T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶d̶s̶ O̶f̶ V̶i̶k̶i̶...

By poison-fruit

This is a take on Vikings the show. Queen Isabella Ambrosio is left alone in defense against others whom want... More

Entitled.
Greed.
Childish.
Blackness.
Godly Vows.
Dirt and Swords.
Foreign.
A Real Queen.
Slaughter.
Bloody Tears.
Thors' Lightning.
Vikings Way.
A Scar.
Blood Eagle.
Tragic.
York.
Betrayal.
Execution.
Goodbye and Hello.
Eyes Everywhere.
Settled Score.
The Ball.
Red Queen.
Discovering Love.
A Romantic Guesture.
Patriarchy over Matriarchy.
Virago.
Viking Ritual.
Solice.
Bishop To Queen.
Force and Blood.
Checkmate.
Ambush.
Permanent Markings.
Hvitserk.
Ruined.
Anthem.
Marriages.
Capsized.
Seeker.
Surprise.
Asking for Help.
Soon to be Husband.
Forced Together.
Frankia and Italia.
Je T'aime
Fight For You.
When Tides Meet.
More Blood.
Heartache.
Sins.
Settle Down.
A Friend and Foe.
Shield Maiden.
Guest.
Saved Unexpectedly.
Treasures.
Valkyres.
Fools Journey.
Mamihlapinatapei
Old Ties.
Absolute Anger.
Reign.
Beautiful Boy.
Mother.
The Battle.
Moon Goddess.
Accused.
Murderer and Witch.
Well Damn.
Alternate Ending.

Dispair.

784 22 66
By poison-fruit

It doesn't take long to step into the big hall with dozens of people, along with Eerikki. I look to find Ubbe sat on the Throne and Bjorn stood in the crowd along with his wives. Yes. He has two Wives now. Of course he won't stop his conniving ways with women. Who would if they looked like that?

I step to the throne and stand beside Ubbe. Torvi looks beautiful in the dress I gave to her. It was the one I was going to wear. But if Ubbe likes the way it looks, he should on his true wife. I look to my son and smile softly. "We have gathered to welcome my son and husband home as well as his children and their mother." I hold my hand out to Torvi and she steps to me. "Please treat them well. You are my people. And I love them dearly." It was partly true. I didn't know them like the others. I take a seat and then they take seats as well.

The music plays as everyone drinks and has fun. Bjorn is just sat there, watching me. I sip my ale and then look over to find Cedric speaking with a man. I tilt my head to the side and look to Ubbe. "Mm. I'm going to go dance with my ex Husband." He looks at me and drinks his own. "Whatever you'd like. Just don't get too crazy." He says jokingly and I look to Eerikki. "Go. Have fun. Drink. Meet people." I say and he shrugs slightly. I hold my dress and step down from the thrones, making my way to Cedric. "Hello." I say to Cedric and the man. "Your majesty." Cedric speaks and bows his head slightly.

"May I have a dance?" I ask him and he smiles lightly. "Of course my queen." We step to the floor and he speaks. "You have another addition?" I hum and nod. "Yes. I do. Who is that man?" He looks down at me and furrows his brows. "One of my men." I nod once and he cups my cheek. "Isabella. I would never betray you. I cross my heart." I move with him and look to him. "Thank you. For always being by my side even when I have said you've betrayed me." He looks to me and smiles slightly. "It's hard for you to trust. I understand." We move together for moments and then once the song has finished, we break apart. He softly kisses my temple and I make my way back to the throne.

I take a seat and take a sip of ale. "You can sleep with Torvi." I speak  and look to Ubbe. "This is just a deal." I say and gulp down the rest. I watch a Eerikki is surrounded by women and men. "He has his eyes on someone." Ubbe speaks to me and I look to him. "Whom?" I speak and he sips his ale. "The girl with brown hair. Soft face." I look to the one he looks to mostly and I hum. "Not what I would have expected." He chuckles. "He was raised by my brothers. You should have." I look to him and then clear my throat. It hurt that he said that.

I look as Torvi and the children come up. She's smiling at them and they look to me. "Go on and ask." Torvi speaks. "May we get some sweets from the kitchen." I gasp and look to them. "Of course." I smile and scoop them both up. "Your mother and your father can be alone while I take you two into the kitchen." They let out a giggle and I make a noise as I set them down. "Just make sure you two don't look as though you are together." I say pleadingly and then I am tugged by the children. I smile and we step into the kitchen as people are still working.

