I Can't Seem To Let You Go

By HibaHadi

[UNDER SLOW EDITING] As soon as she sets foot through the gates of Miami's International Music Academy, sixte... More

1| Camila Cabello✔
2| Shawn Mendes✔
03| Day Four✔
04| Changing Minds✔
05| New Impressions✔
06| Glances✔
07| Breaking Rules✔
08| Party✔
09| Shopping✔
10| Brown Eyes✔
11| Another Chance Missed✔
12| Gold Rush✔
13| Clarity✔
14| Plus-One✔
15| Beautiful Stranger✔
16| Movie Night
17| Two Can Play This Game
18| Breakup
19| Mistake
20| It Was Her Fault
21| Prove It
22| Assignment
23| You'll Thank Me Later
24| First Session
26| Jordan
27| A Dream Was All It Was
28| Messy
29| If Jealousy Could Kill
30| Complications (Pt. I)
31| Complications (Pt. II)
32| Complications (Pt. III)
33| Close
34| Becky From The Block
35| I Over Trust
36| Mercy
37| Bridges
38| What Friends Are For
39| Rock Bottom (Pt. I)
40| Rock Bottom (Pt. II)
41| The Beauty Of Our Love
42| All We Have Is Love
43| Secret Love Song
44| What Matters The Most
45| Making Peace
46| Without A Doubt
47| Perfect
48| Promise Me
49| Assumptions
50| Christmas C'mon (Pt. I)
51| Christmas C'mon (Pt. II)
52| Christmas C'mon (Pt. III)
53| In Your Arms I Belong
54| Before I Could Fall
55| My Real Dream
56| Safe Haven
57| Only You
58| Something Special
59| Lies Are Underrated
60| Seventeen
61| I Don't Like You
62| Losing Trust In You
63| When In Rome
64| Who Are You?
65| Silver Lining
IMPORTANT NOTE
66| Actions Speak Louder Than Words
67| Sweet Revenge (Pt. I)
68| Sweet Revenge (Pt. II)
69| Sweet Revenge (Pt. III)
70| Bottled Up Emotions
71| Reality Check
72| Control
73| As Love Fades Away
74| Way Down We Go
75| Photograph (Pt. I)
76| Beginning Of The End
77| Outbreak
78| Love Will Stay
79| Things I Say When You Sleep
80| Blood On Our Hands
THANK YOU.
...hi?

25| Innocent

1.5K 63 52
By HibaHadi

I feel like my heart is stuck in
Bumper to bumper traffic
I'm under pressure
'Cause I can't have you
The way that I want
Let's just go back to the way it was
When we we're on honeymoon avenue.
- Honeymoon Avenue, Ariana Grande♡

____________________________________
______________

Lauren's P.O.V.

I go down two flights of stairs to get to the second floor where Camila's dorm is. As soon as I get there, I knock on the door softly. Moments later, the door is opened by Camila. She smiles at me and I smile back. God, how I wish we were close friends.

"Hi." I say. "Hey, come in." Camila says as she steps aside for me to go inside. "Thanks." I say as I go inside. I sit down on the couch and Camila sits on Ally's bed. "Ally's at the library for a history research and Dinah's probably catching Z's since she hasn't posted anything on instagram all morning and Normani's at the gym. But they all should be here soon." She says and I nod.

"In the meantime, snack?" She asks as she walks towards the minifridge.  "Sure." I say. It's amazing how kindly that girl treats me even after everything I've done to her. She really is an angel.

Camila grabs a gigantic tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream and two spoons then sits next to me on the couch as I plaster probably the stupidest looking smile on my face. "This is my favourite ice cream flavour." I say.

"Are you serious? Me too!" Camila says handing me a spoon and we start to devour the tub of ice cream. "Can I ask you something?" I say, breaking the silence. "Sure." Camila says right before she shoves a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. I hesitate before speaking.

"D-did you and Austin break up?" I ask and she looks at me then back down at the tub for a moment before nodding. "I guess you got what you wanted now." She says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"N-no. I don't want him and I never will." I say and she looks at me weirdly. "I'm sorry, but weren't you the one who almost got me badly ingured for the sake of Austin? So you technically have no right to say that." She says and I look down at my knees. I feel horrible for doing that but I had no choice, I promise.

"Hey, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." She places her hand on my shoulder. "I didn't want to. I never wanted to. I was forced to." I blurt out not having enough strength to look her in the eyes. "W-what do you mean?" Camila says and I quickly shake my head. "N-nothing."

We continue to eat the ice cream as we sit in an uncomfortable silence. "So, how did it happen?" I ask breaking the silence. "What?" Camila shrugs. "The breakup." I say and she looks away. Oops.

"It-it's too painful for me to talk about right now." She says and I nod. "I-I understand. I'm sorry."

"It's all good."

...................

Camila's P.O.V.

The girls and I just finished working for today and I have to admit, I think we can actually get picked to record! We just sound too good together!

