T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶d̶s̶ O̶f̶ V̶i̶k̶i̶...

By poison-fruit

This is a take on Vikings the show. Queen Isabella Ambrosio is left alone in defense against others whom want... More

Entitled.
Greed.
Childish.
Blackness.
Godly Vows.
Dirt and Swords.
Foreign.
A Real Queen.
Slaughter.
Bloody Tears.
Thors' Lightning.
Vikings Way.
A Scar.
Blood Eagle.
Tragic.
York.
Betrayal.
Execution.
Goodbye and Hello.
Eyes Everywhere.
Settled Score.
The Ball.
Red Queen.
Discovering Love.
A Romantic Guesture.
Patriarchy over Matriarchy.
Virago.
Viking Ritual.
Solice.
Bishop To Queen.
Force and Blood.
Checkmate.
Ambush.
Permanent Markings.
Hvitserk.
Ruined.
Anthem.
Marriages.
Capsized.
Seeker.
Surprise.
Asking for Help.
Soon to be Husband.
Forced Together.
Frankia and Italia.
Je T'aime
Fight For You.
When Tides Meet.
More Blood.
Heartache.
Sins.
Settle Down.
A Friend and Foe.
Shield Maiden.
Guest.
Treasures.
Valkyres.
Fools Journey.
Mamihlapinatapei
Old Ties.
Absolute Anger.
Reign.
Beautiful Boy.
Mother.
The Battle.
Moon Goddess.
Dispair.
Accused.
Murderer and Witch.
Well Damn.
Alternate Ending.

Saved Unexpectedly.

1.1K 28 96
By poison-fruit

I stand from my bed. The sun has not yet risen. I grab the armor that lays to the floor and fit it on nicely. I grab the cloak that is nicely set onto the chair, pulling it on. I take a breath and step back to the bed, laying down. I close my eyes for a moment and drift off to sleep.

I wake quickly to the green grass and fog in the air. I find Ragnar sat upon a log, looking over the lake. I sit up and look to him. He looks over to me and nods slowly. "Did you enjoy yourself yesterday?" I shake my head and stand, walking over to him. I take a seat beside him and rest my arms onto my knees. "You took advantage of me." I speak and he lets out a laugh. "No, no.." he tosses a pebble into the water and looks at the ripple.

I furrow my brows and look to him. "I was showing you how a woman once felt. Your mind and body. But not you." He looks to me. "I once knew a woman. She was a princess and her name was Yidu. She was from a place called China." I nod. I have heard of the Emperors Daughter go missing but I did not know that Ragnar Lothbrok was the cause. "I know of her. But why show me that?"

He nods and moves my hair to behind my shoulder. "Because. You may be happy and lustful one day, but here in Valhalla the next.." he looks to his hands. "Ivar.. He is a strong boy you know.. I once left him in the cold because of his bones, yet his mother saw fit to bring him back." He runs his hand over his head and stands. "You must go now." He looks to me and I stand. "But Ragnar. Why are you telling me this?"  He steps to the water and looks to me. "Because, it is your decision to right a wrong." He places a hand to my arms and smiles softly. He then pushes me into the water.

I wake to the sound of bells and quickly stand. I walk to the door and open it, seeing everyone scurrying and running around as the Vikings rush in. I quickly take a breath and sprint, ducking under a viking who is trying to slice through me. I grab his axe and kick his back, grabbing a shield. I drive it through him and continue to sprint. I make my way through the door and look to find Ivar. I take harsh breaths and close the door. He looks at me and I look to the floor to see that Freydis is on the floor. Motionless. I throw the shield down and he reaches for his knife on his belt.

I furrow my brows and watch him. I think for a moment, gripping onto the axe harshly. I think back to what Ragnar has said. I let it fall from my hand and look to him. He parts his lips and puts the knife up. "Are you going to help me or let me be caught by my loving brothers?" He gestured to the body. His voice was slightly hoarse but there was something in his voice that hurt his soul.

I step over easily and he tries to help. "Leave it." I speak and lift her body up into my arms. I grunt slightly and step to the bed, laying her down. He lays a small chest besides her and opens it to reveal the small bones of a child. I gulp and place her hands, lightly onto her stomach. I lay her hair out and straighten her dress out. I look to Ivar who is looking upon her. "You need to hide." I speak and he nods, grabbing a cloak. "You will have to leave tomorrow." He furrows his brows. "I already have a plan." He starts trying to put on his cloak but I step over and place it over his shoulders.

