Save You Tonight

By RedVelvetCake

Alaine Saunders has dedicated her life to Luna's restaurant. She grew up with unsupportive parents and was in... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chatper Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Chapter Twelve.

3.5K 56 6
By RedVelvetCake

My palm became really sweaty, it became uncomfortable for me, heat has never been my friend. In Seattle, you get used to the wet, cold weather. I sighed, noticing my eyes weren't opened, as I fluttered them open, I smelled something good. Something manly, a cologne I have smelled before, was it Thierry Mugier's?

I opened my eyes to see the brightest green eyes I have ever seen.

"H-harry?" I said, my throat feeling dry, almost as if I was deprived of water for a week. My lips felt chapped as I rubbed them together, I looked around to see a small TV hanging from the wall, and a needle into my hand, the awkward feeling making it hurt a bit.

"Alaine." he brought my other hand to his lips.

"Where am I?" I said, sounding extra groggy, well today is not my day.

"You're at the hospital love. You passed out from your nose bleed." he tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. I blinked a lot, trying to remember a nose bleed. When did I get a nose bleed? At the beach? No, I'm pretty sure I was okay after that. I rushed upstairs and... and my phone was missing. And then... it all came crashing down on me. Crap. Sarnia.

I laid back down mumbling, Harry shushed me. "Alaine it's okay. The doctor said it was just a nose bleed. No head injuries from all the damage she did, the scratches are minor and will be gone in less than two weeks. You'll be fine." he assured me.

I sighed. "And Sarnia?"

Harry looked me in the eye, wishing I would avoid that subject. "She had a broken nose, almost took it legal until I told her that if she did I would testify in your defense because I know she was the one who attacked you. She said she's leaving to New York tomorrow, she already left to get out of the house."

I nodded, she was really mad at me but why did that mean she had to try and hurt me? I may have done wrong on kissing Harry back but, I was totally willing to not ever bring it up for their sake. Guess Harry felt guilty and spilled the beans. Who knew she was such a violent girl? I noticed Harry stare at me as all these thoughts came into play.

"Do I look that horrible you have to make that face?" I said.

He shook his head. "No no! Alaine that's not why I was staring, I mean your hair is staticish but no! You don't look horrible you look very cute..." he trailed off biting his lip.

I giggled, which made him blush. "Harry, did you mean it?"

"Mean what?" he asked.

"When you said you liked me?"

He stood silent for a minute, I couldn't see any expression on his face, did that mean he took back everything he said? I bet I just made a fool out of myself. Maybe he didn't want me to remember and I stupidly brought up something he was uncomfortable with.

"Yes, Alaine, I did." he kissed my forehead. "I've been so stupid lately, I thought that day when I was in the hospital that you were with Louis. You guys seemed so happy. I couldn't think about how you guys have probably..." he trailed off looking down.

I lifted his face. "I never had sex with Louis. He is wonderful, but I bet you already knew that. He isn't like many guys, he's kind, loyal, funny, and very respectful. But he's nothing more than a best friend, I wish you would have just asked me or Lou before going off and acting like a jerk."

"I know Alaine, and I'm so sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. You don't know how I've been feeling about you."

My heart fluttered. "You have no idea how I feel about you either Harry."

He kissed me, for the second time, and it felt just as amazing. He kissed my nose and grinned at me. "Harry Styles, I really like you." I said.

He chuckled, the most cutest chuckle ever. I couldn't help but smile. He fed me some jello from the cafeteria and by after noon they released me. Getting out of that bed was the greatest feeling ever! Except getting out of the hospital gown, that was extremely comfortable. Going down to the waiting room I saw everyone waiting there for me.

"Laney!" Louis ran to me and hugging me.

"Louis! It's good to see you!" I said.

"I could say the same thing Laney! Thank goodness you know how to fight!" everyone came in to give me a huge bear hug. While Danni was talking to me, telling me how Sarnia left with her tail between her legs when I heard crying and Louis's voice saying "Oh harry I forgive you! Come here, Larry Stylinson is still together!" I turned to see them hugging and jumping together, then they started saying all sorts of random things that didn't make sense.

"They have inside jokes that NOBODY knows but them love." Zayn said.

"Ah, I see."

On our way home I remembered something that I shouted it by not thinking about it first. "OH MY GOD."

Everyone turned to me, frightened. "ARE WE ALL TALKING LIKE THIS NOW?" Louis shouted in front of me.

"No stop it! I should have been at work today! My boss is going to kill me!" I said, remembering I only asked for three days off. I cant loose work now! I need it!

"Don't worry love, we called for you. Your boss was more than understanding. You got an extra two days off." Niall said.

I smiled, I knew they would always have my back. When we arrived back at the house we started to pack. As I was putting away my bras Louis asked me a question.

"You and Harry dating Laney?"

I looked at him. "There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about." I told him the entire thing, down to the point on how those exact moments felt like. I explained that the whole reason Sarnia attacked me was because of jealousy, apparently Harry has a conscious and couldn't do that to Sarnia, even though he couldn't really change what he'd done already. Louis couldn't believe his ears when I told him we shared a kiss.

