Innocent Torture

By ellipticall

republished, but also PAINFULLY unedited disclaimer, story does deal with self harm, explicit language... More

PISSED BUT HELLO AGAIN
0|prologue
1|stumbling in
2|new bruises & bullet wounds
3|meeting again [I]
4|sorry
5|fear
6|chocolate peace[es]
7|caught & shattered
8|one time
9|game
10|pity
11|forget
12|gone
13|escape [I]
14|day-dreams
15|loose ends
16|shaken up
17|afraid
18|merci
19|situations
20|speaking up
21|deals
22|leaving
23|murder
24|hate
25|presents
26|new feels
27|officers
29|Eliza
A/N
29.5|promises
30|desperation
31|putting pieces together
32|guilt and affection
33|signed statements
34|lies and secrets
35|subtle truths
HELP‼️
36|to lose a heart
37|patching up
38|escape [II]
38(love making)
39|love and heartbreak
FICFUN TEA
40|old names
41|easy
Dreame Tea
42|train
43|arrival
44|the end
45|the new beginning
80 FREAKING K
46|night-dreams
47|matching names to faces
48|sullen visits
49|spills
50|meeting again [II]
51|basket of goodies
52|partial truths
53|see you soon
54|Gio
55|memories
update update lol

28|a familiar name

724 35 13
By ellipticall

[ STILL NOT EDITED & THIS CHAPTER IS A MESS ]

J A C K S O N

"You've been in your thoughts a lot lately." Markus said, as I stepped away from the door, walking up to him as I watched him type away on the computer, and I sat down on the armrest of the couch and ran my hands down my face.

"I don't know if that's a good or bad thing anymore." I said, as Markus shrugged and kept his eyes on the screen. "If it's getting in the way of our initial mission, then it's a distraction." He turned to me then, "-and you know just as much as me how dangerous distractions are."

At those words I eyed him, taking into consideration what he was saying for once. If he was referring to Ebony, I didn't want to believe that she was a 'Dangerous Distraction.'

It was dangerous to bring her into this life. But I had no other choice when I found out that she was shot.

"What information did you have on Paris and David." I said, changing the subject as I leaned forward and looked at Markus' computer, as he turned back to it with a sigh and an almost hesitant look on his face. Like he wanted to tell me something, but he held back on it.

"I've got an idea, on where Paris could be." He pulled up some folders, and as he clicked on them, a map popped up with red dots on it.

The dots went from out of state, to right around the corner from us.

"This doesn't give us a distinct spot Markus." I felt myself begin to get annoyed with him, but when he tapped a button on his computer some dots disappeared, and left on the map were two red dots that weren't that far away from us.

"How did you find this." I asked, pulling out my phone as I put the addresses in, and Markus sighed. "I've been having this gut feeling to just type in something that Paris told me, awhile back, and when I did, I followed the trail that led me to here." He said, his voice getting softer and softer as I furrowed my eyebrows at what he said.

"And what did she tell you." I asked, as he shook his head. "Now that I can't tell you." He said, as I let out a deep breath and groaned when he did this. "Why tell me that she told you something but don't tell me the shit." I said, utterly pissed off that he'd do something so childish, but he only ignored me as he pulled up another folder on the laptop.

The same folder with the images that we went over before Jerry died, and I tried to convince him that David was still alive.

"The reason why I wanted to talk to you about David, was because I got a hold of some footage and images from a camera in the alley that the police were surveilling." He tapped on a small video clip, and as it rolled up, and he slipped ahead a few hours, it stopped when a large man and girl seemed to be struggling down the alleyway.

"That's Ebony and Jerry." I said, leaning closer to the computer as I watched them. Jerry was practically dragging Ebony along with him, while also holding his own side.

Because the camera was at the far end of the alley, the very end to be exact, it also caught someone walking up behind them. A dark clothed figure, with their hood on and their hands in their pockets.

"Who the hell is that." I said, now watching as Jerry and Ebony finally made it to the end of the alley, and the camera angle moved, where it was now recording Jerry and Ebony. Jerry waved his arm out, and a cab stopped as he opened the door and set Ebony inside.

