The Beast

By palepinkferriswheel

To the world he was a beast but for her he would do anything. He could have the world but all he wanted was h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note-Important
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note

Chapter 48

1.3M 37.1K 20.2K
By palepinkferriswheel

I let out a huff, blowing my bangs out of my face in frustration. As much as I loved sleeping, I just wasn't able to sleep today. I'd tried everything, from reading non fiction books about penguins to counting sheep, I preferred alpacas so I'd counted those instead. But I still just couldn't sleep. It didn't help that I had an afternoon shift at the cafe tomorrow, so getting to sleep now was important or I wouldn't be well rested enough to deal with customers. I gulped in dread as I remembered we still hadn't gotten our delivery of chocolate, it was delayed to two days after. The customers were not going to be happy to know that the chocolatey baked goods they were looking forward to eating, were unavailable.

Letting out a sigh I flip around onto my other side, my eyes widening as they meet a hooded silver pair.

"You're awake." I breathe out to Xavier and he gives me an adorable sleepy nod. His black hair even messier than usual from sleep, drooping onto his forehead, as he gazes at me.

"So are you." Xavier mumbles quietly, his deep voice huskier after just waking up. He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

"I couldn't sleep." I say and Xavier rolls over so that he's laying flat on his back, tugging me so that I'm laying on top of his chest. I let out a quiet oomph, closing my eyes as I try to detangle my legs from the comforter, before opening them. My eyes widen as I see the way Xavier's looking at me, a small sleepy smile on his face, as he gazes up at me with those silver eyes filled with admiration.

"You're so beautiful. Sometimes I feel like you couldn't possibly be real." Xavier says making me wrinkle my nose, I blink my eyes deliberately as he gently taps my wrinkled nose with his pointer finger.

I sit up on him, so that my legs are straddling his hips, bended behind me as I stare down at him, feeling the light of the moon travel in from the large glass windows. I had gotten sick of laying down aimlessly. Xavier's smile looks absolutely content as he silently watches me, his hands under his head, looking up at me. The light from the moon illuminating his masculine beauty. His chest and shoulders broad, waist thin, stomach covered in rippling muscles slightly more flattened as he lays back, his defined biceps bulging as his arms bend.

"You look much better in my clothes than I do." He says and I give him a sceptical look, I highly doubted even the brand models looked better in his clothes than him. Actually I was quite sure they didn't. His white collar shirt is gigantic on me, the sleeves covering my hands, the hem trailing to mid thigh. The thin satin material of the shirt engulfing my figure completely, and I hadn't bothered with pants as Xavier and I weren't expecting any visitors.

Xavier's hands come to rest on my waist, and he pulls me closer to him, making my unruly chocolate waves bounce forward so they rest on my chest.

"Why can't you sleep?" Xavier asks and I shrug.
"I don't know, I'm just not very tired." I reply.

"But I am bored." I complain.
"I can fix that." Xavier says, his hands travelling up to my upper back, gently he pulls me down so that my face is hovering right above his. My hair falls all around us, our breaths intermingling as they escape our parted lips. Our breathing getting deeper in anticipation of what was to come.

Gently he presses his lips to the corner of my mouth, the warmth of them making my breath hitch. He does the same to the other side of my mouth, before pulling away and I glare at him. The silver eyed kitty was teasing me on purpose.
"I'm sorry love, do you want something?" He asks feigning innocence.

"Nothing at all, I was in a kissing mood but I can just go else-" I say but I'm interrupted as Xavier suddenly twists us around so that I'm laying under him.
"Mine." He growls pouting and I try to suppress my smile.

"I don't know." I say teasingly and his eyes widen but I don't get to gaze in them for long, as his arms are suddenly under my waist, lifting me up into him as he crushes his soft lips to mine. Moving his mouth feverishly against mine, his hands fisting the material of the dress shirt of his I've adorned. Every crevice of my body pressed to his, his heart beating frantically, matching the pace of my own misbehaving heart, until it was impossible to tell them apart.

