[C] The Most Beloved Consort...

By reshaval

They all say Taehyung is the most beloved consort and the most beautiful across all the kingdoms. They also s... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (new)
Chapter 30 (new)
Chapter 31 (new)
Chapter 32 (new)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Bonus Chapter - Wedding Night
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bonus Chapter - Yoonmin (M)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (M)
Chapter 49 (M)
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - Epilogue
Author's Note/ Fun Facts
Bonus Chapter - The Life After
Bonus Chapter - Red (M)
Bonus Chapter - Jungkook
Bonus Chapter - The Kim Brothers Want to Hit Someone

Chapter 38

14.6K 924 658
By reshaval

The repairman drives in the last nail into the signboard, finally finishing up on the repairs to the jewellery store. The sign proudly reads in bold letters, "Bae's Jewellery".

"Let's not go in there, Yoongi," Jimin said as he wrinkles his nose in distaste. He will not even step foot into Bae's property, not to mention purchase anything from there. He will not recommend their store to any friends, and obviously not to King Min, who surely has more than enough to purchase from them.

"Sure, but why not?" King Min asked.

"I don't like the owners. And their daughter, Royal Consort Bae, is nasty."

Yoongi narrows his eyes, making him look cat-like. "Has she done anything to you?"

"Oh no, she wouldn't dare and his highness will never let anything happen to me."

Hmm, okay then. Yoongi might tear the Bae family apart if they dared to lay their hands on Jimin. Yoongi also noted that First Royal Consort Kim seems to be fairly protective of his Jimin. He would repay this debt one day.

"Oh, Yoongi! Do you want to go boating?" Jimin asked as he spots a little boat by the river.

"B-boating?"

Jimin's lips parted into a small "o" shape, seeing King Min stop in his tracks for a moment.

"Is that not a good idea, are you afraid of the water, Yoongi? We can always do something else."

"No! I mean, boating sounds good."

"Are you sure? Should we have the guards be with us?" Referring to the guards who had been trailing behind them a distance away. King Min had brought two and so did Jungkook.

"No, just the two of us is fine."

"Sure!" Jimin beamed, since King Min sounds confident and for some reason, Jimin believes King Min is capable of anything. "The guard had said King Jeon and his highness will be done in about two hours time after visiting Minister and Lady Kim. That should be more than enough time for us. Let's go!"

"I can't wait!" Jimin squealed as King Min looked on fondly. Jimin loves all kinds of games and rides, and boating is something he has always wanted to try.

"Baby, be careful!" King Min warned as Jimin tripped over nothing, and almost face-planted into the dirty ground if Yoongi hadn't caught him in time.

"Oh, oops," Jimin giggled. King Min sighed. Jimin's clumsiness never seem to go away.

•—•—•

"Greetings, your majesty and your highness."

Taehyung and Jungkook were both standing in the main hall of the Kim residence, and as per custom, the Kim family must pay their respects to the royal couple.

"Rise," Jungkook quickly says, out of respect for the elderly of the Kim family, and because they are the beloved family of his First Royal Consort.

"I am very thirsty, and would like to borrow a book or two to read in the gardens. Preferably alone. I would need two hours," Jungkook said, hinting that he would leave Taehyung be for two hours and he is free to meet and speak to whoever he wants at his own discretion. There is no need for the Kims to entertain him either. All he asks for is tea and a book.

Jungkook caught the look from his First Royal Consort, and he looked back and smiled, Taehyung's soft gaze making him think how nice it is to do something for someone without expecting a return. This time, he is not doing it as an exchange of sorts. He just wants a pair of parents to be able to meet their child.

"I'll be going to the gardens," Jungkook said.

Taehyung nodded, "I'll find you when I'm done."

Jungkook nods and then leaves for the gardens, an attendant already carrying a tray of tea and books behind him.

Jungkook chuckles softly as he hears Lady Kim sniffling a "Taebear, I missed you!"

•—•—•

Things are going well. Jimin is enjoying how King Min pampers him on their boating excursion, the King rowing the boat and talking to him softly.

Jungkook and Taehyung have exited the Kim's residence and are walking along the streets, browsing through the wares of the street peddlers together. The pair had found a mutual love for the toys and games being sold, and were fooling around at an accessories booth when a cocky young man flanked by two bodyguards walked up to Taehyung.

