The Opposite Of Good

By JasriienJordan

#13 - teen fiction [26/09/19] Amara Hart is a teenage girl living with her abusive uncle. Her life was tragic... More

[1] The Beginning
[2] Bad Boy's 'Space'
[3]Ben
[4]Torn
[5]Hide your pain
[6]My Worst Nightmare.
[7]Why do you care?
[8]Dinner
[8.5]Pain
[9]Gone
[10] Keep up with the façade.
[11] The last straw
[12] Salvation
[13] By my side
[14] Beginnings
[15] Outdoors
[16] Havoc
[17] Havoc 2
[18] Return
[19] High Over The Speed Limit
[20] Put Me In A Cage
[21] Pasta Takeaways
[22] 3am Promises
[23] Next To Me
[24] Conflicted
[25] The Hide Is Over
[26] With me
[27] Greater Lengths
[28] UG
[29] Realize
[30] Midnight Embraces
[31] Invited
[32] Party
[33] Heavy
[34] Morning After Thoughts
[35] Unsure
[36] Avoidance
[37] Unpleasent
[38] Time
[39] The Truth
[40] Toxic
[41] Jet Black Heart
[42] Beach Sights
[43] Plan
[44] For You
[45] Happier
[46] Worry List
[47] Have to
[48] Forget
[49] Away
[50] Requisite
[51] Moving Along
[52] See you again
[53] Finally Enough
[54] Overwhelmed
[55] Bitter Relief
[56] Back To You
[57] For just being you
[58] Unforseen
[59] Past
[60] Lost
[61] Fantasized
[62] Nicknames
[63] Unconvinced
[64] Unanswered
[66] Needs Me
[67] Emotional
[68] Mine
[69] Slipping away
[70] Recovery
[71] Hot in my hospital room
[72] Intruders
[73] Panic attacks and pubs
[74] Regret
[75] Un-lost Cause
[76] Let Go
[77] Imperfect
[78] Vow
[79] Paper full of ink
[80] Jail Visits
[81] Phonecall
[82] Different versions of emptiness
[83] Our love was ill-fated by destiny
E P I L O G U E
O T H E R S T O R I E S

[65] Darkness

1.9K 60 5
By JasriienJordan

My head felt in pain once my eyes opened.

I could feel the heaviness of my eyelids but I forced my eyes to open nonetheless.

Forcing myself to see through the slightly blurred vision, I noticed two figures standing in front of me, looking down at me.

That's when the realization of the hard chair I was sitting on hit me. I couldn't move my legs and arms because I was tied. All I could make out through my blurry vision was a male and a female towering over me, one of them with their arms crossed.

I shut my eyes and reopened them, eager for a better view.

My heart pumped harder against my chest the moment I remembered what had happened and the moment I finally saw who was standing above me.

I was with Bianca in her car... she grabbed my phone away from me and then I was suddenly held from the back. I was pinned against the seat and my movements were blocked. Everything blacked out after that.

The person that did that to me...was it Ben?

What was he doing here? What the hell is happening? Why is Bianca with my abusive uncle whom I haven't actually seen in months? Did they know each other? Why was I tied to a chair and why the hell couldn't I talk?

That's when I noticed the duct tape on my lips, preventing me from speaking.

I murmured sounds, trying to kick with my legs as I couldn't use my arms for anything. They were tied tightly at the back of the chair and I felt the sting on my wrists. The chair moved a little from my desperate actions.

I still couldn't believe that I was in this situation. Was Ben going to kidnap me...well I'm already kidnapped but for what? What does Bianca want from me and what is Ben doing here?

I didn't realize I was crying when the duct tape was suddenly ripped from my mouth. A vicious sting of pain from the harsh removal of it hit me and I knew that some skin from my lips went along with it. I pursed my lips in attempt to decrease the pain.

"Guess who finally reunited." Ben started and I felt myself becoming sick.

Where is Justin? Does he know that I've been kidnapped? How long have I even been here?

I sighed, the growing list of my questions that remained unanswered only irking me. "I knew I'd eventually find a way back to you." He started chuckling and I made a disgusted face, trying to hide how actually terrified I was.

I was kidnapped by two of the worst people I've ever met, that was more than enough reason for me to wet my pants but I wasn't going to crumble and show how horrified I really was.

I reminded myself that I was strong and not easily intimidated. That's how  Justin would want me to behave. My heart clenched at the thought of him, was I going to ever see him again?

"Don't you fucking dare speak to me! Leave me the hell alone, I don't understand what any of you want from me!" I yelled, my voice hoarse and my throat ached.

"As if you don't know what you did to end up here." Bianca uttered in a low tone which surprisingly only made me angrier. The anger was overpowering the fear.

"And what is that? The fact that Justin LOVES me is the reason my life is in danger right now? Bianca I never knew that's how low you can stoop. Even if something happened to me and I mean anything, Justin won't even think twice about making sure you both regret the day you decided to mess with us."

I saw Bianca's hand rising and I then felt the side of my head taking the hit, her ring creating most of the impact.

The action reminded me of the abuse because Ben was actually in front of me but I forced myself to stay strong, although I didn't know how long I would last. I was fading and a fresh pair of tears were on the verge of escaping my eyes.

