The Opposite Of Good

By JasriienJordan

#13 - teen fiction [26/09/19] Amara Hart is a teenage girl living with her abusive uncle. Her life was tragic... More

[1] The Beginning
[2] Bad Boy's 'Space'
[3]Ben
[4]Torn
[5]Hide your pain
[6]My Worst Nightmare.
[7]Why do you care?
[8]Dinner
[8.5]Pain
[9]Gone
[10] Keep up with the façade.
[11] The last straw
[12] Salvation
[13] By my side
[15] Outdoors
[16] Havoc
[17] Havoc 2
[18] Return
[19] High Over The Speed Limit
[20] Put Me In A Cage
[21] Pasta Takeaways
[22] 3am Promises
[23] Next To Me
[24] Conflicted
[25] The Hide Is Over
[26] With me
[27] Greater Lengths
[28] UG
[29] Realize
[30] Midnight Embraces
[31] Invited
[32] Party
[33] Heavy
[34] Morning After Thoughts
[35] Unsure
[36] Avoidance
[37] Unpleasent
[38] Time
[39] The Truth
[40] Toxic
[41] Jet Black Heart
[42] Beach Sights
[43] Plan
[44] For You
[45] Happier
[46] Worry List
[47] Have to
[48] Forget
[49] Away
[50] Requisite
[51] Moving Along
[52] See you again
[53] Finally Enough
[54] Overwhelmed
[55] Bitter Relief
[56] Back To You
[57] For just being you
[58] Unforseen
[59] Past
[60] Lost
[61] Fantasized
[62] Nicknames
[63] Unconvinced
[64] Unanswered
[65] Darkness
[66] Needs Me
[67] Emotional
[68] Mine
[69] Slipping away
[70] Recovery
[71] Hot in my hospital room
[72] Intruders
[73] Panic attacks and pubs
[74] Regret
[75] Un-lost Cause
[76] Let Go
[77] Imperfect
[78] Vow
[79] Paper full of ink
[80] Jail Visits
[81] Phonecall
[82] Different versions of emptiness
[83] Our love was ill-fated by destiny
E P I L O G U E
O T H E R S T O R I E S

[14] Beginnings

8.2K 194 57
By JasriienJordan

Both our heads immediately snapped towards the door in inhuman speed. My heart thumped hard against my chest as I took in the state of the person in front of us. For a moment, I thought it was going to be Ben standing there. I greatly despised the thought that he had found me and was going to take back to that place that obviously dejects my soul.

"What is it Nick?" Justin asked his brother as he rose from the chair.

His eyes concentrating on Nick, he took a few steps closer to him. Nick was tall but Justin easily towered over him.

"I just received a call from Davin telling me that they have tracked down Ben."

My body froze at the mention of his name. Why did I think much of it? I hated feeling scared, I tried by all means to remind myself that it is over, that I didn't have to go back to live with Ben. That I didn't get to be abused by him.

"Where has he been located?" Asked Justin, his tone of voice hard which matched his features.

"He is in a town that's about two hours away in some crappy motel called The Lighthouse." My stomach turned in an uncomfortable manner.

"Who is Davin?" I asked and both of them turned to look at me. Justin started walking around the room, seeming to be in deep thought.

"Justin?" I called out when I found no response. He was pacing up and down and that edged my nerves.

"So what's the plan?" Nick asked looking at Justin, him too completely ignoring me.

If Ben is so far away, then does that mean that he left for good? That he's no longer going to come for me?

"Call Levi and the other guys, we will have to prepare ourselves for a little meeting with Ben Hart." Justin's words just came out so natural and so calm. Not missing the hard tone that made his words final.

"What do you mean by that? Having a little meeting?" I questioned, raising my voice higher. I didn't understand why they wanted to approach Ben when he has already left. Him leaving certainly means that he's finally left my life right? I have been dreaming about this, I just want to be as far away from him as possible and now that that's happened, I should move on with my life. And try to remind myself that the worst is over.

Justin and Nick didn't even bother to glance at me as they continued with their conversation "I think we'll just need Levi, Troy and Xavier, the rest of them aren't needed. This Ben guy is such a small target." Nick said nonchalantly and Justin nodded, showing approval.

Were they serious? I tried getting off the bed and did so with mild pain in my left side. But that wasn't gonna stop me.

"Amara! What are you doing? You're gonna end up hurting yourself." Justin paced towards me until he was stood in front of me, his green eyes showing concern.

"Well then answer me will you? I asked why do you need to go see Ben?" I spoke up, demanding to be heard...

Justin ran his hand through his dark brown hair and breathed out.

"That man abused you cakes. He hurt you. I can't just stand back and let him move on with his no-point-at-all life, I'm sorry but I fucking won't do that."

"He left Justin! He left! Meaning he is out of my life hopefully for good and the abuse isn't going to continue anymore. You don't need to go and approach him."

I hated this, I hated having to defend him. He is a monster and basically deserves everything coming his way. Nothing ever was going to become equivalent to what he has done to me. Ever.

"Are you even listening to yourself?" Justin raised his voice. Why was this even such a big deal to him? It's my life, he can't make decisions for me.

"Ugh you know what, thank you so much for all that you've done for me these past few days, I'm really grateful but I'm done with this shit. You exit my life and I leave yours too. I don't even understand why you have to make decisions for me. If I don't want Ben being approached in any way then you have to respect that and not fucking do anything." Justin's forest green eyes were now dark and filled with so many emotions while he was starring at me.