He licked over my bottom lip, my lips parting under his request, allowing his tongue to enter my mouth. A breathy moan escaping my mouth, getting drowned by his as Xavier's tongue caresses mine. He massages it against mine gently, clearly liking the sounds it evokes from me very much. His tongue leisurely explores my mouth, as his lips move against mine. We pull apart panting, and leaning up, I bite on his bottom lip making him groan as his hands try to pull me ever closer, my chest crushed against his.

"I love you." Xavier mumbles breathlessly.
"I love you too." I reply, pressing a kiss to his dimple making it deepen. As it was quite clear we wouldn't be getting sleep anytime soon, I got off his chest and sit beside him, leaning my back on the headboard. His arms flexing as he lifts himself up to sit beside me, the blankets dropping alluringly low.

"You looked worried when you came home." I say, I hadn't wanted to mention it then. He had needed a chance to get away from the problem and relax, but I did want to know what was troubling him.

"It's just a case I'm working on at the moment, the woman is a teacher at an elementary school, and when she drinks she's get a little physical with her husband. He doesn't know what to do, she's quite petite so he is afraid nobody would believe him, and he doesn't want to hurt her." Xavier says and my brows furrow as I bite into my lower lip.

"He should report it to the police, they'd investigate, this isn't the medieval times, I'm sure they'd be able to help. They'd at least speak to her." I say and he nods, pressing a soft kiss to the side of my head.

"You're right, I'll talk to him tomorrow." Xavier says.
"But there's more." I press.

"They have a child, and on the weekend the teacher apparently got a little violent and threw a television remote at their child. The man is starting to panic, and he wants me to deal with it. I said that I deal with cases that have already gone through the police or can't for different reasons. He got upset and reminded me how I was no saint, that I'd killed people, that I didn't have a protocol." Xavier tells me his voice growing quieter, biting into the inside of his cheek as he looks up at me. I clench my eyes shut, trying to remember the man was lashing out because he was in a bad place at the moment. But that didn't give him the right to say all that to Xavier.

"I'll speak to him, he's just lashing out because he's upset due to his circumstances. People don't mean what they're saying when they're upset. I'll visit your work, he works for you right?" I ask.

"Yes but Raine I don't want you involved in all of this. It becomes very difficult to not let it affect you." Xavier says.

"I want to help you. I know dealing with these cases brings you peace but it also tears you apart. I know you sometimes think you're like your father, especially when you're forced to resort to violence." I say and Xavier's eyes fly up to meet mine in shock. He didn't usually discuss his cases with me, but I knew.

"How do you know that?" He asks.
"I've known you long enough to understand the things you don't speak of. You are nothing like your father, never have been and never will be. I know you think you look like him, but while his eyes were cold and dark, yours have the ability to light up with love. He used his lips to utter the most horrible abuses, to make people feel vulnerable, but you use yours to deliver the sweetest of kisses and kindest of words. He used his strength to hurt, to maim, you use yours to protect. You both are miles apart." I tell him.

"Thank you love." He mumbles bashfully lowering his eyes as he leans up to press a kiss to my hair. Pulling away from him I leant down a bit to look into his eyes, wanting him to see that what I say is the truth, not just comfort.

"I swear to you Xavier Night, I will help you with every case that comes your way. We'll find better ways to keep those victims safe, and I definitely will never let you take a life again. I see how it rips you apart, you won't ever do that again, I'll always be by your side to stop you. To help you find a better way." I tell him and his eyes redden as I speak getting shinier with unshed tears. Nobody had ever understood how it hurt him to do what he did, nobody had ever stood by him, been his support. But I always would.

Xavier pulls me to him, hugging me tightly to his chest, his eyes clenched shut as he tries to keep me grounded in his arms as if afraid to let go.

Xavier pulls away from me, letting his hands come up to cup my cheeks, leaning forward he presses a soft kiss to my forehead. His lips telling me how thankful he is silently.

"When I first saw you, I thought you were beautiful, perfect even, so pure, untainted. But then I got to know you, I got to speak to you, and I realized how kind you were, how understanding and I fell head over heels in love with you. Your love is something I hold above all else, I hold you above all else. I have never and will never love anyone the way I love you Raine Pierce." Xavier says, his silver eyes filling up with a devotion that is much more than just love. It's the type of devotion that a person with faith would look at their maker with. He looked at me as I were his last hope, his only salvation, his very existence.

