I Can't Seem To Let You Go

By HibaHadi

[UNDER SLOW EDITING] As soon as she sets foot through the gates of Miami's International Music Academy, sixte... More

1| Camila Cabello✔
2| Shawn Mendes✔
03| Day Four✔
04| Changing Minds✔
05| New Impressions✔
06| Glances✔
07| Breaking Rules✔
08| Party✔
09| Shopping✔
10| Brown Eyes✔
11| Another Chance Missed✔
12| Gold Rush✔
13| Clarity✔
14| Plus-One✔
15| Beautiful Stranger✔
16| Movie Night
17| Two Can Play This Game
18| Breakup
19| Mistake
20| It Was Her Fault
21| Prove It
22| Assignment
23| You'll Thank Me Later
24| First Session
25| Innocent
26| Jordan
27| A Dream Was All It Was
28| Messy
29| If Jealousy Could Kill
30| Complications (Pt. I)
31| Complications (Pt. II)
33| Close
34| Becky From The Block
35| I Over Trust
36| Mercy
37| Bridges
38| What Friends Are For
39| Rock Bottom (Pt. I)
40| Rock Bottom (Pt. II)
41| The Beauty Of Our Love
42| All We Have Is Love
43| Secret Love Song
44| What Matters The Most
45| Making Peace
46| Without A Doubt
47| Perfect
48| Promise Me
49| Assumptions
50| Christmas C'mon (Pt. I)
51| Christmas C'mon (Pt. II)
52| Christmas C'mon (Pt. III)
53| In Your Arms I Belong
54| Before I Could Fall
55| My Real Dream
56| Safe Haven
57| Only You
58| Something Special
59| Lies Are Underrated
60| Seventeen
61| I Don't Like You
62| Losing Trust In You
63| When In Rome
64| Who Are You?
65| Silver Lining
IMPORTANT NOTE
66| Actions Speak Louder Than Words
67| Sweet Revenge (Pt. I)
68| Sweet Revenge (Pt. II)
69| Sweet Revenge (Pt. III)
70| Bottled Up Emotions
71| Reality Check
72| Control
73| As Love Fades Away
74| Way Down We Go
75| Photograph (Pt. I)
76| Beginning Of The End
77| Outbreak
78| Love Will Stay
79| Things I Say When You Sleep
80| Blood On Our Hands
THANK YOU.
...hi?

32| Complications (Pt. III)

1.3K 47 18
By HibaHadi

When it comes to you

There's no crime

Let's take both of our souls

And intertwine

When it comes to you

Don't be blind

Watch me speak from my heart

When it comes to you.

- David Guetta♡

____________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

Okay, this officially proves that I have shitty luck. Him. Out of all people. Damn, why the hell did he have to come here today?

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out to see a text from Austin.

[11:02 a.m.]
Austin❤: Hey I'm so sorry I can't make it. Something came up and I just had to deal with it. Really sorry :(

I frown slightly. Great.

[11:03 a.m.]
Me: it's okay no biggie :)

I shove my phone back in my pocket as I look at the table Shawn's is sitting at. He's all alone, stirring his coffee mindlessly for what seems like forever. I can tell something's on his mind.

After a moment, I get up and go to his table. "Mind if sit down?" I say and he looks up me shocked then shakes his head. I sit down across from him and sigh. "Look, we can't keep ignoring each other like this. You know that we have talk to each other sooner or later." I say and he looks up at me briefly as he keeps stirring his coffee.

"I know that things didn't exactly go smoothly between us lately and I hope that we could change that." I say then he looks up at me. "What do you mean?" He asks. "We forget everything that happened and start over." I say and he looks at me for what seems like forever. I think almost see the same look I saw in his eyes that day. Hurt.

"O-okay." He says and I smile. "So, friends?" I say as I extend my hand for him to shake. He looks at it briefly before shaking it. "Friends." He says and I smile. I realized that I've had enough of the complications that were between us and I decided to end them. I'm also going to ignore what I think I feeling for Shawn for the sake of our friendship. I don't want things to get even more awkward between us because we're both in relationships and I don't exactly know if he could possibly feel the same way. I don't want to jeopardize our friendship again.

........................

Lauren's P.O.V.

I walk around in circles around my room waiting for Camila's mother to call. She told me earlier that she was going to speak to Camila about this whole Austin thing and call me back once she's done. It's been an hour and she still hasn't called.

Seconds later, my phone rings and I rush to pick it up from my nightstand. "Hello?" I say, not bothering to see who's calling.