After what felt like years, he shifted his eyes and turned around to look at Nick. "I guess we'll just have to forget about it because clearly Amara is having a problem with us going ahead with our plans."

"Actually I would like to go back home. I don't think staying here is necessary anymore."

I didn't have any good feeling about what I was saying. Deep down I knew that I'll never be safe there, Ben could show up there anytime. How would I even live there with a house filled with so much bad memories?

"Amara, I truly feel like you should reconsider that. How do you even know that you will be safe there all alone? I mean, do you even feel good about going back to a house that you were getting abused in?" Nick voiced out his opinion,  basically verballing out my thoughts.

"You're welcome to stay with me cakes, at least your safety would be guaranteed here." Justin said, showing me an almost friendly smile because he was still pissed off from our argument. This was the first time that I ever saw him smile but unfortunately, it faded away soon enough. His piercing green eyes were staring at anything but me, he seems like he was afraid of glancing at me.

"Thanks.. I just...I'm sorry about all this. You guys don't even need to be dealing with me right now." I walked closer to them.

"Don't sweat it cakes. I told you I'm with you for as long as you need. Right by your side. " Justin gave me one last one sided smile before throwing his arm over my shoulder. The action alone surprised me truth be told but I kind of felt more secure in his hold. As simple as it is.

And the way that he smelled, a combination of bath soap and his cologne, I would never get tired of it. It was kind of a sweet gesture that he was showing me.

Without realizing it, I had leant in to him but moved back soon as I was aware. Justin saw this and let out a short laugh as he removed his arm from my shoulders.

"Are you hungry cakes?" He asked and I nodded, a little grin evident on my face.

"Thought so. I guess we'll have to order food then." Justin suggested, basically anything was fine with me.

Ever since I got here, I've only been in this room, which looked like a normal bedroom but no sign of it being Justin's.  Although it could be his room, it was just too plain.

"Uhm, do you mind me seeing the rest of the house? I'm kind of tired of staying in one room for like forever."

Justin chuckled before replying, "whatever you want cakes."

I smiled and Justin stretched out his hand so I placed mine in his, letting him lead the way. It was a little hard for me to walk, my side was throbbing so painfully but not anything I couldn't handle, I've been through things way worse than this.

"Uhm, I guess I'll be leaving then. I'll see you tomorrow Justin." Nick said as he opened the bedroom door. I thought that since Justin and Nick were siblings, they would be living in the same house...along with their parents?

We walked until we reached a kitchen. It was quiet big, with cream white wall cabinets and the marble tiled floor made the place look even more spectacular.

Justin and Nick said their goodbyes and he left so now only Justin and I were left. I watched him stride towards the home phone and glanced at me.

"What would you like to have cakes?"

I replied without thinking much about it "Anything is fine."

"I'm getting us Pizza, what flavor would you like and don't say that anything is fine."

I forced myself to make my smile not to appear "Well if you insist, chicken and mushroom is my favorite."

I saw Justin smile mischievously before dialing and ordering the food. In the meantime, I situated myself on the stool, taking caution to my injuries.

I didn't quiet know how to feel, being here with Justin. How did things even get here? The last time I was familiar with things, he was the school's most feared and even I was scared of him. I can't even believe that I'm now in his house, with him.

The way he saw through me, it surprised me. The way he didn't leave, it too surprised me. There was a time where I felt exposed to him, but after the incident, all I have been feeling is numb.

Almost like I have accepted that Justin was meant to get involved, like he was the light at the end of the tunnel. The light that I have been looking for.

"What are you thinking about cakes?" His sudden question took me out of my cloud of thoughts and I cleared my throat.

"N-nothing. I have been meaning to ask, where are your parents? Do you live alone?"

There was a long pause, and it started to grow uncomfortable. Justin moved towards me and sat on the stool opposite me.

"Yeah I live alone." He only answered one question and I understood that he didn't want to talk about it. About his parents.

"What about Nick?"

"He lives with our parents."

"Okay, so will that be my room? The one that I had been sleeping in?" Justin looked up and nodded, probably relieved that I stopped asking about his living arrangements.
"Yeah, if you don't want it then you can-"

"The room is fine Justin, I was just asking." I let out a small giggle.

Justin and I continued to make small talk and about twenty minutes later, the pizza arrived. He arranged the plates and drinks, I wanted to help but he said I should stay put as I was still injured. We had moved to the living room which by the way, looked plain. The walls were white, black couches and a wooden floor. No artwork, flowers, nothing. He switched the TV on and we were watching a comic show on one of the channels.

After our dinner, I really wanted to shower so Justin helped me to the bathroom. Since well I didn't have clothes with me, he offered me his and told me that we will go fetch mine tomorrow at home. My old home.

I think I had to start accepting and getting used to the idea that this will be my new home with Justin. And I can't wait to see how it will unfold.

********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 445 32
"I met Amara Rowe the week she started school here. She watched as an old friend stuffed her face with marshmallows. She left after looking lost, so...
173K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
5.2K 429 35
A reckless girl, but kind hearted. She is beautiful but never believe in herself. Her only aim is to get away from her family. That's what she thinks...
1.2K 230 51
"I loved knowing she was scared of me. My insides were hurting from all the build up anger. It was all her fault. It was her fault my life was a mess...