Dark Pasts, Bright Futures [K...

By lxmosstories

[book 1/3] Once she was just a regular girl who went to the Galaxy Garrison with her best friend, her sister... More

Chapter 1: The White Paladin
Chapter 2: Team Work?
Chapter 3: His Memories Of Pigtails
Chapter 4: She Said He Was Cute
Chapter 6: Goofy And Serious
Chapter 7: Feelings
Chapter 8: Poisoned
Chapter 9: Stubborn
Chapter 10: Rescue
Chapter 11: Oh, Dear Sister
Chapter 12: How To Comfort..
Chapter 13: Greening The Cube
Chapter 14: In The Eye Of The Storm
Chapter 15: The Ark Of Taujeer
Chapter 16: Shopping
Chapter 17: Visions Of Her
Chapter 18: Plans Against Evil
Chapter 19: The Battle Against Zarkon
Chapter 20: Getting Closer To Him
Chapter 21: The Past Catches Up
Chapter 22: Slowdancing
Chapter 23: The Hunted
Chapter 24: Hole In The Sky
Chapter 25: Tailing A Comet
Chapter 26: Will There Ever Be An 'Us'?
Chapter 27: What A Show
Chapter 28: Naxzela
Chapter 29: They Have A History
Chapter 30: Kral Zera
Chapter 31: Avrigg's Lost Days
Chapter 32: Monsters And Mana
Chapter 33: Bloodlines
Chapter 34: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Is This The End?
Chapter 37: A Battle Of Life Or Death
Chapter 38: Defender Of All Universes
Chapter 39: The Luckiest In The Universe
Chapter 40: The Road Home
Chapter 41: The Feud!
Chapter 42: The Ruins
Chapter 43: The Journey Within
Chapter 44: A Shocking Arrival At Earth
Chapter 45: Everything Went Wrong
Chapter 46: Q&A and fun facts (extra)
Chapter 47: Attitude Much?
Chapter 48: Lion's Pride
Chapter 49: Launch Date
Chapter 50: Entirely Consumed By Love [LEMON]
Chapter 51: Dilemma
Chapter 52: Battle Scars
Chapter 53: The Grudge
Chapter 54: Genesis
Chapter 55: Day Forty-Seven
Chapter 56: Clearday
Chapter 57: A Piece Of Her Past
Chapter 58: Uncharted Regions
Chapter 59: The Defining Battle
Chapter 60: Goodbye For Now
Chapter 61: Night Terrors
Chapter 62: The Day She Met Her Father
Chapter 63: The Proposal
Chapter 64: Allura Day
Chapter 65: The Terrors Of Planet Draozuno
Chapter 66: What If
Chapter 67: The Wedding
Chapter 68: A New Addition
Chapter 69: A Magical Gala
Chapter 70: Badgelor Party
Chapter 71: A Day To Remember
Chapter 72: Happiness Within Months
Chapter 73: Life Goes On
Chapter 74: Luri and Paul
AUTHORS NOTE
Memes
Unseen art pt 1
Unseen art pt 2
Art compilation 1
Art compilation 2
Art compilation 3
Art compilation 4
Quiz for the readers
Extra
Vote