"My love, this hairpin looks good on you," Jungkook commented. The simple shell design brings out Taehyung's beauty. 10/10 would buy. Okay, Jungkook will pay for it now before someone else gets it.

"Husband," Taehyung called, as he takes a pearl hairpin and slotted it behind Jungkook's ear, and teasingly said, "you look like a pretty flower with this on."

"Husband?" Jungkook raised a brow in confusion.

"Shh, we should keep our identity a secret," Taehyung whispered.

"Husband..." Huh, it's not too bad. They sound like a normal couple, out on a date on a beautiful day. It sounds...nice. Jungkook smiled.

"Oh, this hairpin with a carrot design would suit you too," Taehyung declared as Jungkook dipped his head forward for Taehyung to slot it into his hair.

"Oh, milady," a young voice called. "I have never seen such fine beauty. You make me want to lay treasures at your feet and bring you home with me. You will make a fine concubine. Nay, no, I will give you status equivalent to my wife instead."

"You...are talking to me?" Taehyung asked, looking at the boy in front of him, who looks not a day older than sixteen. But goodness, his clothes are so glaring. His robes are head to toe the same silver satin that vehemently reflects the sun rays, and gold chains adorned with large gems are hanging on his neck, wrists, and ankles.

To top it all off, his hair was held together by a large hairpin half the size of his head, made from large pearls and corals. To summarise, the boy looked wealthy and tacky.

"Of course, milady. There is no one else as beauteous as you on this street. You deserve all my attention," the boy says as he blows a flying kiss to Taehyung.

"Haha..." Taehyung laughed weakly as he dodged the invisible trajectory of the kiss. He had never seen someone so blatant. Out of curiosity, he asked, "how many concubines do you have?"

"I have thirty but no worries, milady, I'll be spending my night with you every three days."

Taehyung widened his eyes. Thirty, so he could be with a different concubine for each day of the month if he wanted!? That's even more than the total number of consorts in the palace.

"Hey kid, back off. He's taken." Jungkook warned. He had been watching with furrowed brows, and this young doofus is going too far. Spending the night with his First Royal Consort every three days? Load of crap.

"And who are you, pretty boy?" The boy asked.

"P-pretty boy?" Jungkook repeated in shock as Taehyung's brows jumped in surprise and he bit on his lip to control his laughter.

"I wouldn't mind taking you in too. But you'll just be a concubine. You're not really my type," the boy said, seriously deciding Jungkook's status for when they marry.

"Puahahaha!" Taehyung really couldn't control himself anymore. Who is this boy who wants to take the King as his concubine?

"W-what's your —haha! Ahem, excuse me, n-name?" Taehyung had to know.

"Choi Beomgyu at your service," the boy said, winking for added effect.

Another family successful in business endeavours, the Chois are second in terms of wealth to the Bae family. Ah, no wonder he is decked head to toe in riches. Isn't he worried he would get robbed?

"By the way, should we start running?" Beomgyu asked.

Running? Why?

Jungkook and Taehyung followed the direction of Beomgyu's pointer finger to see their two royal guards fighting against a mass of men dressed in all black with swords in their hands.

The men were fighting viciously and there was no doubt what these men are. Assassins. And they are headed for Jungkook and Taehyung.

- a/n -

Ah, what's a historical story without assassins and rich kids. But I wanted a cute and downright greasy rich kid, the kind that has horrible fashion sense, thinks money is the best accessory, and throws money around but not with bad intentions.

Please vote or comment and stay safe! 💜

- rsv (resha)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 156K 54
Being prim and proper is not in Taehyung's vocabulary. He is the total opposite of the word innocent, if solely based on his actions. However, he is...
78.5K 4.3K 40
[Completed] Kim Seokjin has grown up in a orphanage and after a lots of difficulties, now he is an famous event manager. Jeon Jungkook is very rich...
49.2K 3.1K 32
A taekook fanfiction where.... Jeon Jungkook a rich and famous CEO in Seoul he cold heartless and rude person... He lives with his parents and brothe...
293K 10.4K 38
A TAEKOOK FANFICTION.......🐯🐰 In Which Kim Taehyung And Jeon Jungkook Are Forced To Get Married. But Taehyung Have Already A Girlfriend And He Love...