I Can't Seem To Let You Go

By HibaHadi

[UNDER SLOW EDITING] As soon as she sets foot through the gates of Miami's International Music Academy, sixte... More

1| Camila Cabello✔
2| Shawn Mendes✔
03| Day Four✔
04| Changing Minds✔
05| New Impressions✔
06| Glances✔
07| Breaking Rules✔
08| Party✔
09| Shopping✔
10| Brown Eyes✔
11| Another Chance Missed✔
12| Gold Rush✔
13| Clarity✔
14| Plus-One✔
15| Beautiful Stranger✔
16| Movie Night
17| Two Can Play This Game
18| Breakup
19| Mistake
21| Prove It
22| Assignment
23| You'll Thank Me Later
24| First Session
25| Innocent
26| Jordan
27| A Dream Was All It Was
28| Messy
29| If Jealousy Could Kill
30| Complications (Pt. I)
31| Complications (Pt. II)
32| Complications (Pt. III)
33| Close
34| Becky From The Block
35| I Over Trust
36| Mercy
37| Bridges
38| What Friends Are For
39| Rock Bottom (Pt. I)
40| Rock Bottom (Pt. II)
41| The Beauty Of Our Love
42| All We Have Is Love
43| Secret Love Song
44| What Matters The Most
45| Making Peace
46| Without A Doubt
47| Perfect
48| Promise Me
49| Assumptions
50| Christmas C'mon (Pt. I)
51| Christmas C'mon (Pt. II)
52| Christmas C'mon (Pt. III)
53| In Your Arms I Belong
54| Before I Could Fall
55| My Real Dream
56| Safe Haven
57| Only You
58| Something Special
59| Lies Are Underrated
60| Seventeen
61| I Don't Like You
62| Losing Trust In You
63| When In Rome
64| Who Are You?
65| Silver Lining
IMPORTANT NOTE
66| Actions Speak Louder Than Words
67| Sweet Revenge (Pt. I)
68| Sweet Revenge (Pt. II)
69| Sweet Revenge (Pt. III)
70| Bottled Up Emotions
71| Reality Check
72| Control
73| As Love Fades Away
74| Way Down We Go
75| Photograph (Pt. I)
76| Beginning Of The End
77| Outbreak
78| Love Will Stay
79| Things I Say When You Sleep
80| Blood On Our Hands
THANK YOU.
...hi?

20| It Was Her Fault

1.5K 54 12
By HibaHadi

But I'm holding on for dear life
Won't look down, won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light
'Cause I'm just holding on for tonight.
- Chandelier, Sia♡

____________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

I open my eyes as I hear noises coming from the bathroom. I sit up in my bed feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach. And by dizzy I mean really dizzy. I drop my head back on the pillow in hope that I'll feel a bit better but no such luck. Moments later, the bathroom door opens and Ally comes out.

"Morning, sleepy head." She says smiling and I sit up and smile back.

"Good morning." I say as I run my fingers through my hair. "What time is it?"

"7:42 a.m." Ally replies and I nod.

"How are you feeling?" Ally asks. "Better, I guess." I reply and Ally nods.

"Come on, get ready or you'll be late." She says and I shake my head. Honestly, I really don't feel like going to classes today. A lot has happened yesterday and I just need time to process it all. And besides, there's no way I can make it in just fifteen minutes.

"I don't feel like taking any classes today. Especially after what happened yesterday." I say hugging my knees up to my chest.

"It's alright, I understand how hard this is for you. I'd do the same thing if I were you." Ally says and I nod and smile sincerely resting my chin on my knee. "And if anyone asks, I'm sick, okay?" I say and Ally nods smiling. "I'll bring you my notes later." She says and I nod.

"Thank you." I say and Ally nods smiling and sits next to me.

We sit in silence for a second before Ally speaks up.

"So, when exactly are you planning to tell the others that you and Austin... broke up?" She says. So far, Ally is the only one who knows that Austin and I broke up. I don't have any courage to tell Becky, Dinah and Normani yet but I know I have to tell them eventually. Ally found out when I came to my dorm from the library bitterly crying yesterday. I just felt the need to tell someone about it because I couldn't keep it in any longer.

"I don't know, really. I'm not ready to talk about this to anyone else yet." I say and Ally nods.

"Whatever the case, know that I'll always be there for you." She says and I smile and pull her in for a hug. "Thanks. I really appreciate it." I say.

