Save You Tonight

By RedVelvetCake

Alaine Saunders has dedicated her life to Luna's restaurant. She grew up with unsupportive parents and was in... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chatper Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Chapter Twenty-Four.

2.3K 37 3
By RedVelvetCake

"I cant believe you're here! I'm sorry I haven't been to school lately, I'll explain later. But now that you're here, I want you to meet One Direction." she said, happily.

I looked at them, stunned to see that they came in a group, full of girlfriends. Except Louis of course, who hasn't had a girlfriend. I blinked, trying to compose myself from shocked to a completely strong person, to show Harry that he wont put me down. I have to stay strong to my word.

"Laney I'm so glad you're here!" Louis rushes by and hugs me close to him. Rose takes steps back and examines what is going on. I'm mentally slapping myself. I should have told her about this episode in my life. How left out she might feel when she realizes I've known these guys since back home.

"I've been flipping rocks for you it's almost insanity!" Lou says pulling back and gripping my shoulders. "Why didn't you call me, or at least attempt to let me know you were safe?! I was worried sick!" he complained.

"I'm s-sorr-"

"Excuse me? I'm Mark." Mark intrudes on us.

Lou turns around and shakes the hand Mark offered, then Mark went by shaking everyone's hands but Harry's, and came back to my side and scooped me up with his arm around my waist. "I'm also Rose's friend, which I may say it's nice to finally see you around Rose." he smiled.

"I know I've been caught up with some personal things that I havent attended classes, but I swear I will tomorrow." she reassured him.

"Alaine, we need to talk." Lou whispered to me while Mark spoke to Rose. I shook my head, hoping this wouldn't happen here. Not now, at least not in front of Rose. I felt Harry's gaze intensify when Mark's arm slithered around me. Caroline was trying to be all up on him, laughing but I knew Harry's eyes didn't leave me once.

"We have to go." I said, turning to Mark. Forgive me Lou, but I cant bare to stand here and watch Harry let that damn woman climb him the way she is. My heart was pounding really fast, I could feel the adrenaline pump through my veins. He looked at me a tad confused. But as I attempted to walk back to our booth for my things Harry spoke.

"Oh, why so soon? It looked like you were just getting the party started." he grinned.

"Don't stop her Harry, if she wants to leave let her. I'm sure this atmosphere isn't the type a girl with... her personality is into." Caroline adds.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them and in between Zayn and Perrie, which I hear Perrie whimper my name but I ignore and head for the booth. I grab my bag and strut out without thinking about how I just left Mark in there to deal with that mess.

"Alaine! Wait!" I hear Rose call out.

I turn around to see she was chasing me the whole time. "What was that all about?" she asked.

I looked down, admitting defeat. "Let's go somewhere quiet."

Just then Mark appeared panting. Rose turned to him, confused at my comment. "You have your car with you?" she asked him.

"Yes."

"Do you mind if I snatch Alaine from you for the rest of the night? I think there's something we need to talk about."

"Sure." he looked at me, saddened at the fact that our night was just cut short, but not by Rose. "Where to?" he asked.

"My place, I'll tell you the address but I think it's safe to say we need to hurry it up. Niall already knows I'm leaving with you guys so c'mon." she said, pulling my arm towards the ballet boy who took Mark's car.

***

Rose's place was very nice. She has everything nicely organized and her kitchen wasn't all the extravagant but it was suitable for perfect living conditions. She even had a dinning room, a lounge (well that's what she called it), and bathroom down the hall with three bedrooms. Her study place was piled with books and paper and her laptop.

"Very cool Rose." I said.

She smiled. "Thanks, all of this was made from blood, sweat, and tears."

She set her bag down on the dinning room table and so did I. Her kitchen looked so welcoming I wanted to get in there and start baking. But she pulled out two cokes from there and offered a seat on the couch. When we sat down on her black couch she immediately got to the point, no beating around the bush.

"Do you know One Direction?" her eyebrow lifted.

I sighed. "Yes, I know One Direction."