"Lauren, dear." It's Mrs. Cabello. "Mrs. Cabello? How did it go? Did she agree to break up with him?" I throw her with questions. "Not great. She refused to believe that Austin's using her and rushed upstairs to her room."

"Oh, I... didn't expect that." I say. "It's okay, Lauren, don't worry about it. I'll find a way to make her realize that what she's doing is wrong and break up with him." She says and I nod stupidly. "Okay." I say.

We say goodbye before the line goes dead. I run my fingers through my hair as I throw my phone on my bed and continue to walk around my room. I'm even more worried now. Camila's really stubborn when it comes to Austin and I'm not exactly sure if she's going to listen to her mother if she tries to speak to her about this again. This situation is hopeless.

I hear a knock on my door minutes later. "Yes?" I say and the door opens revealing my little sister, Taylor. "Lauren, mom's calling you downstairs for lunch." She says and I nod. "I'll be down in a sec."

She nods and closes the door. I sigh and sit down on my bed for a minute before finally getting up and making my way downstairs. Guess this'll have to wait for later.

I make my way to the table where my mother and my brother, Chris, are sitting and sit down. Taylor comes a moment later and sits next to me.

I stir my soup blankly as my siblings converse with my mother about random stuff and I think about the danger Camila's currently in. I don't know if she'll listen to anyone and break up with Austin. If she only knew what she's throwing herself into. I know that I'm over thinking the situation right now but I'm seriously worried about her.

"Mija?" My mother says, interrupting the flowing of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I look up at her. "What's going on? Are you alright? You've been zoning out a lot lately." She says and I shake my head. "I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I am." I say as I drink some water. "Excuse me." I get up from the table. I go upstairs to my room and grab my phone. I never thought I'd do this but I text Ariana.

[1:18 p.m.]
Me: Hey Ari do you wanna hang out today? xxx

She replies almost immediately.

[1:18 p.m.]
Ariana😒: sure Starbucks? xx

[1:19 p.m.]
Me: sounds cool meet ya there in 10 xxx

[1:19 p.m.]
Ariana😒: k bye :) xxx

I lock my phone and shove it in my pocket before slipping on my white Converse and heading downstairs.

"I'm going out with a friend. Call me if you need anything." I tell my mom. "Sure, mija. Just don't be out for too long." She says. "Okay." I say then head out the door. I really need to get my mind off things.

......................

Camila's P.O.V.

I hear a sudden knock on the door as I'm watching The Vampire Dairies. "Come in." I say. The door opens revealing my father. I smile when I see him and turn down the volume. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, sweetheart." He says as he sits on the edge of my bed. "Look, mom told me about what happened earlier and I know you're upset. But we're really, really worried about you, Camila, and we want what's best for you. And clearly Austin is not." He says and I roll my eyes. "Dad, please. If you're going to lecture me about this like mom did, then please know that with due respect towards you I'm not going to listen."

"Sweetie, I'm not going to lecture you. I'm only going to warn you, from him. The Mahones have been our rivals for many years, as you're mother has told you, and they can't be trusted. You have to realize that Austin's using you because I don't want you to get hurt. After all, you're my little girl and the future heir of the company. All I want is for you to be safe and happy. And I don't think that Austin is who you're looking for." Dad says and I shake my head.

"No, you don't know him like I do. Nobody knows him like I do. Why is the entire world suddenly turning against me? Why can't anyone just be happy for me?"

"Because we think you're in danger while you're with him."

I sigh and look away from him. "Camila, we want what's best for you, therefore I advise you to end things with Austin." He says and I look at him. "Dad, can we please stop talking about this?"

"As you like, but that doesn't mean that we won't talk about this again." Dad says and I sigh. "Goodnight, angel." He kisses my forehead before exiting the room. I bury my face in my hands as I think about the situation I'm in. Why is everyone turning against me? My friends, my family, everyone. The only person who hasn't said anything about Austin is Shawn. He seems to accept the fact that he and I are together and won't be separating anytime soon. He's the only person who didn't judge me and I love that about him.

..........................

Shawn's P.O.V.

"She totally friendzoned me, Haiz!" I say as I pull out a soda from the fridge. "Well, I'm sorry that happened, but don't you think you're over thinking things? I mean, it's not that big of a deal." Hailee pulls her hair into a messy top knot.

"Not that big of a deal? Excuse me, but weren't you the one begging me to admit that I like Camila?" I plop on the couch while Hailee just rolls her eyes and turns the T.V. on.