"Anytime, Mila." Ally replies and she hugs me back. Seconds later we pull away.

"I just can't seem to understand that Austin would choose to believe a text conversation that he's not even sure is real or not over his girlfriend." Ally says and I shrug. "Well, this is life. Not everything goes as planned."

"What I really want to know is where he got these texts from." I continue. "Wait, didn't he tell you?" Ally asks furrowing her eyebrows and I shake my head.

"I asked him but he said that it didn't matter."

"That's odd." Ally says then glances up to the clock in the wall and stands up.

"Alright, I've got to go now." She says grabbing her phone and backpack and I nod. "Okay."

"You sure you're going to be okay by yourself?" Ally asks before she approaches the door and I giggle. "I'll be fine, mom." I say and she laughs. Ally is the motherly figure of our group. She makes sure we all do our homework, get up on time and all that unnecessary random crap!

"Alright, I'll see you later." Ally says. "Bye." I say right before she closes the door. I sigh and place my head on the pillow and hide my face under the cover thinking about what I should do today.

After a few minutes, I get up and go to the bathroom. As I go inside and stare at myself in the mirror, I feel a sharp pain shooting my head. I screw my eyes shut then lean my elbows against the sink and massage either sides of my head with my fingers hoping the pain would slowly go away. Must be from crying my heart out all night last night. I didn't want Shawn to see me cry. I don't want him to think that I'm weak. Especially when he's the first reason why I cried. It really pissed me off that he ignored me for an entire week then pretended to actually care about me. Which is making me think, what if he actually does?

I try to ignore the pain in my head as much as I can as I grab my toothbrush and some toothpaste and brush my teeth. I then take shower and change into a pair of grey pajama shorts and a light pink loose T-shirt. I blow dry my hair and comb through it a little then tie it into a messy bun before exiting the bathroom.

I heat up some milk to make my coffee then grab a few biscuits. I place the coffee and the biscuits on the coffee table before plopping down on the sofa and turning the T.V. on to watch The Vampire Diaries.

..................

After about eight episodes, I switch the T.V. off then lean my head against the sofa thinking about what I should do for the rest of the day. I suddenly realize that I haven't talked to my family in a while. I wonder how they're doing.

I bounce off the sofa then grab my laptop from the desk. I turn it on then click on Skype. I then click on my mom's username before clicking call.

It rings three times before she picks up. "Hi, mom." I smile as my mom's face appears on the screen. "Hola, Mija. How are you doing? I miss you so much." My mother says as a lovely smile appears on her face. "I'm fine. I miss you way more. How are you guys?" I say.

"We're great. Wish you were here, though." Mom says.

"Yeah me too. Are dad and Sofia home?"

"No, sweetheart. Your father's at work and Sofia is still at school but I'm supposed to pick her up in about thirty minutes. I'll let her talk to you as soon as she gets here." Mom replies and I nod remembering that it's Friday.

"Speaking about Sofia, how's she doing in school?" I ask remembering that Sofi has started first grade three weeks ago. I'm really mad at myself for missing her first day of school although I can't really blame myself since I was dealing with my own.

"Perfect! She said she's really enjoying it there and she made a lot of friends. She also said that their teacher allowed them to color all day on her first day." My mom explains and I crack a smile. Well, at least someone's having a good time at school. I remember how scared Sofi was when we told her that she was going to start school soon. She actually hid under my bed with her teddy bear and a bag of marshmallows and said that she's never coming out again and that the marshmallows and Mr. Snuggles, her teddy bear, were all she needed to 'survive' under my bed. I swear, I laughed so hard when Sofi said that! She's just so adorable! We managed to get her out when she fell asleep under my bed that night. Sofi was really against the idea of going to school. I have no idea how mom and dad convinced her to go. And from what mom just said, I think she's never missed a day since she started.

"Wow, that's great! How did you convince her to go?" I ask my mom.

"I promised her strawberry cheesecake when she got back and she got a really good first impression of the teacher when we visited the classroom." Mom says and I giggle as my smile widens slightly. My mother makes the best strawberry cheesecake ever. And I mean the best strawberry cheesecake in this entire world. Seriously there's no living human being who has tasted it and not fallen under its magical spell. It's an age-old secret family recipe. Sofia and I love helping mom make it. Mostly, mom and I would do all the work and Sofi would just sit on the kitchen floor eating strawberries. Whenever my mom would make this cheesecake, Sofi and I would get up really late at night and devour all of what's left of it, leaving nothing for anyone else. God, how I miss it. I really need some right now.