I set the two on the counter and look to the cooks and servants. "Take these out and then go home. I'll pay you double tonight. Thank you." I speak as I place several cakes on a plate. I set it down between them and then lick my fingers. They take bites of them and watch me. I look to them and they smile. "My mother told us you were a brave shield maiden." The girl speaks and I smile. "She did? Well she is as well. She is a strong woman." I tap the girls nose and cross my arms as Bjorn steps in. I stop smiling and he speaks. "What are you two doing in here? Hm?" He smiles brightly to them and takes one of the cakes as he kisses their head. The girl is his child, her brother dying due to a raid, or so I heard.

I lick my lips and look to my fingers. "Why don't you two run along and go to bed. It is late." He nods to a servant and she takes them from the kitchen. I look to him and tilt my head to the side. "What is it Bjorn?" He leans against the other table in-front of me. "I have come to see you. Is that not something I can do?" He watches me and I squint my eyes at him. "You have two wives, one of them could keep you company. So please leave me." He stands and looks down to me. "But they are not you. I want what I can't have." I watch him. "Precisely." I push off the counter and wipe the back of my dress off. "So let me have it." He tilts my head up to look at him and I part my lips slightly. "Over my dead body." I say as I cup his chin and then pushing it back slightly.

"Goodnight Bjorn Ironside. You leave tomorrow." I say as I walk towards the door, making my way to my room. I close the door and look around the dim lit area. It's quiet other than the people's voices from my window.

I pull my dress down my arms and make my way to the cold and empty bed, laying on my side. What I would give to wake up next to him. My dear Jean. "I hope you are drinking with the gods and fighting mighty battles my love." I lay my hand onto the pillow and close my eyes, drifting to sleep.

-

It had been a few months of a routine of having to teach Ubbe how to rule correctly as well as teaching Erik. But I learn just as much from them. There was talk of trading and such but of course someone has to make a dispute. It's frustrating when someone won't do as we ask because it just turns into more blood. Ubbe doesn't mind traveling with Eerikki because they get to see the different lands filled with different people. I'm thankful for them.

As I sit in the throne, I play with the ring around my finger. I furrow my brows slightly, lost in thought. I know that I will die knowing that I'm not loved but only by my child. I look up as the doors open to reveal Ubbe. "They have resolved the conflict. They are trading as they are suppose to." I nod and then look to the window. "Good. Thank you Ubbe." I say softly. Our time together has improved drastically. Some nights we do sleep in the same bed, just due to the mere fact that some people who decide to come to our kingdom are not trustworthy.

We will lay there and not speak, until he will talk of tales of gods. It's nice to listen to them because they fill my dreams. Then we fall asleep.

He's stood there and waiting for a answer. "What'd you say?" I ask and he speaks. "I said, what is on your mind." He moves to take a seat in his chair. "Do you ever miss anyone?" I ask him and he nods. "Of course. But they are in a good place." I look at him and he smiles. "I know." He holds his hand out she I take it. We hold on for longer than expected. He runs his rough thumb against the top of it and then I pull back softly. The door opens to reveal Eerikki, making his way to us. "I want to marry her." He says and I let out a soft laugh. "Is that someone the girl with the delicious chocolate hair?" He nods and looks to me. "She would make a beautiful queen mother."

I watch him for a moment and then stand. "Then you shall." I step to him and embrace him into a hug. A tight one. He hugs back and then looks to me. "Thank you momma." He speaks and it makes me smile. "You haven't said that since you were a child." I look at him. "Now go. Invite her to the castle. Tell her you want to marry her." I usher him out and he laughs. "Yes. Yes. I shall."

He leaves and I look to the door as it closes. He's found love. Please dear god and Odin, don't hurt his heart like I. I say to myself and hear the boots make their way to me. "He will be okay." Ubbe speaks. "You've taught him all you could." He kisses my temple and then looks down to me. I place my hand to his arm lightly and smile softly. "I know. I just wish I could've done more." He stops me before I go. "Don't be hard on yourself. You got him back. You are a strong and beautiful woman. Don't ever doubt that." I nod once and take a breath. "I'll see you at dinner." I speak and ate from the room.

-

I sit at the table and sip a cup of wine, waiting for my son to finally arrive. He comes in with a soft girl. She looks nervous. I look to Ubbe and then stand. "You must be Catarina De Medici." I smile brightly and she bows slightly. "Yes your majesty." Erik looks to her like how Jean would look to me. I gesture to the seats. "Come. Sit." Catarina means pure. Let's hope that she lives up to her name.

