I Can't Seem To Let You Go

By HibaHadi

[UNDER SLOW EDITING] As soon as she sets foot through the gates of Miami's International Music Academy, sixte... More

1| Camila Cabello✔
2| Shawn Mendes✔
03| Day Four✔
04| Changing Minds✔
05| New Impressions✔
06| Glances✔
07| Breaking Rules✔
08| Party✔
09| Shopping✔
10| Brown Eyes✔
11| Another Chance Missed✔
12| Gold Rush✔
13| Clarity✔
14| Plus-One✔
15| Beautiful Stranger✔
16| Movie Night
17| Two Can Play This Game
18| Breakup
20| It Was Her Fault
21| Prove It
22| Assignment
23| You'll Thank Me Later
24| First Session
25| Innocent
26| Jordan
27| A Dream Was All It Was
28| Messy
29| If Jealousy Could Kill
30| Complications (Pt. I)
31| Complications (Pt. II)
32| Complications (Pt. III)
33| Close
34| Becky From The Block
35| I Over Trust
36| Mercy
37| Bridges
38| What Friends Are For
39| Rock Bottom (Pt. I)
40| Rock Bottom (Pt. II)
41| The Beauty Of Our Love
42| All We Have Is Love
43| Secret Love Song
44| What Matters The Most
45| Making Peace
46| Without A Doubt
47| Perfect
48| Promise Me
49| Assumptions
50| Christmas C'mon (Pt. I)
51| Christmas C'mon (Pt. II)
52| Christmas C'mon (Pt. III)
53| In Your Arms I Belong
54| Before I Could Fall
55| My Real Dream
56| Safe Haven
57| Only You
58| Something Special
59| Lies Are Underrated
60| Seventeen
61| I Don't Like You
62| Losing Trust In You
63| When In Rome
64| Who Are You?
65| Silver Lining
IMPORTANT NOTE
66| Actions Speak Louder Than Words
67| Sweet Revenge (Pt. I)
68| Sweet Revenge (Pt. II)
69| Sweet Revenge (Pt. III)
70| Bottled Up Emotions
71| Reality Check
72| Control
73| As Love Fades Away
74| Way Down We Go
75| Photograph (Pt. I)
76| Beginning Of The End
77| Outbreak
78| Love Will Stay
79| Things I Say When You Sleep
80| Blood On Our Hands
THANK YOU.
...hi?

19| Mistake

1.4K 57 22
By HibaHadi

I don't understand why you're so cold to me
With every breath you breathe
I see there's something going on.
- Cold, Maroon 5 & Future♡
____________________________________
_____________

Shawn's P.O.V.

I walk into the library and spot Camila sitting at a table, her eyes focused on her phone and she looks like she's scrolling through Twitter.

I walk over to her and place my books on the table then take a seat across from her. She looks up at me and fakes a smile.

"Oh, so you decided to show up, huh, Mendes?" She says. I can tell her smile is fake from the sarcastic statement she just made. Yep, she's mad at me. Well, she has every right to be. I'm the one who suddenly cut off all contact with her. And yeah, I might be forty-five minutes late for tutoring.

I roll my eyes as Camila locks her phone and places it on the table. It's now that I notice that she's wearing no makeup at all. And I have to admit, she looks pretty gorgeous. She has always looked pretty, with or without makeup.

"Hello? Earth to Mendes." Camila says as she snaps her fingers in front of my face. Is she gonna call me Mendes every time she speaks to me?

I blink a few times and look at her. "Should we start or what?" She says and I nod.

...................

An hour later, we're still studying and Camila suddenly pauses for a bit. She looks up at me on the verge of tears then looks away. I see a tear stream down her cheek and my eyes widen. Oh, just screw Ariana. I can't see Camila crying and be totally calm about it!

"C-Camila?" I say as I get up from my chair and walk towards her. She covers her face with her hands and sobs softly. I place my hands on her shoulders and look down at her, worry taking over me.

"Camila, p-please. What's wrong? A-are you okay?" Still no answer.

"Mila, you're scaring me. Please tell me what's wro-"

"Don't call me Mila. Only people who care about me can call me that!" Camila hisses at me as she holds her index finger up in front of me and pushes my hands away from her shoulders and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? I do care about you, Camila, I really do." I say.

"Well, you should've thought about that when you started ignoring me!" Camila says as more tears spill from her eyes. She has a point.

"Camila, I'm really worried. Please tell me what's going on. Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Oh, stop! You don't have to act like you actually care because I know you don't! I thought you were different. I thought you weren't like those stuck up PPCs or CCPs or whatever they're called. I actually thought you were a nice guy. But turns out that you're all the same in this academy." She snaps at me as she stands up.

"Camila, plea-"

"This session is dismissed. Not that you really care about that either." She cuts me off as she gathers her stuff. "Camila, I-" I say as I step closer to her.