Chapter 5: Best Friends

4.7K 98 9
By lxmosstories

"And voltron was victorious!" The king announced as five little Arusians dropped on the ground, "I said; voltron was victorious."
The five Arusians got back up, stacking on top of one another and now the others fell, the Arusians displayed the battle between Voltron and the Robeast in their own way as everyone started cheering.
"You know we should really have a cheer," Hunk suggested.
"Like what?" Maisey asked.
"Oh you know," Lance began, "when I say Vol, you say?"
It remained quiet untill Keith answered with a questioning look on his face: "Vol-tron....?"
"No, no, no, the cheer instructs it," Lance tried again, "when I say vol, you say?"
"Voltron.?" Keith clearly didn't understand it.
"Ah, we'll work on it," Lance said as he took a sip of his drink.
Keith turned to face Maisey, clearly not understanding what he was doing wrong in that cheer.
"It's no big deal," Maisey shrugged.
"Ugh, Coran what is this?" Lance asked Coran after he took a sip from his drink and spat it out all over the floor.
"Ah, it's Nunvil," Coran answered casually.
"It tastes like wet dog and feet," Lance said with a frown upon his face.
"Yes, it's also great for the hair," Coran said as he took some on his fingers to spray it in his mustache, however Lance looked like he could throw up any second now.
"Is it that bad?" Maisey asked confused.
"Taste yourself," Lance offered his Nunvil to her, she took the cup.
"Wait, you're just going to drink from his cup?" Keith asked confused.
"Why not?" Maisey questioned.
"He drank from it already," Keith said confused.
"I grew up with Lance, we even shared a bottle of milk when we were little," Maisey shrugged.
"Yeah, I think my mom has that on camera, everytime I took a sip, I gave the bottle to her and vise versa," Lance chuckled.
Maisey shrugged, to her it was no big deal, she took a sip of the Nunvil and understood what Lance meant. The Nunvil tasted disgusting, bitter and it left a burning like sensation on her tongue, which was very unpleasant.
She coughed it out.
"This is quiznak in a cup," Maisey said, Lance chuckled as he took the cup back, "I'm gonna get some fresh air."
She walked away from the guys to go outside, when she saw Shiro.
"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked him.
"Oh, I am keeping my guard up," Shiro grinned, "I don't like that everyone can just walk in."
"You're probably right," Maisey shrugged.
"You think so?" He asked.
"Sure, you're Shiro, you're probably right most times," she said, it made Shiro smile, "let's just hope you're not right this time."
"Let's hope," he repeated before he turned his glaze to the ground, "I'm sorry we haven't been able to search for your sister."
"That's fine, last time was a dead end anyway," Maisey said, "maybe with time we can pick up some clues."
"You know, Avrigg told me a lot about you, I can't believe I didn't recognize you right away," Shiro said.
"Can you blame yourself? You have been imprisoned and tortured, you've lost most of your memories of it and besides, my sister and I are two very different people, in personality and looks," Maisey said, "she told me a lot about you as well, I wanted to meet you but you were busy breaking records, I did get to meet Adam once or twice."
"You've met Adam?" Shiro's eyes flashed open, the mentioning of his boyfriend appeared to freak him out a little.
"Yeah, he came by for dinner once, I like him a lot he's somewhat kind and straight to the point," Maisey said, "and after the Kerberos mission, we kind of grew closer since we understood the situation we were both in. He misses you a lot."
"I miss him too," Shiro whispered and he glanced down.
Maisey placed a hand on his shoulder for support, the two smiled before Shiro decided to take some fresh air outside. Maisey decided to go back to the boys, but she noticed Lance was missing and she couldn't help but worry for her friend.
"Where is Lance?" She asked Hunk.
"I think he got a little homesick and went up the stairs," Hunk explained.
Maisey nodded and started looking for him right away.
She found him on the bridge with Coran, they just got up ready to leave.
"Hey, Hunk told me you were homesick, are you allright?" She asked as she brushed his arm.
He sighed.
"I just miss Earth, my mom, everything," Lance said, "but I know that I have to do this."
"They'll be proud of you," Maisey said, "I get that you're homesick, we all are, but by ending Zarkon's reign you are protecting them.. you're keeping them safe from this war and that's what matters."
Lance nodded. She hoped that would make him feel a little better at least.
"Come on, let's drink some more of that feet water," Lance said with a goofy smile.
They made their way out untill Rover flew in, a Galra drone that Pidge had hacked.
"Hey Rover," Lance and Maisey said in unison.
Lance walked further, Maisey behind him and Coran infront, until he realised something.
"But where is Pidge?" He questioned out loud, he turned around and realised it was a bomb.
"Maisey, watch out!" Lance screamed and he jumped on top of her.
Before she hit the ground everything went black.

"It's amazing!" Lance screamed as he jumped in the spaceship that Maisey and Lance had made out of boxes.
"Yeah, we did a great job!" Maisey said, "where are we going captain?"
"Actually, they are called commanders or officers," Avrigg said as she sat on the lounge in the garden.
"Well, I call him captain," eight year old Maisey shrugged as she sat behind Lance who was the 'captain' of the spaceship.
Avrigg rolled her eyes as she had gotten used to her sister's stubborness.
"We are going to an Alien planet!" Lance said, "I call it the planet of Dazzle!"
"The planet of Dazzle?" Maisey questioned.
"Yeah, you know, razzle-dazzle?" Lance asked. Maisey shrugged.
The boxes were placed on little wheels, there were holes in the floor of the spaceship where their feet could touch the ground, making it possible for the two friends to walk around in their spaceship.
"And this spaceship is the McClegan spaceship," Maisey said and Avrigg bursted out in laughter.
"What's so funny?" Maisey asked slightly offended.
"You combined your last names?" Avrigg asked.
"Yeah, that's our team name," Lance replied, "one day we are going to space together."
"Yeah, team McCleagan in space," Maisey added, "we should make a tv show out of it."
"Yeah!" Lance said, "but first we are going to the planet of Dazzle in the McClegan ship!"
The two ran but lost control and bumped into the wall.
"I think you need an engineer," Avrigg said throughout her chuckles.
"We're gonna do such a great things as team McClegan you will never dare to giggle at us," Maisey said.
"I'm sure you will," Avrigg said as she continued her homework for the Garrison once spring break was done.
Lance and Maisey high fived and went inside to watch a movie not wanting to fix their now broken spaceship.

