The Opposite Of Good

By JasriienJordan

#13 - teen fiction [26/09/19] Amara Hart is a teenage girl living with her abusive uncle. Her life was tragic... More

[1] The Beginning
[2] Bad Boy's 'Space'
[3]Ben
[4]Torn
[5]Hide your pain
[6]My Worst Nightmare.
[7]Why do you care?
[8]Dinner
[8.5]Pain
[9]Gone
[10] Keep up with the façade.
[11] The last straw
[12] Salvation
[13] By my side
[14] Beginnings
[15] Outdoors
[16] Havoc
[17] Havoc 2
[18] Return
[19] High Over The Speed Limit
[20] Put Me In A Cage
[21] Pasta Takeaways
[22] 3am Promises
[23] Next To Me
[24] Conflicted
[25] The Hide Is Over
[26] With me
[27] Greater Lengths
[28] UG
[29] Realize
[30] Midnight Embraces
[31] Invited
[32] Party
[33] Heavy
[34] Morning After Thoughts
[35] Unsure
[36] Avoidance
[37] Unpleasent
[38] Time
[39] The Truth
[40] Toxic
[41] Jet Black Heart
[42] Beach Sights
[43] Plan
[44] For You
[45] Happier
[46] Worry List
[47] Have to
[48] Forget
[49] Away
[50] Requisite
[51] Moving Along
[52] See you again
[53] Finally Enough
[54] Overwhelmed
[55] Bitter Relief
[56] Back To You
[57] For just being you
[58] Unforseen
[59] Past
[60] Lost
[61] Fantasized
[62] Nicknames
[63] Unconvinced
[64] Unanswered
[65] Darkness
[67] Emotional
[68] Mine
[69] Slipping away
[70] Recovery
[71] Hot in my hospital room
[72] Intruders
[73] Panic attacks and pubs
[74] Regret
[75] Un-lost Cause
[76] Let Go
[77] Imperfect
[78] Vow
[79] Paper full of ink
[80] Jail Visits
[81] Phonecall
[82] Different versions of emptiness
[83] Our love was ill-fated by destiny
E P I L O G U E
O T H E R S T O R I E S

[66] Needs Me

1.9K 59 0
By JasriienJordan

[Justin's P.O.V]

I shot her!

I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to shoot Amara...why can't I not hurt her?

My heart was beating fast as I processed what was happening right in front of me.

My head felt incredibly dizzy with all the rushed movements going on. I couldn't move as I watched the trained people running out of the motel with a bloody body on top of the stretcher, saying things to each other that I didn't understand.

I was frozen, all I seemed to be able to do was bring my hands to the back of my head, still not believing that everything that happened actually happened. It was like a scene ripped out of a movie and put to slow motion, paramedics rushing the unconscious Amara into the back of the ambulance and others pulling a body covered by a black plastic out.

All I seemed to be able to do was stand there along with many other people, watching in the blue and red ambulance lights that were flashing in the night.

I didn't know how I felt, I blamed myself. Of course I did. I am the one responsible for all of this even though my original intentions were to save her. The thought alone brings a sick and nauseated twist to my stomach that I'm starting to feel really sick.

Thinking about it made me feel worse than I already did. I didnt understand the kind of game fate was playing with me.

Is this a punishment of some sort? But why did it have to be HER!? Why did it have to be her when I fucking love her?

I felt even more guilty when I thought about how Amara only agreed to go with Bianca solely because of me.

"I'm doing this for you. Just give me about an hour and I promise I'll be back."

She wanted to get Bianca to stop the shit she was up to. She wanted to help me to get Bianca out of our lives for good.

She said she promised to be back but she never came back to me. This had to happen and the universe had to make me be the one to shoot her when all I ever wanted to do was save her. The gun that was pressed against her temple by Bianca made me see red.

"Justin!" I hear someone call but I don't even bother to see who it is or reply.

Instead, I find myself walking towards the ambulance as it was about to take off. "I'm going with her!" I tell, more like yell at the paramedic who was about to close the door. He looks at me as if waiting for further explanation. "I'm her boyfriend, I'm going with her."

"I'm afraid you can't sir." I turn around and see a police officer. A very negative overwhelms me as I looked at him.

"W-what?"

"Justin Hazard, you're under arrest for the murder of Mr Benjamin Hart and also the attempted murder of Ms Amara Hart. You have a right to..."