"You're pathetic! You both are so fucking pathetic! Bianca you're such an imbecile bitch for even thinking that I'd ever let go of Justin or that he would let go of me. And as for you Ben...I don't even know what your fucking involvement in this is but if there's one thing I'd like you to know is that your day is coming. All the shit you've done to me in the past, you're still gonna fucking pay for it and just know that if it wasn't for my pity, you would either be in jail or dead by now. So stop playing with fire and let me fucking go because when Justin gets here-"

"You've got such a loud mouth for a person who's kidnapped, don't you think?"

Ben cuts me off and the usual harshness in his tone is enough to shut me up. I move uncomfortably in the chair as he bends down to my level, placing both hands on the armrests of the chair to cage me in.

"What do you want Ben?" I ask, my voice lower than it was moments ago. My little façade was crumbling right in front of me and I hated the feeling of vulnerability, especially in a situation like this.

He laughed "I want you to follow those parents of yours and die so that I can finally get all the money that was supposed to be mine in the first fucking place."

Something in my chest feels like it's closing up as my eyes move from Ben's dark pits to Bianca who was now pointing a weapon at me.

A gun.

My heart started beating faster and faster, wanting to say something but once I opened my mouth, no words could form.

I repeated one thing in my mind which was Justin's name. He's helped me get over so much woes in the past few months. I've got to know so much more about him and in the process I also got to know more about myself. He has become a great, amazing boyfriend for the not so long time that we've been dating but above all, he has become a wonderful Best Friend that I've grown too fond of and in love with.

I will forever be grateful for him for the beautiful kind of love that we share. Nothing can beat our love and we've had more than enough tests to prove that. Our love just kept on getting stronger and I am grateful for that.

I thank God all the time that he has given me an angel to fix, because Justin has always been an angel at heart, even though he thinks of himself as the opposite.

He is good and if there is anything opposite to that, it's the world we live in.

I would die for him without even thinking about myself because I knew he would do the exact same for me.

"For what? For him?" I asked Bianca quietly. I might've already accepted that I might die tonight or something bad was going to happen to me but I wasn't going to let that happen  without answers.

"It's your fault for trying to keep him from away his own daughter!" She seethed and I noticed an amused smirk on my uncle's face. My ex-uncle. I refuse to consider him related to me anymore because how do you treat your own family like this?

"Your child surely deserves a much better mother than you. It's really a shame that she was brought into this cruel world by someone as more cruel as you." I knew I was basically calling for her to just shoot me already, judging by the look on her red face.

"Stop fucking talking Amara or else I'm gonna blow your brains out." She growled and this time I smirked, surprising myself.

"Weren't you gonna do that already? Blow my brains out like you say?" I pushed her, I was really testing her limits and somehow, it felt good doing this to her. Some part of me told me she'd never really shoot me...but she most probably will. Her hands were shaking as she held the gun tighter and pointed it closer to my head as I only glared at her.

"You need to start acting like a person who's literally about to die Amara." Ben growled and my gaze turned from a crazy looking Bianca to him. I glared at him as I answered.

"So what if I don't? What if I have already accepted the fact that I might die right here tonight? What if I don't even give a fuck that I'm not acting like a kidnapped person? Huh? What are you gonna do about it Ben? And what if-"

"-what if I do this?" A fourth voice interrupted and a gun was fired almost immidiately.

My eyes widened as Ben fell in front of me to the floor, blood started pouring from him and then I looked up to see...Justin!

I felt relief wash over me as he caught my eye for just a second before I tore his gaze from me to Bianca who looked like she was panicking.

She pressed the gun she was holding against my head and she quickly stood behind me.

Everything was happening so fast. Justin was now in front of me a few feet away as he glared at Bianca behind me. The gun was pressed against my temple so hard that it started feeling quite painful.

"Let her go Bainca. She has nothing to do with this." Justin growled in his most dangerous tone of voice that I felt intimidated even though I knew it wasn't directed to me.

"She has nothing to do with this? She has everything to do with this! She's the one who is trying to keep Althea away from you. How dare you tell me to let her go?"

I saw Justin's teeth clench as he walked closer to us, I felt Bianca start shaking but only pressing the gun tighter against my temple and I winced. Justin looked at me painfully before he looked at the gun on my head. I saw something flash in his eyes before looked back at Bianca.

"I know you're lying about this child crap. Your mom actually told me about eveeuthing that is going on around here. Your stupid plan with Ben? Seriously? It's fucking over Bianca, look at your partner on the fucking floor. Either you let her go or you're next." Justin spat.

"Or she's next." Bianca replied with as much venom and danger flashed in Justin's eyes before he raised his weapon, eager to shoot.

When his finger reached the trigger, my eyes shut as I instantly felt myself getting lift off the ground and then a loud gunshot echoing in the small room we were in. Everything was happening so fast yet it seemed like it was put to an agonizing slow motion.

I heard a loud gasp as the chair I've been tied to reached the floor once again and I landed painfully on my side. Everything felt painful and I caught a sight of blood pouring from my stomach.

Why was I bleeding?

My eyes involuntarily shut but when I forced them to open again, I saw Justin's troubled face hovering over mine as he said stuff I couldn't register no matter how much I wanted to.

Everything started getting blurry and started fading.

What happened? Where was Bianca? Was I shot?

As I was getting into a state of darkness, I realized that I had been shot...and it wasn't from Bianca.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 302 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
590K 17.4K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
6.4K 445 32
"I met Amara Rowe the week she started school here. She watched as an old friend stuffed her face with marshmallows. She left after looking lost, so...
185K 5.9K 35
'Life never ends in a happy ending. . . I don't know why I expected one.' Demi Alvaro is not one to be messed with. It's as simple as that. She's...