T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶d̶s̶ O̶f̶ V̶i̶k̶i̶...

By poison-fruit

This is a take on Vikings the show. Queen Isabella Ambrosio is left alone in defense against others whom want... More

Entitled.
Greed.
Childish.
Blackness.
Godly Vows.
Dirt and Swords.
Foreign.
A Real Queen.
Slaughter.
Bloody Tears.
Thors' Lightning.
Vikings Way.
A Scar.
Blood Eagle.
Tragic.
York.
Betrayal.
Execution.
Goodbye and Hello.
Eyes Everywhere.
Settled Score.
The Ball.
Red Queen.
Discovering Love.
A Romantic Guesture.
Patriarchy over Matriarchy.
Viking Ritual.
Solice.
Bishop To Queen.
Force and Blood.
Checkmate.
Ambush.
Permanent Markings.
Hvitserk.
Ruined.
Anthem.
Marriages.
Capsized.
Seeker.
Surprise.
Asking for Help.
Soon to be Husband.
Forced Together.
Frankia and Italia.
Je T'aime
Fight For You.
When Tides Meet.
More Blood.
Heartache.
Sins.
Settle Down.
A Friend and Foe.
Shield Maiden.
Guest.
Saved Unexpectedly.
Treasures.
Valkyres.
Fools Journey.
Mamihlapinatapei
Old Ties.
Absolute Anger.
Reign.
Beautiful Boy.
Mother.
The Battle.
Moon Goddess.
Dispair.
Accused.
Murderer and Witch.
Well Damn.
Alternate Ending.

Virago.

1.5K 40 73
By poison-fruit

The morning dawn grew. I look over to my husband who lays beside me. I sit up and lean over to kiss his soft lips to wake him from his slumber.

He wakes and pecks my lips softly against his. "Come. We must get you ready for today's battle." I say and stand from the bed. I start pulling my armor onto my body and he sits up looking at me. "What are you doing?" He speaks. I look back to him and move my hair behind me. "I am getting ready Incase they break the walls. At least let me do that one thing." I furrow my brows and purse my lips.

He nods and stand from the bed putting his hair up in a small ponytail. I watch as he puts his armor on his body and tightens the straps. I simply put my hair back with the two strands connecting to the back. He looks to me and steps to me, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

I look up at him and purse my lips. He rests his forehead against mine and speak Latin praying to god. But whom am I to pray to?

I close my eyes just to give him assurance. My dream replaying in my mind when I close them. His body laid to the ground. Blood stained cheeks.

I look to him once he is done and press my lips firmly against his, taking in the moment. He kisses back just as passionately. We step down together, my hand linked through his arm. We arrive to the square and I hold the bottom of my dress that connects to an armored piece.

I look to Ivar and Bjorn. "You come back tonight and we feast." I speak to them both. "All rivalries aside." I look to my husband and kiss his cheek softly.

The vast group of Vikings along with my Guards will slaughter Delfina, some secretly staying back. They get on the horses and Ivar to his chariot. Ivar looks back to me and I nod once. They start to lead off silently leaving us.

I lean over to the guard next to me. "Get me my horse." I turn around and step quickly to my room to retrieve my sword, putting the belt on along with putting it in its sheathe.

I step out quickly and look to see the Vikings ready and waiting for me. "Let's go!" I get on the horse but my dress is restricting me.

I take a knife from the belt and rip the side of it letting my leg hang out. I nod and they blow the horn they have. We start to ride on the few horses we have and the others run with us.

They are already fighting when I arrive to the top of the hill. Delfinas men stop fighting and so do my own as they look up at us. I let out yell. "Charge!" I hold my sword towards them and everyone else yells as we run towards them. I slice at the men and look at over to Delfina himself who is waiting for us. I jump from my horse and look over to Cedric who is fighting a man. The man is a lot stronger than he is. I run over quickly and stab him through the back.

I look at my husband and he angrily looks to me. "Don't ever doubt be again!" I yell to him and turn, fighting a few more men. After that is complete I look to Delfina with a grin.

"Hello Delfina." He gets from his horse and removes the crown from his head. "Just strike me dead. But god help me." I looks to his son and tears up. "My dear boy. Look at you. A man. You still managed to marry her." He nods and watches his son. "I'm proud of you.." Cedric watches his father and clenches his jaw.

All of the sudden Delfina's face goes straight. "Kill her." He says to his son and I furrow my brows. I turn to look to my husband who is stepping towards me. Bjorn steps in quickly and grabs Cedric. "No! You must listen to me!" He says and Bjorn holds a knife to his throat.

My heart feels broken. I can't trust anyone whom I lend my heart to. I look at Cedrics face and then back to his father. I look to my guards and clench my jaw. "Bring them both." I feel my eyes well up but I immediately start stepping, whistling with my fingers. My horse trots up to me and I pull my leg over, stepping with my horse.