And when he closed the door, I myself was shocked to see that he didn't get in with her. And as the cab began to drive off, the camera went back to the dark figure that was walking up behind them. Jerry then turned around, and a few minutes went by as I assumed they exchanged a few words before the person lifted their arm from under their jacket, and a long pistol was aimed right at Jerry's head. And not even a minute later, and without hesitation, they pulled the trigger as the bullet went right through Jerry's skull.

I blinked several times as I stared at the screen. The final image of Jerry lying there on the floor, as his killer walked over him, with no emotion. Then whomever it was began to do the unthinkable as it looked like they were climbing up to the camera, and when they finally got up to it, they lifted the gun one more time before a bullet went right into the camera, making the screen go dark.

How Markus got this footage due to the broken camera was beyond me. But the video sent chills down my spine as I thought of who this ruthless character could be.

"What do you think." Markus said, staring at the screen with the same expression as me as I gulped, and brought my hand up to my face, making sure there wasn't any wetness.

"I need to find out who that piece of shit is," I started as I turned away from the computer, and as I did I nearly jumped out of my skin as Ebony stood behind me staring at the screen with watery eyes.

"I-Is that Jerry." She whispered, her voice wavering slightly as she continued to stare at the screen. As I turned around and saw that the video had begun to replay. As it did I paused it, and then shut Markus' laptop almost on his fingers as I turned back around to Ebony then, beginning to bring her back to the room.

"Why are you up. I thought you were tired-"

"I-I had a dream. A-and I didn't want to stay in that room anymore, alone. S-so when I came out here, I-I wanted to talk to you about the dream. B-But then I saw the video, and-and-" she blinked several times as tears ran down her cheeks, and I pulled her close to me, letting her calm down into my chest.

"Jackson," She said, shaking profusely in my arms as I ran my hand down her back. "Yes Ebony." I said, as I somehow felt her arms tighten around me, as if she was trying to bury herself deeper into my arms.

"David killed Jerry." She whispered, making my arms stiffen around her, and my blood rush from my ears as I went deaf for a second.

"What did you just say." I asked, pulling her away from me, as she wiped her eyes and looked up to me.

"I-I wanted to tell you sooner, b-but I just forgot about it. And then I-I was scared you wouldn't believe me, but after hearing his name, and having th-the dream of feeling that pain from the bullet, over and over, I needed to let it out." As she spoke, my mind immediately latched on to the bullet.

At this moment I didn't dare think of the possibility of David killing Jerry, I thought about that bullet.

"Markus, pull up that map again." I stepped away from Ebony to Markus, as he turned back to his computer, pulling up the map as I pulled out my phone, and went to the voice recording app on it as I walked back to Ebony.

"Lift up your shirt." I said, as she furrowed her eyebrows and began to ask the question why, but I didn't have time to explain because if my suspicions were real, everything would need to be done quickly.

So instead I got down to my knees, and lifted up the sweater, bringing my hands around her waist as I began to peel away the large bandage, but Ebony tried to step away from me. "Ebony, you have to trust me on this." I said, looking up to her as she gulped and then nodded holding up the sweater as I peeled back the bandage fully now.

As I stared at her stomach, at first glance there wasn't anything there that caught my eye. But then I thought back to when I cleaned her wound in the car. I brought my hand around her stomach to her back, running my fingers down her spine as she instantly shivered under my touch, and that's when I saw it.

"The bullet is still there." I whispered out loud, as Ebony tried to step away from me again. "What-" She said, as I pulled her back gently, watching as the bullet disappeared and reappeared under her skin, and under the stitches.

I pulled up my phone, and turned the microphone on, then as I brought it closer to her stomach, a small frequency was heard, and as I brought my hand closer to the head of the bullet underneath her skin, and brought the phone closer I felt her skin turn hot.

And just when it came not even an inch away from her skin, a high frequency was heard from my phone and Ebony flinched away from me and screamed out in pain, clutching her stomach as I got up from the floor, and turned to Markus' laptop.

And sure enough on his laptop, there was a red dot slowly moving to our location.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the one number I knew could help us at this moment.

"Hello." The voice said on the other line as I walked away from the computer and into the kitchen, as I whispered into the phone.

"Ebony's been shot Ravinoff. And the bullet is still inside of her." I glanced around the corner, making sure she didn't follow me into the kitchen as Ravinoff spoke again.

