Save You Tonight

By RedVelvetCake

Alaine Saunders has dedicated her life to Luna's restaurant. She grew up with unsupportive parents and was in... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chatper Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Chapter Ten

3.4K 62 8
By RedVelvetCake

I put on my pink summer dress, a bikini under just in case, and my white sandals. As I was putting on a bit of mascara and brushing my wavy hair, Louis brought me some cherries.

"Nervous Laney?" he said.

"A little. Nothing a snack cant fix." I smiled, taking one from his bag.

"I am raising you so well my love!" I laughed at his joke. "So you think he'll help you forget all the bad?"

I looked back at the mirror. Honestly, that's exactly what I hoped for. I didn't want to keep looking in the mirror and seeing that same naïve fifteen year old, I didn't want to be easily manipulated anymore, but will Mark really be any different? I mean, would this change everything? And most importantly, will this, Mark, be the cure to my sadness that I now carry from Harry?

"I don't know Lou, I only want to enjoy the moment."

Just then he busted out a note from one of his songs, "Moments". Being around them, I realized they did this a lot. I was starting to become familiar with the songs actually and I didn't much mind. I actually joined in with him for once.

"Laney! You have such a great voice!" he said.

"Oh please, you're the one talking, pop star." I pinched his cheek.

As I was about to leave out to the board walk, Liam came out with me.

"Mind if I walk you?" he said.

I shook my head as we headed out, wondering if Dani was coming too. Halfway there, Liam started to talk to me.

"Alaine, I would really like to tell you something."

"Go ahead, Liam." I said looking at him. He made a struggling face, maybe not sure how to put it in words.

"I want you to be very careful with Mark." he finally said.

"What do you mean?"

"I know he's a great guy, but I would like it if you still didn't give him all your trust, it might just be me... but I don't want you getting hurt like you did with Harry."

I sighed at Harry's name. "Liam, I feel like your going protective mode on me right now."

"I just want you to take my words seriously. I know Harry was devastating, but I don't want you to think your falling for this guy because of the loss of Harry's love."

Ouch, I didn't even think I came off as that. Mark isn't a rebound, is he? I whooshed that thought away, not wanting it ruining my date. I saw how sincere Liam was, no wonder Dani had such a hard time getting him in the house. I now saw exactly why. I hugged Liam as we arrived at the skiing stand.

"Thank you Liam, I never really had someone protecting me. I will take it into consideration. I promise."

He left me and in two minutes I saw Mark coming over. He kissed my cheek again and led me to the stand.

"I hope you brought your bathing suit, cause I thought it'd be nice since it's kind of hot today. That alright with you Alaine?" he grinned.

I agreed and signed a couple papers. We had a life jacket and a boat rented waiting for us. As we left our things in a small locker Mark finally noticed my bathing suit. Well, actually my bikini.

"Nice... bathing suit." he finally said, as I saw him examining me.

"Thank you." I blushed. I cut off the staring as I pointed out that our boat was ready for us. He helped me on, and as the boat came to life as he was skiing first. When the boat dragged him across the water it was like watching perfection. He did funny poses to make me laugh, which all worked. While he tried one that required a lot of balance he fell off and that made me clutch my stomach as he swam to the boat.

"Hey there now! You look a little too dry." he grinned.

Before I caught onto what he was saying, he pulled me over board with him. I screamed but then realized I had a life saver on. I splashed him.

"Oh no! Now I feel refreshed!" I said.

We swam a bit, until it was my turn to get on the ski's. I was terrified, not sure if I could do this. When the boat pulled me I started screaming, afraid I might loose my balance, but with all the cheering Mark did for me, I managed to not fall until the boat stopped. I swam up to the boat and Mark pulled me in.

"You're a natural!" he said.

"I felt like I was flying! And I didn't fall!"

"Show off!" he pinched my nose. We decided to head back and grab a bite to eat, as the sun was already setting. We grabbed a couple pizza slices.

"So, Alaine, what would you like to be in ten years?" he asked.

"I honestly have no idea. I haven't thought about college in a long time. I don't even go to school." I added sadly.

"Really? You were always so good at school."

"I know. But I guess I never really thought much past Luna's." I said.

"Well if you could, what would you think you'd do in ten years?"

I bit my lip, what would I be if I had the chance? I mean, what was I really good in anyways? I pondered this thought a bit and finally came up with an answer.

"I always enjoyed writing. Remember Junior year, Mrs. Evans made us do an essay about our lives and how we could all make a difference? She secretly entered me in a writing contest and they said I had so much potential. I won a medal, but I never thought about it much until now." I shrugged

"You should be a writer, didn't you use to write stories for the newspaper?"

"Guilty, but not senior year, I decided to stay away from all that."

He nodded. We finished our pizza and we headed home, the sun barely making the sky look a mixture or orange and red. I thanked him for a great day, being serious when I said great.

"I would love to ask you out again, but I'm actually here with my family, and we're heading out today. They like to travel a lot and I couldn't say no, they were always so nice to me."

I nodded, understanding. Not everyone's parents were as cold and heartless like mine. Mark should feel blessed he got those caring parents. Oh what I would give to have someone like that when I was younger.

