The Time Watchers (TW#1)

By That_Awkward_Dragon

"The watch chose you, Amelia." Amelia is just a high schooler going about her life, until she is told by a p... More

Amelia
Amelia
Amelia
Amelia
Evelyn
Amelia
Friday
Amelia
Amelia
Friday
Amelia
Evelyn
Amelia
Amelia
Friday
Friday
Amelia
Friday
Evelyn
Amelia
Friday
Announcement!!!
Evelyn
Amelia
Evelyn
Amelia
Evelyn
Friday
Amelia
Connor
Amelia
Evelyn
Madeline
Charitie
Amelia
Amelia
Evelyn
Amelia
Evelyn
Amelia
Amelia
Evelyn
Author's Notes
Interesting Facts About "The Time Watchers"
Some Art of Mine
Highflyer is Up!

Amelia

26 4 5
By That_Awkward_Dragon

"What the heck is that?" One random person asked me, pointing to my watch.

"It's a watch." I said.

"Cool. What model?" He asked.

"Model?"

"You know, what model of Apple Watch is that?"

"It's not an Apple Watch."

"What type of watch isn't Apple?"

"A lot of watches." I said, then hurried down the hallway, not wanting to speak to him any longer. I don't know why everyone assumes that everything is the latest model when it comes to technology. And the things that aren't the latest model don't exsist. It's weird, but it's the age I live in. When I get bored I start to talk to myself, but my watch keeps talking back to me. I always tell her-- it that I was never talking to h-- it. But it always talks to me anyway. After awhile, I kind of gave up on trying to explain things to it. Apparently, we have a lot in common, but I still refuse to speak to it. As I went to my next class, Lorita's screen lit up, and words popped up on its face.

Watch out! It read, and I turned around and scowled. The rudest person I know stormed in my direction, her face smudged with a snarl. Sierra Divits. Everything about her made my skin crawl. She was a cheerleader, who was extremely vane, and was always on the lookout for someone who wasn't popular, so that she could rub her perfect life into that person's face.

And I think that I was her next target. Scratch that, I obviously was.

"Amelia Richardson!" She barked at me.

"Hi, Sierra." I said to her dryly.

"What are you doing this weekend?" Sierra flipped her brown hair, the huge bow in her hair staying in place amazingly.

"I don't know. Why do you care?" I snapped back.

"Because I was going to go to the carnival, then to the movies, and then to Braum's. I just thought you'd like to know about it, that's all." Sierra smirked.

Lorita's face lit up, and then words popped up. I foolishly read them out loud.

"If you want to know the only person who'd like to know about you, go look in a mirror." I read, then I bit my lip. Why did I do that?! I thought.

Sierra gasped in the how-dare-you way and gave me a look that said, 'did you, like, just do that?'.

I only stared at her.

"Whatever." Sierra said at last, and then she stormed off, her          'perfect curls' bouncing as she walked.

Then I quickly went outside as the bell rang to go home. As I walked, I looked at Lorita. When no one was looking, I said, "Thanks, Lorita. That was a good comeback."

"You're welcome." Lorita replied.

Then we went to Professor Friday's house. When we got there, I actually felt excited to be there, although I didn't know why. I opened the door and walked into the house, only to almost trip as Evelyn and Madeline were doing something pretty weird. Either it was a 50's dance, or they were tackling each other. I couldn't tell. Both of them were laughing though, so that was good... I guess. I passed by the two girls, then went to the living room. This time, I wanted to explore the house instead of find the closest exit. The living room had marsh green wallpaper, and an old lamp sat on a small coffee table. There was a red couch against a back wall, and an old TV that sat on a small cabinet on the other wall in front of the couch. It had a round rug on the ground that laid in front of the couch, and the rug was a dull gold. A ceiling fan was slowly spinning above me, and it had a dull light on it. Connor was talking to Samantha, and he quieted down when I came in, talking to it-- her in a whisper. I kind of felt like I was in an 80's movie.

"This is nice," I said to Lorita.

 "I like it, too." Lorita agreed.

I walked out of the room, and Connor's voice automatically elevated as I left. I looked up the stairs, and I began to wonder what was up them. I took a step, and then I heard someone ask, "What are you doing?"

I turned around to see Charitie standing behind me.

"Oh. I just wanted to see what was up there." I answered.