"I love you Xavier." I tell him and he smiles at me, cradling me tenderly to his chest, pressing kisses to my head every so often, as we sit in silence simply breathing each other in. The type of silence that I wouldn't mind spending eternity in, one that didn't have a need to be broken by words. His intoxicating scent fills my senses, something sweet with a masculine musk to it, a hint of spice.

"I need to confess something." Xavier says and I raise my face from him chest looking at him with a raised brow.
"That night at the cafe, on your birthday, wasn't the first time I saw you." He tells me and I look at him in bewilderment. His eyes fill with apprehension but he inhales deeply as if trying to muster up the courage to tell me.

"The first time I laid eyes on you was three years before that night. You were at the cafe, I can't even remember who you were with, after I'd laid eyes on you, everything else was just gone. All I could see was you. I heard your laugh, this beautiful chiming giggle, there was just this happiness to it, for the first time in years had I heard such pure delight, suddenly I felt like the world couldn't possibly be so horrible if you were laughing so carelessly. If you were so happy." Xavier says a faraway look in his silver eyes, as if he were back in that cafe years ago.

"For the first time I was aware of my heart beating, for the first time in years I felt my heart beating. It was as if you had breathed life into me. My personal angel in this hell of a world." Xavier says gently brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Your eyes, they were shining so brightly, the way they are now. You were breathtaking, I was enamoured by you, and all I wanted was to keep you happy like that. Because if you were so innocently happy, then the world couldn't possibly be as bad of a place as I'd thought. If you were happy, then there was some good in this world, and I needed to know that, I needed it." Xavier says, his eyes begging me to understand.

"I had this inexplicable urge to keep you safe, to keep you happy, so I-I would check in on you. I wanted to respect your privacy, although really I was invading it, so I had my men that I trusted most check in on you from time to time to make sure you were doing alright. At the time that seemed like it would help keep it more professional. It was really only to make sure you didn't need anything, to make sure you were safe. At times I was even pathetic enough to just go to the cafe in the hopes you'd be there, but I couldn't ever approach you. I was too scared, I was scared I'd ruin your innocence, and I was almost completely sure somebody as good as you wouldn't even give someone like me a second glance. But after holding you in my arms that night at the cafe when you'd fainted, I couldn't stay away any longer." Xavier tells me, his eyes appraising me to assess my reaction, but I sit in silence too shocked to utter even a word.

"Those roses, were they from you?" I ask remembering the nameless bouquet I'd received on my birthday. Xavier's cheeks turn slightly rosy as he avoids my gaze, looking down as he gives a minuscule nod.

"Yes, but in my defence James pressurized me." Xavier says suddenly, looking adorable with his flushed cheeks and embarrassed, almost shy expression.

"Your birthday is a week before James and Alia's wedding anniversary, he went to confirm a bouquet delivery for his anniversary. While we were there, he noticed me eyeing the roses and convinced me it was a good idea to send them to you." Xavier says, looking up at me nervously through his thick black lashes.

"It's okay, they were quite beautiful. You don't 'check in on me' anymore, though do you?" I ask and he shakes his head immediately.

"I haven't since that night, except when your apartment was broken into, I had my men follow you around to ensure you were safe." Xavier says. After what Xavier and I had been through this seemed like a minor inconvenience. After going through the fear of losing him, the uncertainty of not knowing whether he would live or not, I couldn't really get mad at him anymore.

"But after that never?" I ask and he nods.
"Good, it's not okay that you did that, but I understand, just don't do it again. If you do, bad things will happen." I say trying to look intimidating, even deepening my voice a bit but it doesn't seem to have the effect I was hoping for. Xavier presses his lips together to suppress his amused smile at my feeble attempt to intimidate him.

"I promise love, never again. But I will take every step necessary to keep you safe, if need be to give you security detail, I'll inform you beforehand." Xavier says and I nod, as long as he informed me it was alright. I could deal with some of Xavier's men trailing me if it would comfort Xavier, but only in cases of danger.