I take a seat and look to Ubbe. I make a face and smile. He smiles back and shakes his head. We speak for moments and she asks about our battles and such. Interested in us. Which it would make sense. She is a lovely woman and I look to Eerikki. I nod my head once and smile. "I'd hope to see you more." I say to her and stand, placing my hand on her arm. "I'm going to bed. With my old age, you get tired." I let out a laugh and look to Ubbe who is watching me. I furrow my brows to him and then make my way to my room.

I sit down at the vanity and pull my hair down, running my fingers through it. I stand and pull the dress off, grabbing a robe, pulling it up. I make my way to my bed and take a seat. The door opens and I look to see Ubbe. "You're not staying with Torvi?" I ask and he closes the door. "No. Not tonight." He pulls at his boots and I bite at my lip. "She's a sweet girl." I say and he nods. "Not like you at all." He suggests and I shakes my head. "He doesn't need a woman like me. It would just get him killed." Ubbe lets out a laugh and pours a cup of ale. He takes a sip and then moves to sit down on the bed.

I look to him and tilt my head to the side. "What is so funny?" He shakes his head and looks to me. "A woman like you would be terrible. Constantly waging wars and not listening." He pauses. "But that is much like the viking way. Not a Saxon." He says and looks to me with his blue orbs.

He looks at me and takes a breath from the way his chest moves. There's a tension in the air. He leans in and presses his lips to mine. I cup his neck and move slightly to my knees. I pull back slightly. "Torvi." I take harsh breaths and he grips my hips. "I've spoken to her." He says and pulls at the robe slowly. "What did she say." I say almost demandingly, making him look to me. "That she knew it would happen. She said it was okay." He speaks and I look over his face. He looks much like Ragnar so it feels my head the day in the bath. He pulls me into his lap and I let out a slight squeal. He lets out a slight chuckle.

I undo the first buttons to his shirt and run my hand over the opening. I part my lips slightly and he moves his hand to my cheek. He runs his thumb against my lip and takes the back of my neck, pulling me in to a harsh kiss. I move my lips against his and he pushes the robe off.

I feel his rough hand move to my thigh and I break the rest of the shirt off of him. He pulls it off and I pull at his pants strings. He pulls them off when I lift up slightly, kissing his lips again. I move down him and he holds onto me. He grips my hair in his hand and moves my lips against his. I let out a soft moan against his lips as I continue to move. He leans back against the bed and I place my hand to his stomach as I continue to move my hips. I put my head back and dig my nails into his side.

He lets out a groan and then lays me down quickly, kissing my chest, biting at the skin. He moves his hips deeply into me and I let out a louder moan, pulling my head back. I grip onto his arm tightly as I come undone. He continues to thrust more but then finally reaches his high as well. I breathe heavily and he slides out slowly, moving my hair that is slick to my body.

I look to him and sit up slightly, looking to him. I run my fingers over his facial hair and he runs his fingers over my arm slightly. "Who would have thought?" He asks and I tilt my head to the side. "Hmm. I always thought you disliked me." I speak and he lets out a hum. "I didn't at first. I thought you were just trying to be someone you weren't. Until we met in the battle and I told you to duck." I let out a laugh. "That long? You've disliked me that long?" I speak and pout slightly.

He shakes his head. "Not the way that you think. I knew you were great before then." I make an 'mhmm' sound and he pulls me closer to him. "You don't believe me? Because I don't lie." He says as he takes the back of my neck, causing me to get chills down my spine. "I sit up on my knees and grip his hair back. "I only do when I have to." He grins and kisses my lips. I lay back and smile to him.

He crawls in next me and pulls me closer. His arms are bulky around me and makes me feel safe. "I miss Jean." I say honestly and quietly. He kisses the back of my head softly. "I know. But he would rather you be happy." He speaks into my ear and plays with my hair softly. "Get some sleep my Queen. You need it." He speaks softly and runs my side softly.

I soon drift off and fall into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 8.9K 28
𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅... #1 Ragnar. VIKINGS. CASHMERE SHEEP © 2019
35.1K 1.1K 45
❝ SHE HAS THE MINDSET OF A QUEEN AND THE HEART OF A WARRIOR SHE IS EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE AND TOO MUCH FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T DESERVE HER ❞ - RH - A...
57.4K 954 28
Yrsa Vigdísardóttir. Daughter of Lief Vigdis. A head strong viking who has a run in with the Lothbroks. {COVER DONE BY; @-TSUND0KU
167K 2.7K 200
First list of parchments publishing the Ragnarssons' reactions to situations proposed by you guys! Requests are open for more on my ask box at Tumblr...