"We're not allowed up there." Charitie's voice had become serious, which surprised me because she was never serious.

"Oh. Why?" I asked as I stepped down.

She shrugged and said, "I don't know." in a funny way, then walked off.

"Do you know why we're not allowed up there?" I asked Lorita.

"No. But Professor Friday doesn't want anyone up there for a reason," Lorita replied, " and even though I don't know that reason, I choose not to go up there."

"... Okay then," I shrugged, then I went to explore more of the house. When I was sure I explored everywhere but the upstairs, I went to the lab. Evelyn was listening to a song from 'How To Train Your Dragon' on Jericho, singing along to the wordless song as she skipped down the hallway. It was a little weird when she spread her arms slowly at one part of the song, like she was pretending that they were big wings, and then ran around fast like she was flying when the song got to the climax. When she saw me, she stopped and put her arms down to her side awkwardly, then pointed to the right and went to where her pointed finger was pointing. I watched her leave, then let myself smile and walked into the lab.

Professor Friday was working on a different machine, screwing in a screw.

"Hi, Professor." I said.

He looked behind him to see me, then he smiled and stopped working. "Hi, Amelia. You seem happy today." He said.

I shrugged and walked over to him, then observed the machine. "What's this?" I asked.

"Well, you know how some people have fidgets?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips and looking down at the machine.

"Yeah." I replied with a nod.

Professor Friday pointed at the machine with his screwdriver. "This is my fidget."

I beamed, then walked around to see the other inventions. I started to whistle a tune, then Professor Friday grimaced and groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Professor Friday was plugging his ears with his fingers as he looked up at me.

"Whistling hurts my ears," he said with an awkward smile, "and... So does clicking with your tongue. Those are the two noises that I can't stand."

"Oh. Sorry." Then I asked, "How bad does it hurt?"

"Uh... Think of a high pitched freight train going right past your ear, and it had a huge, squealing horn. That's what it sounds like to me." Professor Friday took his fingers out of his ears, then started working on his fidget again.

I watched him for awhile, then walked around a little more. When I saw everything, I walked out of the lab and went to the kitchen, only to find Evelyn, Madeline, and Razz in the freezer.

"Hey, guys." I said.

"Hey, fam." Madeline said, her head still in the freezer.

"What are you doing?" I asked them, walking closer.

Evelyn and Razz stuck their heads out of the freezer and looked at me.

"Which ice cream? Caramel, or peanut butter cup?" Razz asked.

Evelyn looked at Razz. "You know what?" Evelyn said. "Let's just have both."

"Ugh! Why didn't we think about that sooner?" Razz said, smacking her forehead.

Madeline pulled out two tubs and walked to the counter, then put them down and pulled out an ice cream scooper.

"Are you guys allowed to have that?" I asked them.

"Der!" Madeline said, popping open one of the ice cream tops.       "That's why we're getting some."

Evelyn pulled out four bowls and handed me one, then gave the others a bowl as well. "Give me a bigger scoop of caramel, Madie." Evelyn ordered, but not rudely.

"Got it." Madeline said. She quickly gave each of us huge scoops of ice cream, then we pulled out spoons and went to the living room after we put the ice cream tubs away. Evelyn jumped onto the couch, startling Connor, and started stirring the ice cream together. Razz and Madie sat down on the floor and ate their ice cream, and I joined them. When we finished, we started to clean our dishes in the sink. While we cleaned, our watches began to blink.

"Uh, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked, pointing to Lorita.

Madie and Razz became excited, and Evelyn was jumping up and down happily.

"Mission!" Evelyn shouted, then she took off running to the lab.

* * *

This chapter was deleted somehow, and I can't get it back, so I'm putting it in this chapter. Enjoy!

We were in the lab, lined up like we were in the army. The Professor stood in front of us, his hands behind his back, and looked down at each of us.

"Now, Amelia," he started, "because you're new at this, you're going to have to follow their lead and simply watch and learn."

I nodded, although I hated the idea of just doing nothing.

He continued. "As always, Madie's in charge. Time Watchers, explain things to Amelia if she has any questions, and be patient."

The Time Watchers nodded in agreement.

