Yours

By yoursnovel

Andrew is fresh out of university. He has a reasonable education and a reasonable degree to show for it. With... More

September 27th
September 28th
September 29th
September 30th
October 1st
October 2nd
October 3rd
October 4th
October 5th
October 6th
October 7th
October 8th
October 9th
October 10th
October 11th
October 12th
October 13th
October 14th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 18th
October 19th
October 20th
October 21st
October 22nd
October 23rd
October 24th
October 25th
October 26th
October 27th
October 28th
October 30th
October 31st
November 1st
November 2nd
November 3rd
November 4th
November 5th
November 6th
November 7th
November 8th
November 9th
November 10th
November 11th
November 12th
November 13th
November 14th
November 15th
November 16th
November 17th
November 18th
November 19th
November 20th
November 21st
November 22nd
November 23rd
November 24th
November 25th
November 26th
November 27th
November 28th
November 29th
November 30th
December 1st
December 2nd
December 3rd
December 4th
December 5th
December 6th
December 7th
December 8th
December 9th
December 10th
December 11th
December 12th
December 13th
December 14th
December 15th
December 16th
December 17th
December 18th
December 19th
December 20th
December 21st
December 22nd
December 23rd
December 24th
December 25th
December 27th
December 28th
December 29th
December 30th
December 31st
January 1st
January 2nd
January 3rd
January 4th
January 5th
January 6th
January 7th
January 8th
January 9th
January 10th
January 11th
January 12th
January 13th
January 14th
January 17th
January 18th
January 19th
January 20th
January 21st
January 22nd
January 23rd
January 24th
January 25th
January 26th
January 27th
January 28th
January 29th
January 30th
January 31st
February 1st
February 2nd
February 3rd
February 4th
February 5th
February 6th
February 7th
February 8th
February 9th
February 10th
February 11th
February 12th
February 13th
December 26th

October 29th

9 0 0
By yoursnovel

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I’m so sorry. I’m really angry with myself. I’m so stupid sometimes. I’m an idiot. I don’t deserve you. Please let me explain. I hope you can understand. I really hope you didn’t need me today.

I didn’t realise the clocks had changed. I know that’s no excuse but that’s really it. I just don’t keep track of things like that. It always seems so long since it last happened I always forget it’s going to happen again. I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s a big deal when we’re going to get brighter mornings or an extra bit of sleep or anything like that.

It was so cold today. I think winter must really be here now. I guess that’s why they change the clocks. I think I don’t feel quite right either and that hasn’t helped anything. I hope I’m not getting ill. I don’t really get ill.

I didn’t have breakfast this morning. I knew I’d need to get something warm to eat at some point to keep me going. I wanted to wait until you came though to make sure I didn’t miss you.

It got to one on my watch and I started to think maybe you weren’t working today. I got a bit worried. I decided I’d walk around for a bit just to check if I could see you anywhere. I walked round the front bit of Starbucks for a while. Feeling lonely made me feel even worse and I knew I needed to get something warm inside me to calm down a bit.

I went over to Duke Street. I was walking really quickly. I nearly bumped into a bunch of people. I wasn’t feeling right. I don’t normally like eating food from over there. It was just the closest place I knew had something hot for cheap. I couldn’t face the queue in McDonalds at lunchtime.

I don’t even know which chip shop I went to on Duke Street. They all look the same to me. I swear they all have the same stuff anyway. I just went to the nearest one. All the food looked really weird. It doesn’t look like food. It can sit out for days and look exactly the same. That’s not right. I realised maybe alcohol doesn’t always make people sick. Maybe it’s the slimy kebabs they get at three in the morning that people can’t handle.

I asked for chicken and chips. It was only two pounds. The chips were soggy and stuck to the cardboard box at the bottom. The chicken was making everything so greasy it was difficult to hold. There was another lump of meat in with the chicken too. The guy said it was a free hot wing. I took a bite and it was really hot but it didn’t seem to be meat. It definitely didn’t look like a wing. I don’t like to think about what it really was. It put me off the chicken completely before I had even got to it. The chips didn’t help either. I had a few and then threw everything away. It was just making me feel worse.

There were a couple of kids in there with open cans of beer in their hands. I think they were kids but for all I know they were my age. I just feel like anyone wearing a full tracksuit looks like a kid. I’m not sure why really. It was the middle of the day though so whoever they were they should have had something better to be doing than drinking. One of them asked the guy at the counter the time and he pointed at the clock on the wall. It said it was quarter to one. I didn’t think anything of it as I just figured they probably had a broken clock.

As I was walking out I realised what might have happened. I realised what had happened. I checked my watch again. If my watch was an hour fast I might have walked out just as you were coming in. I ran back to Starbucks but I couldn’t see you anywhere. I waited around the rest of the afternoon just in case. I should have known better than to leave. I should never leave somewhere where we’re both meant to be.

I really hope you didn’t see me hurrying away towards Duke Street. I hope you didn’t think I was trying to get away. I can’t imagine how that would have looked. I’m so sorry.

I know I need to get better at keeping on top of things like that. I will. I promise. I’ll be there really early tomorrow and not leave until I’m sure that you are ok.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 160K 43
"ကျုပ်နာမည် တော်ဝင်ယောက်ျား၊အများစုကတော့ Royalလို့ခေါ်ကြပေမယ့် ခင်ဗျားကတော့ ယောက်ျားလို့ခေါ်ချင်ခေါ်ပေါ့" "မင်းးး" Zawgyi "က်ဳပ္နာမည္ ေတာ္ဝင္ေယာက္်ား...
5.2M 45.8K 56
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
228K 805 26
its all in the title babes 😋
53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!