"That's incredible. I really wish I was there. And I'm suddenly craving a cheesecake." I say smiling and my mom laughs. "We wish you were here too."

"So, how's everything going over there? Have you made any friends?" Mom asks and I nod. "I've made a few."

"And is there... something going on?" Mom asks smiling as she wiggles her eyebrows and I take a moment to realize what she's talking about. Boys.

"Well, not exactly." I say as I look down. "Mila? Is everything okay? I hope you're... not getting bullied or anythin-"

"No! Of course not! Everything's fine." I lie.

"Well, it looks like something's bothering you. And I just realized that you haven't went to your classes-why aren't you at your classes?" Mom says getting serious.

"Well..." I say then pause shortly.

"Alright, I'll just tell you." I say as I look up towards the screen.

"Go on." Mom says.

"So, there kind of was something going on, but it came to an end." I say and my mom furrows her eyebrows.

"You have a boyfriend?" She asks.

"Had." I correct her and she places her hand over her mouth. "Oh, I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Mom says and I smile sadly and shrug.

"It's okay. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be."

"Who is he?" Mom asks and I look away.

"I really don't feel like saying his name right now." I say. "And besides, you wouldn't know him."

"It's alright, sweetie. But you know you have to tell me what happened." Mom says and I sigh.

"Well, I was walking out of class yesterday and he walked up to me and accused me of cheating on him-"

"Wait, you cheated on the guy?" Mom cuts me off as her eyes widen in shock.

"What? No! I'd never do such a thing! Can I finish now?" I say. "Right, sorry." Mom replies.

"Anyways, he accused me of cheating on him then he showed me a bunch of texts proving it. I tried to tell him so many times that I never sent a single one of these texts to the person he thinks I'm cheating on him with, but he didn't believe me, and so he broke it off right then and there. But what I really want to know is where he got these texts from." I say and my mom frowns furrowing her eyebrows.

"He didn't tell you?" She asks and I shake my head. "He said it didn't matter."

"Oh, sweetie, I'm really sorry that you had to go through this. It'll get better, you'll find someone else." Mom says and I smile shaking my head. "No biggie."

"Hey, you still didn't tell me why missed school today." Mom says. "Well, what happened yesterday had affected me a lot and I wasn't really feeling well this morning when I woke up so I decided to skip." I say and my mom nods.

"Alright, just as long as you're not going to use that excuse to miss school all of next week as well." Mom says and I laugh.

"Of course not."

Mom smiles then lifts her wrist up and glances at her watch.

"Alright, I have to go pick Sofi up. I'll call you as soon as we get home." She says.

"Bye, mom! Tell dad I miss him loads." I smile.

"Sure thing, sweetheart. Have a nice day." Mom replies smiling and I nod.

"You too. I love you, mom."

"Me too, Mija. Take care." Mom says and I wave at her before ending the call. I switch off my laptop then look up at the clock on the wall. 3:20 p.m. Classes should end in ten minutes.

I sigh and place my laptop back on the desk then turn the T.V. back on. Minutes later I hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yell. The door opens revealing Ally, Becky, Dinah and Normani.

"Hey, guys." I smile as I turn the T.V. volume down. "Hi." Normani smiles.

"Mila, Are you okay? Ally told us you weren't feeling well." Becky says worridly as she sits next to me on the sofa. "I'm feeling better, thank you for asking." I smile sincerely.

"Are you sick or something?" Dinah asks walking towards my bed and sitting down on it. I shake my head as I look towards her. "I just felt really dizzy." Dinah nods.

I go over to the desk once again and take my laptop and turn it on in case mom calls on Skype. "We brought you notes and homework and all the stuff you missed." Normani says as she pulls out a few sheets of paper and some notebooks out of her bag and I smile.

"Thank you, guys. I appreciate it." I say. "No problem." Mani smiles.

Suddenly, a ringing noise comes out of my laptop. "Oh! That must be my mom." I say. "Really?" Ally says and I nod as she and Normani squeeze next to Becky and I on the sofa while Dinah ends up on the floor. I click answer and my mom and Sofia appear on the screen.

"MILA!" Sofi yells clapping her hands and I smile seeing my five-year-old little sister being the cutest person to ever exist. "Well, hello there, Butterfly Queen One. How are you doing?" I say.