"Look, I know that you don't like the situation you're currently in and you feel awkward as hell, but trust me, things will fall into place soon. As soon as we clear that Austin douche out of the way." Hailee says and I sigh. "Well, what if we manage to get Austin out of the way? You think that'll make Camila happy? So what now we'll force her to like me? And what the hell am I supposed to do with Ariana?" I fire her with questions. She rolls her eyes and turns to face me.

"You ask too many questions." She gets up and walks to the kitchen after the microwaves starts beeping, indicating that the popcorn is ready.

"I already told you that I'll handle things so can you please stop asking me about it? I'll clear Austin out of the way, find out if Camila likes you or not and get you two together in the right time. Please don't make my head explode."

"Bur what about Ariana?" I say and Hailee sighs. "Dude, Ariana is your problem. You find a way to tell that you don't feel anything for her. Or you could just shut up and keep Ariana as your girlfriend and make this easier for both of us." She empties the bag of popcorn in a bowl.

"Haiz, you know I don't want that."

"Then don't worry about anything. I can handle this situation."

"Look, Haiz, you're my best friend and I appreciate you trying to help me but I just really don't want to get you in a mess that you have nothing to do with." She sits next to me and places the popcorn bowl between us.

"See, that's exactly what true friends do. They butt into their best friends' personal business and try their best to help fix their problems no matter how sticky the situation gets." She says and I smile at her. "Thanks, Haiz. I really appreciate it."

"I know, I'm awesome." She says and I laugh. I'm so thankful that people like her still exist in this world. I'm so proud to call her my best friend.

.............................

Becky's P.O.V.

Dinah and I decided to go window shopping at the Mall of Miami for the day since we really have nothing better to do. We come across Forever 21 and decide that we should head inside.

I look through some crop tops and find a lace, white one. I decide that I want to try it on then walk across the store to the change rooms. I suddenly bump into someone causing them to drop whatever they were carrying and apologize quickly before picking up the pair of black, open-toed heels and the banana crop top they were carrying. The top actually looks really cute. Hey, I know that style anywhere.

I look up at the person and my mouth hangs open when I see them. "What are you doing here?" I say to Camila who's standing in front of me.

"What am I doing here? I'm sorry, but the last time I checked you didn't own this mall and I don't need permission from you to come here." She says and I roll my eyes. "Just step aside already, I've more important things to do than speak to you." I say as I pick up my crop top and walk away from her.

"Like what? Stalking my boyfriend?" She says and close my eyes and take deep breath before turning around. "What did you say?"

This is not how I expected to spend my Tuesday.

Camila crosses her arms. "You heard me. I saw you gawking at him the day we were leaving the academy." Oh my God! I can't believe that girl is LYING about me to my face like that!

"I was not!" I say as I step closer to her. "You were! Admit it already! You are jealous of me and you want Austin and I to break up so you could have him!" She says and I gasp. "I don't! I wouldn't want him if he's the last human being on earth!" I almost yell.

"Oh, yeah? Why else would you call my mom and tell he that you saw Austin saying that he's using me for money?" Camila says and I furrow my eyebrows. "I never called your mom."

"Yeah, sure. Who else would it be beside you?" She says as Dinah steps into the conversation. "Hey, what he'll is happening here, you two?"

"She's accusing me of stalking her 'boyfriend'!" I tell Dinah and she looks at Camila for a second. I can't exactly make out the expession on her face.

"Come on, Becky. Let's go." Dinah says as she pulls me away and I stop her and look at Camila. "Don't come running to us when Austin dumps you, okay? Because that's when you'll realize that you have no friends." I say then turn around, not giving her a chance to respond. Like I said before, she asked for it and she got it. I don't care what happens to her anymore. And I'm going to erase from my memory that I ever knew a girl named Camila Cabello or that she was once my best friend.

...........................

____________________________________
______________

Mid term exams are right around the corner so temporary hiatus starts now.

xxx♡Hiba♡xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 487 40
This is a fictionary world with Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. The world is divided in 4 groups: the Fire Foxes, the Water Dolphins, the Air Birds...
63.5K 1.7K 40
Camila Cabello goes through a heart wrenching journey to find out if love is for her. Shawn Mendes, her current boyfriend , is also riding a confusin...
399K 14.3K 50
warning: •explicit language •same sex paring •mention of child abuse ••• yes, I'm back with another book that probably won't be updated bc I'm st...
1.8K 124 31
Katie is just a normal girl that lives in Toronto. Not the popular girl at school and just has one friend, her best friend Kailey. But one day her da...