The Opposite Of Good

By JasriienJordan

#13 - teen fiction [26/09/19] Amara Hart is a teenage girl living with her abusive uncle. Her life was tragic... More

[1] The Beginning
[2] Bad Boy's 'Space'
[3]Ben
[4]Torn
[5]Hide your pain
[6]My Worst Nightmare.
[7]Why do you care?
[8]Dinner
[8.5]Pain
[9]Gone
[10] Keep up with the façade.
[11] The last straw
[12] Salvation
[13] By my side
[14] Beginnings
[15] Outdoors
[17] Havoc 2
[18] Return
[19] High Over The Speed Limit
[20] Put Me In A Cage
[21] Pasta Takeaways
[22] 3am Promises
[23] Next To Me
[24] Conflicted
[25] The Hide Is Over
[26] With me
[27] Greater Lengths
[28] UG
[29] Realize
[30] Midnight Embraces
[31] Invited
[32] Party
[33] Heavy
[34] Morning After Thoughts
[35] Unsure
[36] Avoidance
[37] Unpleasent
[38] Time
[39] The Truth
[40] Toxic
[41] Jet Black Heart
[42] Beach Sights
[43] Plan
[44] For You
[45] Happier
[46] Worry List
[47] Have to
[48] Forget
[49] Away
[50] Requisite
[51] Moving Along
[52] See you again
[53] Finally Enough
[54] Overwhelmed
[55] Bitter Relief
[56] Back To You
[57] For just being you
[58] Unforseen
[59] Past
[60] Lost
[61] Fantasized
[62] Nicknames
[63] Unconvinced
[64] Unanswered
[65] Darkness
[66] Needs Me
[67] Emotional
[68] Mine
[69] Slipping away
[70] Recovery
[71] Hot in my hospital room
[72] Intruders
[73] Panic attacks and pubs
[74] Regret
[75] Un-lost Cause
[76] Let Go
[77] Imperfect
[78] Vow
[79] Paper full of ink
[80] Jail Visits
[81] Phonecall
[82] Different versions of emptiness
[83] Our love was ill-fated by destiny
E P I L O G U E
O T H E R S T O R I E S

[16] Havoc

6K 161 9
By JasriienJordan

My body froze, my eyes widened and my mouth hung low. I was baffled to say the least, maybe my eyes weren't showing me right. I blinked and repeated the action but nothing changed, I didn't know what to do as I stayed rooted to the spot.

Where has the car gone?

"It was just right here!" Justin exclaimed once again, his voice evident of anger and frustration.

"There's no other way, it must've been stolen." Levi seethed, his entire mood turning a full 360 which matched Justin's. They were fuming.

We weren't even gone for long!

"So what do we do now? Can't we ask around, maybe someone saw something." I suggested and Nick nodded in agreement.

I felt like I should help in some way. I couldn't help but feel guilty because Justin had brought us here just to get me out of the house. Now his car has been stolen and it's all my fault.

Nick and I started approaching people around the parking lot and asking them if they've seen anything suspicious going on but unfortunately, no one did...or so they said.

I just didn't understand it, how could a car disappear just like that with everyone claiming to have not seen anything suspicious going on?

"Do you think it was just some lame random losers who did this or is someone actually coming for us?" Levi asked particularly Justin and his words were so low that I almost didn't hear them.

I felt myself getting goosebumps and my nerves were increasing by each crucial second. Why would someone be out to get Justin?

Justin's face turned sour, green eyes overshadowed by darkness. "Nick, take Amara home and make sure that she's safe, and stay alongside her until I get back."

As Justin instructed, he didn't even look worried about losing his car but looked like someone who is out to look for revenge. He looked like he already knows who stole his car and knows very well what he'll do to them.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked, he couldn't just leave like that without saying anything about where he'll be. What if something happens to him? I won't know what to do with myself.

"Just quit asking too much questions and do as I say." He snapped, waving his arms in the air as he did, looking frustrated already.

I immediately shut up, keeping my words to myself. I averted my gaze from his fire blazing eyes, something about his sudden mood frightened me. The way he got angry and shouted at me, it made me think of when I was still living with Ben. I saw my vision suddenly getting blurry and warm tears fell down my cheeks.

***

Thirty minutes later, Nick and I were at the apartment, silently sitting in the living room on couches opposite each other. I was laying back and Nick was sitting forward, his elbows resting against his knees as he buried his head in his palms. The silence around us was tolerated but now it was starting to get a lot of uncomfortable for me, so I tried cutting it.

"Why do you think Justin had to leave just like that?" I asked the question I've been battling to find the answer to. "He didn't mention going to a police station to report a missing car."