"I'm soooo good! I miss you, Mila! When are you coming back?" Sofi pouts and I laugh. "Very soon, sweetheart. I'll be there in a flash." I snap my fingers together.

"Oh my God! Is she your sister?" Becky asks, her mouth hanging open and I nod smiling. "SHE'S ADORABLE!" Becky almost yells and I laugh. Becky turns towards the laptop smiling at Sofi.

"Hello there, beautiful. What's your name?" She asks as Sofi smiles shyly. "Sofia. What's yours?"

"I'm Becky, Camila's friend. It's very nice to meet you." Becky replies smiling.

"You too. Your hair is so pretty. I want mine to be just like it." Sofi says probably referring to Becky's light amber highlights and I smile. She's so cute.

"Aw, thanks. Your purple dress is quite lovely too." Becky says. Everyone scoots closer and to Becky and I and say 'hi' to mom and Sofi.

We all converse together for a while before mom and Sofi have to go because it's time for Sofi to do her homework.

"Seriously, Camila. Your sister is literally the cutest." Ally smiles right after I switch my laptop off and I giggle. "Thanks."

"I really wish we would have met in person, though." Dinah says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, fall break is coming up soon and I'm going to visit my family. Maybe you guys could tag along?" I say.

"Sure. And Normani's driving, by the way." Dinah says smirking at Normani and she rolls her eyes and sighs knowing that it's a four-hour drive.

"Sorry, Mani. You're the only one here who has a car and license." Ally laughs along with the rest of us, except Normani, of course.

This academy is located somewhere outside of Miami but it's not that far from the city.

"But Becky has a car and a license as well. We can take turns." Normani say crossing her arms as she looks at Becky. Becky playfully glares at her and the rest of us laugh. "Alright, you guys! Fall break isn't even here yet! We can discuss that later." I say.

"How come you never told us you had a little sister?" Becky asks me and I shrug. "You never brought it up." I say and they all look at me weirdly. "What?" I say as I laugh and raise an eyebrow. They stay silent and roll their eyes. I shrug and stand up.

"I'll be right back." I say as I walk towards the bathroom. Just as I close the bathroom door, I turn to look at myself in the mirror. Should I tell them about what happened with Austin? Maybe I should. They deserve to know after all. Or maybe I should wait a bit longer? No. Probably not. I think I'm going to tell them now. Wow, I worry too much!

I turn the faucet on and quickly wash my face then do anything else I need to do before exiting the bathroom.

I sigh and open the door to find these weirdos playing cards. I shake my head in disbelief and sit down on the floor. "Can I join in?" I ask and they all shake their heads at the same time. "Next round." Normani says not taking her eyes off her cards and I nod. I'm really worried about their reactions, since they really like me Austin together. Well, used to like me and Austin together. Alright here goes.

"So guys, I've been wanting to tell you something." I say right after I take a deep breath. "Go on." Dinah says throwing a card down. I take another deep breath to prepare for what's to come.

"Austin broke up with me." Right as these words leave my mouth, they all snap their heads my direction, eyes wide and mouths hanging open, except Ally, of course.

"WHAT THE FREAKING HELL ARE YOU SAYING?" Dinah yells which makes me jump slightly. This sort of is the reaction I expected from her.

"Exactly what you heard. We're over." I shrug.

Becky drops her cards on the table and sits next to me on the floor placing her hand on my shoulder.

"W-why?" She asks and I explain how everything happened then she stands up, her face reddening slightly. "Where are you going?" I ask Becky furrowing my eyebrows. She doesn't reply then quickly leaves, harshly slamming the door behind her and we all flinch.

The rest of us look at each other weirdly wondering where the hell Becky's going.

.................

Becky's P.O.V.

I slam Ally and Camila's door shut then stomp up the stairs to the third floor, stopping at Austin's door. How dare he hurt my best friend like that? He didn't even give her a chance to freaking expain herself!

I harshly knock on the door three times. Moments later, Austin opens the door and smiles at me. I cross my arms glaring at him.

"Hey, B. How's it going?" He says and I roll my eyes and sigh as my blood boils with anger. He's acting like he didn't do anything!

"Don't 'Hey, B.' me. I know what you've done!" I almost yell at Austin and he closes the door behind him stepping forward. "What are you talking about?" He says furrowing his eyebrows. That idiot.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, you jerk!" I spit and he looks down at his shoes and sighs then looks back up at me.

