Starting from death - Law x R...

By TocGlitch

Trafalgar Law is defeated during a fight against the marines and, with no will to live, accepts his destiny... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chaper 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159

Chapter 92

1.1K 47 4
By TocGlitch

Law eyed the clock next to the TV before tightening his hold on you and raising a hand to move your hair away, exposing the back of your neck, and you clearly felt how hundreds of goosebumps popped on your skin at the feeling of his warm lips on your nape.

"Law, I can't concentrate if you do that," you unconvincingly protested, trying to keep focused on your laptop.

You were on the couch, in the living room. Law had finished his classes and, having one of his clingy days, he asked you to move to the couch and sit on his lap when there was less than an hour left for your work shift to finish, not wanting to wait.

So that's how you were at the moment, sitting on his lap, with your laptop on yours. But now he was growing impatient and greedy of your attention, and having you so close was starting to not be enough.

He stuck out his tongue and lapped your nape, your spine shuddering pleasantly in response. He smirked, satisfied with your involuntary reaction, although you couldn't see him. "The ending time was ten minutes ago," his deep, velvety voice alleged.

"I know, but I can't leave this half done. I'm almost finished, give me a minute," you requested with a smile.

"I gave you ten whole minutes already," he pointed out right after sealing his lips to your sensitive skin once again, this time to sloppily kiss it, his teeth barely grazing it.

Another shiver ran up your back, your body tensing and jerking. "Do you want me to drop the laptop!?" you uttered in alarm when you nearly lost hold of your work tool.

His chest rumbled against your back as he chuckled. "If that makes you turn your attention to me..." he purred.

You huffed, with a smile. "A minute, I promise," you repeated.

Fortunately, this time he complied and simply rested his chin on your shoulder, eyes wandering through the screen of your laptop with disinterest as his arms reduced the circle they had formed around your waist.

You took the chance to turn for a moment to kiss his cheek. He was so adorable... "Thank you, my handsome jaguar."

In less than two minutes, you finished what you were doing and informed your coworkers you were done for that day, turned off the laptop, and lowered its lid.

Law allowed you to stand to leave the device on the desk, and you turned back to his lap, this time facing him, hands resting on his chest as you smiled at him. "I'm all yours," you chimed.

"Of course you are," he smirked widely before pulling you close to him and claiming your lips.

You giggled quietly and happily kissed back. Your lips moved in synchrony against his, parting slightly so your tongues could meet as you pressed your body closer to him to feel his warmth. Your hands slid up his neck and your fingers buried in his thick, raven hair, tenderly brushing his scalp.

He sighed and broke the kiss to lean closer to your hands. "I love it when you do this..." he muttered, eyes closed in delight.

You laughed a bit, going on with the massage. "I know. Right now your face is the living image of happiness."

He smirked at that, opening one eye to look at you before closing it again to keep enjoying your treatment in content, making you laugh again. You were very glad to see him happy and relaxed again, even though you knew he was still worried about his crew.

He had been in a tense, gloomy mood the following days after that chapter was released, and it didn't help that he had to wait two weeks for the next one. At least it showed more information about what was happening.

Luffy and the others were interested in a book, and Kid knew who had it. On the other hand, Kid had a score to settle with the current owner of this book, but it was someone influential and was well protected by the government. So the Strawhats and the Heart Pirates needed the Kid Pirates to find the book, and Kid needed them to get to his target. However, even though Kid knew the owner of the book, they didn't know where he or the book were. So the plan was finding the owner, and if the book wasn't with him, get him to spill the bills about its location (Kid would personally take charge of that task). Once they got that information, the alliance would end.

Law had the feeling Kid planned using his new allies as a bait to reach his goal and would ditch them as soon as he got his hands on his prey. Besides Kid knew about Law's disappearance and possible death now, and even though he promised to keep the secret, Law didn't expect him to keep his word. At least he didn't know his crew had his devil fruit; they were careful enough to hide that piece of information. And Law had to admit it was fun to see Kid suffering from Luffy's impulsiveness, hyperactivity and harebrained ideas.

Law had also talked with Esther, and after listening to her lamenting because she hadn't read the chapter yet and Law spoiled it, she soothed him telling him more or less the same you had; his crew was strong enough, the Strawhats would never let anyone harm them, and Luffy liking Kid was a sign that there was nothing to worry about. She was positive Kid would be honest and fair. She suggested trying to get in contact with Oda, too, but that idea was discarded for the moment, as it didn't seem possible.

Law didn't like the idea of meeting with his presumed creator, either.

