Getting Closer To My Mate

By fspinkey

Zach, the alpha werewolf, finds out that his mate is a human and she is far away from his beautiful imaginati... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter- 42
Chapter- 43
Chapter- 44
Chapter- 45
Chapter 46
Chapter- 47
Chapter- 48
Chapter- 49
Chapter- 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter- 53
Chapter- 54
Chapter- 55
Chapter- 56
Chapter- 57
Chapter- 58
Chapter- 59
Chapter- 60

Chapter 38

832 34 9
By fspinkey

-Nathan-

Fima always tries to not show her happiness and excitement about this marriage but fails every time. First few days, she kinda showed off her engagement ring. Now she tries to keep it in a safe place. Zach and Fima never go on a date without a third wheel. They bicker more than before but they both sem to enjoy it, especially Fima. She's such a weirdo!

Fima is looking gloomy and anxious for the past few days. She's trying to convince her parents but I think her parents do not like her wedding with a foreign boy.

"Hey! Cheer up, girl!"

She looks at me gloomily and shows a gloomy smile.

"Did you talk to your parents today?"

Fima nods.

"Are they still against it? Did you have fight?" I ask anxiously.

"Yeah." She looks elsewhere to hide her tears. "I just don't get it. Why am I getting married to him? My parents are not allowing it. Shouldn't I obey my parents? Without their blessing, we'll never be happy." She sniffs. "Nobody knows what I actually feel, what I actually want. Is it too bad to marry him? Didn't you say that if I refused him in front of everyone, it would bring him shame? I told my parents that too. But they do not understand me."

I sigh inside. She's babbling again. Most of her talks are contradictory nowadays.

"Fima, I told you to accept that time. That time was very important. He was declared as the head of this locality and he proposed in front of everyone. But you can refuse him now, you know? If you feel so much troubled by your parent's comments or you feel so much insecure about our leader, you can refuse him anytime... you know?"

She looks at me with wide eyes. Her chin trembles and tears fall down from her eyes.

Argh!

She's surely our Luna and is so much attached to Zach. Her presence is pressuring me and my heart.

She pushes me hard and I fall on my back. "Nathan, you too don't get it. You too don't know how I feel. Don't talk to me."

"Fima, why can't you be honest with your feelings? You never express what you really feel. You never go on date with Zach alone. You always push him away. If don't say anything clearly, we never know it. C'mon!"

She stands stiff looking at the ground. I say to her again, "Hey! I'm your friend. You can tell me. I know that you li..."

"Shhh! don't say it loudly. I am afraid, Nathan; so afraid. What if this engagement won't work? What if this marriage never works? What if I'm happy about this wedding today but tomorrow morning Zach calls off this engagement? What if, I say what I feel clearly and next day I find another woman on Zach's bed with Zach? What will happen to me and my heart? Moreover my parents aren't allowing me to marry a man from different culture, different belief. What if their lack of blessing brings my worst nightmare into reality?"

I hear her worries for the first time and realize how stressed she is now thinking something weird and unrealistic stuffs. 

Does every girl become this weird worrying about their marriage? Or is it only my friend who is getting weird? 

I feel pity for her. Suddenly she falls on her knees grabbing her head and the next moment she falls on ground. Her hands are moving here and there on the ground to grasp the dead grasses and she's trying to inhale hard.

"Fima!" I think she's having something like panic attack... or... or... I don't know whatever it is but she needs to be taken care of now. I take her into my arms and run to the clinic. "Fima! Fima! It's ok. Try to get relax. Okay? Breathe normally. Everything's okay."

"Wh-where's my ring?" she's getting more stressed.

"You hang it around your neck with a chain, remember? Just relax."

Seeing Fima's condition, Doctor gives her drugs to fall asleep. While she's sleeping, Zach reaches the clinic.

"What happened to her? How's she now?" He asks in a worried tone.

"She's just a little bit stressed due to the marriage thing, I guess. Doctor gave her some drugs. She'll be fine when she wakes up."

Zach presses his temples of his forehead and sighs. "She's behaving in a strange way since we got engaged. I don't get it. Why's her thinking pattern so different? Why's she like this?"

"Well, you should keep in mind that both of you have been brought up in two different environments with two different beliefs and cultures. In fact, we all should keep in mind that fact. Since you got engaged, we all, including you, are thinking that why she is like this... like um.. so different, her thoughts and behave are so strange, Why she's not prepared to know our truth. But have we ever thought how she feels about us? Do our acts, behavior and thoughts not seem alien to her? Have we ever thought like this?"

