Save You Tonight

By RedVelvetCake

Alaine Saunders has dedicated her life to Luna's restaurant. She grew up with unsupportive parents and was in... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chatper Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Chapter Twenty-Three.

2.5K 45 5
By RedVelvetCake

All today, I couldn't stop but keep hearing the gossip that's been spreading around London. All my customers today just have to participate in it. Not that I mind knowing they gossip. I know they do. It's either "So Sally went to this party and got super stoned!" or "They shut down my favorite bar just because someone was stupid enough to fight on the property." That typical kind of talk is interesting. But today's talk, is just disturbing.

It's been five days since I saw Harry with Caroline, and their romance have been splattered everywhere. All the tabloids are dying to know what is the scoop, why they decided to reconnect and how long they've been together. They obviously put on quite a show on that day. It's one thing seeing it everywhere, but hearing the different types of rumors there are is killing me. I just want to scream at anyone who wants to mention it to me.

"Alaine, could you go pick up that table?" Fredrick asked me, the boss over here.

I nodded and grabbed some cleaner and towel. I went off and tried to clean it the best I could which was surprisingly not that messy.

"So Harry is with that Flack again? Ugh, how gross." a blonde girl at the next table. I smiled. Gross indeed.

"Yeah, I cant believe it! Wasn't he with someone back at The States? When the hell did that end! I honestly liked her more, she saved his life! Caroline is nothing but an old hag. He's so young and fresh, why would he want something old and used?" a brunette across from the blonde said. I wanted to agree, so much. Laugh so hard, but I knew if I did they'd notice I was eavesdropping. I finished picking up the table and left to the counter.

"Alaine!" I turned to see Zayn whispering in shades and a grey sweater, sitting at a table. I squinted, making sure I knew it was Zayn. I went over and sat down across from him.

"Zayn?"

"Shh! Not so loud! Yes, it's me love." he said, hunching over the round table. I blinked, a little surprised he was here. He hasn't been stopping by. And where's Perrie?

"I'm sorry, what are you doing here in disguise?"

"I had to disguise myself, the tabloids are everywhere! They haven't left any of us alone for the past week. I feel a bit suffocated."

"Why? Where's Paul?"

"That's not the problem. The issue is this scandal with Harry." I flinched. Zayn don't talk to me about how happy they are because I will resort to taping your mouth shut.

"I've been hearing." I spit out.

"You don't understand how bad this is, Alaine, could you please talk to him?" he scrunched his face.

I shook my head. "Zayn you know Harry made it clear to me I wasn't important in his life the minute I saw them out of the bathroom half naked. I will not talk to him because he doesn't deserve to even have a chance. Not only did he lie to me, he did so with a past girlfriend."

"I know it hurts Alaine, but please don't forget that he loves you regardless. He hardly ever talked about Caroline, let alone let us talk about her. He wanted to forget about her completely, you helped! I've never seen him happier than he was with you. Please let him explain. I doubt he would resist you."

"Zayn no! I want him to make his own life, I don't want to get anywhere near him. I..." I choked. "I really don't want to see him. Ever again."

Zayn's pleading look faded, his head bent down. I felt sorry for him. He had to see his friend slowly change into something he doesn't like. But it isn't my fault. It's not even my problem anymore. Harry isn't a part of my life anymore and I plan on keeping it that way. The look on Zayn's face was killing me though.

"I understand Alaine, it was worth a shot. I don't want to tell Harry about you being here, now more than ever he's trying to forget about you, too." I nodded, obviously he was since the longest.

"Thank you Zayn, you don't know how your silence has helped me. I'm sorry you are sort of in the middle of all this chaos." I smile.

"More like I should be apologizing to you in Harry's behave. Oh! That reminds me, Louis has been searching for you on his own. I don't know if he's hunting you down with Harry but, he told me he was going to start contacting people to find you. He believes you're still here."

My heart sank, Louis... why are you trying to find me? "Did he say why?"