"You should have told me sooner!"

"I know, I'm sorry! I didn't know how plus, we agreed to forget about it all but I guess he couldn't."

"You know Laney, Harry really is a great guy. Sometimes you may just want to scream 'Harry no why are you doing that!' but in reality he's just looking for love."

I looked at Louis, he has to know what he was talking about. They seem very close, surely not these past couple of weeks, but they will always keep that friendship alive. Not even I could come between them.

"I don't know if we're an item Lou, he didn't really ask me out. We just told each other we liked one another. Nothing much after that." I zipped up my suitcase.

"Well, you guys sure looked much happier. And Harry did look lighter."

I smiled and finished packing. As we moved our bags down to the cabs, I noticed Harry was sitting on the bed, alone in the room, with no lights on. I walked in and knocked a bit, he looked back at me.

"Harry?"

"Oh, hi love." he smiled.

"Aren't you done packing? I finished, if you want I could help you." I walked in and before I could reach him he walked towards the door and pulling me with him. I noticed something was off about him but I didn't know what.

"Harry, are you alright?" I asked once in the hallway.

"Alaine, do you think I'm a bad person?" he asked, his face too serious.

"No Harry, you're not a bad person."

"How are you so sure?"

I sighed, where was he planning on taking this? Does he mean in his recent attitude towards me or Sarnia? Or what could bother him so much? "I know because you're a good person. Just because you make bad choices, it doesn't mean you are a bad person. Deep inside, you know you did wrong, and that's what brings you back to the light." I poked his chest and smiled.

He cupped my face in one of his hands and put the other on the wall behind me, I felt his cool lips touch mine and I couldn't resist the urge to kiss him back. His lips moving in unison with mine, no tongue, just a simple and very breath taking kiss.

"Was that a bad choice?" he asked.

"To me, it isn't at all." I kissed him one more time before we started laughing. I didn't know why, but everything felt right. Nothing felt wrong, no gut feelings that there was something bad about to happen to me. It felt like the universe was finally balanced, maybe I would just finally get a better life with Harry at my side. I mean, he was at my side, wasn't he?

***

On the airplane, almost close to home, the boys let me sit next to Harry. As he looked out the window spaced out, I touched his arm that was resting on the arm seat. He looked at me and I saw his eyes light up with life.

"Yes love?"

"Harry can I ask you something?"

He nodded. Oh gosh, here goes nothing. I mean, I didn't want to seem pushy, but ever since we left the beach house, and after sharing that amazing kiss with him, I couldn't get past the thought of what it meant. What do our kisses mean? To us, to everyone exactly. Was I someone just to kiss and have a crush on or was I something more than just that?

"What are we?" I finally asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, where exactly do we stand? What are we Harry? An item? A fling?" asking the last part made a harsh sting on my heart, although it's not really possible, my heart ached to hear that last one being answered as a yes.

He chuckled and pinched my cheek. "You know you're making the most cutest face that I have ever seen."

I pouted. "Harrehhhh. Please answer my question, I don't want to seem clingy but I'm confused on what exactly we are."

"Alaine, would you like to go on a date with me as soon as this plane lands?"

My heart skipped a beat. Did I hear that correctly or what I just dreaming he had just said that? I didn't say anything, my words were all choked up in my throat, too many at once to even come out forming a sentence.

"I would like to get to know you so much more, I want to know how you work, how you think, heck! How you breathe, I just want to know more about you, so what do you say Alaine?" he held my hands in his, the touch making my whole body shake on the inside, my nerves on the edge, a good edge.

"LANEEEEEYYYY COME BACK." I heard Lou shout in front of us, who was also watching this whole thing.

I smiled, my eyes tearing up. "Yes, yes Harry I'd love to." I hugged him as he took me into his arms. It was the greatest feeling in the world.

"Oh I wish I had a girl, it's just me and my pillow I guess." Lou said, hugging the pillow the plane offers.

Harry and I laughed, as we stayed like that, our excitement flowing between our bodies as we both hoped this plane would land much, much sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

haha, so i hope you like how this chapter ended, i admit it's nothing big but i thought it was time to have some drama free chapter! "happiness is key" someone once told me. i will be uploading the next chapter whenever i get done with it because i had something important to do but couldnt finish the chapter sorry guys :c but thank you all so much! 1,000+ reads, 49 votes, 37 beautiful fans?! YOU ALL MAKE ME SO HAPPY ♥ keep voting, commenting, because all your feedback is great! thank you all babes! ♥ Xx

And a big thanks to xAlwaysBelievexo for the new cover! You did an amazing job! :) Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 100 31
Hazel Collins doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. Her friends have dragged her to a One Direction concert where she meets the love of her...
491K 7.4K 46
BOOK 1: She was a twenty one year old, trying to live her dream of managing a café. He was a member of the world famous boy band who didn't believe l...
1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
74K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...