What We Wish For

By PennyHart

Lea was an orphan, so when the upcoming Alpha finds out she is his mate he rejects her because he think she's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Extra

Chapter 12

59.3K 1.6K 156
By PennyHart

So the picture on the side is how Lea looks today.

Chapter 12

Jakes POV:

Choose your love. Love you choice. - Thomas S. Monson

I was running over to meet my dad. I didn't get why he wanted me to be there when the new members arrived. It was his job to accept them not mine. I know there isn't too many months left before I take over for him as Alpha, but I knew how this worked, I didn't need to see it again.

Why did they have to come at this time of the day anyway? I was just about to go home with a girl when he called me through our mind link and told me to get my ass down there. He only ever contacted me if it had something to do with the pack or my mom and sister. He, as well as my sister, didn't talk much with me any more. Emily knew from the start that Lea was my mate and my father quickly figured it out, when my wolf freaked out when I discovered that Lea was gone. I guess they were disappointed in me and that was their way of showing it. Somehow I did get why. But me rejecting Lea was just as much for her as it was for me.

My granddad had known about Lea and me, how I don't know and had somehow managed to be there when I found out she was gone. He took me to the woods to talk with me and let me change into my wolf. He was ready to hunt her down, not stopping before he found her. But Louis stopped me first by force. I could have gotten him off me and run after her as I wanted, but I didn't want to hurt him so I stayed back. He then convinced my wolf that she had run for a reason and even if I tried I wouldn't find her. So I stayed home, but not quitting the search. I called every pack in the entire country, even some other counties trying to find out where she was but with no luck. My wolf kept thinking about that kiss with Lea. The one thing I really regretted doing. After that kiss I tried kissing a lot of girls, but none of them came even close to being able to compare with the kiss she and I shared. No one could really satisfy me after that or bring the same feelings. That kiss had my head spinning and making my body hot all over. Just the thought of that kiss had me all excited and I hated how just a memory about it could get me like that. How hot she was when she didn't do as I said.

In that moment of the kiss I thought about what life would be like with her if I could make it happen. But then she had to pull away from me. Something that took me completely by surprise, something that had never happened to me before, a girl had never walked away from me before. But then my brain came back to me and I had to think that I did this for her, as I well as I did it for myself.

I couldn't have someone like her as a mate. You couldn't say she was loved by the others my age, she wasn't hated they just all kind of ignored her. She was shy and kept for herself. She didn't have many friends and she was not strong, she seemed like a push over. I couldn't be with someone like her. I was Alpha and needed a strong outgoing and loving mate. I needed a really beautiful mate who would be able to stand by my side not some weak girl like her. I needed a woman.

And this was what I was doing for her, I knew she would never last as an Alpha female and wouldn't be able to do the job. So actually I was doing both of us and favour. I tried to get her out of my mind, and it went okay, until I kissed her. After that no one really compared to her.

About a year after she had disappeared we where having a pack meeting and I had just said some stuff to the pack when I suddenly felt a pain in my heart and then I felt empty. It took me a second to find out what it was. It was my bond with Lea being cut. I knew I had slept with a lot of girls but Ididn't think she would sleep with anyone. At this my wolf went crazy again and I had to run out from the meeting. To say he was furious was an understatement. I transformed as soon I was out and my wolf started to attack trees. He blamed me for what I had done, not understanding how I could have slept with anyone, knowing if she did the same our bond would break. By the thought of never seeing her again he became so sad I sank to the ground changing into my human self again, and that was how Louis found me hours later. Broken like a child.

After that my wolf only came out when I needed him. Apart from those situations he never showed. He was heartbroken over loosing his mate and angry with me for rejecting her.

When I got to my fathers office, he made me stand up against the wall, as there was only one chair behind his desk. He quickly told me that the new members where transferring to my school and there where two IW members among them. Soon after three people walked in the room, one male and two females. It was obvious that the male and one of the girls ware siblings. They had the same eyes and their faces looked alike as well; the boy must be the IW. The third girl who was walking behind them was hard to get a look at, she was walking so she was always hidden from my sight. As they stopped in front of my fathers desk and I caught a glimpse of her. I could only find one word to describe her with. Beautiful. I couldn't see her that well as she was wearing sunglasses. But it was easy to say she was the hottest woman I have ever seen. She was tan, had long brown hair and long slender legs that seemed to never end. She was wearing a lose white top that showed her left shoulder and high waist shorts. I was normally never together with the same girls more than once and if I was there was always weeks between. But with her I would make an exception. Because if I got her in bed, I was going to be ravaging her for days. Every inch of her freaking body was perfect. And for some weird reason could I not take my eyes off her. See this was what I was talking about in the look department when I was talking about my mate.