"No, he just said he really needs to talk to you."

I fidgeted with my hands, knowing Louis is looking for me is not putting me at ease. Wait, or maybe is he the footsteps I heard that night? Could he already have someone following me and they found me yesterday? Better question to it all: is he going to tell Harry all that he finds?

"When did he say this?"

Zayn squinted his eyes, analyzing my every posture, I almost felt unsafe slouch. "This morning. Are you okay? You seem so... scared."

"It's just..." Am I really going to just tell Zayn like that? Or should I keep my mouth shut. "I have been on edge since seeing Harry and... Caroline together."

He nodded his head. "We all have been. He didn't even tell us anything, that is until we went to his flat to confront him on this. All the explanation he could give us was that he needed her right now..."

I felt a stab, a very sharp dagger go straight through my entire being. To think, not to long ago I gave myself to this... this jerk! I thought he deserved to have me, but I was wrong... again. My God, when will I finally be right about a guy?! I'm such a failure, not even to others... just to myself. No wonder my parents were truly disappointed in me. They'd be more now that this has happened.

"I see. Well then I'm glad I got out of the way of their relationship." I swallowed every word, wishing I could really mean it. Zayn looked around, looking alert. "If you need to go, its okay, I'm going to be fine. Thank you, again."

"Okay Alaine. Don't forget some of us guys are actually good. Don't give up hope, your face tells it all. That golden feeling will come back when you find someone else." he stood up and kissed my forehead as he headed out the shop and merging into the crowd of people.

Zayn, you really don't get it. I don't think anyone will. It doesn't matter who else I find, if they're better than Harry or not, if they treat me like a princess or queen, my heart will ultimately belong to Harry. It may sound stupid, naïve, childish, stubborn and super crazy, but I cant make my heart just love someone who I know I will never feel the way I felt about Harry. Am I always going to suffer like this? Or will I find someone else who can hopefully help erase this remarkable boy's name off the sand dunes of my heart?

***

Walking home has been the longest drag ever, the people, the smells, everything seemed to annoy me today. Getting back to the dorm I showered and got started on my homework, ignoring everything else around me. About nine o'clock I finished and went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. I didn't feel the need to do anything else. Setting up my sheets and pillows I heard a small tap on my window. I looked over to see the shades drawn completely so nothing can be seen. I pulled back my duvet and I heard another noise from the window. A bit scared now I walked over to see what was making noise. Maybe it was a bird?

I peeked through my shades and got a bit terrified when I saw a man standing looking up directly at me. If it wasn't for the waving of the arms, trying to obviously get my attention, I would have thought he was a peeper.

"Alaine!" he shouted. It was Mark!

I opened my shades and drew open my window, even the mosquito stopper. I looked down to recognize it was him. What the hell was he doing here at this hour?! What is he thinking?! No boys are allowed to go into the dorms at all hours. Does he know that?

"Mark what are you doing here?! You're going to get in trouble!" I shouted in a low voice back.

"I came to get you. Thought you might be doing nothing and needed a little fun." he grinned.

I slowly covered myself up, realizing that I was already in my PJ's at eight thirty pm, he was right. I had nothing to do. "I cant leave now, they close the dorms at eleven, and I don't want to be stuck outside."

"Don't worry about that, just come in your PJ's and I promise to have you back before eleven. It'll be fun!"

"If I leave in my pajamas what will the people downstairs say?"

"What does it matter? But if it does to you, get down from the window, I'm right here." he stepped closer to my window, I shook my head, heights were never my thing. But maybe I could step out of here. I should go, Mark just wants to cheer me up, he wants to be my friend.

"Where are we going?" I asked, a bit more intrigued.

"Where ever you want to go. How about a nice club that I know of? Maybe go out dancing?" he grinned.