Friday grinned at us, then turned to me once again. "We have a few rules on time travel, Amelia. It's a very dangerous thing, as you should know. One: Do not mention that you are from the future, no matter what. If someone does learn--which has hardly ever happened--just tell them... your their guardian angels, or something. No matter how odd that sounds, people have bought it every time it's happened. Two: Do not let anyone see you time travel, or hear your watch talk. I'm not even going to tell you why, because you'd be stupid if you didn't know why not. Three: No future words. Which means don't say cool, rad, LOL, TTYL, and other slang you kids use these days.

"Rule three kind of goes into rule four. Rule four: Do not sing songs from your present. That could mess up time, the singer who originally sang that song, and basically everything in your life. Maybe even your parents. Rule five: Do not use your power for bad. On each mission, you get a certain power from your watch. If you use that power foolishly, you will be sent back here. And rule six: Do not travel to a time where you exist, or, your present. If you do, and you see or touch your past self, a number of things could happen. One, it could rip the fabric of the space time continuum. Which is a big no-no.

"Did you understand all that, Amelia?" Friday smiled his constant smile.

"Yeah, I think so." I said, taking in the information.

"Good. And if you do somehow forget, Lorita can remind you."

"Got it."

"Okay, go ahead and see where you all are going, Madie."

Madeline began to press Becky's face, and then a massive smile spread across her face. "We're going to the Medieval Times!"

"Really?!" Evelyn jumped with joy. "I want to see some dragons!"

"And elves! Don't forget them!" Charitie added.

"Will we see pirates, too?" Madeline asked.

"Only pirates are real." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

Friday gave me a small smirk. "You'd be surprised, Amelia. Most of the things you see as fantasy, are much more real than you think."

"Yeah!" Evelyn chimed in. "I've encountered a dragon thrice, been chased by bigfoot, I was possessed for about twenty seconds, encountered other ghostly phenomenons, I see shadows that don't belong to anyone, and I'm a Time Watcher."

"You're insane." I dead-panned.

"Dude," Connor frowned, "you're the crazy one."

"How?" I scowled and crossed my arms.

"For not believing in anything." Connor replied.

"Can we go now?" Razz asked, impatient.

Friday nodded. "Oh, and don't worry about changing clothes, Amelia. The watches do that for you."

Madie showed me how to jump, which is what they call time travelling sometimes, and then we all slammed our hands against our watches' faces, disappearing in a blue flash. It was so weird! One moment, I'm literally going through a bluish-purplish worm hole, or something like that, then I'm standing in the middle of a forest with everyone. I was wearing a gold dress that looked so out of style, but I was totally pulling it off. It also looked like good travel clothes. I had a belt on my waist, a small sword hanging in its sheath on my side. A bag of something was next to my sword.

We were all wearing hiking boots, which were covered with mud on the bottom of them. Connor wore a red tunic and baggy leggings, and had a small dagger hanging in its sheath on his loose belt. Charitie wore a blue dress that made her eyes show a bit more, and it also looked travel worthy. She had a sheathed knife on her belt, and a bag that hung on her belt as well. Madeline had a green dress, but it wasn't like everyone elses. It was kind of... piratey... I guess. She had a sheathed sword on her belt, and a bag on her belt, too.

Evelyn and Razz didn't wear a dress, but wore tunics and leggings, like Connor. Evelyn looked like a ninja or secret assassin, clad in complete black. She had a bow and arrow with her, the bow strapped around her chest and the quiver dangling on her belt, along with a knife. She had a waterskin instead of a bag. Razz had a purple tunic and black leggings, and a knife on her belt.

When we were done examining ourselves, we paid attention to the task at hand. Whatever that would be.

Becky started, "Like Friday said, you all get a power to help you complete a mission. Your power for this mission, is the ability to turn into a dragon."

Evelyn gaped, then squealed with delight and ran around in circles. "OH MY GOSH! WE GET TO TURN INTO DRAGONS! DID YOU HEAR BECKY, YOU GUYS? DRAGONS!!!"

"Shh!" Scolded Jericho. "We don't know who could be out here."

"Oh, right. Sorry!" Evelyn finally stopped running around like a maniac--not that she isn't one--and stood impatiently in front of us.

"Madeline," said Becky, her face dim, "your dragon has the ability to become invisible. It is green, with fur instead of scales, and has gold eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Its wingspan is thirty feet, so it is better on the ground than the sky."

Madie nodded.