"Oh no, the crystal!" Allura said, untill she saw Lance and Maisey lay on the ground unconscious.
"Lance! Maisey!" Allura and the others wanted to make their way to them, but Keith bumped right through them without warning, he almost trembled over his own feet as he made his way towards Maisey.
Allura noticed something by the look on his face when he took the girl in his arms, she slowly woke up, Lance clearly got most of the blast.
"Keith?" She coughed, "what happened?"
"A bomb," he answered softly, he still held onto her.
"Lance!" She shot right up out of his arms and looked at her unconscious friend, she crawled her way to him but halfway there she lost consciousnes again, Keith caught her just in time before she could hit her head on the ground.
"They have to be taken to the healing pod," Keith said.
"But without the crystal there is no power in the Castle," Allura answered.
Keith grunted angered as he held onto Maisey really tightly. Her head in the crook of his neck.
"Help! Our village is under attack!" The king shrieked.
"Wait," Keith sneered to the king. He had no time for that now, he had to take care of Maisey.
"So you are not going to help?" The king asked.
"Hunk you and I are getting a crystal on the balmera," Coran said.
"You can use my pod," Pidge said.
"I will go and help the villagers." Allura said.
"Keith, go with her," Shiro said as he held Lance, "I will take care of Maisey and Lance."
"What? No.. I can't," Keith stammered as he looked from Shiro to Maisey.
"Go, Keith!" Shiro said stern. He didn't understand why he wanted to help Maisey so badly, he didn't even understand why he cared so much more about her wellbeing then with the others. All of that seemed to be done on instinct yet he ad no clue why that was.
"Ugh, fine," Keith grunted, he layed Maisey down on the floor, very carefully before he followed Allura to the village.

"I don't get it, Maisey never fights.. she is always kind and doesn't use violence as a solution," her mother explained, "what did she do according to you?"
"She punched Frankie," the teacher said. Maisey sat on the chair besides her mother in the teacher's office, her arms folded as she glared at her teacher.
"Is that true?" Her mother asked her disturbed.
"Yes," she answered.
"Why?"
"He hurted Lance's feelings, he wanted to bully Lance," Maisey said, "so I made sure that he wouldn't even dream of it."
"Maisey, you punched him six times hard enough to break his nose," the teacher said.
"And now he will think six times before he tries bullying him again," Maisey scoffed. Why didn't these people understand?
"Maisey, you can't just punch people if they hurt your best friend," her mother explained.
"According to Avrigg, I can," Maisey said, "she knows what she's talking about. The two of you don't."
"Don't give me that attitude," the teacher and her mother said.
"You should've told Frankie that before I punched him six times," Maisey scoffed, "he had been bullying Lance, it hurted Lance and I made sure that it ended.. if someone should be in this office it's Frankie."
"He didn't punch anyone-."
"No, he kicked Lance," Maisey said, "maybe you should be paying more attention in your own class."
"I have had this same conversation with Lance several months ago when Ivy and Trevor bullied you, and I am going to have the same conversation with you," the teacher said, "violence is not the solution."
"I'm pretty sure it is right now," Maisey said, "now everyone will know to not mess with McClegan."
"I'm so sorry, she usually never does this," her mother said.
"I know, she is one of the best students with the highest grades."
"Yeah, so is Frankie, but high grades don't make you a good person, how you treat others does and in Frankie's case it wasn't good," Maisey said.
"And you were?"
"Yes."

She slowly opened her eyes, she was somewhere else, Lance beside her and she heard someone fighting. Everything seemed like a blur as she forced herself to get up despite the rising pain in her body.
She stood up and saw Shiro fighting Sendak. She quickly took Lance's arm around her neck and tried to escape with him.
She needed help, so she followed her instinct.
"Keith!" She screamed desperate, "Keith! I need your help!"
Every muscle in her body hurted, but she wasn't going to let go of her friend. Never.
"Keith, please," she cried out. She didn't know or understand why she kept calling for Keith, maybe it was because she was quite disorientated or because she just really needed Keith right now but she called for him. She felt comfortable around Keith so maybe that's why.
However Shiro and Sendak bumped in on her while they were fighting and she fell onto the ground with Lance.
Another Galra soldier came to Lance and Maisey.
She got her bayard and pointed the spear at him.
"Don't you touch him!" She said as she slowly got up, ready to fight this Galra guy.
"You are never going to win stupid girl," the Galra guy said.
"We'll see."
She started fighting the Galra, but she was still very weakened and the Galra got the upperhand very quickly, he kicked her bayard away and knocked her out.