"Look, if it's about Camilla, I did what any guy my place would do." He says and I start to lose my temper.

"What do you mean 'what any guy your place would do'? You don't trust your girlfriend? Why the hell would you think she cheated on you?" I ask him.

"She made it very clear that was interested in Shawn. I saw her hanging out with him at the library. They seemed to really click together. And then these texts came along confirming that they're in fact together." Austin says pissing me off even more.

"Camila is Shawn's freaking Spanish tutor! Why else would they be 'hanging out' at the library with books all over them, you jackass? I seriously thought you were much smarter than this, Austin!" I say.

"Whatever. What's important is that Camila cheated and these texts proved it." Austin says. Why can't he freaking understand that Camila didn't do anything?

"Oh yeah? Give me one reason why Camila would cheat on you." I say crossing my arms look up at him waiting for an answer which I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get. And just as I had expected, he doesn't say anything.

"See? That's what I thought. She would never cheat on you. She really likes you, Austin. She actually ditched a movie night with her friends last weekend just to hang out with you at your stupid party. She would do anything for you. And you don't even trust her, you believe a bunch of fake texts over your own girlfriend!" I say and Austin furrows his eyebrows.

"How do you know they're fake?"

"How do you know they're real?" I ask crossing my arms and sure enough, it shuts him up. But moments later, he opens his mouth to speak.

"Look, those texts proved that Camilla and Shawn are together-" He starts but I cut him off. Why does he keep repeating the same thing over and over again?

"And you chose to believe them over her?"

"How are you supposed to deny the truth when it's right in front of your eyes?" Austin argues and anger boils inside of me. I grab his collar and shove him against the wall and look him dead in the eyes. "Where the freaking hell did you get these texts?" I say through gritted teeth.

"Ariana showed them to me yesterday after fifth period." He says and my eyes widen. Of course.

"What exactly did she say to you?" I ask Austin.

"She told me that she found them on Camila's phone after P.E." He says and I loosen my grip on his collar letting everything sink in. It was her all along. She's the reason why they broke up. But Camila didn't even have P.E. yesterday. I know that because she and I check each other's classes everyday. Ariana must've created a phony text conversation between Camila and Shawn to deliberately break Austin and Camila up. It all makes sense now. But there's just one thing I don't understand; why would she do that? I mean, she's pretty tight with her boyfriend, why would she want to take away Camila's? By the way, Austin's a total jerk for believing a slut like Ariana over his own girlfriend. What the bloody hell is wrong with him?

I sigh as I look up at Austin and glare him.

"This talk's not over, you bastard!" I spit and tighten my grip on his collar then knee him in the stomach.

He groans as he clutches his stomach and screws his eyes shut. I laugh and walk away quickly not giving him a chance to respond. Yes, I'm still really mad at Austin because he doesn't trust Camila enough to think that she wouldn't cheat on him.

I quickly make my way back to Ally Camila's and swing the door open.

"It was Ariana's fault."

..................
Hello, people! Hope you liked this chapter because I'm very proud of it:) I decided to make it extra long 'cause I was in a good mood:)

Btw, OMG!!!!! Camila Cabello just released not one, but TWO new songs! I've had both Havana and OMG on repeat all week and I just can't seem to stop listening to them! Also I can't wait for Camila's album which is coming out next month!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!!!!! I'm probably gonna download the entire thing! xxx

So what do you think? Comment your thoughts on this chapter down below because I love reading your feedback! <3
Also comment down what your favourite food is. xx

Mine is pizza and ice cream. Not together of course lol :D xx Have a nice day! <3

Byeeeee!

xxx♡Hiba♡xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 25.2K 66
** FOLLOW ME!** SOME CHAPTERS MAY BE SET PRIVATE. **Camila found out she was pregnant. She didn't want the baby, so after she gave birth to a beautif...
3.4K 21 10
𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕄𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕏 ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕒 ℂ𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕠 ------------------------- This story is inspired by the music video 'Senorita, by Shawn Mendes a...
399K 14.3K 50
warning: •explicit language •same sex paring •mention of child abuse ••• yes, I'm back with another book that probably won't be updated bc I'm st...
30.7K 758 19
Camila Cabello, one of the world's biggest popstars, is devastated. Her world seems to be falling apart AGAIN. Eventually, she comes face to face wit...