"Connor," said Samantha, "your dragon has the ability to set itself on fire without hurting itself. It has red scales, and black eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Its wingspan is eighty feet, so it is an excellent flier."

Connor grinned widely, seeming excited.

"Charitie," said Alex, "your dragon has the ability to breathe electricity along with fire. It has blue feathers, and has green eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Its wingspan is fifty feet, so it would be great for both sky and land."

"Got it!" Charitie dimpled.

"Razz," said Jason, "your dragon has the ability to shrink. It has purple scales, and has red eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Its wingspan is eighty feet, so it is an excellent flier."

Razz held up the 'OK' sign with her hand.

"Evelyn," began Jericho, pausing when she giggled in excitement, "your dragon has the ability to breathe ice along with fire. It has black feathers, and navy blue eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Because of its color, it is easy for you to hide in the shadows, and its feathers help you disguise even more because scales would sparkle. Its wingspan is a hundred feet, so it is the best in the skies."

Evelyn just jumped up and down, giggling delightfully.

"Amelia," said Lorita at long last, "your dragon has the ability to breathe underwater because it has gills, and its fire is strong enough to use in the ocean. It has gold scales, with orange eyes, talons, horns, and spikes. Its wingspan is fifty feet, but because of the wings' fin-like-shape, it would be better in the water than the air."

"So, am I able to fly?" I questioned.

"Yes, but it's better in the water."

"Oh,"

Madie said, "Okay, I guess since we got that taken care of, we can go to the village."

So, we did. We followed Madeline's lead out of the woods and found a Medieval styled town with a castle in the center. I kept my eye on the guards as we were halted and asked what our business was in the capital known as Florie. Madeline had that covered, making up that we were just travelers and wanted to visit the town. The guards let us pass, and we all looked around in awe and wonder. It was pretty qant, with chickens scrambling about all over the place. Instead of cars, there were coaches pulled by horses, donkeys and mules, and people trading things on the side of every building.

We found ourselves an inn called, "The Sleepy Dragon Inn and Bar", and went to it to get a room or two.

"'Xcuze me, ma'am," said Madeline in the accent everyone spoke in, "we'd like t' get two rooms, please."

The woman behind the bar looked at us suspiciously as she cleaned a mug. "You all look a little too young t' get yerself a room. Younger than you should be." She stopped cleaning her mug and leaned forward in Madie's face. "Are yee run-aways?"

Madie shook her head.

"Well 'ow come yer--"

Madie put a bag of coins on the bar. "How about I give yee three shillings and we forget the age?"

The lady looked down at the coins, wide eyed, then smiled at us and stashed the coins behind the bar, giving us two keys. "Yer rooms 're on the left."

"Thank 'ee." Madie walked off with the keys, down the left where the bar lady told us to go.

"Madie," said Evelyn, "you know we were only going to give her one shilling for the two rooms, right?"

"Yep," Madie held up a bag of coins, "but that would have led to everyone questioning us, and then snooping on us. Let's just let her think she got the shillings, and let's just pretend I didn't take them back from right under her nose."

We laughed and went to the rooms. Because there were six of us, three of us occupied each room. I went with the two weird sisters, while Connor, Razz, and Charitie took the other room. It was kind of weird to me, because there were no outlets on any walls, and there were oil lamps and water basins instead of regular lamps and sinks. The floor was wood, and it looked like termites may have been here once. When we were all situated, the rest of the Time Watchers came into our room.

Madie pulled up a hologram on her watch. The hologram was a picture of a man, who looked to be sixteen or so. He had brown hair and eyes, and a small smile on his face. "This is Prince Andrew," informed Madeline. "He's the reason we're here. Apparently, his sorcerer is evil, and has been trying to secretly take over the kingdom. Because Andrew's father died, he is now the ruler of Florie. But the sorcerer thinks he can trick Andrew into handing over the crown. Our job is to get rid of the sorcerer."

"How?" I asked.

"I think," said Charitie, "we might be able to tell Andrew himself.  We could say... we were told by an unknown source that he would, I don't know, be in grave danger because of his sorcerer. Then the sorcerer would be banished, and all's well that ends well."

"That could work," Connor shrugged.

"Seems easy enough," I agreed. Too easy, in fact. "But how will we be able to talk to him?"

"We'll find a way." Evelyn said confidently.

"Well, that takes care of that. I'll go get us some dinner, and we can explore later on." Madeline went out of the door, leaving us behind.