If Oda was actually his creator, if he was who decided what happened in One Piece, then he was also the responsible for all the deaths and suffering that world endured. Law didn't want to meet the indirect responsible for his misery. The man who destroyed his home just to entertain his public. The man who created characters just to kill them and make them suffer. He didn't care if he was aware or not of what he did. If he ever met that man he would find out about the truth. And if he turned out to be the God of his world, Law didn't know if he could refrain from taking revenge for all he did.

On the other hand, if he couldn't manipulate what happened in One Piece and was a mere spectator who related what he witnessed, looking for him would be a waste of time. Besides, responsible or not, Law found disgusting that he gained fame and money from telling the miseries and secrets of the inhabitants of the One Piece world.

All in all, Law didn't think it was a good idea to get in contact with him.

He hadn't completely discarded the idea, though. There was no way he would abandon his crew knowing there was a chance to help. But for now, he would go on with his life and hope for the best.

He let out another content sigh as he felt your fingers sweetly brushing his hair. He didn't know what he would do without you. You were a great support to him, repeatedly listening to his concerns, helping him keep an objective perspective and brightening every day of his life. You truly were his sunshine, constantly chasing away the darkness that tried to get back to him.

"You're so cute..." you chimed as you leaned down to nuzzle him, unaware of his thankful thoughts. He had thanked you plenty of times, though. It was easy for him to say 'thank you', 'sorry' and 'I love you' to you, for some reason.

His smirk widened, but he didn't open his eyes. "What else am I?"

You hummed thoughtfully for a brief second. "You're handsome... Sexy... Clever... Talented... Charming... Brave..."

"Continue."

You giggled. "You're the most humble man I've ever met." This time your voice was coated in playful sarcasm.

He opened his eyes with a chuckle. "You can't blame me for wanting to hear my girlfriend telling me what she likes about me."

"So it's just because I'm the one saying it?" Your hands slid to his shoulders and you neared your nose to his, looking into his eyes.

"Of course. Those words only mean something to me when they come from you."

After that, he pulled you close again for another kiss. He kissed your lips and continued kissing your cheeks, your chin, your forehead, your jaw... All of your face. He went on for quite a long time and you couldn't help but laugh, finding amusing and endlessly endearing that he acted so kissy with you, even when it wasn't something new at this point.

"Am I tickling you?" he asked with an amused smirk.

You shook your head with a loving smile. "You're making me happy." You kissed his cheek and hugged him, resting your head on his shoulder. "I want to be with you forever," you mumbled, kissing his neck afterward.

His arms tightened their hold on you, and he buried his face in your hair, his heart beating as crazily as only you could make it beat. "Good, because you're not allowed to ever leave me."

You smiled gently, taking in his scent, which had become your favorite. "So bossy..." you joked.

"Better bossy than cheesy," he asserted, surprised that you hadn't called him the later this time.

"I prefer a mix of the two. It's more you," you commented. "I love you."

He kissed the top of your head, taking in the sensation of your body resting on his, so real and tangible, as well as your breath gently blowing nearby his collarbone. At that moment, nothing could take you away from him. He wished he could feel that way forever. He wished that feeling was a reality. "I love you too."

You raised your head and grabbed his chin to repeatedly kiss his lips, a grin slowly forming on his face until you ended up kissing his teeth, which made you laugh.

He laughed a little as well, and one of his hands, that was resting on your hips, moved to pat the outer side of your leg a couple of times. "Are we still going to the mall?" he questioned. You had planned to go shopping to buy Christmas decorations and have them ready for December, since you wanted to arrange them the first week, as soon as possible.

You nodded enthusiastically and pecked his lips before standing from his lap to head to the bedroom.

And Law swiftly followed, hoping you would change your clothes and wanting to be there to witness it.

Wow.

It was crazy the number of decorations you could find at the different stores. And the variety of prices. You could find from six Christmas baubles costing thirty euros in some shops to sets of 24 baubles costing five. The most expensive ones used to be made of crystal, but Law was still quite shocked. Honestly, who would spend thirty euros in six baubles that would end up breaking in no time?

At least, that's what he thought before seeing your eyes sparkling. You agreed with him about the prices, but it was obvious crystal baubles had something that captivated you, even though he couldn't see it.

You wanted to get many things, so you bought everything in the cheapest stores which, thankfully, had plenty of decorations, and Law enjoyed browsing every shop with you. Truth be told, he had been looking forward to this, and he was a little excited.