"It was a distraction! We have to get back to the Castle!" Keith screamed, he did not wait for Allura as he sprinted as fast as he could towards the castle but he didn't make it in time as the particle barrier appeard, "Ugh, no!"
He punched the particle barrier several times, outraged but nothing special happened.
"You really do care for her, don't you?" Allura asked while she catched her breath.
"No, I don't," he sneered quickly, he did not understand what was going on with him around Maisey but it wasn't caring about her, "I just hate this."
He kicked it again, Allura knew he cared, and she knew that Maisey cared for him as well.

"Hunk, what are you doing here? You should be a chef," Maisey said as she ate the delicious food that Hunk offered them.
Lance nodded in agreement as he swallowed it.
"It's amazing man," he said.
"Aw, well thank you guys," Hunk said with a smile on his face.
"Hey, Maisey.. we should get to class," James said once he arrived at their table in the Garrison cafetaria.
"I'll be there in a sec, I just gotta finish this James," she said as she continued to eat her food.
However she noticed how Lance was shooting her judgemental glares.
"So, on first name basis, are we now, eh?" He asked as he quirked a brow.
"Yeah, he's not that bad," Maisey shrugged.
"The only thing that James and I have in common that is good is our dislike for mullet Kogane," Lance said.
"I don't believe he's that bad either," Maisey said casually.
"You don't believe that about anyone," Lance added, "you're all sunshines and rainbows."
"Don't forget the unicorns," she added as she looked at her watch, "Hunk, we gotta go."
Lance's face fell, he was a cargo pilot and didn't share the same piloting classes as Hunk and Maisey.
"Hey, you'll get there, and when you do the Garrison is going to be sorry for ever thinking you're just a cargo pilot," she placed her hand on his shoulder as he sighed in disbelief, "it just takes a little longer for you... but that's fine. You'll get there, I believe in you with all my heart."
He nodded and packed his bag, he walked off in the opposite direction.
"He discourages himself," Hunk said as the two watched him walk away.
"Yeah, if he only knew how great he really is," she sighed, feeling sad for her friend.
"Like you said, it just takes a little longer," Hunk added, "you know, I think I'm going to steal a calzone tonight."
"I'll join in on that," Maisey smiled upon her friend.

When she woke up again she saw Pidge walking towards them.
"Pidge?" She asked as she tried to sit straight.
"Maisey," Pidge said, "Shiro, wake up."
But before anything else could happen Sendak grabbed Pidge with his enormous robot arm and threw her across the room.
Pidge grunted in pain, unable to fight him off and that's when Keith and Allura walked in.
"Keith!" She shouted relieved, she smiled at him as he started fighting Sendak with Pidge.
Shiro then got up and tried to fight as well, but Sendak punched him away and he fell against Maisey. Pidge however managed to cut him and Lance had shot his arm off but lost consciousness right after, Keith managed to kick Sendak to his crystal where he would be locked in.
After that Keith ran towards Maisey, who was in pretty bad shape still.
"Let's get you healed," he said as he wanted to carry her up, but she shook her head.
"First Lance," she demanded.
"But.."
"First Lance," she said but with more power in her voice.
Keith nodded and went to Lance, however she fell away again.

When she slowly woke up again she realised that Keith was carrying her. Her head in the crook of his neck, some of his dark hair tickled on her cheek, she smiled however, it was calming.
"Thank you," she whispered.
"For what?" He asked her confused.
"For coming when I needed you," she said as she slowly started losing consciousness again.
Keith appeard to be flabbergasted by her words, they made his heart raise, she needed him. Maybe he needed her too, because even if he didn't like to admit it, he hadn't been so worried before as in that moment when he cradled her in his arms right after the bomb was sent off.
"From now on I will be there when you need me," he said softly, but Maisey however had fallen asleep, "even if you don't know it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 39 14
Voltron: Legendary Defender Fanfiction Keith x Reader REWRITTEN VERSION It all started when (Y/n) and her older brother, Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane we...
64.3K 1.9K 19
They lost. Voltron lost. 10,000 years ago, Altea lost. Now they have a chance to fight again, to win. They had to win. To win meant to survive. Woke...
216K 4.7K 35
[First ever book I wrote on here so it's real cringy.] What if Voltron wasn't created by King Alfor or Zarkon? But a girl from an unknown world? She...
1.5K 49 20
Keith had always been different. He always avoided as much contact with people as possible. Even as a Paladin of Voltron, he never tried to connect w...