My stomach growls and I shrug at Xavier as he looks up at me.
"Let's get some food in you." Xavier says, sliding off the bed, before turning back to scoop me up into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck, keeping my hold loose, by now I was used to Xavier's desire to carry me around, I knew he'd never drop me. He holds me tightly to his chest as he walks us down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Xavier sets me down on the counter, resting his hands on either side of my hips he leans in looking into my eyes.
"What would my love like to eat?" Xavier asks.
"Spaghetti." I answer and he nods.
"Okay, a plate of spaghetti coming right up." Xavier says, it was really quite useful to live with a chef. Well he wasn't a chef by profession, but he definitely was one by talent.

Xavier sets a pan of water to boil onto the stove, putting in some oil and salt before opening up the cabinet, to pull out a jar of sauce he'd prepared over the weekend. I was quite often in the mood for spaghetti, so it was efficient for him to make a lot at once and store it.

Xavier opened up the freezer, grabbing a tub of Haagen Daaz ice cream and a spoon which he hands to me. Xavier undoes the top for me knowing I hated struggling with the frozen tub, and I peel off the seal, before digging into the delicious sweet treat. A chunk of cookie dough crunching beneath my teeth as the ice cream melts upon meeting the heat of my tongue.

I watch as Xavier moves around while cooking, his muscles flexing with every movement, and I could see every single one as he was only dressed in a pair of black briefs. He was truly nothing less than artwork.

The spoon hangs numbly from my mouth as he pours the sauce into a pan, stirring it around to get it simmering again. There was just something about watching a man cook. Seeing the way the muscles of his thick thighs tense, arms flexing, abs rippling with the effort.

Xavier glances up at me, before looking back to the sauce, his eyes flying back up just a moment later as his mind registers my ogling.

Leaving the sauce Xavier comes towards me and I snap out of it, going back to concentrating on my ice cream.
"Can I have a bite?" His deep, husky voice asks.
"O-of what?" I ask regretting the question as soon as I say it.
"The ice cream." Xavier says, a smirk tilting up the corners of his lips.

"Of course." I squeak, holding the spoon up to him, and he leans forward holding my gaze as he wraps his plump red lips around the spoon, leisurely sucking off the ice cream, leaving it completely clean making me gulp.

"Delicious." He mumbles huskily, and I nod dipping the spoon back in and bringing it to my own mouth to give myself something to do. Xavier leans in making my lips part, the ice cream melting in my mouth forgotten. Pressing his lips against mine, he gently licks the ice cream on my tongue, before pulling away to leave a few inches of space between our mouths.

"Even better." Xavier mutters, rubbing his thumb over my bottom lip sensually making my toes curl.

The sound of something simmering and liquid popping breaks me out of my lusty haze, my eyes darting to the sauce in the pan, which is bubbling and boiling. Splatters of it going on the pristine oven.

"Xavier the sauce." I say suddenly, and he doesn't even bother to look at it.

"We have more." He mumbles leaning in. The crazy kitten was going to let the sauce completely ruin the spotless oven. Not knowing what else to do, I hook my fingers into the waistband of his briefs, pulling them away from his body, before letting them snap back against his skin.

Xavier lets out a small groan in pain as he pouts at me. Regret fills me, but it had been necessary, otherwise our spotless oven would have been covered in sauce. His hand travels to his side before those silver eyes fill with mischief, and instantly warning bells go off in my head. Xavier turns away to turn off the heat from under the sauce, and I let out a breath of relief. But I should have known he wouldn't let it go that easily.

Xavier turns towards me and what he does next has my eyes widening, my jaw unhinging as he pulls the band of his briefs lower, revealing more of his v line.
"Do you believe in kissing booboos better?" Xavier asks looking up at me, strands of his hair drooping onto his forehead making him look boyish.

"No." I answer automatically.
"Pull your briefs back up you naughty kitty." I say and he shakes his head looking pointedly at his side. His expression playful, and as the initial shock wears off a small laugh escapes me, and Xavier smiles proudly. He lets go of his briefs letting them snap back in place, his smile dropping as the band hits the sore spot again.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he nods.
"I'm fine love." He says and another little giggle escapes me as I dig my spoon into the melting ice cream, popping the spoon into my mouth I look up at him again. His lips tilted up into a little smile, eyes glinting.
"What?" I ask and he shrugs.
"Tell me." I press.