I don't even listen to the shit he said after mentioning the attempted murder. Attempted murder!? Are these people kidding me!? I was not trying to kill my girlfriend, that's insane!

"What no! She's my girlfriend and shooting her was a mistake I swear! As for Ben, that was defence for Amara. He was going to shoot her so I had to help her!" I yell in one breath as another cop started forcefully handcuffing me.

"You'll have to explain all that at the station Mr Hazard. You see maybe if you were a first time offender, we would hear you out."

I felt myself being dragged away as I tried explaining over and over again what happened...why they should not even arrest me.

My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest as I watched the ambulance take off and race down the street with my Amara inside, getting further away from me with each passing second.

Things were never supposed to be this way. Ever.

***

I was pissed.

I hated that they kept me here at the station when Amara needed me at the hospital.

She's fighting for her fucking life when I'm stuck behind bars. I'm supposed to be with her right now.

"Justin Hazard, the detective wants to see you." A policeman announced as he opened the cell I've been kept in for the past two hours.

I get up from the floor immidiately and curse the policeman as I walk out. For his own sake he ignored it and led me to the detective's office.

Once I'm in there, I sit on the chair opposite him and he leans his elbows on the desk before me and smirks, in hopes to appear intimidating. I have been in this situation countless times that it does not scare me anymore.

My jaw clenches as my mind travels back to my gang days.

"I'm really not supposed to be here detective. I shot Benjamin Hart to prevent him from killing Amara, his own niece. I was protecting her because him and Bianca had kidnapped her to kill her. If you don't believe me then you can ask Bianca's mother, Daisy Banks. They had this plan all along, to lure her to the motel and then to kill her."

Surprisingly, he nodded. "I get that part pretty well Mr Hazard and Bianca Banks will be jailed for that. However, how did the same Amara you were 'supposedly saving', end up being shot by you?"

My head was spinning. Didn't they hear it already? It was a fucking mistake. A terrible one at that and their insinuation does not even make sense.

"I thought you had to be smart to be a policeman but then again...I guess not." I shrugged, irritated by all of this.

"Let me guess, you were going to save her but somehow ended up shooting her and it was all a mistake, right?" He ignores my remark and continues with his unreasonable accusations.

I sucked in a breath, not willing to say anything else concerning the shooting. I despised the implication that lined his words but I wasn't going to comment any further concerning the matter without a lawyer. "Where is Bianca Banks?"

He looked taken aback "She's in the same station getting questioned like you are."

"Good. Because she's one who you're actually supposed to keep here, not me! I was only there for Amara's rescue. How's that so difficult to understand detective?" I was getting annoyed, I shouldn't even be here. Amara needs me and they were just wasting my time.

"Speak to me like that again and I'll make sure you turn 89 in this very same building." He threatened and I almost rolled my eyes or cursed him but I didn't do that. I knew I had to be in my best possible behaviour in order to get out of here sooner although I couldn't say I had been great at that. Amara needs me at the hospital with her, not locked up in some jail cell and being questioned by bored policemen who refuse to hear me out.

"I'd like to make a call."

I'm taken to a calling center and I wait a short line until it's my turn. I'm uncertain who to call first but I find myself calling Levi. He was with us a few hours ago at the motel but he arrived late after the shooting because when I went looking for where they took Amara, I drove by myself as quickly as I could to the motel once I knew she was there.

"Levi? It's Justin."

"I am actually on my way there right now. You don't need to worry about shit, you'll be out before the end of the day, tomorrow maximum." I'm relieved to know that I'm not gonna be locked up in here for long.

"Thanks but that's not why I was calling Levi. I need to know about... Amara. How is she doing? What did the doctors say?" I ask and close my eyes for a bit, I still couldn't believe the pain I purpolessly inflicted on her.

All this seems too unreal to be real. And it hurt like a bitch knowing that I was the reason for her ending up in hospital. From the beginning.

"Uh... I actually don't know man. I was there when she got admitted and all but I only left when her friends and Nick arrived."

I've never had this feeling before...the only similar one was when my mother died. That was the only time I felt something close to this. I was tearing myself apart inside, I didn't believe that everything happened the way it did. I didn't want to believe it because only will I then feel what was left of my sanity.

I didn't know what to do with myself because I was a mess. I just wanted to see her so that I could at least attempt to better the pain she was feeling...to better the pain I was feeling...even if it will make it worse.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

977K 31.2K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
2.5K 301 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
590K 17.4K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
173K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...