"Don't come near me." Camila says holding her hand up in front of me signalling for me to stay in my place. She wipes her eyes with her hand as she walks out of the library. I run my fingers through my hair as I watch her leave. So this is what it feels like to be shut out. Camila really has every right to be mad at me. I seriously regret making that promise to Ariana. But I'm just itching to know why Camila was crying. It really breaks my heart seeing her like this. The only problem is that I highly doubt that Camila would want to speak to me again. Especially since I ignored her for almost a week and suddenly started showing that I care, which I do, of course. I'm really, really mad at myself right now.

....................

"I don't know, Haiz. She probably doesn't even want to look at me now." I say to Hailee as we're sitting at a spot about ten feet above the football field. Hailee shrugs and I look towards her.

"Well, from the sound of it, you really messed up big time, bro. And I think she deserves an explanation." She replies looking down at the field and I sigh.

"But the problem is that she won't even talk to me, let alone hear anything from me!" I say and Hailee face palms herself.

"Ugh, what the hell was going through you mind when you promised Ariana that you'll never talk to Camila again?"

"I just... don't know." I reply casually and Hailee sighs.

"Anyways, why do you even care that much about this? Do you like Camila?" She says the last part looking towards me and my eyes widen.

"What? No! Of course not! I'm with Ariana! I'm into Ariana." I say trying to make it very clear that I'm not interested in Camila. Besides, she's with Austin.

"Yeah, sure you are." Hailee says as she turns her gaze back to the field.

"I'm serious, Haiz!" I almost yell. "Okay, I believe you! Geez!" Hailee says the last part rolling her eyes. I sigh and look at the football field.

Hailee is practically my sister. We've literally known each other since we were in diapers. Our parents also know each other very well and we live really close to each other. Our houses is literally right across from each so we get to see each other everyday. We even got admitted into this academy on the same day. Hailee and I are the definition of best friends. There's no secret one of us has kept from the other. We tell each other anything and everything. Hailee dislikes Austin just as much as I do and she also thinks that he's no good for Camila even though she hasn't properly met her. We're so close to each other and we trust each other so much. We even have this thing called Sundae Sunday when we spend our entire Sunday at the ice cream parlor. It's an age-old tradition. We've been doing it since we we're eight. So yeah, we're basically best friends.

Ever since this whole thing started, Hailee has been telling me to forget about the promise and just go talk to Camila. And I didn't want to do that but at the same time, I did. We've been discussing it all week and it's driving me insane!

"So, you know I've never met Camila. Tell me, what's she like?" Hailee asks as she looks up at me.

"Well, she's really nice, smart, kind, pretty and every other nice word, and she has a good sense of humour. It's hard not to want to be friends with her right away." It's true. It's why it was so hard for me to ignore her.

"She sounds like a pretty sweet girl. How the hell did you even dare to make that promise to Ariana when you knew that Camila didn't deserve it?" Hailee says.

"I told you that I don't know. I made a mistake, okay? And I'm going to fix it no matter what it takes. Camila has went through a lot lately and she doesn't deserve to be treated the way she is." I say.

"As I had already told you, what I can't understand is that when we were at the library earlier, Camila suddenly started crying. It really confused me and made me feel... horrible." I continue as I look back down to the field. It's almost sunset so the players down there are almost done with practice.

"Well, did you somehow happen to find out why she was crying?" Hailee says and I shake my head.

"Nope. She refused to tell me and then she cancelled tutoring for the rest of the day and stormed out of the library." I say and Hailee nods.

"I guess you have no choice but to talk to her. It's the only way, really." She says.

"But the thing is that I don't know what to say to her. And I can't just tell her I had to promise Ariana to never talk to her again. I mean, what would her reaction be? Besides, it could make things awkward between her and Ariana." I say and Hailee closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Well, what else are you going to say? You're going to have to tell her one way or another." She says as she looks towards me then back at the field and I sigh. We sit in silence for a few seconds before Hailee speaks up.

"Or..." she trails off. "Or what?" I say looking towards her.

"I could do it for you."

.................

Hey people! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) sorry if it's slightly shorter than usual this time but I'll try to make the next chapter longer xx

Please vote 'cause it would mean the world to me if you do and comment down what you think of the story and the characters so far. Have a nice day! <3

Byeeeee!

xxx♡Hiba♡xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 174 2
Lauren is feeling the pressures of fame and being engaged to someone she doesn't love anymore. After an impulsive trip to Havana, she meets Camila...
63.5K 1.7K 40
Camila Cabello goes through a heart wrenching journey to find out if love is for her. Shawn Mendes, her current boyfriend , is also riding a confusin...
199K 5.3K 28
Lauren struggles a bunch which trying to forget her past. She's in college and has a basketball scholarship. She also is apart of a skateboarding tea...
94.4K 3.7K 26
Rio Mendes is the son of Shawn Mendes and Rachel Hills, but he never knew his mother. She left after he was born and Shawn was left to raise Rio on h...