15 Things

By acting_is_mylife

At age 15, Autumn Paisley is diagnosed with lymphoma and told she only has a year left. She creates a bucket... More

15 Things
1: Little Leaf
2: Diagnosis
3: Radiation
4: Results
5: Back To School
6: Bucket List
7: Telling Adrian
8: The Note
9: Sworn
10: Driving
11: Adrian's Plans
12: Delaware and Pennsylvania
13: New York
14: Vermont
15: The Next Six
16: Maryland
17: Virginia
18: The Next Three
19: Florida
20: Alabama and the Next Five
21: Five More Adventures
22: Missouri, Arkansas, and Three More
23: Oklahoma
24: Jayson
25: Kansas
26: Seven More States
27: Arizona
28: Utah and Idaho
29: Nevada
30: California
31: Oregon and Washington
32: On Their Way to Alaska
33: Alaska
34: Driving, Driving, Dreams
36: Messages
37: Cough
38: Life Span
39: Surgery News
40: Birthday
41: Midnight of the 31st
42: Merry Christmas
43: The Book
44: Signing
45: The Future of Audrey Prickland
46: New Year's Eve
47: Call-In
48: Response
49: A Role with a Cough
50: Recording
51: Viewing Party
52: Questions
53: A Short Stroll Down Memory Lane
54: Mysteries
55: Valentine
56: Think About It
57: Googling Jaxson
58: Bombing
59: Reply
60: How to Succeed
61: School Once More
62: Shopping
63: Prom
64: Hoping
65: Awkward Adrian
66: Spring Break
67: Just Two
68: Hospital
69: Adrian's Change
70: The Beginning
Epilogue

35: Home Again

75 4 0
By acting_is_mylife

The last day of summer break. 

It amazes her that it went by so fast. In three months, she had explored the entire country. 

In two days, she'd have to go back to school as a junior. 

Today was schedule pickup and orientation, so Adrian had timed their return well. She wakes at nine and walks over to the school. 

Adrian pops out of nowhere. "Well, long time no see," he says casually. 

Autumn laughs. "That was the best summer break of my life! I can't believe you planned all that for me! I loved New York. That was the best. No, it was probably Maine. Or Pennsylvania. Or Wyoming... Gosh, I can't choose! It was all so amazing and beautiful and..." she gushes. 

"Wow," he interrupts. "You've never been this talkative in your entire life!"

She giggles. "It's so cool, though!"

He smiles. "I thought so, too."

They get to the table where the schedules are kept for their grade levels. Autumn tells her name to the old lady behind the table. 

"Here you are, Autumn! I'm your Journalism II teacher! I can't wait to have you in class!" the lady says cheerfully. 

Yes, Autumn thinks, I got into Journalism II!

She smiles at her teacher and skims her schedule. She got her first choice electives. 

It's going to be a good year, with junior/senior lunches so she can sit with Adrian, and fun writing and English classes to look forward to. 

Adrian goes to her. "Anything exciting?" she asks. 

"Well, other than getting most of my second choices, not really," he says nonchalantly, though he looks upset. 

"Let me see," she says, and takes his schedule from him. "AP Chem? You're going to love that! And Engineering II, that's cut out for you!" She hands it back. "It's gonna be a good year, don't you think?"

The enthusiasm returns to his eye. "Yes," 

Suddenly, Autumn falls silent. She doesn't say what she's thinking out loud. 

If I get to live through it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...