ESCAPE

By dakotarain18

When a contract that was signed 4 years ago comes back to haunt Zayn, he can't help but run away to escape fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter-2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter-26
Chapter- 27
Chapter-28
Chapter- 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Thank you

Chapter 72

38 6 0
By dakotarain18

HARRY

The next few days were spent visiting the hospital in-between our schedules. I no longer felt the fear that I used to have about losing her because my time with her had given me the courage to ask her to stay with me and not leave.

'I want to talk to you about something', I said as I pulled back from a kiss.

'Do you really have to?', she pouted and pulled me towards her to continue the kiss but I smiled and gently pulled away and held her hands in mine.

'It's important', I said and she looked at me attentively.

'I was thinking about how you have to leave and I was wondering...whether...you...wanted to...'

'Stay here with you?', she completed with an eager expression and I nodded nervously.

Valentina sat back without letting go of my hand to think and then said,

'I don't even know if I'll have anything if I go back. I wouldn't even know where to begin', she said.

For a minute I felt selfish to want her to stay with me and not go back to find her past and take back what belonged to her but I couldn't be self-righteous at the moment. All I wanted was her by my side.

'Then stay', I said and watched as a smile appeared on her face.

'Okay', she said and I attacked her with a kiss causing her to fall back into her bed with me over her.

'I'll never let anything or anyone take you away from me and I promise to help you find your past once we're in the clear', I said and she pulled me down by my collar.

'Ahem'

I looked up to find Zayn at the door and quickly got up.

'Sorry to disturb this but I need to talk to you', he said and I watched as Valentina covered her face with a pillow form embarrassment.

'Okay', I said quickly and he turned to leave giving me a window to give her a quick peck on her forehead before leaving with him.

'What did you want to talk about?', I asked.

'Remember what I was talking to you about before she fell?', asked Zayn and I took a minute to remember that moment.

'You mean about dropping her home?', I asked.

'Yes. You were talking about wanting to ask Dominic for help', he said.

I did?

'Well that's not a problem anymore', I said with a smile and he looked at me confused.

'I asked her to stay with me and she agreed', I said.

'You what?', he asked looking confused.

'We're in love', I said with a flustered smile.

'Oh, that's really great, man', he said but he didn't look that pleased.

'What is it?', I asked.

'No, I was just thinking about whether she'd want to know about her past. According to Dominic she's the heir to a lot of businesses', he said and I felt annoyed at how he wasn't being supportive even though my conscience was telling me the same thing as well.

'Do you not want us to be together?', I asked angrily.

'That is not what I meant and you know that', he countered.

'What's going on?', asked Louis as he arrived along with Liam and Niall.

'Zayn doesn't want Val to stay', I said.

'What? Why?', asked Niall.

'She's supposed to find her home, her family', he said with a desperate expression.

'Yeah, but didn't all of her family members die? Would she even be safe if we just let her go?', asked Liam.

'Exactly which is why I asked her to stay with me until we could figure things out', I said.

'Wait does that mean?', asked Niall.

'Yes, we're officially dating', I said and it was received with some mocking sounds and pats.

'You're being selfish, Harry', said Zayn suddenly and we all looked at him.

'What?'

'She has someone from her past willing to help her and you won't let her go', he said.

Was he delusional or something?

'Why are you supporting Dominic?', I asked outraged that he'd even do something like this.

'Zayn what's going on?', asked Louis and I noticed that he was holding back.

'He's hiding something. What is it?', I growled.

'He said he could help, okay?!', he exclaimed and sat in one of the waiting chairs.

'Who said he could help?', asked Liam.

'Dominic!', he exclaimed.

'You went to him?!', I shouted and immediately moved to attack him but I was held back by Liam.

'No he came to me!', he snapped back.

'Why would you even want to talk to him, mate?', asked Louis.

'Because they're going to take Nova away from me! I need her safe! I cannot lose her again!', he cried and ran his hand through his hair.

'Then you should have come to us! We could have helped you!', I exclaimed 

'What on earth can any of you do?! We're all tied down by a fucking contract that costs us everything we love! We don't even get to be ourselves!', he shouted with a helpless expression.

'What is this actually about?', asked Louis as he held him.

'EVERYTHING! IT'S FUCKING EVERYTHING!', he cried.

