T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶d̶s̶ O̶f̶ V̶i̶k̶i̶...

By poison-fruit

This is a take on Vikings the show. Queen Isabella Ambrosio is left alone in defense against others whom want... More

Entitled.
Greed.
Childish.
Blackness.
Godly Vows.
Dirt and Swords.
Foreign.
A Real Queen.
Slaughter.
Bloody Tears.
Thors' Lightning.
Vikings Way.
A Scar.
Blood Eagle.
Tragic.
York.
Betrayal.
Execution.
Goodbye and Hello.
Eyes Everywhere.
Settled Score.
The Ball.
Red Queen.
Discovering Love.
A Romantic Guesture.
Patriarchy over Matriarchy.
Virago.
Viking Ritual.
Solice.
Bishop To Queen.
Force and Blood.
Checkmate.
Ambush.
Permanent Markings.
Hvitserk.
Ruined.
Anthem.
Marriages.
Capsized.
Seeker.
Surprise.
Asking for Help.
Soon to be Husband.
Forced Together.
Frankia and Italia.
Je T'aime
Fight For You.
When Tides Meet.
More Blood.
Heartache.
Sins.
Settle Down.
A Friend and Foe.
Shield Maiden.
Guest.
Saved Unexpectedly.
Treasures.
Valkyres.
Fools Journey.
Mamihlapinatapei
Old Ties.
Absolute Anger.
Reign.
Beautiful Boy.
Mother.
The Battle.
Moon Goddess.
Dispair.
Accused.
Well Damn.
Alternate Ending.

Murderer and Witch.

1.7K 30 120
By poison-fruit

I had sat there for a week. Same clothing. They hadn't come to see me so that means they left safely. That, or they are stuck in here just like me but I hope that is not the case.

I'm dirty and these clothes are uncomfortable. I sit on the floor and hold my hands together as I feel like I'm going crazy. I hear footsteps as I look up to find Cedric stood there. He holds something in his hands. "You have to come with us." He opens the door and I stand up. They put heavy chains against my wrist and then walk me out of the dungeon. They shove me slightly once on the stage and I stand there while my people watch me at my weakest point.

I clench my jaw and clench my hands tightly, my nails digging into my palm. I look to Cedric like I could rip his throat out right now. He looks down slightly and I move my eyes to the crowd. "Isabella Ambrosio Lothbrok, you are a Murderer and a witch. This coming Friday you shall be executed in-front of your people and then Cedric Delfina shall take place as their king." I can feel the liquid coming from my hands and drip from my knuckles. The silence of the crowd is deafening.

I look over again and lock eyes with the several blue eyes as well as a pair of brown. The brothers and sons of Ragnar Lothbrok as well as mine. They all look to me as if they are sorry to me or angry. Ivar his glassy eyes as does Hvitserk. Bjorn can't stand to look but Ubbe watches me. Eerikki has a face that I've never seen before. Anger, pure anger. I take a breath and then look away to try and not cry. I need to be strong. They knew I was not going to fight this that's why they feel pity for me.

I am shoved slightly and I stumble. I continue walking and make my way back to the dirty cell, stepping it and looking to my hands. Cedric steps in and closes the cell. "What do you want?" I speak and he points to the clothing. "For you." I stand there and then walk to them, taking them. He continues to stand there. "Are you going to leave now?" He shakes his head slightly. "No." I roll my eyes and wipe my hands harshly on this dress. I change into a tattered skirt as well as an old shirt. One that someone who was poor and a beggar would wear.

I look at him and he nods to a guard. They bring in a bucket and set it down. It's full of water. I make my way to it and drink from it as well as wiping my face with it. I move away from him and stand against the wall. "I hope you are happy." I say to him and he looks to me. "I'm not. But it's what you deserve." I bite at my lip. "And how do I deserve it?" I ask and he watches me. "I watched him burn. I heard his screaming. He was the only thing I had. My father was my mentor and you killed him. I had nightmares. But no. I started planning." I watch him and clench my jaw. I then smile. "You know, when he was screaming? I laughed." I stop smiling and watch him as a tear falls down his cheek in anger.