"You speak of me betraying you. But I am on no ones side. Only my own. I help those in need but for a price." He looks to me and I take his knife from his pocket. "What are you doing?" He gets angry and I press it against my cheek. "At least let me say I tried to fight against you but you got away from me." I go to cut my cheek but he quickly takes it, moving it down to my arm. "I would never damage your features." He take my hand over the knife and slices it against my skin. I clench my jaw and let out a breath through my nose, rolling my eyes as I look to the ceiling.

It stings. Another scar to fit along with my other arm. He takes the knife away and places it back. I let the blood fall for a moment and then place my hand over it. "Now go. I'll meet you in the morning Ivar." He nods and moves out of the cabin. I walk quickly to the front and grab the shield as well as the axe. I walk out and immediately run into another viking who swung his sword towards me. I hold my axe up but my bicep hurts too much to hold it. I let out a yell and shove him back with my shield. He come back with more force but I take a breath because this is it for me.

This is my end.

I swing and deflect it. But he looks to me and grins. Soon after the blood from his eye socket is spread against my face. An arrow straight through. He drops to his knees and I see Jean who is covered in dirt and mud. That's when the fighting stop. I drop my shield and axe as the man lays flat. I run to him and he drops the bow and arrow. He envelopes me into a hug and cups my cheeks. "I thought I lost you but I prayed that he would let you live." Tears fill his eyes and he kisses my lips, over and over. I take his hand with my left and his hand presses against my arm and I let out a noise. He looks to the bleeding wound and he looks at me. "You're bleeding."

I nod and look to it. "It's okay." Hvitserk and Bjorn step to me. Hvitserk notices the cut and easily slices a piece of his own shirt from the bottom, wrapping it tightly. "How did this happen? You don't have much blood on you from the fight." Bjorn speaks and furrows his brows. "Ivar." I speak and purse my lips. "I ran immediately towards the cabin when he was stepping to it. He easily deflected it and sliced right through. He got away from me."

I look down to the side with a shake of my head. "It's okay. You fought well. Ivar is smart" Hvitserk says sadly and Bjorn starts making his way to the cabin, soon after Hvitserk follows him. I look to my husband who furrows his brow towards me. "Why do you lie?" He speaks lowly and I watch him. "What do you mean Husband?" I act as if I know what he speaks of. "You know what I mean, wife." He clenches his jaw and looks to see Bjorn as well as Hvitserk. They are both furious. Which means they had found Freydis.

The gates open and everyone makes way to them. That's when Ubbe, Torvi, and Laergatha step into the gates. Laergatha carries a sword on her hands. Bjorn is in utter shock. "You're still alive." He speaks and she nods. She holds it to him. "All hail King Bjorn." She says and everyone shouts. "All hail King Bjorn!" I look around and take a breath. The way in unison makes you have chills.

-

The rest of the night is filled with celebrations, dancing, and yes of course drinking. I decide against drinking and step to the cabin. A thing of water is place in the room. Jean is sat and taking his armor off. He looks up to see me and then looks back down as he takes his gloves from his hand. I walk over and pull at the straps of my armor. I pull it off and step closer to him, pulling the armor from him. He stays silent and stands, undoing the armor from the pants. He has some scratches and small cuts against his cheeks as well as his arms.

I look at him and pull at the laces that keep his pants from falling. He lets out a breath from his nose and looks to me. I tug more on them and his body slightly jerks forward as I do from the harsh tugging. His eyebrows are still furrowed as he watches me. I push them down his hips and he steps from them, to the water. He steps into it and sits down in the big wooden bath. I sigh softly and step over, taking a pitcher, running it over his shoulders as well as his hair. He splashed the water to his face and rubs the dirt off.

I run more water over him and move to my knees instead of crouching. He leans back and places his arms on either side. "Why would you do it?" He speaks softly and looks to me. I look to him and he pushes his hair back. "Because. I care for our kingdom. And I do what is best for us. He was planning to attack Italia with my help. But no. I couldn't allow it. He keeps his word Jean." I speak lightly and look to the water. I dip the pitcher in and run the water over him.

He takes breaths and I set the pitcher down, placing my hands against my thighs. The water drips from his finger tips. "I think it was a smart move." He looks to me and moves his hand more close to me. He tugs slightly at the string that holds my shirt together, watching me. "I originally went to kill him." I speak softly and he continues to open my shirt. "Mhmm.. And what had happened for you to not?" He opens the fabric and leans up slightly.