"What hospital are you at." He said, as I saw Ebony staring at the computer, and then I turned back around as I heard some muffled noises and shuffling around on Ravinoff's end as I continued, "Were not at the hospital anymore, it happened a few days ago, and we left because the cops were on to us-"

"Jackson why would you do some crazy shit like that. Your putting the girl in more danger than she's in right now," He sighed. "Do you atleast know who could've shot her, or even what type of gun it was."

I gulped down the voice inside of my head, telling me that what Ebony was saying was a lie. I didnt want to believe what she said about David killing Jerry. But I just couldn't let go of the fact that if David was alive, he could never be that dangerous.

"I-I know that the gun looked like a long pistol. Probably an ACP, or something along those lines." The line went silent for a second before Ravinoff spoke up again.

"Did you say ACP?" He asked, as I nodded and answered, "Yeah." Then I heard some low profanities being thrown left and right, and more rushing.

"Take Ebony somewhere that there can't be any type of noise frequencies interfering with the bullet, or even computers and TVs around. It'll be less painful for her, but also keep your location more safe. If anything the Darwin's are on their way to you right now, and you need to get away asap." I nodded at his words, and stepped out of the kitchen, intending to head right to where Ebony recently was.

But instead, I stopped in my tracks as Markus held a frantic Ebony in his arms.

"Don't take another step, or even dare to say anything to the doc on the phone about this." Markus said lowly, as I gripped the phone in my hand, and balled my other hand into a fist.

"Is she in the other room Jackson?" Ravinoff spoke on the line as I clenched my jaw, and blinked as I stared right at Markus before answering.

"Meet me at Markus' place." I said, hanging up the phone as Markus groaned. "Didn't I just tell you not to do that?" He asked, as my eyes cast down to Ebony, who's eyes reminded me so much of the way Paris begged me to help her back at the hotel. And I found my blood beginning to boil even more.

"Markus if you don't move that gun away from her." I spoke with a low voice, keeping my voice steady as what I really wanted to do was beat his face in for betraying me like this.

"If I don't move the gun away from her then what. Your gonna bash my face in like you did at the bar a few weeks back, because i asked you to help me find my son and you said you didn't care." Markus said, giving me a look I could only define as being hesitant but serious with his words, as I ran my hand down my face at the frustration that resided within me, knowing Ebony could hear every word he said.

I wanted to rip his limbs piece by piece from his body, and watched him beg for mercy as I eyed him with a clenched jaw.

"Why are you doing this. She's done nothing to you, never said shit about you and barely even knows you!" I found myself getting more aggravated at the situation, as I knew I couldn't help Ebony the way I wanted too right now.

And the fact that we were running on a time gamble right now, made the situation even more intense. And my nerves more unstable.

And during this whole charade, whomever put that bullet in Ebony, was probably listening to our whole conversation right now.

"I need to get my son back. And if that means killing this bitch, and getting the money that I need to hand over to the Darwin's to get him back, then so be it." He spit the last three words out as if they were acid on his tongue, and in a way I felt as if he spit the acid on me by just saying that.

"You must really be desperate to think that giving money to the Darwin's will help you find your son." I was the one being so careless with the acid now, as I spoke what i knew Markus would be dumb enough to believe. "Tell me something Markus," I took a step forward, not even caring about his 'threat' at the moment.

"What makes you think that Ebony's worth anything after all? Why would anyone want Ebony. A nobody, dead? She doesn't have shit behind her name, so why do the Darwin's want her life?" My eyes found the shocked ones of Ebony's, as I knew I had to tell Markus something he could believe as he clenched his jaw, and spoke up then.

"Because they had David attempt to kill her. So obviously she's worth something."

Just the mentioning of David's name from him in this predicament caught me off guard. I was star struck in a way, as I took a step back and blinked several times at his words. "W-what did you just say-"

"David has been working with the Darwin's all along to get back at you, for giving up so easily when you couldn't find him. They didn't kill him, and I don't know how in the flying fuck you didn't realize that almost six years ago." He scoffed, and then shook his head. "That's Why Jerry's dead now." He whispered under his breath.

"I ran back the tape, listening to it before you called me to come pick you up from the hospital. And they were for sure exchanging words. It was their last words of hatred towards each other." He continued, as all this new information was doing damage to my mentality.