I pick my phone up from the nightstand and plop down on the couch. I unlock it and flip through my contacts trying to find Becky to ask her to hang out tonight. I spot Shawn's contact and my finger hovers over it for a bit, deciding whether I should tap it or not. I almost forgot I still have his number. I thought about deleting it when this whole Austin thing started but I decided against it. Shawn has offended me immensely and definitely didn't act like the gentleman he claims to be around me for a while, but I can't stay mad at him forever. We were once friends after all. And he's really a sweet person.

I end up tapping his contact and typing a message.

Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to talk.

My finger hovers over the send button, debating on whether I should tap it or not. After a bit, I delete the message and lock my phone. I lean my head back on the couch covering my face with my hands and sigh heavily. Why is it so hard for me?

I hear a sudden knock on the door and get up to open it wondering who it is. I open the door and see Hailee standing there with a smile plastered on her face. "Hey, Haiz. How's it going?" I smile.

"All good, but there's no time to speak because I need to show you something." She says before grabbing my hand and pulling me down the stairs. "Wait, Haiz! Where are we going?" I ask trying my hardest not to fall down the stairs since she's walking real fast with her hand tightly clasped to mine. "You'll see." Is all she says. What the hell?

She takes me to the area between the two buildings. "Okay, I can't accompany you any further from here so you'll have to carry on by yourself. Good luck and have fun." Hailee says getting me even more confused now. What the hell is she talking about?

"Oh, and don't forget to give me all the deets when you get back." She says then gives me a quick hug and walks away quickly. I throw my arms up in the air then let them fall to my sides. What in the name of chocolate banana milkshakes is going on?

I shake my head in disbelief and decide to just go see what's waiting for me around the back. I turn around the corner to the area behind the student building.

I stand in my place shocked to see Shawn out of all people standing there with his back against the wall. With annoyance building up inside me, I stomp over to him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest. He turns his head towards me and his eyes get as big as saucers when he sees me.

"Wait, I think I'm supposed to be asking you the same question." Shawn says. "Well, Hailee told me that there's something she wanted to show me." I say.

"She told me the exact same thing. Wait, you know Hailee?" Shawn asks furrowing his eyebrows and I nod slowly. "Yeah, but how do you know her?" I ask. "Childhood best friends." He says casually and I nod. That sneaky Hailee.

We stand in an uncomfortable silence for a minute before he speaks up.

"While we're here, I want to say a few things and will very much appreciate it if you listen to what I have to say." Shawn says and I nod. "Go on."

................

Hailee's P.O.V.

Alright, change of plans, people! I'm gonna let Shawn and Mila to speak to each other personally and resolve their problems on their own. But I'm not leaving these two alone without getting inside information on their whole conversation. Besides, I don't know what to expect from these two; they could just run off in separate directions and pretend this whole thing never even happened! And I'm supposed to be there to prevent that!

So right now I'm standing behind them but very, very far from them; I'm standing at the side of the school building while they're behind the student building and I'm listening to every single word they're saying!

"Wait, you know Hailee?"

"Yeah, but how do you know her?"

You're probably wondering how I'm listening if I'm that far off. It's simple, really.

Flashback.

"Oh, and don't forget to give me all the deets when you get back." I say then give Camila a quick hug, slowly inserting my fingers into her collar and clipping a speaker on it during the process.

I walk away quickly and turn around the other corner to the school building so that Camila doesn't know where I'm headed. As soon as I get to the side of the building, I pull an earpiece out of my pocket and clip it on my ear. I adjust it a little before turning it on. I hear a slight shaking noise before the sound becomes clear.

"What are you doing here?" Camila says through the speaker. "Perfect." I smile as I cross my arms and lean my back against the brick wall.

End of flashback.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I know, what I'm doing is totally disrespectful to their privacy but I have to make sure they become friends again, maybe even more. Who knows?

"While we're here, I want to say a few things and will very much appreciate it if you listen to what I have to say." Shawn says through the speaker. "Go on." Camila says. Here goes.

"Firstly, the reason why I've been ignoring you is... is that I promised Ariana that I-I wouldn't talk to you a-again." Shawn explains and I can already feel Camila exploding with shock.

"W-What?" She stutters. "I didn't want to but you know how demanding Ariana can be. I was forced to and I hate myself for it." Shawn says.

"B-but you could've at least told me, you know." Camila says. "How am I supposed to tell you that I promised my girlfriend that I'll never speak to or be seen with you ever again because your bad for my rep that I don't give a shit about?" Shawn almost yells. "You're right, that does sound pretty bad."

"Now I want you to know that I'm deeply very sorry and that I'm no longer keeping that promise and I don't care what Ariana has to say about that." Shawn says. "O-okay."

"Now tell me why you were crying at the library that day because it really bothers me." Shawn says. Okay, a lot of dramatic crap is about to happen.

There's silence for a minute before Camila speaks up. "Austin and I broke up."

"What? How?" Shawn sounds a little too surprised. Camila tells him how they broke up. "Who does he think you're cheating on him with, anyways?" Shawn asks. There's another long silence before Camila speaks. "H-he thinks it's... y-you." Wait, WHAT?