A club, don't these kids ever go out to the movies or at a nice park? Then again where did I expect for him to take me this late... I nodded and went back into my room. I slipped on some black slacks, a one sided purple shirt with some gold jewelry on my desk, and for shoes I have gold heels... but I should put them on when I get down. I brushed my hair a bit, it was wavy tonight and some mascara that made my eyelashes look long and no eyeliner needed. My bag was the first thing I threw out the window, scaring Mark as it fell to the ground.

"Can I get a heads up next time? I don't want to drop you!" he teased.

I laughed. "Sure, but let me see if I can find a way down. Catch my heels. Or better yet, avoid them!" I threw one out the window and then the other. I went back to my door and locked my door and left my reading light on, I climbed out and looked for anything to grab a hold on. There was a white pipe, attached to the building and swung my feet to grip the pipe. I left the window a bit drawn so they could think I was still up. Once I shut it enough, I quickly gripped the pipe, afraid that if I moved I would slip. I gripped the pipe with my toes and slid down slowly.

"You okay Alaine?"

"Yeah I think I go-" I slipped and the world went woozy, I yelped a bit but caught myself again. My heart felt like it was in my throat. My God what am I doing!

"Alaine I'm right here if you need me! Don't be afraid."

I took in a couple of breaths and start sliding my feet with my hands still tightly gripped on the pipe, I made it down when I felt Marks strong hands grip on my waist and help me down.

"You are such an adventure girl Alaine! I could have caught you."

"I'd rather not hurt you, I'm not as tiny as I look. I have been eating a lot." I smiled. He laughed and handed me my heels and bag. As we walked and got into his car, I realized my cheeks were cold, as were my fingertips. I didn't pay much attention to the weather but I think it shouldn't be that cold.

"I'm really glad you accepted my invitation, although it went a little crazier than I thought."

"No problem, I was going to sleep anyway. I don't have much to do now a days." I looked out the window and stared out at the beautiful moon tonight.

"I don't mean to pry but, weren't you happily settled in America with your boyfriend?"

I felt a huge sting, I didn't think he'd bring it up. I didn't think anyone would bring it up, again. I felt bad, to this day, about how I had to call Mark and end things the way I had to. I should have expected him bringing up Harry though, I did come here unexpectedly and alone.

"I was."

"Ah, I see. Would it be odd to say that I'm glad you came alone?"

I looked over at him, he had the biggest grin on his face, almost as if he knew I had noted what he meant. I felt my cheeks heat up. "I suppose not..." I said, barely above a whisper. I felt some awkwardness hit the air and I started to fidget in my seat when we pulled up to the club. The ballet boy took the car keys and drove off with it, the inside was incredible.

There were neon lights, music vibrating off the walls, and the people were all in unison with the music, dancing and doing dance offs. We were seated near a balcony, where everything looked mystical and unreal. I set my bag down and slid myself inside the booth.

"How about some drinks?" he offered.

I nodded and added. "I don't know how alcohol tastes like so Pepsi for me yeah?"

He nodded and left. I fiddled with my phone a bit and then I looked out to the dance floor. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. I wondered if maybe one day I could be those care free type of people.

"Here you go Alaine." Mark said, coming back with our drinks.

"Thanks, great place." I sipped my Pepsi and looked around. We started to talk about how fun it was to be here sneakily. I laughed along with the jokes he was making.

"Hey, you want to dance?" he asked, enthusiastically.

"Dance? I don't think I know how to." I said nervously. No one has really taught me how to dance. Luna tried to but after she passed away I gave up all those things. I focused on building her business in her honor. God I miss her.

"It's easy come on, I'll teach you." he said getting up and pulling on my arm. I shook my head, afraid I might embarrass myself out there in front of people.

"No really Mark I'm fine."

"Alaine you'll love swaying to the music, just please give it a chance."

I reluctantly accepted and walked with him down to the dance floor. He started moving right away, just inches from the crowd. He started swinging his hips in motion with the music, a lot of people started to notice him and starred while dancing themselves. Although I noticed his eyes never left mine.

I laughed at he started inching towards me, not wanting to join. He grabbed my hand though, and he brought me close and was talking in my ear.