"I just love making you laugh. The first time I saw you, you were laughing but even then I'd wanted to hear it again, but I'd never dared to think I'd be able to make you laugh. You don't know what it feels like to hear that laugh, and know I'm responsible for it." Xavier says, looking at me like I'm someone worthy of worship. It nearly terrified me the way he looked at me, to know that you held that power over someone, was terrifying, but he was everything to me. I couldn't ever bear to abuse that power. That thought gave me comfort.

"Xavier stop looking at me like that." I tell him placing my cold hands on my rapidly warming cheeks. Xavier tilts his his head to the side in confusion, looking like a curious lion and it doesn't help my blush to have all his attention directed on me.

"You just-you look at me like I'm some sort of god or something, like I'm more than just me." Xavier looks away before peaking back up at me.
"I worship you, and I always will. You're inexplicably beautiful to me, after all you've done for me you couldn't just possibly be human in my eyes, you're an angel, my angel." Xavier whispers moving closer to me as he speaks, my heart thrumming in my chest the closer he gets. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, looking up at me in admiration.

Cupping his face in my hands, I press a soft kiss to his cheek, doing the same to the other. My lips travelling all around his face, peppering kisses all over it and a husky chuckle escapes him, turning into a low moan as my lips press to the hot skin of his throat. I lick over his sharp collarbone, pulling him closer to me by his thin muscled waist and he lets me. Stopping my pleasurable torture I rest my face in the crook of his neck, a smile coming onto my face as he presses a kiss to my temple.

"Your spaghetti is ready." He says suddenly and I lift my head away from him, missing his warmth when he moves away, to make a plate for me. Drizzling the sauce perfectly over the spaghetti so that a little sauce drizzles artistically onto the plate, he digs a fork into it before handing it to me.

"Thank you." I say, twisting my fork into it, scooping some hot spaghetti into my mouth. Luckily, the sauce had been cooling for a bit now, so it's not too hot. Rolling some more on the fork, I hold it up for Xavier and he leans forward, taking the offered bite between his lips. We finish the gigantic plate of spaghetti together, and even though I'm a little tired now I try to suppress my yawn, not wanting to fall asleep yet. Although of course nothing gets by Xavier unnoticed.

"Tired?" Xavier asks and I shake my head. Xavier wraps his hands around my hips, picking me up off the counter, placing me on my feet. He grabs onto my hand, he leads me into the living room. Letting go of my hand, Xavier grabs the blanket off the couch back, draping it around his shoulders. I look at him in bewilderment, perhaps I should have told him to go back to sleep. Maybe he was like my mother, if you woke her up too early, she started acting really strange, almost as if she were still asleep.

Xavier sits before the fireplace with his legs outstretched in front of him. He holds his hand out for me and I let out a sigh of relief, he hadn't lost it, he was just finding us a comfortable place to sit. Grabbing onto his hand I settle down between his legs, leaning my back on his chest, and he wraps his arms tightly around me, the blanket cocooning us both.

His natural warmth sears into my skin through the thin shirt I wear, and we sit there comfortably, Xavier occasionally pressing soft kisses to my hair, whispering sweet nothings to me. I jump slightly as a loud bolt of lightning sounds, the pitter patter of rain sounding immediately against the glass. I turn to Xavier wide eyed in excitement and he looks at me like a deer caught in headlights. I can't control myself, and my body starts bouncing in excitement making Xavier shake his head.

"No absolutely not." Xavier says but I turn around in his arms, looking up at him with pleading eyes. I see his resolve beginning to crack, to help it dissolve before the storm ends I lean forward pressing kisses to his jaw, mumbling please in-between kisses. Not like he could stop me but I would really like it if he joined me.

"You'll get sick." Xavier moans.
"You can take care of me." I answer cheekily grinning up at him and his lips tilt up in a little smile.