"Ragnar. Bjorn, Ivar, Hvitserk, and Ubbe's father comes to me. Well, I to him. It's as if it were a dream. But I had... died and saw the same things. My mother was a viking before they had come to Italia and my father fell in love with her." I purse my lips. "You are the first I'm telling this to. He tells me these things and guides me almost. He told me to choose. So I did." He furrows his brows and breathes. "So you see these things? And it is real?" I nod slowly and he parts his lips. "I had kissed Ivar.. To trick him and place my hands firmly around his throat." He watches me for a moment and then grabs my shirt, pressing his lips to mine. "You did what you needed to my love."

I cup his cheeks and kiss back softly. He pulls back and looks over my face. "I may not be a Viking but I want you the same way they do." He grips my shirt and tears it down the middle. I part my lips and watch him. He stands from the tub and steps out. He grabs my hands and pulls me up, pushing the shirt down my arms. He presses his lips against my skin and I grip onto his side, pressing my nails into the skin.

He bites at my skin and holds my head to the side. I flutter my eyes closed and let out heavy breaths. He unties my trousers quickly and pushes them down, immediately pressing his hand between my legs. I part my lips and let out a moan as he moves his hand, his fingers entering me. I lift one foot up to be rested on my toes. I move one hand to his shoulder and put my head back. His other hand is pressed against my lower back, the pads digging in. He continues for a few moment and backs me up against the wall that's the closest, next to the fireplace. He lifts my leg up and I run my hand over his chest, his lips being pressed against mine rather harshly.

He reaches for my other thigh and I hop up to be around his waist. He holds one of my legs over his arm and the other under and in his grip. He moves into me which makes my head move back, receiving a low moan from him. I let out a soft one and he moves his hips, each time is harsh but I'm enjoying it. I hold his hair and hold onto the fireplace. I let out a louder moan and he continue to move his hips into me. "You. Are. Mine." He speaks and clenches his jaw. "Say it." He says lowly and continues to move. "I am yours." I say between each thrust and let out a scream almost as I let myself come off my high. He does a few more until he squeezes my skin, resulting in him releasing and the way his head tilts back slightly.

He breathes harshly and moves out of me, letting me down lightly. I look to him and he cups my cheek. His fresh curls now rest against his forehead. I kiss his lips and then step to the bed. I crawl into it and he follows, laying to his side to look at me. I look over his features and run my thumb over the cut under his eye. It is beautiful. Adds something to him. "I love you." He speaks and watches me. "I love you as well." I say to him and he bites at his lip. "I would kill anyone for you." He speaks and takes my hand. "No matter who. I would end them for you." He nods and kisses my fingers. "Rest my love.. You need it." I speak softly to him and he nods, moving to his back, pulling me to him.

-

The next morning as Jean sleeps peacefully I slip from bed and pull a dress over my head as well as a cloak, pulling the hood on. I leave the cabin and walk along the route, I look around until I find someone who is sat on a wagon with a cloak over their own head, legs tied together. I walk over and adjust my hood up slightly. "Goodbye." I speak to him and he looks to me. "Goodbye." He says and nods. "If I shall see you again. I hope you were to be divorced or widowed." He says honestly and I part my lips.

I look to the salesman with blankets. I give him gold and then place it against Ivars lap. "If you are to do this. At least cover to make sure no one knows it's you." I nod slowly and look to him. "Good luck Ivar the Boneless. You know where my kingdom lies." I say quietly and place my hand softly against his cheek. He leans into it almost and I press my lips against his cheek. He kisses my palm softly and then looks to me. "At least you'll have a scar to remember me by my Queen." He says and pulls his hood as the man climbs into the carriage to control the horses. They start to pull away and I look as he is slowly becoming smaller. Our eyes staying in contact.

I let out a breath and turn away and step away. I stop for a moment and look foreword. I take a moment to myself before pulling my hood from my head. Ivar has lost everything. That will not be me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 2.7K 37
SPOILERS (4B-6B) Hvitserk Ragnarsson was careless - a Viking through and through. He only cared for raiding, pillaging and fighting - living like a t...
2.2K 32 16
Ivar the Boneless. A name that brought fear to anyone who heard it. He was ruthless and cruel, lacked any sort of empathy. But a strong hearted, stub...
354K 8.9K 28
𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅... #1 Ragnar. VIKINGS. CASHMERE SHEEP © 2019
34.2K 1K 45
❝ SHE HAS THE MINDSET OF A QUEEN AND THE HEART OF A WARRIOR SHE IS EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE AND TOO MUCH FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T DESERVE HER ❞ - RH - A...