Zach is staring at me strangely. Mrs. Dasan, Nelson and Emilia have arrived to the clinic too. They heard too what I said. I grab Zach's shoulder, "Just think in that way. Give your relationship some time and space. Respect her and accept her as just the way she is. I think everything'll be fine then." I walk to Emilia and Mrs. Dasan walks to Zach.

"That's right, Zach. Every relation needs some time to bloom. And you are from two different worlds. One is a werewolf and another one is an ordinary human from a far away country. So you both need to give a lot of efforts, dear." says Mrs. Dasan affectionately.

Nelson says, "When are you planning to tell her about our truth, Zach? Isn't the sooner the better?"

"I don't know when I can tell her. Each time I plan or try to tell her, there come some obstacles. I just can't gather my courage I don't know why. Even my wolf is avoiding the matter. Sirius is afraid to let our mate know about our truth. And now she's stressed as her parents are not allowing her to marry me. In this situation, I don't know how she'll react if she knows everything." Zach says gloomily.

"I got it, buddy. Now, let's wait and see what happens." Nelson pats Zach's shoulder.

I and Emilia take our leave from there.

-Zach-

It took five hours for Fima to wake up. I send mom and Nelson to their places. Nelson will take care of my works today. When Fima wakes up she looks here and there and then looks at me. "Zach, where are we?"

"We are at the clinic. How are you feeling now?"

She looks at the window. "Yeah I'm fine. Where's my phone?"

I give it to her. She takes the phone and sees the time. "It's 10. Zach, I need to talk to my family. So I need to be alone."

"Is it necessary now to make call? You're already this much stressed. Your body is not well. I don't even see you doing your morning exercise nowadays."

"I'm missing my morning exercises for few days. I just can't sleep at night well. That's why I wake up late in the morning totally exhausted. Now I need to do something. I need to call my family. Zach, wait outside, please."

I shrug and come out of the room. I'm so worried about her. I don't know how to handle her issues. I feel helpless. I can hear she is getting excited and her voice is rising. She might be having another fight with her parents. I need to take care of her. Just as Nathan said, I need to think keeping myself in her shoes. After some time she calls me in.

"Zach, how about we get married on summer? We first met in summer, didn't we? One year has passed in the blink of eyes." She sighs.

I keep my hand on her hand. "Are you sure? Did your parents allow?"

"I have told them my decision. I'll take responsibility of my decision. But you have to take me to my country just after we get married." Fima says.

"Yeah, sure. I'll take you to your parents. I'll show them that I am the best match for their daughter. It's already the end of December. We have only three months for the preparation. There's a lot to do. And you need to get well fast. Do some exercise and control your diet. You seriously need to lose some weight, you know?" I wink at her.

She frowns. "Okay, okay. I know it. It's not like I'm going to jump into your arms and you have to carry me. I'll lose my weight so that I look beautiful in my wedding outfit." 

I grin and inform Nelson to start the preparation of our wedding through mind link. I hear him whimpering, 'more work! I am done! By the way, congratulations, bud!'

Our time passes like this.

ATTENTION:

Hey! Great News! I am publishing my paranormal romance novella 'Forever, My Dear Ghost' on 01 March 2022. It's available for pre-order on Amazon, Kobo and many other platforms. Type the link mentioned in the picture, read the brief description and select your favorite shop to place your order.

* Pre-order campaign is going on up to 01 March 2022. You can get your copy @ $0.99 only. So hurry up.

** Sign up my newsletter and stay updated. Many exciting news is on the way. Just type: www.fspinkey.com

* If you want to review my book on any platform like Amazon, Instagram, Twitter, blog or anything, fill in the form on my website and get a free ARC (Advance Reader's Copy).

Thank you all. It all happened because of your love F. S. Pinkey

(I know I'm getting irregular in updating new chapters. Things happens and I'm getting busy with a lot of stuffs. This chapter is not great but not bad also, I guess. Please, comment on my book. So that I feel motivated again to produce some great chapter and improve my writings. 

Thanks for your love and continuous support with patience. Lots of love- Fspinkey)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 475 23
Megan living the 'normal' life of a werewolf. When she's forced to move into the pack house with her best friend she meets new friends, enemies, and...
13.3K 685 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...
16.9M 563K 29
A world where humans despise werewolves not because they know them personally but because their fear of them. Stella Morgan is just a regular 20 year...
202K 6.1K 30
Humans and werewolves just don't mix right? What happens when you find out that you're the Alphas Human Mate? Your world gets turned upside down... "...