Rocked (Rock & Romance II.)

By carte_blanche_milady

Hazmat is the biggest band in the world - on top of every chart, with sold out concerts and their own line of... More

Chapter 1. - Grand Entrance
Chapter 2. - Playing the Game
Chapter 3. - Dare
Chapter 4. - Blind Desire
Chapter 5. - Morning After
Chapter 6. - Honest Deceptions
Chapter 7. - Cognition & Behavior
Chapter 8. - Cat's Out The Bag
Chapter 9. - Enigma
Chapter 10. - No Sleep for the Wicked
Chapter 11. - Historically Correct
Chapter 12. - Dangerous Games
Chapter 13. - Claiming the Prize
Chapter 14. - Cats Out The Bag
Chapter 15. - Stripped Bare
Chapter 16. - Bootycall
Chapter 17. - Carpet and the Drapes
Chapter 18. - Later, Red
Chapter 19. - Late Night Confessions
Chapter 20. - Conflict Resolution
Chapter 21. - Week of Shame
Chapter 22. - Key to My Thoughts
Chapter 23. - Caught Red Handed
Chapter 24. - Birthday Behavior
Chapter 25. - Birthday Presents
Chapter 26. - Birthday Transformation
Chapter 27. - Birthday Party
Chapter 28. - Birthday Song
Chapter 29. - Birthday Queen
Chapter 30. - Out of Left Field
Chapter 31. - New Beginnings
Chapter 32. - Controlled Seduction
Chapter 33. - Off-Chance
Chapter 34. - Intruder
Chapter 35. - Painting the Town Red
Chapter 36. - Fitting Right
Chapter 37. - Something Bad
Chapter 38. - No Good Deed
Chapter 39. - Dysfunctional
Chapter 40. - Firecracker
Chapter 41. - No Sinner Like a Young Saint
Chapter 42. - The Devil and I Get Along Just Fine
Chapter 43. - Fall Like Rain
Chapter 44. - Temptation
Chapter 45. - Allured
Chapter 46. - Yes Games I.
Chapter 47. - Yes Games II.
Chapter 48. - Yes Games III.
Chapter 49. - Happily Ever After
Chapter 50. - Soul Crusher
Chapter 51. - New Day
Chapter 53. - Unexpected Direction
Chapter 54. - Shoot Me I.
Chapter 55. - Shoot Me II.
Chapter 56. - Pieces of a Puzzle
Chapter 57. - Irrevocable Shift
Chapter 58. - Backstage Pass

Chapter 52. - Legally Bound

6K 313 35
By carte_blanche_milady

A/N: Hello and welcome! If you're wondering when the hell did you add this book to your reading list, this is your girl, CBM, and you're reading Harmonized. I hope you like the rebrand - new title and new cover!

***

*Gia*

I pulled up to London and Lukas' house, frowning at the array of expensive cars already present. I wasn't aware that anyone else was invited to this meeting, but there have been so many surprises over the last few weeks that I no longer expected anything to go as planned.

I recognized a midnight black motorcycle in the corner and my heart began beating in my throat. He rode that when he wanted to get somewhere fast. My mind wandered back to a handful of nights spent at my old campus apartment when he would show up unannounced, and-

I shook my head to clear it. This was not the time to reminisce about the past when I got a chance to fix my future.

I walked up the small stairway and was about to knock on the front door when London threw it open, surprising me. "Cameras!" She announced as an answer to my questioning look, before she gathered me into a hug. "I'm glad you came! I know you're skeptical about this, but you will see, Dominic is a great lawyer. If someone can get you unharmed out of this, it's him!"

I wasn't sure there was a way out, let alone unharmed. Even if this magical, celebrity lawyer could get me back into my program, I wouldn't get back unscathed.

But I could tell that London was still feeling awful about the way she acted after she found out about the affair, and how much thinking that she was helping me meant to her. So as to not crush her spirits, I diverted the subject. "Which car is his?"

"Oh, he's not here yet! Come in and have a drink."

I frowned at her. "It's ten in the morning. On a Tuesday."

"I meant coffee or water!" She rolled her eyes. "But if you do want alcohol, we definitely have it!"