"Move your feet first. Watch as I do."

I looked down to his shoes, where they were moving to, in a pattern. Right, right, left, left, and repeat. I mimicked his steps and he grew a smile on his face.

"That's great! Now, this isn't rocket science but you have to swing your hips. Almost as if you forget you have a bone structure, attempt to make the center of your body move in a sensual way." he said in my ear again.

I tried to but I felt like I was doing it stiffly. He laughed and I heard more laughter from the crowd, my cheeks flushed and all I wanted to do was stop. When I stopped moving my feet and backing away, Mark pulled me closer and kept his focus on me. His steady gaze made my whole being want to hold it completely in place.

He placed his hands on my waist and moved my hips for me, I felt a weird sensation run up my upper body and I moved my feet with his, he shook his hips while my hands laid resting on his shoulders. He let go, eyes still glued on mine and twirled me, I stopped and my hips were still moving to the music. He twirled me around him and pulled me close to him and we moved our hips in unison, our feet stepping away, I felt my hip movements get sharper.

People were shouting, cheering, hollering and began to join in, not making us the center of attention which strangely we were after sometime. We danced with everyone around us, except it felt like we were the only two dancing. He spun me and everyone parted to see how we both danced and he dipped me to end the song. The whistling and clapping began and seemed to be never ending. I was breathing pretty hard and he was too, but his eyes were still on me.

He brought me back up, smiling and walked me out of the dance floor with applause. We went near the bar and he ordered two Pepsi's.

"But Mark, we have some at the table?" I pointed back at our booth.

"Alaine, once you leave your drink behind never touch it again, remember that. Going clubbing is fun and all but lets be safe about it." he handed me a new Pepsi. I sipped along, blushing a little.

"You were great out there by the way." he said.

"I didn't know I could do that, you did most of the work." I smiled.

He laughed. "As much credit I would love to take, you continued. You catch on pretty quick. It was entertaining."

My blood felt like it went numb, the thought of him watching me do something I had never done and liking it, my heart almost felt like dropp-

"I agree, you were entertaining."

My breath caught, my eyes felt dizzy as I knew a hundred percent what was going on. I quickly snap my head over to the voice that boomed into my thoughts. His mess of curls, his vibrant green eyes, his scent almost took over me as I saw Harry standing there in a blazer and white tee, his pants giving his structure. I would have not been able to stand up if it wasn't for Caroline who came to view, taking Harry's arm.

I felt Mark tense up as he saw I no longer had any attention on him. To make matters worse, an all too familiar voice came into hearing range.

"Laney?" Louis spoke, surprised.

The quiff, and Liam were right behind them, girlfriends in hand. To think my whole day was suppose to make me feel better. To think, it wasn't already bad enough I had to face my most dreaded fear with these guys, Niall came around, holding someone's hand as well.

"Alaine! Oh my gosh what are you doing here?!" Rose came rushing from behind Louis, letting go of Niall's hand. She engulfed me in a huge bear hug, excited to see me out. It was almost as if God Himself, hated me.

---------------------------------------------

I want to thank everyone for there encouragement because honestly, i wouldnt be writing without all your awesome feedback, thanks for the votes, comments, & fanning i have a long weekend so expect updates, i have great ideas so be prepared, thank you all once again! might to another update tonight but i have to start all this damn homework >.< thank you all so much! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 7.4K 26
Niall Horan was a normal 15 year old boy. He was on the football team and had tons of friends. But, all of that changes for him when he's walking hom...
3.9K 81 29
Stella a regular girl who turns 19, lives in USA but before she left for USA she lived in Doncaster her best friend Louis was one of the people she h...
2.4K 48 52
Lauren was a normal 18 year old, working in a bar and living with her best friend Emily, but one spa weekend flipped their normal lives upside down
234K 11.9K 27
Sometimes people are just drawn to each other, no matter who they are and how they know them. It's chemistry and sometimes it can end as an experimen...