I hold my head up and step. I hear horse steps behind me as well as Cedric and Delfina are being pushed and shoved. I get off my horse. "Hold Delfina in the court yard. Chained. Tied. I don't care. Let the crows eat his eyes to blind the man. Cedric is to be placed in the cellar." I nod once and they do as told. Ivar and Bjorn look to me. "Enjoy yourselves. I will be getting ready and be back down soon." I nod and Ivar looks at me for a moment, telling that I am hurt. But I can't show the emotion.

I let out a smile and turn, stepping to my room. Once there, I tug the armor from my body and pull the dress down. I pull the night gown on even if servants will arrive soon. I step over to the fire that is brewing in the fireplace. I hold my arms and let tears finally spill down my cheeks. I purse my lips and hold my hand on the fireplace, taking breaths to stop myself.

The servants step in and I quickly wipe my cheeks. I step back and look to them. "Hello. Shall we begin?" They nod and run wet clothes over my body to clean any dirt and blood from my body, putting my hair up nicely with braids throughout. The dress I wear is marvelous but it can't shield the pain. I want to look back at the chair and see his grinning face, watching me get ready. The way I'd make faces if they pull the dress too tight. Or if they'd tug on my hair.

I take a breath and look into the mirror. I nod once and then step into the hall as well as pushing the doors open to the dining room. Everyone is silent as they look at me. How a Queen can recover so quickly. But I haven't.

I step to my seat and turn to face everyone. I nod and sit down, taking my glass and looking at the liquid inside. Bjorn is sat there watching me as I have not touched my food nor spoken to anyone else. He stands and steps to me, looking at me. "It's the people we love the most who destroy us the best." He says and watches me. "He is in the cellar. Once you come up we have a surprise for you." He looks back to Ivar who is sipping on his ale, watching us.

I nod and stand. "Thank you." I speak and start stepping to the cellar. Once I arrive I hear the sound of shackles. I open the door and look at Cedric sitting on the floor. He stands once he sees me and looks down my body. "You look beautiful.." he speaks and looks down. "How could you betray me?.. Betray my trust." I speak softly and look to him, he doesn't speak. "So was this all fake? The love. The affection? Just to end up stabbing me." I clench my jaw and fists.

He looks up at me and lets out a breath. "At first.. but then I did fall in love with the woman you are." He watches me and I look to the side. "When did you stop pretending?" I tilt my head to the side and cross my arms. "The moment we first kissed and spent the night together." He tries to step to me but I step back once, halting him from coming any farther. "I want you to go back to your kingdom. I want you to become king." I look at him. "But you are to stay away from here." I watch him and you can see his heart breaking like he did to me.

"We will divorce is silence and you will be on your way." I clench my jaw and step from the doors. "Unchain him and get him food." I speak to the guard. "Yes my Queen." He speaks softly and looks to the ground.

I start stepping up and to the court yard for air. But I see Ivar waiting for me above the steps. He holds a cloth in his hands. "Put this on." He immediately says and I furrow my brows. I turn around and let him do so. His hands caress my shoulder softly and he takes my arm as we step. It's quiet as we do. I'm stopped and he pulls the blindfold from my eyes to reveal torches and Bjorn holding a single one in his hands whilst Delfina is blindfolded and gagged on a Pyre.

I look at Bjorn and furrow my brows. "He killed my kind. Our children. To fire. You should do the same." He speaks for everyone to hear and holds out the torch. I take it. "Take the blindfold from his eyes as well as his gag." I speak and hold the torch tightly to where my knuckles turn white. "I want to hear him cry and scream for mercy." I clench my jaw and Bjorn takes them off.

"Please Queen Ambrosio. Don't do this." I reach down and light the ends. "For the kids who screamed in mercy. And for your gods." I step back next to Ivar and Bjorn as I watch the flames rise.

Delfina screams and cries as I watch him burn. My lip turns up slightly. I watch the flames of the man crisping.

I look to Ivar who is laughing slightly, then Bjorn who has a stern facial expression. Then back to the flames.

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Thanksgiving and I am So thankful that you guys like the story. It's a 2K! And I never thought that would be possible. So thank you. Much love. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 7.2K 47
Halfrid was different, maybe that's why she got along with Ivar The Boneless. She couldn't feel fear, making her family having to protect her from ha...
14.3K 238 31
Twenty years have passed since Hiccup became the Blood King and had defeated all who wronged him before he built a Viking empire that has rivaled emp...
56.9K 1.7K 24
After Ivar lost the battle for Kattegat, he found himself roaming around kingdom of Kieavan Rus where he meets a beautiful, but mysterious princess o...
13.8K 312 17
[completed] If you stood before the Gods at this very moment, would they name you worthy of their domain? Would they look upon the fear you've caused...