I didn't doubt that. I followed her into their living room, where everyone sat around the giant couch meant to fit at least a dozen bodies. Jesse and Brian were present, Lukas - of course, given that we were at his house - and in the furthest seat was Ash. His large body spread across the entire loveseat, arms resting on the back of the couch.

He wore his signature, tight, black jeans with rips around the knees and thighs; a black Rolling Stones shirt that would've made anyone else look like a hipster, but it only elevated Ash's rockstar status; and a black fedora that kept his dark locks out of his face.

His gaze moved down my body, leaving a trail of fire where it went. He was checking me out too, and judging by his dilated pupils, he was satisfied with what he saw.

"Hey there!" Jesse said, louder than necessary. He lifted a brow at me when our eyes met, shaking his head. "Nice seeing you too! Sorry about missing your dad's wedding. But I heard you had a great time." He said the last part pointedly as if he knew something he wasn't supposed to.

Did Ash tell him about our flirty exchange? I glanced back over to the furthest corner, but Ash's stony expression didn't give anything away.

"Nice to see you too," I nodded, looking at Jesse pointedly. "I'm glad you all could make my meeting."

Brian shrugged. "I'm single now and have nowhere to be but with my bandmates."

"Alright then," Jesse's murmured under his breath. "I'm here for moral support as my best friend goes through a rough patch in life."

"I live here," Lukas said simply, giving the most reasonable explanation yet.

"And why did you come, Ash?" Jesse asked, turning to look at his brother.

Ash's dark gaze was still on me. He didn't waver, even after his brother called him out. "I want to be here." His jaw flexed as London walked around and plopped down on the empty seat next to her boyfriend.

The drinks were already lined up on the coffee table, and I opted to pour a glass of orange juice, painfully aware of everyone's eyes following my movements. As I straightened, Ash shifted, moving his body to one side of the loveseat. Without thinking, I sat down next to him.

His knees were still wide open in a man-spread, his arm behind my back, leaving me just enough room to sit with an iron rod back and crossed legs unless I wanted to be snuggled up to him. Warmth radiated from every part of his body, enveloping me in a familiar sensation that would've been comforting, were it not for the rigid posture I had to practice.

"When is your third wheel coming back from Europe?" Lukas was the one to break the awkward silence, and I was thankful for the distraction as London launched into a long monologue on Callie's current modeling adventures overseas.

Ash's head dropped, his mouth coming dangerously close to my ear as he murmured in a lowered voice. "Did you wear that shirt for me?"

I felt his eyes on my generous decolletage showcased by a low-cut, auburn sweater Callie got me for my birthday. "I didn't know you'd be here, remember?"

"So you wore it for Dom."

I shrugged. "I heard he's hot, so I figured I'd shoot my shot."

Ash's laugh was booming, making the rest of the room pause their conversation to look over at us. "What's so funny?" Jesse had a knowing smirk playing on his lips as he regarded us. "Care to share with the rest of the class?"

"Fuck off!" Came Ash's response, still laughing.

Thankfully, that was when the doorbell went off. London jumped to her feet and disappeared from our view.

"I'm glad you didn't lose your sense of humor, red. Your bite is unmatched."

London walked back to the living room, followed by a man I assumed to be Dom. He was what every pop culture outlet would describe as 'tall, dark, and handsome', but behind the devilish good lucks, I could see that spark of calculation and intelligence I would expect an expensive lawyer to have.

"Morning, everyone," He nodded at the crowd, his movements oozing confidence. If he was taken aback at all by the unexpected gathering, he didn't show it. His gaze ran across the room, settling on me.

I rose to my feet. "Gianna Walsh," I held out my hand for him, which he shook with practiced precision.

"Pleasure," Dom said, taking a seat in the only lounge chair, facing the giant sofa. "Let's not waste any time, shall we? I went through your program's rulebook and the law regarding suspensions and discrimination." He caught us up on what was legal on the national level, as well as in the state of California.

"So you're saying that they didn't do anything illegal by suspending Ginger?" Jesse summed up, leaning closer.

