that Jungkook hated him because of what he did on the wedding night was gone, he could see all the signs.

No, he had always noticed, but he had never dared to think deeper. 

How Jungkook had never spoken harshly to him, and had never put him in place as he did to the other consorts.

All the times Jungkook took his tantrums in stride, until Taehyung got used to it, and never feared that he was out of line.

How Taehyung doesn't bat an eye anymore when gifts from the King the value of the food expense of a village for a year arrives in his hall.

How Jungkook had utterly spoiled him rotten without him knowing.

"What is it, love?" Jungkook asked quizzically.

"Were you always watching me?" Taehyung asked as he looked up into Jungkook's eyes.

"W-what?"

"How did you always know when I am dealing with the consorts? Why did you always have dinner with me? Why did you always shower me with gifts?"

"Uh, that's...uh, because, I...yes, I mean no?"

"These aren't yes or no questions, your majesty."

You didn't have to go so far for a mere pawn, did you?

"If I may, your highness," Jihoon, the King's youngest attendant, piped up. He was no longer able to handle the King's lack of eloquence when it comes to the First Royal Consort.

"His majesty always puts down what is on hand to rush to your palace, and your highness, do you know how fast the King walks? Wow I would call it a run but maybe it's just because my legs are shorter? Isn't it unfair that some of us are born this way? Apparently insoles does not help, I tried. Oh wait I have digressed again. Shush, me. And do you know what else the King does—"

"Enough! Jihoon, get out," Jungkook ordered, embarrassment tinging the tips of his ears pink.

"Oh, dinner, we have to get ready!" Jihoon exclaimed, darting out of the King's chambers before the King decides to punish him for revealing his secret.

"Don't think of escaping, your majesty," Taehyung warned, playfully tugging Jungkook back down onto the seat when the King tried to get up. It was after all the King's idea to place Taehyung in his lap, giving the Consort easy access.

Now turning to be face to face to Jungkook, Taehyung asked, "would you rather I ask Jihoon or would you say it yourself?"

Jungkook knows which is the better option when he sees it. He started spilling.

"...for so long," Jungkook mumbled.

"What?"

"I had watched after you for so long," Jungkook repeated, clearly this time, and Taehyung wasn't able to look away from the intensity in those charcoal eyes as Jungkook continued speaking.

"At first, it was because of how beautiful you are and I could tell from the first glance that you're not like the other consorts. You were too much like my mother, kind and trusting, a ready meal for the other consorts. I was afraid they would tear you apart when you first entered the palace.

It's not fair that just because of a few words, you had to spend your life here.

Then, I couldn't stop thinking about you because you surprised me every time with your intelligence and your fairness. You never pick on anyone, and you try to hide all these but everyone could see how big your heart is, from the attendants to the other consorts to the physicians. So many people were praying for you when you were unconscious.

I didn't know it then, but just like them, I was drawn to you.

All I knew was you didn't deserve to be trapped here in this palace, and the least I could do for you was to give you my protection. Although you didn't seem to need it, your kitten claws are sharp."

"You..." Taehyung uttered, knowing that it was not as easy as Jungkook made it out to be. With the King's open protection, the other consorts would think twice before they attempt anything. Attendants, physicians and guards treated him with respect, and almost as well as they treated the King.

All this while, Taehyung thought Jungkook was cold and didn't care for him. For a long time, Taehyung felt like a sinner, a pawn, undeserving of love. To know that he was being watched after...a light sob slipped past Taehyung's lips.

"Hush, love, it's okay, it's okay," Jungkook coaxed as he wiped the tears dripping down Taehyung's face with his thumb, peppering his face with light kisses until the beauty stopped sniffling softly.

Then Taehyung looked at him, doe eyes glistening prettily with the last bit of tears and Jungkook couldn't resist, leaning in to capture those lips. Jungkook cradled Taehyung's nape, gently nipping at his bottom lip to ask for entrance, which Taehyung gave with a breathy moan.

The sound made Jungkook's reason snap.

Taehyung gasped as Jungkook pulled him flush against his body, arms moving down to circle his waist. Taehyung could feel Jungkook's muscled chest against his own and the King's scorching tongue entwining with his.

He could feel how much Jungkook wanted him as he was kissed deeply and Taehyung let go of his past fear and inhibitions, melting into the kiss. Taehyung's fingers found their way into Jungkook's hair, subconsciously tugging as he loses himself in Jungkook.

Jungkook groaned into Taehyung's mouth, his eyes black with lust. He had never let the other consorts explore his body before and he just found out that he had a thing for having his hair tugged at.

But he stopped himself, breaking the kiss, the physician's words on his mind. "You make me want to sin, love, but not now. Consider this a warning. I won't show mercy when you are all healed. You will be mine."

It is in Jungkook's nature to demand and possess every bit. Such are the royalty. However, unlike his father, Jungkook had promised himself that if he ever loves, he will give all of his heart, and he demands an equal return from Taehyung, including every bit of him.

Taehyung swallowed, his skin tingling from the promise. He could tell Jungkook meant every word.

•—•—•

At the South border, Yuri looked around before she pulled Scholar Yoo aside. In a rushed whisper, she confronted him, "Must you really do this? I have heard that on the surface, your job is to escort the gold and silver and to report its uses to the King, but you are actually here to keep an eye on the General, to spy for the King. Tell me, is it true?"

"How did you know?" Scholar Yoo had only been here for a few days. Was the King's intentions so obvious?

"Men speak in their sleep, or when they are lost in pleasure. Some of the General's men guessed as much from your sudden arrival. We don't have time, so I'll make it quick. The General is unforgiving to those who go against him. His cruelty know no bounds. If you treasure your life, don't do it."

"No, Yuri, I must. Our King cares for the people. You know that too. After what the King had done for me, I owe it to the King as well. If the General is not acting in the interest of our country, I must let the King know. Our people are innocent and I will not let their taxes fund frivolous expenses or hidden agendas, nor let them give their lives as soldiers for such."

"You!" Yuri gritted in frustration. She should have known this would be how the upright and stubborn scholar would react.

"When you said you would prove that the General is an ambitious man and said to meet here, what did you mean?" Scholar Yoo asked. Yuri must know something.

"..in the middle of the night, every three days, carts of supplies and weapons are shipped out to the east. Tonight, it will happen."

Scholar Yoo widened his eyes in realisation. This means that the General is keeping war supplies on the side for personal use. Why else would he move them from the army warehouse to another location?

"The General must either be sabotaging the army, selling supplies on the side, or worse, providing them to an enemy. That traitor!"

"Hush! I don't know for sure, but it seems like it to me. You can see for yourself," Yuri said. Yuri drew her cloak around herself as she pulls Scholar Yoo along. "Quiet, now. I can get myself out, but if you are discovered, you might not get away with your skin intact."

"Are you worried about me?"

Yuri decided not to answer.

"Wait, they are earlier today," Yuri observes from their hiding spot. "And there is many more carts than usual, almost double."

"Hold on," Scholar Yoo says, "this direction is the territory of..."

- a/n -

Thank you for waiting! I've finished writing the rest and will be publishing soon.

Stay safe 💜

- rsv (resha)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5.5K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
2K 148 6
Kim Taehyung is the future head of the Kim family. He is rude, arrogant, smart, calculative, intelligent and possessive. He is famous by the name of...
210K 5.4K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
30.8K 3K 12
The story is set in the medieval period where Korea was divided into two parts. One part was ruled by Monarch Kim and the other part was ruled by Mon...