"Then I danced and partied because I had finally killed him." I say out of spite. "I would do it again." I say and he walks to me, kneeing me harshly to the stomach. I fall down and cough up some blood, the metallic taste throughout my mouth. He kicks again and I laugh again with blood on my chin and through my teeth. He crouches down and grips my cheeks, looking to me. "And I would do this again." I spit in his face and laugh again. "I'm not scared." I watch him and he stands, kicking me in the ribs once more then leaving.

I clench my jaw and take harsh breaths, gripping my side. I look to the ceiling and let out a laugh. "Nothing is going to break me." I say to myself. "Nothing.."

-

I have two days left. I only know this because I'm reminded everyday. I am sitting in the room. I'm losing my mind because I look up and see shadows pass through the corners. My eyes making up figures that aren't there. I sit up and I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I just don't have the will to do this anymore. As I tilt my head slightly, just wanting to sleep. I look up to a figure crouched in front of me. "You aren't going to sleep are you?" I look to see Ragnar there with his head tilted. "I'd hope not. That's not a way to get to Valhalla." I feel the hitting to my cheek and I look at him like he's crazy. "I just want to sleep." I speak to him and he hits my cheek again multiple times.

I go to kick him but I kick the air which jumps me awake. I take a breath and move to stand, stumbling slightly. I step to the water and take huge gulps of it, wiping my chin. I would give anything to see Ivar, Hvitserk, Ubbe, even Bjorn as well as my dear Eerikki. I wash my face and look into the reflection of the water, seeing a woman who does not look like me.

-

It's the day. I am being pushed towards the center of town as everyone is watching me. I make my way up and turn to the crowd. I see them all stood there. I take breaths and watch them. Cedric is stood there from afar. He nods to one of his servants and I am brought to my knees, the servant braiding my hair back. The reason I've kept it so long is because that's what the Vikings do themselves. They keep it long and add a braid for each battle.

I am looking over the crowd as I see them. They have come to see it or come to fight. I hope they wait. They would be smart to. Cedric makes his way over to me and grips my braid tightly. I clench my jaw and look ahead. I can't make eye contact with them. I can't.

He takes his blade and slashes through the braid, moving it back and fourth with the blunt edge. I look to them again and Ivar goes to move but Bjorn stops him. I am lifted up and moved to the center. My hair below my shoulders, I look ahead and I can feel my eyes water. I try not to bare the tears but I can't help but think I am leaving my son. "Isabella Ambrosio Lothbrok. Repeat after me." I look to him and they move me to the area where the floor caves and they place a noose around my neck. Like the one Heahmund had put around my neck, which seems like long ago.

I look to the priest and then ahead. "I am repenting for my sins and may I rest in hell." I start to speak. "I am repenting-.." I stop and look to the crow that squawks, it feels as if everything is slowed. There sits next to it is Ragnar, dangling his legs from the ledge.

I move to look at them again. "I am not sorry for all I have done. I have done what I sought right for my kingdom and my people. I will walk through the doors of Valhalla. I am not scared of this rope. I am not scared of you." I look to Cedric and Dorin and then the people again as well as the sons of Ragnar and my own.

"My son is the rightful King and he will be a great one. The Valkyries will come and lift me up once my neck hath broken and then I shall drink Ale from Curved horns and fight mercilessly." I let out a laugh and then look to my people as I raise my voice. "I am Queen Isabella Ambrosio. I repent nothing for what I have done will offer me a seat in the golden palace. And you, Cedric and Dorin, as well as the ones who lay me bare, shall be stricken down and bled dry. I will be avenged." Cedric looks at me and I look to my loves. I take a breath and he kicks the lever.