"But would you like to still get together when we both get back to Seattle?" he said. "Not compromising you to me, but I would really like to get to know you more."

"Of course Mark, that'd be great." he kissed my cheek again and left me. As I stared at the front door, I squealed a bit, super happy he was such a great guy. I never thought I would find someone like this.

I went straight to the kitchen, the lights were off, I flipped them on and got a cup of water I heard someone come in. Hoping it was Liam, to give him good news about how wonderful Mark was, I turned to find Harry standing there. He looked at me, huffing at me as he walked to the sink too. He filled a glass of water and drank some. I finished my glass, feeling uncomfortable now, I dropped it in the sink and tried to walk away but Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

"Look who decides to come back home. Pretty late don't you think?" he said, a little smug.

I pulled out of his grip. "Since when are you my mother."

He chuckled. "Just letting you know it's pretty late for a lady like you to be out don't you think?"

"And I think, that if you were really concerned about anyone's curfew, it should be your girlfriends, not mine." I smiled.

"I'm just saying, I don't think Louis would like it if he found out you also went out with other guys while you were with him."

I eyed him, not wanting to continue this conversation. He shoved me to the island and I tried putting my hands up in defense but he grabbed them and clutched him to his chest, my hands were fist.

"Do you think I'm stupid, I know you and Lou aren't dating love."

"Why do you even care if were not?! Huh Harry? Why are you fooling yourself, you don't like me more than you'd like it if I dated Louis or anyone else."

He chuckled, almost menacingly. He bowed his head down, speaking so low I could barely hear what he was muttering.

"You just don't get it do you."

"Get what Harry? That you're a douche bag and should leave me alone."

He frowned. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Really? So then your just sleeping with her because...?"

"Someone's got the green monster on their back!" he joked.

I looked at him in disbelief. "No I do not!"

"So then why do you care if I'm sleeping with her or not?" he inched closer to my face, his eyes making my stomach do even more summer salts than Mark left me with.

"I don't. I don't care, so leave me alone."

"I don't believe you."

"Why not?! I can prove it to you!" I screamed back.

He looked at me, a smirk coming into play on his face, his dimples were showing and I felt the blood drain from my face. I could register what he was about to do but apparently my body didn't. He leaned in and held his lips inches from mine, he breathed a bit as I held my bottom lip a bit opened at the moment, I stared at his eyes. They were pure bright green, so beautiful that I could see my own reflection in them. He didn't wait much longer and his lips touched mine. Almost immediately I felt the electricity flow from his body to mine, and mine to him, and so forth and so on as we joined our lips into one. It was nothing like I had ever experienced before. Almost too soothing.

He cupped my face in his hand while the other rubbed my side, making me enjoy his touch even more. I couldn't help but not resist. I clutched onto his curls, wanting more and more of him. I heard a moan escape from his body and he lifted me onto the island. I was startled as he kept kissing me and I pulled at his hair. He then lowered his lips to my neck, pecking at it in the most delicate way I felt my body melting.

And just as I was about to loose myself, I pushed him away.

We were panting for what seemed like forever, Harry leaning back on the sink for support as he stared everywhere but me, and I also avoiding him. I felt my heart beat, which sounded like an on going drum that had no intention of slowing down.

Since he hadn't said one word, I decided to say something. "This is wrong Harry."

"Then why did it feel so right?" he said, his husky voice still excited.

I hopped off the island and looked him dead in the eye. "This is wrong Harry, of both of us. It's too late to turn back. There's no way we have a chance of anything evolving."

"Why not?" he said, disappointed.

I felt like slamming him against the fridge. "Because you have Sarnia and I have Mark."

He stared at me, looking at the doorway. "Oh... right."

I looked at him, putting on the best poker face as I could. "Let's forget this ever happened. I can do that, can you?"

He looked at me, his eyebrows merged together, almost as if my words had stabbed him right in the no-no's. He looked down and muttered "Forgotten."

I nodded and left to my room, where I started to cry. I couldn't believe I just kissed him. I kissed Harry! But just a few minutes ago I had felt everything with Mark. I couldn't believe I just let that happen. Would Harry forget? Would he tell Sarnia? Would she be really mad at me tomorrow? What would I tell the boys?

How awkward is this situation? All these questions bothered me as I cramped myself onto my bed, looking out the window watching all the stars. But the question that bothered me the most was: why do I want to kiss him again and again, until I'm all he needs?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Harry did it again! Haha, i thought they deserved the moment Sarnia stole from her! :D i hope you all love it, just adding also i am looking for a new book cover, so if you have one in mind, send it to me! c: i will choose which cover but dedicate chapters to the people who sent me covers anyways! thanks babes! i hope you like this chapter, comment, vote your feedback is amazing ! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.4K 69
What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when she suggested it. Someone like her could n...
16.3K 576 57
Morgan was just your normal teenage girl. Pretty popular, decent looking, average grades, but being locked in a classroom for six hours with a murder...
10.8K 179 23
This is about a girl named Shaina who has to to live with Harry because of her mum's work. Little did she know that with-in these two years of being...
3.9K 81 29
Stella a regular girl who turns 19, lives in USA but before she left for USA she lived in Doncaster her best friend Louis was one of the people she h...