"Correct. They didn't break any laws or rules, per se, but discrimination isn't black and white. If you feel singled out and feel like their actions are unjust, that's a good basis to sue on in the United States. My prediction is, your school wouldn't want to go through the trouble and fees of a legal suit since it would place them right in the public eye. They let you go in the first place to save their reputation, so I'd assume they'd want to settle out of court."

"And that would get her back in the program?" It was London who asked this time, her voice laced with concern.

"No," Dom and I answered at the same time. His eyes flashed to me in surprise. He looked impressed. "They'd give me money." I guessed and he nodded.

"That's usually what happens, yes. When we're at that stage, we can always ask for an outrageous amount and then backtrack at the last second to say that if they take you back, we're willing to forego that charge. But that's only a move if we're winning."

"And you think you could win?" Ash's voice was hoarse and came from entirely too close to me. A shiver ran down my spine, his mere nearness making my head spin.

"I can win anything!" Dom flashed a million-dollar smile I assumed melted a lot of panties all over the world. "But the process would be tedious and could take a long time." London opened her mouth, but before she could get anything out, Dom waved her off. "We're talking months, possibly years. It's in their best interest to drag it out because the more time and money you lose..." He trailed off. "Let's just say it's not an ideal situation."

"So what do you suggest?"

"Legally, your best bet is to sue them and hope for the best," Dom paused, straightening. "Off the record, we can get them outside of legal jurisdiction. I did some digging and the president of the school is apart of a swanky yacht club in town. They're famous for their male members only sleepover parties if you know what I mean."

London opened her mouth to speak, but this time, it was me who cut her off. "I looked up your hourly rate," Dom lifted a brow at me. "And it was really hard to find. You charge so much it wasn't disclosed on any readily available outlet." He grinned, leaning back as I went on. "You're not here pro bono, so who's paying your fees?"

His gaze drifted next to me, before meeting my eyes again. "Your bill is taken care of," Dom said instead, keeping it polite. "It's up to you how adventurous you want to get with your response to their statement."

"Well then," I nodded. "Get out."

Everyone's heads swirled toward me. "What?" London snapped. "He's your best shot at-"

"Not him," I said, shaking my head. "All of you. I want you out. I need to speak to my lawyer in private."

***

*Ash*

I did a double-take to make sure I heard her correctly, but sure enough, my little firecracker was really kicking all of us out. Unsurprisingly, no one tried to argue with her; not even London and Lukas, whose house we were currently in.

Without another word, London, Lukas, Brian, and Jesse got to their feet and headed down to the basement, where the game room was set up. A minute later, the unmistakable sound of video games and shooting started, followed by laughter and muffled voices.

I turned my attention back to Dom, who was staring pointedly at me. "You heard the lady." He said in a calm, even tone, but his eyes were dancing with humor. The fucker was enjoying this!

"I bet you can hear this." I stood, holding up my middle finger over my head as I retreated downstairs, joining the rest of my band. "Move over!" I snapped at my little brother, who made room for me on the couch and handed me a controller.

"Someone's in one of his moods!" He laughed, not offended by my obvious irritation.

I wanted to know what Gia was going to do. Did she really want to pursue a long legal battle? I knew from experience it was rarely worth it. The time and money spent on just the efforts of it already ate up most of what one got out of it. And despite what Dom said, the school was prestigious, old, and well funded. I doubted this was their first rodeo around the block when it came to disgruntled students.

I agreed with Dom's suggestion. Matters like this were easier settled outside of the law. I knew guys - and from my experience, so did Dom - who would be more than happy to get their hands dirty for some extra money. We wouldn't even have to dig up dirt on anyone. One unfortunate event in a dimly lit parking lot could do it.

But then there was Gia's conscience.

I doubted she would ever stoop to that level. She was much too classy and kind, despite her spicy exterior, to do anyone harm. Even if it was only to tarnish their names.

Which was where I came in the picture, the thought materialized in my head. She didn't have to get her pretty little hands dirty. I would happily take that responsibility off her shoulders. And for the right price, so would Dom.

I got lost in the games and the thrill of virtually shooting up my bandmates, so I had no idea how much time has passed until I heard Dom's voice yell down the stairs. "I'm leaving!" I dropped the controlled immediately, not caring if I died in the game, and rushed up the stairs.