Not as much as you, though. If he had thought you had shown excitement for Halloween, Christmas drove you crazy. And Law loved it. It could easily turn into his favorite moment of the year simply because of how extremely happy it made you. It was kind of fun that he always got excited about your excitement. Almost as if you were to him what Christmas was to you.

You got a tall Christmas tree, a basic nativity set with many extra figures, colorful fairy lights, a big set of copper, pale rose and gold baubles (which Law picked), and a few things to spread through the house and hang on the door, like a little snowman family, and a happy Santa Claus plush. Law also liked a figure of a polar bear with a baby polar bear on top, so you didn't doubt to add it to your cart.

"Look, Law!" you called him with enthusiasm, approaching him, as he was standing in front of a tall shelf filled with plushies, his left arm leaning on the cart and his body turned to the toys. "Tambourines!" You raised the jangling object when he turned his head to look at you. "Tambourines and hand drums are very Christmassy instruments. When I was a child, I got a new tambourine every year," you explained. "I'll keep this one for you, do you like it? There are other colors but I thought you would like yellow."

Law observed the childish tambourine, his eyes quickly flickering towards the price before looking at the cartoonish donkey drawn on its parchment and taking it from your hands.

He shook it gently, the jingles rattling cheerfully. He had absolutely no interest in such a random, noisy object, but the fact that you chose it for him made it special. "I prefer it yellow," he finally asserted, and leaned down to kiss the top of your head. It was very cheap, so there was no harm in accepting it. "Thank you."

He placed it in the cart, with the Christmas tree and many other decorations you had gathered.

"You were looking at the plushies?" you questioned, then.

"Yeah." He reached out and grabbed a stuffed chick. "This one reminds me of Chirp," he commented, showing you the plush as he squeezed it between his hands, his eyes fixed on it. He raised it in front of his face and slid his long fingers through the yellow fur. "It's so soft and fluffy... Look, touch it." He handed you the plush.

You squeezed and caressed it without taking it from Law's hands, a discreet smile on your lips at his hidden, yet obvious (at least for you), interest towards the chick. You knew that expression and that attitude. It was the same he had when he saw the Bepo plush. "It's touch is very pleasant."

"It's cute," he murmured, "do you want it?"

You held back a chuckle. "Do you want it?"

He blushed very faintly, and frowned. "Why would I want a plushie?" He placed the toy back on the shelf.

"Because you like plushies," you said with a soft tone, to make sure he understood you weren't mocking him and saw no reason to.

You didn't know how you didn't realize before, though. He liked fluffy things, it shouldn't be surprising that he liked plushies. In fact, you had caught him more than once squeezing Bepo or Cora-san between his fingers, soft delight reflected in his, at those moments, peaceful features. You had assumed it was just because of whom the plushies represented, but now you believed he liked them because they were soft and fluffy too.

He looked at you from the corner of his eyes, pushing the cart and starting to walk. "Of course I don't, why do you think so?" he calmly inquired.

You simply shrugged, deciding not to push on the matter, but you saw him stealing some glances at the plushies as you walked away. You wished you had said you wanted it so he could have it, but it would probably be too obvious if you said you changed your mind now.

"(Y/N)," he called you when you passed next to the electronics section on your way towards the register, "do our printer scan documents?"

"Yes, why?"

"I've been revising your medical history again and I've noticed something unusual in one of the ultrasound scans, but the image is centered in a different point and I wanted to try to zoom on the area to see if I can see it better," he explained as you reached the register.

"Oh... What have you found? Is it bad?" you asked a little worried, taking your items out of the cart with Law's help.

"I'm not sure about it yet. I could be wrong, it could be nothing or it could be something else," he said. "Don't worry about it, I'll tell you when I know more."

You didn't insist, deciding he was right. There was no reason to worry when you had been living for years with whatever you had and were just fine. Learning about it would be an extra help, but nothing more.

Once you paid, you placed everything back in your cart, since the Christmas tree box was too big for you to carry along with the bags, and brought everything to your car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

976K 30.3K 61
Dans un monde où le chaos et la violence étaient maitre, ne laissant place à ne serrait ce qu'un soupçon d'humanité. Plume était l'exception. Elle...
425K 10.6K 29
In a district where danger lurks around every corner, Isaac North tries to live a normal life, but quickly finds himself entangled in a perilous roma...
788K 34.4K 57
"Mujhe jhelna mushkil hai nader," she said with a smile while her gaze was fixed on the table. ("It's difficult to tolerate me, Nader") "Main jhel l...
508K 32K 66
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...