Nick seemed to shift around uncomfortably as soon as he picked up my question. He looked to be in thought and making sure to carefully pick out his words while he's at it.

"Justin has...maybe one or two...bad people out there trying to get to him. That's if you understand."

Bad people? I felt every nerve in my body increasing rapidly. I have avoided this before but now there's nothing that makes more sense. Is Justin involved in some mafia gang? That would make all the rumors I've heard about Justin become true. There was certainly baddest behind just being a bad boy.

"But why would the bad people want to go after him? What did he do to them?" I inquired further, what could've Justin done to those bad people?

"Justin can sometimes provoke people. But it's for a good cause. Sometimes people just get easily intimidated by him, I think we both know that he's not the nicest person around right?"

I've heard the most horrible rumors about Justin in school. People constantly call him different kind petrifying names in hushed conversations, too scared to be heard. All these people have claimed Justin to being a gang member or even be an owner of one. People at school make him out to be a ruthless monster, saying that he's killed before, that he organizes robberies.

He is like walking danger, anyone with a sane mind not daring to glance his way.

"So is he in some kind of danger? Is his life threatened in some way?" I asked as I swallowed hard, awaiting for the answer that I was about to be given.

"This conversation is getting out of hand. Let's rather talk about something else, I think Justin can answer those questions better than I can."

Exhaling, I nodded, accepting defeat.

"Fair enough."

Looking relieved, Nick smiled as he got up from the couch , making his way to the kitchen and I followed.

"Before this whole car issue betided, I remember that I actually wanted to eat." Said Nick and I rolled my eyes.

"You always want to eat you know that?"

Nick walked towards the fridge, opening it and taking out some left over pizza.

"Food is necessary for life and I don't feel like dying anytime soon." He stated as he walked towards the microwave.

"Whatever Nicks"

"You want some?" He asked, not even looking in my direction as he shoved the pizza in the microwave. He pressed a minute and turned around, leaning against the cabinets.

I shook my head and went to grab an apple. I then remembered something, the reason behind Nick not living with Justin since they are brothers. Justin had once mentioned that Nick is the one living with their parents, but why not him?

"Hey Nicks?"

"Yeah?" He replied so low that I almost didn't hear it. I turned to look at him and saw him looking down, probably lost in some thoughts. I frowned at the picture. For a person who's always so cheery, he looked kind of down.

Without thinking much about it, I found myself walking towards him. His head immediately rose as he heard my footsteps.

"Are you okay Nick? You seem off all of a sudden." I asked, seeming understandably worried while picking out my words carefully. He stared down at me, his blonde hair seemed darker today and soft brown eyes turned a shade darker. At the beep of the microwave, Nick turned around to attend it, leaving my question lingering in the air.

The smell of hot pizza filled the atmosphere around us and I felt myself getting more hungry all of a sudden.

Actually who am I kidding, I'm not hungry at all.

I watched Nick put all four delicious fat slices on a plate before sitting down, placing the plate of heaven in front of him. He probably caught my eyes lingering around his food because he started laughing. Was that his cheery self back?

"What's the matter Amara? Why are you staring at my food so much? I thought you weren't hungry." Said Nick, humor obviously lining his tone. I averted my gaze from him and the food before letting out my own piece of laughter.

"Me? I wasn't staring at your food man. Do you even know how many calories you are going to gain after eating all that?" I replied and then bit my green, healthy apple. I didn't need pizza...

Nick shrugged his shoulders, "Oh geez, I didn't know you were so much of a health expert. I do anything to stay away from those kind of people."

"I was just stating the obvious  because those four slices of pizza are-"

"Delicious." Nick cut me off and I rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't gonna say delicious dummy." I watched as he took the first bite of the slice...why the hell did pizza need to look so mouth watering right now? The way the cheese stretched and all...oh no I see what he's doing. He's trying to get me into eating the pizza with him.

"And why the hell are you acting like you are busy shooting a pizza commercial? Just eat like a normal human being." I said and Nick started laughing.

"Just say you want the pizza darling."

"No I don't"

"Yes you do"

"No I don't"

"Well, I do." Nick and I turned towards the direction of the rusky, deep voice that came from the door and I wont lie...seeing Nick's incredulous reaction made my heart beat faster because...

Who was this man standing in front of us right now?

_______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
1.2K 230 51
"I loved knowing she was scared of me. My insides were hurting from all the build up anger. It was all her fault. It was her fault my life was a mess...
34.1K 721 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...
587K 19K 34
"You just don't belong in my world, Jasey." *** Jasey Eldridge didn't expect to have a good senior year. She knew it would be rough with all the comp...