Please be my nightingale (Cam...

By demodino

"I don't get it. You live in the castle? As a what? As a maid?" Camila snorts and chuckles about her commen... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97

Part 75

757 34 5
By demodino

Happy Friday to all of you and a huge thanks for reading as always!!!!!!!!!!

 Here's a little Camren chapter :) Enjoy ♥

Part 75.

After Normani left her room, she's wide awake and alarmed in some way. Her weed made her sleepy and she looked forward to falling into her bed to just blank out and sleep. She's not mad that her friend came over to talk. She knows they just look out for her but she's pissed that the freaking headmaster called her in to talk about her and she hates when people talk about her behind her back. If he wanted to know how she's doing, he should have asked her. It's nobody else's business, friend or not friend. She hates when people want to interfere in her life because they thought they would help her and she can't repeat it enough, she would ask for help is she needed it. She's kind of happy though that she doesn't need a tutor which would have been humiliating but instead gets help from Normani..just in case as her backup plan. She's not thinking on depending on her friend. She knows she can be quite snappy and she doesn't want to be like that around her best friend which will push her away even more. Lauren huffs out annoyed...She could need another smoke to relax again. But then she remembers Normani's last words. Connect with Camila.

They haven't talked in like forever. Thinking about it, it has actually been about a week when they last spoke to each other and even then, very briefly cause one of them had something to do. That connection thing has been working well for about a week and changed when Lauren got hired and fell behind in school and relationships in general. She's thinking about connecting with Camila another time but just thinking about her so intensively connected them as it seems because she suddenly hears the familiar voice of the princess.

Lolo?

Hey Camzi. She kind of uses the nickname on purpose because she awaits a mad girlfriend on the other side of the line.

Are you ok?

Yeah and you?

Don't know. Better now I guess.

Lauren gulps. She didn't think about the fact that Camila is always in danger and something could happen to her at any time. I'm sorry.

What are you sorry for?

That I wasn't around

It's ok..

No, Camz, something could have happened to you and I had my mind on other things.

Well, good to know that you only care because I'm in danger.

Ugh, no Camz.. That came out wrong.

But it's the truth.

There's silence on both sides. They both don't want to fight but it's hard being parted like this and there's so much that they want to tell each other..but prefer to do so in person.

I heard you got a job

Yeah, uhm, I

Lauren, you don't need to explain why you didn't tell me. Tell me about it instead.

Lauren is nervously picking on her nail polish.

It's ok I guess..

So, you don't like it?

It fulfills its purpose that I earn money.

Lo, you do know that you don't have to work, right?

Camz, I want to, ok? I have my reasons and I don't want to fight please.

Ok. Just follow your heart and listen to your body and stop when it gets too much.

How do you know that it -?

Lo, you..I mean we haven't connected within a week. I knew something was up. I just didn't know what. You wouldn't let me in.

I'm sorry. I was just stressed.

Babe, remember you're not alone.

I know. Lauren sighs. She doesn't like the topics and would prefer talking about something else. She's got everything under control and it's her business what she's doing with her time.

Are you ok though? How are you holding up?

Ok so far. We've made some progress but we needed to move to the colder part of the kingdom for which I wasn't prepared.

You mean you're not having proper clothes? Are you cold, Camz?

Camila stays quiet. She doesn't want to concern her girlfriend that she's indeed freezing in deep snow and fresh one keeps on falling. Her teeth are clattering, and she would do anything just to lay beside Lauren, preferably beneath a big, fluffy blanket.

Yes, I am cold.

Do you have any blankets around?

No, we use them for the ones who are injured and sick. We others don't have anything. But don't worry. I don't plan to stay here long. But instead she knows they are going to have to stay there for a while and if it means that she as the leader is freezing. She'll always put others first since it's a rule as a royal to take care of your people.

Which one is your favorite from home?

The fluffy one.

The brown one?

Yes.

Can I send it to you?

You could, but Lauren I'm fine-

How?

Take it and think about sending it to me and it should work.

Give me a second. Lauren jumps up, gets the blanket which smells like her and scribbles something on a little note before sticking it onto the fabric of the blanket. She takes it into her hands and seconds later they are empty, and she hears a satisfied hum.

Thank you Lo. I love you too.

I hope it'll help you warm up and promise me that you won't give it away. It's for you.

I wouldn't give it away since it smells just like you.

Good.

Babe, you should probably sleep now

It's ok.

No, Lauren, please head to bed.

Ok, I'll. But what about you?

I'll be fine. I promise. Now get under the covers, snuggle up to Leo and fall asleep.

I miss you Camila. So, so much.

I know, Lauren. I know. I miss you too. Every day.

A silent tear rolls down their cheeks before Camila touches her lips and blows a kiss into the air which appears in front of Lauren like a little firework before it disappears again, leaving her in an empty room.

But she's at least having a room while Camila hides somewhere in the snow, now wrapped up in her favorite blanket which barely helps her fight the cold. But the smell of Lauren and the gesture helps to warm her up just a little and eventually both girls manage to fall asleep. Lauren's sticky note between Camila's fingers.

Let me know what you think ♥  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
616K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
91.3K 5.1K 35
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
677K 41.4K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...