"So how was your trip? Did you have time to stop by your apartment before you got here?" My father asked them as they sat down in front of his table.

"Yeah we kind of had to J.B. over here kept whining about wanting something to eat." The guy said pointing at the hot girl. J.B. I wonder what that stands for.

"Well it wasn't my fault. Derek didn't have any proper food at his place and I haven't gotten any proper food since we ate at your parents." J.B. said to the boy. Damn who was Derek. Her mate? Her boyfriend? No it couldn't be her mate, then she wouldn't be here. Maybe it was her brother or something. I really didn't hope she had a boyfriend or a mate then I couldn't hook up with her. If there was something I didn't do, then it was being with girls who had boyfriends. I wonder if she ever had a boyfriend, with that body I can't image she hadn't. But somehow the image of her with another man made me irritated. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my father said my name.

"....Jake. He is going to the same school as you. He is a year older than you and will be Alpha in a year or so." He said gesturing to me. I smiled and nodded to them but only the siblings looked over at me, J.B. didn't even look my way. She just kept looking at my father. Her looking that long a my father only intrigued me more, the fact that she didn't look away as normal wolves would made me wonder about her. "And this is Leo Feldman he's in the IW." He said pointing at the guy. I have to give it to him, it was impressive that he was in the IW, but I already knew that. "This is Elisabeth Feldman." He said pointing to his sister. "And this is Lea Hale, she is an IW as well." He said pointing at the girl the others called J.B.. The information that she was an IW shocked me. I haven't met or heard about a female warrior for a very long time. She didn't look like one either, I couldn't image her doing any serious damage to anyone. Wait did he say Lea Hale. There is no way, that isn't possible. There is no way, just no way this girl in front of me could be Lea Hale. I snapped out of my thoughts to shake all of their hands. As I got to Lea I put my hand out waiting for her to touch my hand. It only took her a second, but for me it felt like much longer, because I would know as soon as I touched her if this was the Lea Hale I was thinking about. As her hand landed in mine I felt sparks. I was in shock. It was not possible how can that old Lea be the same as the one in front of me? They're like worlds apart.

"Well we should get going, it was nice meeting you." Leo said nodding to me and my father, putting an arm around Leas waist, pulling her close kissing her temple. "If I know this one right she is dying so get some food again." He said smiling down to Lea. A little motion that made me want to rip his arm of. Why did I have to feel this way, I didn't want this kind of feeling, I didn't want her. I tore my eyes away from them, trying not to let this effect me.

My father chuckled. "Well of you go, we'll see you at the next pack meeting. Oh and welcome and welcome back." My dad said as they walked out the door. They turned around, Lizzie skipping out of the door with Leo and Lea walking after her, him still with his arm around her. I just stood there staring not really getting that this was really happening.

"Well she became pretty and really strong huh son? Still happy you didn't chose her? Too bad she's with someone else now huh?" He said clapping me on the shoulder as he walked past me smirking. I tensed under that comment; I didn't like that idea, not at all.

I was becoming an Alpha and as an Alpha you need to get a son so you can give your title to your offspring and for that you needed a mate. Not necessary the true mate just a woman you marry or live with and have kids with. You can never mark anyone apart from your mate. And well Jessica's grandfather was my grandfather's beta so she has it in her blood. She is popular, strong minded and she is pretty hot as well. Not the hottest person I have ever seen, I'm afraid I have to say that Lea is that, but she is high on the list. Her and I have been sleeping together for a very long time now, of course I had slept with others as well and we weren't in a relationship. She free to sleep with who she wanted, but she was the only one I kept going back to have sex with. Everyone knows about it, and when I'm taking the place of Alpha, the plan is that she will be the alpha female. I don't really love her, but she's the best partner I could get. She know how to behave, she's liked by the pack and she won't break under the pressure from being alpha female.

After the meeting with my father, mate and her friends I headed home to my apartment. "Hi Rice." James, the guy who will become my beta said as I entered my home. He was sitting in front of the TV plying a game. When James and I got into a better school than our old one, we got our own place. I had first just thought that our old school was fine enough, but my dad talked me into it and made some calls and got Jake and I into our new school. It was pretty normal, but the medical studies were one of the best in the country. Not that I was studying that, no I had to study law. "So how wre the new pack members? Any hot new chicks?" James asked pausing the game turning around to look at me.