"Well then we should go before it ends." He says and I jump up, holding my arms out for him, nearly toppling over into the fire as I try to heave his gigantic body up. His eyes widen in panic and he holds me to him tightly, making me shake my head, he was such a worry wart. I was admittedly alarmingly nonchalant when it came to my physical safety, growing up being clumsy, you soon stopped becoming alarmed by little mishaps.
"Lets go." I say and he nods cautiously already starting to regret his decision, like I would let him change his mind.

Dragging him behind me, I ignore his protests for me to allow him to grab me a pair of pants and a jacket. I stop right before the door, eyeing it and realizing I didn't have time for this battle. Xavier looks at the door in triumph.
"Just let me grab you a sweater-" Xavier starts but I interrupt him.

"You do anything but unlock these million locks you have on the door, and no kisses for a year." I say, his eyes widen, jaw dropping and he looks at me to see if I'm bluffing, but something he sees in my eyes has him getting to work immediately. In mere moments he has the door unlocked, and I'm bouncing past him, having put on my flip flops as I run out into the storm. He calls out after me but I'm too caught up in the cold rain that drizzles down onto my skin, soaking the shirt immediately. I spread my arms letting the rain soak me completely, turning my face up towards the sky. I feel his heat behind me, and I turn around, his tan skin gleaming with the clear drops of rain all over him, black wet hair slicked back and I smile at him, pulling him towards me. He looks like something straight out of a commercial, his muscles covered in tiny droplets of rain that run down his body. Some disappearing into the band of his black briefs that rest low on his hips. I position his arms to be open, so that he can let the rain know he accepts it wholeheartedly, so it doesn't shy away from him.

"This lets the rain know you accept it." I tell him and his eyes fill with amusement but he complies nonetheless, turning his face up to the sky, and the rain pelts all over us. The drowsiness of the night having been melted away by the cold drops of rain. The lightning cackles against the sky, and Xavier's arms are immediately around me as he tugs me into him.

"He's silly, I know." I say looking apologetically  up at the sky, and I hear him scoff behind me, mumbling the word silly under his breath. Xavier leans in to press a kiss to my cheek but before he can, I pull away from his arms.

"You'll have to catch me." I say as he looks at me with a confused expression, which is immediately replaced by a smirk as he realizes what I'm referring to. He lunges for me, but I dart away, running towards his car, hearing his feet splatter in the puddles of rain as he runs after me. Giggling manically I go around the car, taking a peek at him, my eyes widen as I see the predatory way he runs after me, but to prolong the chase he slows himself down.

"Give it all you got kitty." I taunt and he lets out a playful growl, his muscles hunching before he launches himself after me. Letting out a squeak I turn around darting away from him towards the house. I feel his hand skim my waist but I pull away in time, racing towards the road. But before I can reach it, his strong muscled arm is wrapping itself around my waist, so tightly my feet aren't touching the floor as he swings me into his chest. The heat of it seeping into me, and although I wish I hadn't gotten caught so quickly, his warmth is amazing in the cold rain.

"Caught you." Xavier whispers huskily into my ear, brushing my hair back before pressing a warm kiss to my ear making me squirm. He nips at my ear playfully, making me scold him, chuckling Xavier swings me around in his arms, my legs flying out before us, and a delighted giggle leaves my lips. The rain pelts down on us, and I shake my head, my wet hair flowing all around.

I begin to get dizzy and I put my hand on his arm, he immediately sets me down, gripping my hips tightly to keep me steady. Xavier turns me around in his arms to face him, pressing a tender kiss to my cheek. He sighs in absolute content and I relax against him.
"I could spend eternity with you and it wouldn't be enough." Xavier mumbles to me, and I smile up at him.

"Find your eternity in these moments, they'll stay with us forever." I tell him softly, my voice nearly getting lost in the rain but the look in his eyes tells me he's heard me. I watch in fascination as lightning strikes, and the reflections shows so clearly in his eyes, making them look a blazing silver that leaves me breathless.

I push his black hair away from his face, combing through it with my fingers, playing with the ends of it as I reach his nape.
"I love you." I say and then he's kissing me.