-

I open my eyes and see a bright blue sky, looking around to see trees. I sit up and look around the beautiful serene lake. I stand and look to my dress, the beautiful red. I make my way through the grass, my toes feeling every blade. I look at the water and hear a voice. "I've been waiting." I turn and look to see Jean, his hair curly like when we had first met. "Jean." I let out and run to him, hugging him tightly. He runs his hand over my braid and looks to me.

"I have missed you." He speaks to me and strokes my cheek. "I heard you speak to me and I watched you with our son." He kisses my lips lightly and I kiss him back. "Come. My love. They are waiting." We walk together to the golden door. I push it open and we see the several people lined the halls, drinking.

I look to see a man moving towards us. It's Ragnar. "Come. We feast for your arrival. And then you must go." He smiles.

-

EERIKKIS POV

My mother's body rocks back and forth. I take harsh breaths and look to her. The sound of the noise of her neck breaking echoes through my head. I pull the cloak off and so do the others. It starts a battle, people screaming and crying. But we are not hurting them, only killing the ones who see fit that she deserved that.

I grab my sword and fight swiftly as she has taught me. I make my way up to Cedric and kill off any guards who stand in my way as well as the others. Hvitserk and Ubbe cut down my mother's body, both looking to her. I hold my sword up to Cedric and look back to them. "Is she dead!?" I yell and they just look down to her. "I will kill you!" I yell to him and watch him. "She trusted you. But now you, you will pay." Bjorn stops me quickly. "That is not the right way to have revenge." He speaks and I look to him. "We shall do a blood eagle. Tonight. Let him suffer for what he has done." He looks to him and grabs him. I let my sword down and Ivar stands there with the man that helped Cedric, Dorin himself.

"My brothers and I will do this one." He speaks to Dorin and runs a blade against his cheek. "I never liked him." Ivar explains and I clench my jaw. "Tonight." I speak.

-

Hours later I prepare to lay my mother to rest. I look to my wife who steps to me. "She was brave and beautiful. She deserves the best." She speaks to me and I place my lips against her forehead. "I know." I say lightly and we make our way through the castle. Hvitserk looks down to her resting body and has his hand on hers. "She was the thing that all of us wanted and the strongest thing Odin had ever given us." He speaks and I look to him. "She loved all of you." I say to him and he nods, moving away from the boat.

I make my way to her and look to her. "I hope you have joined my father in Valhalla and I hope you are happier than you were when he left." I speak quietly and look to her. I step back and nod slightly. I grab my bow as do the sons of Ragnar. We pull it back as the boat sails. I let off a breath and we release. Each arrow of fire hitting the boat.

The flames crawl up the sails and she drifts off. But that is not the end. We make our way towards the drums. Cedric and Dorin are dragged up to pyres. I make my way up to Cedric and then Ivar to Dorin. Each brother will have a part in the dissection of him but Cedric is mine.

I grab the blade and use it to open up the flesh as he cries out in pain. I clench my teeth as blood spurts onto my face. I then open his ribs as I pull his lungs from his chest, placing them onto his back to create a blood eagle. The flames burn in the center and as I finish and he is trying to gasp, I look up to find the familiar face watching us. She looks beautiful and young. The sons look to her and she smiles softly to us. She nods once. And that was the last time we had seen Isabella Ambrosio. The greatest Italian Viking Shield Maiden.

THE END.

So that's it. That's the story. Thank you for everyone who stayed and read my story. I know 70 chapters is a lot but it had to end finally. Also, I made a video for the story. Check it out if you'd like. I'd appreciate it. I love you guys. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 312 17
[completed] If you stood before the Gods at this very moment, would they name you worthy of their domain? Would they look upon the fear you've caused...
58.3K 957 28
Yrsa Vigdísardóttir. Daughter of Lief Vigdis. A head strong viking who has a run in with the Lothbroks. {COVER DONE BY; @-TSUND0KU
460K 15.6K 57
Being in the wrong place at the wrong time was all it took for Adelasia's whole life to turn upside down. After being captured by the heathens raidin...
231K 8K 52
two people help each other fight their destiny, while only pushing their interlocked fates closer. bjorn ironside