"Yeah DeGraw, two new girls. I think one of them may be something for you. Her name is Elisabeth and she is pretty hot." I said not really wanting to tell him anything about Lea. I hadn't told anyone that I found my mate, not even James. I just couldn't get myself to tell him what happened. I sat down beside him and picked up the other game controller to play with him.

"Nice man. Can't wait to meet her at the next pack meeting. But hey I'm hungry won't you make some food?" He asked me still looking at the TV. I wasn't a great cook, I could make a little but it was not much. But I was way better than James. We usually lived of junk food and from time to time I would make some food. But with school and soon having to take the Alpha title, I just didn't have the time.

"No way I'm cooking I have had a long day. And by the way, we don't have any food because someone forgot they should buy some. So I suggest you get your ass out of that couch and go with me to the grocery store and buy some." And as I told him he turned of his TV and followed me. Not because I ordered him to but because he knew it wouldn't be fair if he didn't do it. He is one of the few people around here who doesn't do everything I say and follow my smallest wish. And that is something I really respect him for. But he still obeys if I used my Alpha command.

We got to the store and started to look for some food when James suddenly spoke up. "Damn I would like to tap that girl's ass. Have you seen her? Who is she I mean you won't forget a body like hers." James said to me poking me in the side with his elbow. I looked up to see who he was talking about and of course I got eye contact with no other than Lea Hale and right beside her was that Leo dude. Why were they together again? It didn't set well with me. My wolf was getting pissed off with the thought of her with another guy.

"Sorry dude I think she is taken by that dude beside her." I said to him. Leo had seen us and was now coming over towards us with Lea behind him. I guess she wasn't too fond about being around me.

"Dude you know her? She's from around here?" He asked in mock horror. I didn't have a chance to say anything because they were now almost standing in front of us.

"Hey Jake. So out buying some food as well I can see?" Leo said shaking James' hand while quickly introducing himself. I didn't have a chance to say anything; James beat me to it.

"I'm James." He said and looked over at Lea. "Hi babe, you must be new here. If you need a tour, advice, a date or anything please let me know. Especially with that date thing." James said winking to her. I knew I didn't want her, and that James didn't know she was my mate. But it still bugged me that he talked to her like that. I didn't want him to go out with her. But at the same time, this would be a good way to find out if her and that dude were together.

"Yeah that's never going to happened. And just so you know I'm perfectly capable to find my own way around here, I have lived here for three years. But we got to go so bye." She said turning around walking away from us with Leo close behind her. It was obvious that she didn't want to talk with any of us, but I couldn't help but grin when she turned him down. I don't think I have witnessed James being turned down yet. Mostly because he went after other wolves, and they knew he was going to be my beta and didn't want to turn him down, in hope that he would chose them to stand by his side.

"Okay who the hell is that? How can I not have seen her before?" James asked looking confused. I understood him; I would never have guessed it was her if I had seen a picture of her.

"That was Lea Hale. You know the girl who got adopted by Dana Hale. She was one of the girls who joined our pack again." I said trying to sound as casual as possible. I didn't want him to pick up on anything.

"No way. How did she become so hot? I mean damn I don't think I have seen so fine an ass as hers in a very long time. But that dude is her mate?" He asked me as we walked over to get some cereal.

"Yeah she has changed a lot. But no they aren't mates, I just think they are together. But even if they aren't together I wont get my hopes up, she's an IW now. I don't think you got a chance." Or I hope he doesn't.

"You're kidding right? She's an IW. That is so hot. How the hell did she do that? Damn you must wish now that she had stayed around and that that kiss you two shared could have started something, so that you could tap her ass now huh?" James asked laughing clasping me on the shoulder walking past me. He walked past me to pay for our food, but when I didn't answer him he turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Nah I don't know. She is hot I will give you that, but I'm not sure I want to be with her." I said shrugging.

"As if there is one mate less guy out there who doesn't want to be with her." James said shaking his head. "Now come on lets go home I'm starving." He whined walking out of the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 12.8K 39
Iris has been rejected all her life. By her family, her pack: everyone. So when she meets her mate will he reject her like everyone else? With all...
17.2K 559 26
Stella has seen a lot in her life. After her parent's death, Everyone blamed her for everything and tortured her mercilessly.When she needed someone...
2.1M 45.9K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...
5.9K 472 26
"I was raised as a weapon, crafted into the perfect steel. I'm made of sharp edges and vengeance, and I will not crumble. " What would you be willing...