"WHAT?" Shawn yells as I furrow my eyebrows. Camila never told me that Austin thought it was Shawn!

"I tried to convince him that I never sent any of those texts to you but he didn't listen and ended everything between us." Camila says. "Where did he even get these texts?" Shawn asks and Camila hesitates before speaking.

"I-I don't know."

There's yet another silence before I hear Shawn's voice. "You have no idea how worried I was about you."

"You were?" Camila asks. "Yes, I was. I care about you, Camila, I really do. And I want you to know that." Can I just say that these two would look adorable together?

...................

Camila's P.O.V.

"Yes, I was. I care about you, Camila, I really do. And I want you to know that." Shawn says delicately as my eyes cloud up with tears. So It was Ariana after all. She took away my boyfriend and also kept me and Shawn from each other. It was all her fault. Although, it's also partly mine for not giving Shawn a chance to explain earlier. I knew that Shawn cared about me but I just wouldn't admit it to myself, until now.

I try to fight back the tears but fail miserably. "You do care. I know that you do. I knew it all along and I'm sorry I didn't realize it until now." I say as I run to him and hug him tightly, burying my head in his chest, letting my tears wet his shirt. "It's all my fault. I'm so, so sorry." I say, my voice cracking as Shawn wraps his strong arms around me and caressing my hair gently.

"Shh, it's okay. Nobody blames you for anything." His delicate words seep into my ears and I feel comfort listening to them as more tears spill from my eyes. I've never felt this vulnerable before. I'm breaking down easy, I'm showing him that I'm weak, but I don't give a shit right now.

"Just relax." Shawn says softly. I calm down a bit as I listen to his heart beating under his chest. It sounds... comforting. I close my eyes for a minute feeling a fresh breeze of air blowing in my face then open then again and watch the sun slowly starting to set. This feels perfect.

I take my head off his chest and look him in the eyes. "So you forgive me?" I say. "I was never mad at you in the first place." He smiles softly. I fix my gaze to his lovely chocolate brown eyes for a moment before flicking it down to his lips and seeing him do the same. I feel myself slowly leaning in. A voice in my head is screaming, "Camila, no! Stop! Don't do it!" But I ignore it as Shawn leans in as well. We're so close right now that if one of us moved a muscle we'd be kissing.

I don't know what I'm doing. What am I even doing? A part of me wants to so bad, but another part of me just wants me to step away and forget this whole thing ever even happened. But I can't. I just can't.

My heart starts to race a mile a minute as I get lost in Shawn's eyes. I swear that they get me every time I look at them. It's just crazy what he can do to me without even doing anything, how weak he makes me feel. What's happening to me?

I close my eyes and slowly close the gap between us. That voice inside my head screams, "NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But I choose not to listen to it.

Shawn slowly starts to kiss back gently. He doesn't go fast or rough, which I appreciate very much. I wrap my arms around his neck as Shawn's hand goes down to my waist and the other one cups my cheek. I let myself get lost in this kiss, not thinking about anything, not worrying about anything at all. I feel safe here. Safe in his arms.

This is exactly how I imagined my first kiss to be. Only I didn't know who it would be with and I never in a million years thought that it would end up being Shawn. But what's important right now is that it happened. Exactly how I wanted it to be. Innocent.

We pull away after a moment and I briefly look into Shawn's brown eyes. He tucks a stray curl of my hair behind my ear and smiles softly. Realizing what I've just done, I step away.

"I-I'm so sorry." I say right above a whisper. I turn on my heel and run as fast as I can, not wanting to see any reaction from him. I'm so stupid!

"Camila, wait! Don't go!" Shawn yells from behind me but I ignore him as I turn around the corner to the side of the student building, leaving him standing cluelessly near the football field around the back. I collapse down the brick wall and hug my knees up to my chest burying my face in them as I cry bitterly. What the hell have I done?

......................
BOOM! CLIFFHANGER! I'm genuinely very happy with this chapter and I suppose that you are too!! xx

Vote+Comment+Share and follow me if you want to xxx

Alright people question of the day:
Pick an app:
A. Instagram
B. Twitter
C. Snapchat
D. Facebook

I honestly can't choose between Instagram and Snapchat :D what do you guys think? xx Have a nice day! <3

xxx♡Hiba♡xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 10.5K 47
TW: MENTIONS OF RAPE, ABUSE, DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. Includes sexual context, read at your own discretion! - - - - - - Camila Beckett. She promises hersel...
63.5K 1.7K 40
Camila Cabello goes through a heart wrenching journey to find out if love is for her. Shawn Mendes, her current boyfriend , is also riding a confusin...
18.5K 1K 12
Camila's senior year of high school seems amazing. She has perfect friends, the perfect part in the school play, and the most perfect boyfriend, her...
4.6K 258 34
DISCLAIMER: there will be more than one ship Famous model Lauren Jauregui has a rule. She doesn't make love, she fucks. But what happens when she mee...