Dom's arms were around Gia, his tall frame folded down to envelope her in a hug. He said something in a low voice to her that made her laugh, and not the fake, polite laugh I heard her do when she was uncomfortable.

I silently waited until they let each other go, my pulse beating loudly in my ear. I was fuming by the time Dom stepped back, smiling as he said: "I will be in touch. You have my personal cell."

His fucking personal cell - a statement that would've sounded outrageous from anyone else's lips, but I knew that Dom had two phones. One cell that he gave to the richest clients he wanted to feel privileged to have unrestricted access to him, and then there was his personal phone. The one where he stored all the naughty shit he never wanted to be caught with. The one he gave to his actual friends if such people really existed.

"I do." Gia nodded. "Thank you again for everything."

I grunted. Both of them turned to look at me. "I'll walk you to your car." I purposefully walked between them, making both of them having to take another step back, as I opened the front door. "This way," I motioned politely, holding the front door open for Dom, who didn't argue.

We walked down the front steps in silence, rounded the drive, and didn't talk until we were all the way down the street where he parked his all blacked out Mercedez. No one could hear us from the house now.

I stepped to block him as he reached for his door, placing my body between Dom and his car. "What did she talk to you about?"

Dom grinned like a Cheshire cat. "Wouldn't you like to know? Ever heard of attorney-client privilege? I'm not telling you shit!" He was clearly getting a kick out of this whole situation.

"I'm paying your fees, you dick! I have a right to make sure my money's not going down the drain." I retorted. "Is she going to press charges? I don't see Gia being comfortable with getting involved with one of your goons."

"You're paying me to make her happy, asshat!" Dom laughed. "By the way, she's hot. She looks like those old-school porn stars I used to watch as a teen. Natural curves, tits for days, dressed in a naughty little teacher's outfit..." He groaned. "I can see why you're so pussy-whipped."

"Go fuck yourself!" I advised, stepping out of his way.

"Maybe I'll go do just that," Dom chuckled, looking amused as hell. "I certainly wouldn't mind letting that redhead have a go at me if she wanted. I bet she's a little wild cat when no one's looking!"

His eyes were trained on me, observing my reaction. The fucker was clearly saying these obscene things to rile me up, and despite knowing that, it still fucking worked. "Get the fuck out of here before I break your face in, and then have to pay you more for suing my ass."

"Oh, I wouldn't sue you. Not my style." He took his time getting in the car, then rolling the window down. "Our legal system is a steaming pile of garbage. I don't trust it one fucking bit."

"You're a lawyer." I pointed out.

"And that's how I know it's not working!" He laughed. "I'll see you at the gym tonight? Damon is itching to kick your ass again."

"In his wildest dreams." But that was a lie. Damon was just about unbeatable back in his prime. And despite the years that have passed since he professionally beat people to death in the ring, his physique was still in top condition. "I'll see you there. And you can tell me all about your little talk with Gia."

"I don't think I will. Laters!" He peeled out of the spot, his tires screeching as he sped down the street.

I've never regretted being friends with this guy until today. Now, all that effort seemed fucking wasted on him. "Righteous fuck!" I murmured under my nose as I headed back toward the house at the end of the street.

But that was fine. If Dom wasn't going to talk, there was still someone else left who would.

***

A/N: If you favor this book over Strung, then you're really going to like Dom's story! I have a full outline ready and his leading lady will be the sister of someone you've already met! Any guesses?

Twitter: cb_milady

Insta: grettypop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 34.2K 105
💞 A brand new completed story! Short chapters! Completed January 5, 2020. *Still in rough draft form* She was her best friend, her rock and favorit...
25.9K 469 97
I swipe away a piece of hair falling in front of her face. I watch as she sleeps softly. She is all that matters to me now. She is every beat. ...
2.5K 32 18
"Because, you're mine. All mine." ☆ Jake Wheeler, the school outcast who finally snapped. Devon Evans, a popular boy who, unfortunately, happens to...
67.7K 3.5K 44
After running away from home, the last thing Gianna Rae expects is to get entangled with an ex-convict, whose life is more dangerous than that which...