For a minute I was no longer angry at my bandmate and I wanted to hear him out.

'This...this person I've become! I did not sign up for this four years ago! I did not sign up to have a fiancé who was practically dead! And I DID NOT sign up for her to be taken away again! I can't do this anymore! I want out!', he cried and we all gasped.

It seemed like Zayn didn't realize what he had just said and when he did he looked at us in shock.

'What did you just say?', asked Liam.

Zayn straightened himself up and replied, ' Dominic has agreed to give sanctuary to Nova in exchange for Val. If you won't agree, then I quit', he said.

Before I knew it I found myself shoving him against the wall while everyone else tried to pull me away from him.

'How could you do that?! HOW COULD YOU BE SO FUCKING SELFISH?!', I shouted.

'I'm selfish?!', he asked as he pushed me back.

'You're keeping her away from her past and possible future!', he spat.

'And you just betrayed your bandmates', I said and shook the lads off of me.

'No, I didn't. She's not safe with us! How many times was she almost killed when we vowed to protect her?! Dominic could do what we can't! We're not soldiers Harry! We're fucking musicians!', I exclaimed.

'What do you mean she's not safe with us?', asked Niall.

'Dominic said something about them planning to kidnap her again. Her real enemies are here. The ones who murdered her whole family. This is something bigger than what we expected', he said.

'That doesn't mean you can just call the shots', said Liam.

'Zayn, think about it. We could make something work', pleaded Louis as he placed an arm on his shoulder but Zayn shook him off.

'NO! I am done with this! I thought you'd all understand. I thought that after all these years you'd be supportive. I'm not the villain here! I care about her too! I fucking rescued her first and brought her here so don't you dare say I'm being selfish because this is the right thing to do', he said but I shook my head at him.

'She's not going anywhere', I said sternly.

'Then I am', said Zayn which earned him a punch in the face by Louis who then ran out looking furious.

'I'll go after him', sighed Liam as Niall helped Zayn up who now sported a bloody nose.

'What the hell is going on here?', asked Paul as he came up the stairs.

'Nothing', I replied.

'Then explain to me why Louis almost knocked me over and why Zayn is bleeding', he said.

'We got into an argument', said Niall.

'There's nothing to worry about', I said pinching my nose.

'Fuck there is', spat Zayn and I moved towards him again but Paul held me back.

'What is wrong with you?!', he shouted but our quarrel was interrupted by Val's doctor.

'Is Valentina here?', he asked and we all looked at him confused.

'She's in her room', I said walking towards him.

'No, she's not. Her bathroom is empty as well', he said and I felt my heart drop as my body turned cold.

I ran to her room only to find it empty and I put my hands on my head unable to think. Zayn's warning ran through my head and I felt like someone had taken all the oxygen out of my lungs.

'She couldn't have gone far. Search the entire floor and lock the doors', ordered Paul and the doctor started to call security.

'She was here, just 10 minutes ago!', I cried.

'We'll find her', assured Paul but the cruel truth would not leave me.

I looked to find Zayn with a crushed expression and before I knew it I found myself falling on my knees so I grabbed the bed for support but the sound of running footsteps made me pause.

'Harry', said a weak voice and I looked up to find Val who looked out of breath and I immediately had her in my arms.

'Where did you-', I started but she cut me off, 'One of them came in and tried to take me away but I had grabbed a pair of scissors from a cart outside and while he was dragging e down the fire escape I stabbed him and ran', and then she exploded into fits of tears.

'You're okay, you're okay', I comforted and looked up everyone else. Zayn came to us and held my shoulder, 'You know what's the right thing to do', he said and I gulped.

'Fine', I said but I didn't let her go.

As I stood there comforting her while trying to convince myself that Zayn was right, Paul came in with a white face.

'What?', asked Niall.

'They have Louis'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 17.6K 31
This story is about a girl named Taylor Smile. She has a hidden talent which is singing. She gets kidnapped by one direction. It all started when her...
556K 13.5K 40
[In Editing] Wrong place. Wrong time. That's what this is a case of. Jessie James just happened to be at the bank that day when Harry Styles, and the...
694 7 1
Hired By Management; Kim was a normal girl growing up until one day. Her life changed when management offered her a job. Kim was spotted in the crowd...