I didn't know what to feel, or how to feel. But the only thing I felt was the familiar sting of fury filled anger.

"So you knew all this time." I whispered, more to myself than him as he nodded and shrugged. "I needed to keep my son alive, and by doing this I'll hopefully get him back-"

"WAIT NO!" As Markus began to pull the trigger, Ebony stepped out of his grasp and pushed him away from her, maneuvering her way out of the guns path and in the process of pulling herself away from him, she took the gun from his hands and aimed it right at his head.

"Y-You son of a bitch!" Ebony screamed, as her hands didn't even shake holding the gun as she aimed it right at Markus. "You knew Jerry was going to be killed, you knew you fucking knew!" Her voice cracked as I just watched, shocked at this new Ebony.

"Ebony, you need to calm down." I tried speaking, but she didn't even bother to hear my words as she cocked the gun and lifted the safety off. "Where is she." Ebony said, eyes wide and words clear as Markus only put his hands up, shaking his head.

"Where is who, I-I don't know who your talking about-"

"WHERE IS PARIS!" Ebony screamed, once again as I saw her hand clench the gun tighter, her finger hovering over the trigger as I knew at any moment a bullet might come barreling out of that gun.

"There were two addresses, t-that I found, but I haven't visited them."

"Is she alive?" Her voice softened then, as she stared at Markus and he gulped. "I-I don't know, I would hope so." He said, trying to completely change his entire motive.

"Why are you acting like you care about her now?" She asked, taking a step forward with the gun still aiming at him.

"I-I've always cared for Paris, but my sons life is at stake. Your still a child, you couldn't possibly understand." Markus spoke directly at Ebony as she was now close enough that Markus could easily snatch the gun out of her hands.

But he didn't as she blinked several times, before dropping the gun and bringing her head down with it.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, to what I hope wasn't Markus as I furrowed my eyebrows.

Why in the hell was she apologizing? Just those words boiled my blood, and as Markus reached for the gun, to take it from her, I couldn't hold myself back anymore as I took only two steps forward and grabbed the gun out of his hand, throwing it to the side as I pulled my fist back and punched him.

And I punched him, and punched him. Feeling his face crumble underneath my fists didn't help the anger I felt inside. I wanted to kill him. I wanted him to realize that keeping David's life a secret from me was a big mistake, while also putting the life of Ebony's in danger also.

"Jackson stop!" Ebony screamed at me, grabbing my arms as I pulled away from Markus, staring down at his bloody face and wiping my knuckles off on my jeans. "You made a big mistake." I said, as he spit out a wad of blood before looking back at me.

"When you have your own kids, you'll understand." He said with a strained voice as I continued to breathe heavily, watching him on the floor as I wanted to beat him even more.

But I instead turned around, grabbing Ebony by the arm and making my way to the door. As I pulled it open, Ravinoff stood there, his back straight and he eyed us with an expression I hadn't seen ever on him.

Defeat.

"Well well well. What a nice family meeting." A caramel skinned woman came from behind Ravinoff, holding a gun to his back as Ebony grabbed my arm, and I pulled her behind me.

"Who are you." I asked, as the woman only kept her eyes on Ebony.

"My name is Eliza," The woman smiled then, lowering the gun as she looked up to me. "And I am Ebony's aunt."

—-

Oooouuueeeeee Eliza back in the building!!

There will be the implementation of more old characters and new characters. Im trying to tie everything together the best way I can, and although it may be a little confusing now, im going to put the explanation in this story some way some how.

But anywhos, thanks so much for reading and please continue to show your support by voting, commenting, and sharing my story with your folk.

Much much much looooooooooooove,

- Ellipticall <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725 126 30
We were trying for so long to find normal that we forgot what it was. Forever we searched, we survived, we sacrificed, but in the end we had us. Us w...
10.2K 391 40
Short out....(story without word bride style and Yn making pancakes πŸ₯ž) (Updated) What worst condition can be happen when a minute miss understanding...
18.2K 898 36
β€’ Enemies β€’ Friends β€’ Lovers β€’ What if two people destined to be together were too afraid to leave the friend zone? This enemy-to-lovers story focuse...
1K 7 44
I want to warn you now this does have self harm and depression in it. Anyway, it's a story about 2 best friends and their life together. Have fun rea...