His Vengeful Game(Wattys2018)

By Skylight2016

CURRENTLY UNDER HEAVY EDITING🤩😔 What kind of woman would dream of falling in love with her boss? Certainly... More

Author Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Mess up Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Senventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two

Chapter Eleven

10.9K 431 13
By Skylight2016

Viviana's Pov

I had the best time at the restaurant with Alex. He's hilarious, sweet, respectful, and charming. Charming. He's like a modern man with an ancient soul. He makes me laugh so hard in the restaurant. At one point, I had to excuse myself to run to the restroom.

I have this thing when I laugh too much. I'll pee on myself.

After being humiliated by Mr. Wright, I didn't even know if I could have a good time at the restaurant with Alex. But surprisingly, I did. Perhaps I shouldn't worry about Wright like he's my father too much.

I should stop worrying about how he sees me. I don't care about him. He's my boss. Not my friend. Not my family. So there's no need for his opinion and mean comments to affect me.

After we finish eating, Alex drops me off. And went back to work.

On my way to Wright's company, this cute man asks me if I want to go out with him. He says he'll treat me like a queen. I smile and shake my head no.

I tuck the loose hair falling to my face, entering the revolving door.

My sight is focused on the man talking to me, that I don't even see Wright standing in front of Abby's desk.

When my eyes stumble on him, my heart skips a beat. There's this feeling again. He makes me so uncomfortable in my skin. His glance holds disgust. At one point, his glance made me feel disgusted at myself.

I halted at the step I was going to take. I want to run out. Right now, I wish they had traveled back in time machine. I swallow. There are too many people in the lobby watching for me to go back out.

Not to mention, his eyes are burning me, pleading with me not to go back out.

I take a deep breath to turn invisible. With my eyes glued on the floor, I walk past Abby's desk.

I don't even smile at Abby. Not daring to look at him, I walk straight to the elevator until Abby's voice pulls me back. If I have a habit of cussing. I would do it right now. But I sigh and walk past him to get to Abby.

I can feel his glare on me. Watching my every step. Anxious, I take the bouquet and open the card in it.

I cannot prevent the smile from reaching the corner of my mouth. Instead, I battle the urge to sob.

"This is not your house. How can you give someone a company address to send you a romantic thing? Do you think that's appropriate?" I jump at his shouting.

What's his problem? Does he swear to humiliate me every time? There are so many people watching us for him to make a scene. And more importantly, why is he casting me as the poor, humiliated punching bag?

Why does he hate me so much? I don't feel the need to say something. But I want him to stop yelling at me in front of everyone. Like I'm his child, so I decide to defend myself. To tell him how this person got my workplace address.

"Sir, I did..." I try to talk to him.

But he shouts at me louder this time. The anger, the disgust, and the hate are apparent to everyone.

"You're an idiot, incompetent, self-centered, and a pathetic girl who throws herself to men with money and you make me go crazy." I close my eyes.

I am praying for the pain of his words to go away. I don't care about his comments. I'm saying to myself.

I look at everyone standing in line, witnessing poor me getting humiliated. I can see the pities in their eyes. Abby telling me, sorry with her glare.

"Alex is my competitor. How stupid can you be? To think that's a good idea to let him screw you like that. He's a worthless piece of crap. He doesn't want you. You're just another one of his playthings." My mouth twists into a hard line

I open my mouth to say something as I'm trying to calm the rage boiling inside my blood. I want to yell back at him. I want to give him my resignation letter. Instead, I shut my eyes, counting to three, before walking to the elevator.

You know what? Enough is enough. I won't let this man talk to me in any way like I'm his slave. I'm his employee. He can either fire me or shut his mouth.

I walk over to him. My heels made the floor cry. Everyone's eyes begging me not to be stupid.

"You know what, I'm tired of you disrespected me. You're my boss, not my father. Even my father doesn't talk to me like you do. Nobody ever did. And I'm talking about people who know me. Not one who pays me to do a job. You don't know me, so stop calling me name." I shout back at him.

The mumure overtaken my hearing. The gasp of people in the lobby grew louder. He'll fire me today. I know that for a fact. So, why not continue?

I look at him, who tries to open his mouth to say something. But, I hold my pointing finger at his face.

"And I don't know why my business so overtakes you. I am not worried if a man like Alex used me as his play toy. He's nice, he respects other people. He doesn't overlook people who don't have money like him, and he surely knows the difference between knowing someone professionally and personally. You, on the other hand, don't have the slightest idea. And if I'm suck, incompetent just like you said, why don't you fire me?" I hold his glare for a moment before walking to the elevator.

My whole existence is trembling, trembling at the fear of losing my job and the heat coming through my body.

I am mad. I'm sad. I'm happy to give him peace of mind finally. I'm also worried about getting fired and being unable to find another job.

The last time, I had a sign that said don't hire on my forehead. What if it happens one more time? I shouldn't yell at him in front of everyone.

God, I can't lose this job. I promised myself I wouldn't raise my voice at him. He's my best option for getting the money for my father's surgery.

Perhaps I was ungrateful. He hired me after I told him I didn't want his job. When nobody wanted to hire me, he did. Even after, I had the worst attitude on the planet.

He just brings out the worst in me. Rage, hatred, and desire I didn't know I had. He brings them to my consciousness. And it scares me.

After pacing back and forth in my office for thirty minutes, I walk to his office holding the computer and the resignation letter. No, this letter was already typed. I typed this letter on my second day on this job. I knew I wouldn't last a year.

He's sitting behind his desk, focusing on the computer screen. I knock before he permits me to enter.

I enter. Once I get in the middle of the room. I stop. I stare at my feet for a moment. I'm embarrassed to even look at him.

After a minute of planting there, I hear him inhale. And stop typing.

"Do you need something, Miss Laurent?" He asks in his normal voice before he continues typing.

I clear my throat. Not knowing what to say, I steal a glance at him under my eyelashes.

I walk next to him, "I just want to apologize..."

"For what?" He chuckles. Interrupting the end of my phrase.

Confused, I placed the resignation letter behind my back. It looks like I have nothing to worry about.

"For yelling at you," I say.

"I yelled at you. You don't see me apologize. Like you said, if I have something against your competency, I shouldn't talk to you about it. I should fire you. So don't worry about it. And now, if you're done. Be a good employee and fetch me a cup of coffee." He says.

That's it. He's not firing me. I don't know. I think I should be happy, right? But I don't. I don't even have the slightest happiness in my heart right now.

I worry. I am confused. I am disappointed. I don't know.

It feels like my life is already ruined, and I can do nothing about it.

It feels like I just signed my death wish. Afraid, I walk out his office.

Ohhh, you're in so much trouble, Miss Laurent. Only God wil be able to help.

Tell me what y'all think in the comment below.

Don't forget to VSAC.

Vote, Share and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 39 11
When a young, Lana, finds out her boyfriends cheating on her, what does she do? She did what all of us would do. Refuse his proposal and humiliate hi...
627K 28K 40
Autumn Rene Wright, at the age of Twenty-Five, hasn't come to terms with the shitty life she's been dealt. Hard times have turned her into a timid an...
81.9K 3.6K 47
What happens when you set your heart on vengeance and falls in love instead? That's the question Michael Wright asked himself every second of the day...
637K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...