His hands are cupping my face, angling it up so he can kiss me properly. I feel the shiver that rakes through him as our lips meet, his arms dropping to wrap around my waist, tugging me closer to him. His other hand going behind my head to hold me to his lips. He kisses me feverishly, as if trying to convey all that he couldn't with his words, through his lips. The rain pelts down around us, freezing cold, but the heat between us is impenetrable.

His mouth silently tells me everything he felt, how much he loved me, how much he needed me, how much he'd always want me. He licked over my lips gently, and I parted mine, allowing his tongue to enter my mouth. A rain drop falls between our lips as his tongue enters my mouth, and we battle for it, it disappears moments after, but our tongues don't stop their dance, they can't. We clutch at each other frantically, his hand clutching onto my waist through the drenched shirt, the other wrapped carefully in my hair. My fingers dig into his skin, as I try to clutch him closer, nails pressing into his skin, but it doesn't matter. We both attempt to imprison one another to ourselves. I needed him just as much as he needed me, and I needed for him to know that.

My back arched in attempt to get closer to him, and he clenches his hands as he tries to keep himself in control. Xavier let out a growled moan into my mouth, making me bite his lip in desire. Xavier pulls away from me breathlessly, his silver eyes glazed over in desire, eyes hooded as he gazed down at my panting form. His eyes fell to my rapidly rising and falling chest, and Xavier leaned forward, pressing his lips to my exposed collar bone, sucking on it gently. The heat of his mouth on my cold skin making my head fall back as a moan escapes my lips, making his hands tighten on my waist.

My hands automatically travelled to his hair, as I let out another breathy moan, making his movements turn frantic. He left open mouthed kisses down to my chest, sucking feverishly at the skin exposed atop my shirt, before trailing back up to my throat. He dug his face into the crook of my neck, taking in my scent headily as his hands gently raked up and down my back. Nails scratching against my skin through the shirt pleasurably.

The lightning cackled loudly, and I broke out of my trance, pushing him away playfully, grinning. Taking a step away, I twirled around in the rain, my wet hair flying around as I spun around, the white shirt stuck to my body. My hands outstretched as I collected rain in them, before tossing it towards Xavier uselessly, he was already drenched. Nonetheless he turned his face his eyes closing before turning back to me. Xavier pushed his wet black hair back, the muscles of his arm flexing with the action, as he watched me playing in the rain. I jumped around in the puddles the rain splattering everywhere, my flip flops soaked, but it didn't matter.

"Stop staring and enjoy the rain." I yelled at Xavier over the loud rain.
"I'm quite enjoying myself watching you." Xavier says folding his arms across his impressive chest.

I scoff at him, mimicking him exaggeratedly making his eyes glint with amusement. I hold out my hands to him, and he places his larger hands in mine. Yanking him towards me, I twirl us around, urging him to jump around with me until we're both in the middle of a very deranged dance. Xavier wraps one of his arms around my waist, putting my hand on his shoulder, and then we are doing a very vivacious and messed up waltz. Our laughs get lost in the night as we dance around in the rain.

Xavier bends down, wrapping his arms right at the top of my legs, he lifts me up, twirling me around making me giggle loudly. Stretching out my arms towards the sky, I let the rain run over me. Feeling closer to the sky in his arms than I've ever been before. I look down at him to see his silver eyes filled with adoration as he gazed up at me in his arms. I beam at him and he lets out a husky chuckle, allowing me to slide down his body slowly.

"I love you so much." Xavier mumbles into my hair, pressing his lips to my forehead in a warm kiss.
"I love you." I reply breathlessly, smiling into his chest, wanting this night to never end, but knowing full well that there would be many more nights like this in our future.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 7.1K 18
All he wanted was somebody that understood and she wanted to not feel this loneliness.
146 3 9
a good girl a good life what more could she want. There was only one thing that could truly satisfy her, Him.
661K 17.9K 63
For a long time all he's ever known was loneliness and pain. That is, until he saw her. To him, she was the most beautiful thing in the world. From t...
1.4K 34 13
She had everything she never wanted and he had everything he ever wanted. Scared. Beaten. Barely loved. Brave. Reckless. Adored. Can these two wor...