                                                    * * *

After we ate--it was only bread and cheese--it was already dark out. Evelyn wanted to show me how to use our power--mainly because she wanted to use it--so I followed her out of the gates and into the woods. I don't know why the gates were left open, but I just guessed the guards were being stupid. Deep in the woods, Evelyn stopped and turned to me, our watches acting like flashlights. I heard owls for the first time in my life, and I even saw a bat! Which freaked me out, to be honest. Living in the suburbs, you don't really see any of that stuff. Evelyn seemed used to it, though.

Enthusiastically, Evelyn showed me how to activate the power, going first as an example. In the blink of an eye, she grew massive, black, feathery wings, and horns, spikes, and talons grew. I couldn't really see what was happening until it already happened, leaving me standing there to gape. Evelyn jumped up and down, telling me it was my turn.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, nervous.

"Nope! It just kind of tickles." She grinned, which looked really weird on a dragon. "Come on! Try it, Amelia!"

I sighed, but pressed the buttons she had and smashed my hand into Lorita's face. Soon, I was sparkling, the moonlight bouncing off my gold scales. Evelyn took off, flying into the night sky, and I watched her go.

"Go on, Amelia! Fly!" Ushered Lorita.

I glared, my eyes narrowed. "I don't know how. I never had." The night wasn't as dark as it was, which made me suspect I had night vision.

"All you have to do, is jump and flap your wings. Your dragon's instincts will take it from there."

"Are you sure?" I sifted my paws through the grass, churning up dirt.

"Positive. Go on and give it a shot."

Okay, I said sarcastically in my mind. I jumped and opened my wings, which really did look like fins. Evelyn was no where to be seen, and I looked around nervously as I saw the world leave my feet. This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy, this is--

Evelyn flew past me quickly, the night cloaking her with it. She giggled and shot flames out of her maw, smoke trailing after her. Her wings were big, and they resembled a bat. Her tail was long and had two flaps on the ends that looked like tiny wings.

"Don't do that!" I scolded, my heart racing. "You scared me!"

"My bad, Miss Grumpy!" She flew next to me, smoke flying out of her nostrils. All the while, she was smiling.

I rolled my eyes and simply flew, then smirked. I'll get you back. I took in a deep breath, feeling warm liquid in my throat, and spewed it at Evelyn, who dodged the incoming flames.

"Nice shot!" Evelyn laughed, although I think she was being genuine. "Especially for a noobie!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're new at being a Time Watcher. That's all." She smiled and flew past me again.

We flew for who knows how long, and when Evelyn finally got tired, she went back to the village in human form. I stayed a little longer, wanting time away from everyone so I could process everything. I landed in a clearing, with a creak running through it. Curious, I dipped my head and neck inside the water. My gills began to work automatically, and it felt really weird because water was filtering through my neck, to my lungs, and back out. I snorted and drew my head out, then looked at my reflection.

A golden dragon with intense orange eyes stared back at me, her horns sparkling in the moonlight. The dragon was truly magnificent, but also looked slightly menacing, in a way. I let out a puff of smoke and rose my head higher, puffing out my dragon's golden chest. I ruffled my wings, then jumped when I heard someone pull back a trigger. I turned my head to see a brown haired boy about the age of sixteen holding a crossbow.

Aimed directly at my heart.

I am ssssoooooo sorry that it took this long to write this, but I've been busy. Also, I didn't know that this chapter had been deleted somehow until it was too late. Again, my apologies. I love everyone of you for taking the time to read my books, vote on them, and maybe comment. I haven't gotten many comments, so it would be super appreciated. Anyway, I should probably shut up, now. So bye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.4K 17
Book 1 of A Timeless Fragment of Epoch A ryeji secret agent/time travel/college au Hwang Yeji and Shin Ryujin were best friends since they were kids...
14.8K 598 56
A Linked Universe Reader Insert Fanfiction. This day was not going as you had planned. It probably was not going as planned for these travellers you...
11 0 1
''There was a war...a long bloody war, between Dragons, Oluan, and humans.''Magic and Power... Dragons. These are the things of books and movies... o...
90.2K 1.5K 23
!!COMPLETED!! Warning!! Sexual assault, emotional abuse, and physical abuse! Y/N L/N has been friends with the gang since forever. But the summer be...