"Shut up! This is news to me!" she said, excitement in her voice. Maybe it would go better than I imagined. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" and I was wrong.

"Rose, it's not what you think. I know them personally yes, but I didn't want anyone to know because I wanted to start fresh here."

"You had a bad experience with them or something? Why would you need to start fresh?" she asked.

I hesitated, looking at her. Her eyes were fully focused on every word I will say, no distractions. "Rose, I have a secret. Well not really a secret. But it's something I don't want to tell anyone about. You have to promise me you will not speak of this to anyone. Ever, understand?"

"Scouts honor gal." she said, firmly.

I took in a deep breath and tried my best not to falter. "I used to date Harry Styles back in America."

"You're that infamous girl who saved his life?"

I nodded. "I didn't intend on getting close to him, the more I resisted the more he wanted me, and that in turn made me start to want him. The whole accident was horrible, but I had no idea I would save his life. But it united us, a lot closer. So we dated the time he was in America."

She nodded, waiting for me to proceed. "He eventually came back to his home and I did everything in my power to get here on my own. Well I did due to the program at school. I had all intention of living with Harry and Lou, but when I got there..." damn, I faltered. How can I say this the nice way without any of my hurt and burned feelings projected in the sentence.

"I caught Harry with another woman, in particular, that woman he is now seeing."

"Oh my God! No! You are lying to me! There is no possible way!" Rose said, gasping and covering her hand with her mouth, her eyes wide open from the shock I sent to her. I nodded, hoping that was enough of an answer.

"Alaine, I am so sorry. I'm so sorry you had to see that. Oh my gosh..." she looked down, unsure of what to say next.

"What's done is done, no turning back now.. But yes, I dated Harry Styles. I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner. I just, didn't want to bring it up. I thought you would think I was crazy for letting someone like him go just because he's famous. But I need you to understand he betrayed my trust, the commitment he made, and broke my heart, it's still love, not just some crazy fan obsession."

"That's what you thought I'd say?" she looked at me. "Oh Alaine no, I totally understand. Harry Styles is still a boy and any boy will hurt someone. Regardless of their status. I'm so sorry you had to see them like that. I noticed Caroline is very... clingy."

I flinched. I didn't want to know more, but she meant well. My shoulders felt ten times lighter now that she knows and understands why I had to let him go. The weight of a rock was lifted off my back, I felt like I could finally breathe. I nodded, with a small smile playing on my face.

"I wonder if you'd hate me if I say this..." she said, looking down at her hands on her lap. I looked at her, puzzled.

"You can tell me anything Rose."

She hesitated but then decided to go for it. "I visited the boys flat, while we were waiting for Harry he was... looking at something in his bedroom. He and Caroline were arguing before that, I could have sworn he was shouting horrible things to himself. He had something in his hand but I didn't see what."

The ring. Harry's ring, it has to be it. What else could he hold that Rose wouldn't be able to see? I looked down. Harry still thought about me. But he had someone... could it be that he regrets it? I held back my emotions, he deserved it. He chose Caroline, he chose to be with her, he should accept the good and bad that came along with her.

"Well he has Caroline to comfort him, so he'll be fine." I said, bitterly.

----------------------------------------------

May I apologize for my slow updates, I hope you all forgive me. I'm updating late today and tomorrow. i promise, i have them written. I hope you all enjoy them. thank you all for your comments, votes, and most importantly support until tomorrow. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 44.5K 26
Scarlett is abused. Abused by the only person she has left. She turns to music to help her enjoy life. But when her father disapproves of her passion...
2.3K 50 8
Mari (m-ah-ree) Sanchez was just about to close up at her working place, Starbucks, when five boys stormed in and hid under the tables. Little did sh...
630K 10.8K 69
Harry Styles is one of the students at Austin L High school , but he isn't like everyone else, he kind of runs the school, well he and his four mates...
4.8K 81 33
Kali Clair has lived in London for her whole life. She is newly 18 and lives with her only two friends, Anna and Louis Tomlinson. She met the Tomlins...