Translucent

By Vishakha-prasad

This is the story of Odells family, who now has become the mystery, forgotten in the shadow of Evil silhouett... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Epilogue
I Got Tagged
//Author's note//
SORRY!!!!!
-IM-PORT-ANT-

Thirty-four

93 8 0
By Vishakha-prasad

Maybe I'm afraid of dying but I'm not afraid of her.

"You're going to hell, bitch!"  That was not my words as I screamed in her face. Her face fell, she gritted her teeth and holding the bat again in her vice grip, pointing it at me.

"Even now, when you're on your knees with your boy toy dying before your eyes. You think it's a good idea to piss me off more than I already am. I can end you any time I want." She hissed, clearly offended by my little statement. But I could care less.

It's not me who's gonna handle the situation from here on. I'm giving upon him. He always was the brave and strong one. And I'm on the other side was the bravado and pathetic. I cannot do anything to save Drew. It's only him who can save him and me. And It's his battle. It's his revenge. Miles Odell.

"Maybe I'm afraid of dying but I'm not afraid of you." He spoke through me. Granny has one of the expression of shock on her face. She knew it's not my word. Her eyes widened.

She cackled suddenly. "Believe or not you're just like that brat Miles Odell. I'll tell you how I ended his pathetic existence. And how I'm gonna end yours." She put the bat on her shoulder and stood straight trying to look confident and a complete bitch than she already is. The look of pure evil on her face. But I'm not fazed by it anymore. I'm already dead. What else she could do anymore?

"You know how it all started. Huh? Let me tell you I drugged him in a same way I've been drugging you. Whenever he skipped breakfast he started loosing it like you have experienced already. He was a cutter like you. I was the one who pushed his mother from the stairs because George was attracting toward her. I made him beat the shit out of Miles. I had beaten him with this very bat. It has tasted his blood now it will taste yours." Every word she said brought memories of those tragic nights. My anger fuelled.

I scoffed, gripping my side that is burning like hell right now, but that's least of my concern. I stood proudly in front of her. It doesn't do much help considering she has damaged this body pretty much like she did to mine two years ago.

Her eyes widened as to how I'm still able to stand on my legs after the amount of beatings she gave me. According to her, I would be lying on the ground crying in pain and fear, alone and hopeless just like she did to me two years ago. And her puppet George or should I say 'Stephen' watching everything doing nothing because he awes her big time. What a prick.

"I see, you grew some ball there. I was expecting you to beg me for mercy, on your knees when I kill your precious Drew." She pursed her lips. She still thinks she is the one in dominance. But guess what, she has no idea. She's going to go down in hell in few minutes. Coz I'm not here to listen her bullshits.

"You don't know me. And I dare you if you touch Drew. I swear I won't hesitate to kill you." I growled. "And I don't make threats I make promises." I backed away slightly taking a step back. I knew there's a gun in the drawer. And I'm going to get it. And put the bullets straight into her head.

"Oh pleaseeee...... I know, you can't hurt a fly let alone to kill me. I was tolerating you because George doesn't want you dead. I don't know, what sweet nothings your mother has fed him. He has forgotten everything I taught him. He has forgotten what I did for him. But I swear, I won't hesitate to kill him too if he tried to walk in my way." She explained her cruel intention. She cannot be stopped. She's sick. She can't be forgiven. She has gone too far and there's no coming back. She even admitted it that George means nothing to her.

"I know he's just a pawn in your hand. He should've turned in on you when it's the time-" I got cut when another voice spoke. I turned my head to the door so did Granny. She was looking more shock then I was.

"So I did." The voice belonged to George. The voice I learnt to afraid two years ago. The man in shadow. I hate him with passion. I hate him as much as I hate that bitch Aniston Cobble. He was the reason my body was littered with countless bruises and cuts just because he couldn't deny that bitch's order. He was the reason my mother died because he fucked with medicines. He was the reason why anyone couldn't find me because they hid my body in the backyard and covered it with the pool.

I watched as George and Lillian Moreno came into view. I can see the guilt on his face. I guess he confessed to her everything. I turned my attention to Aniston who was dumbfounded. Lillian was glaring at her with fire in her eyes. And George....he was just standing with passive expression on.

"What do you think you're doing George?" She said gritted her teeth in anticipation and anger.

"It's Stephan. Aniston. My name's Stephen. Stop calling me by my middle name. And I stopped being your puppet anymore." Stephen George Cobble reasoned finally dared to look into her poisonous eyes.

She cackled like a maniac. "You think they're gonna forgive you for what you've done? Huh- you're just fooling yourself. They're just using you." She retorted. Compelling him. But I guess it's too late.

George shook his head. A sad smile crawled across his face as he spoke. "Even God's not gonna forgive me for the sins I've committed. I know I'm going to be punished for what I did to Catherine and Miles. And I can't redeem my sins now. But I love them and I'm going to try for them." He's regretting everything he did. But it's too late. Because not me or my mom are coming back. But it's not late for Claire and her mother. I'm grateful for Claire to help me for everything.

I turned my head to see Drew as he started to shake. He coughed lightly and I dropped beside him and lifted his head to rest it on my lap not wanting to cause him anymore damage. He has lost a good amount of blood. And his head is still bleeding. I pressed my hands on his wounds and he winched as pain shoot through his body. He opened his eyes with difficulty but soon his features turned stiff as he came back to his senses. He's aware that what had happened few minutes ago and how he got knocked unconscious.

"Claire? Are you okay? Where's she?" He quickly turned around to see any sign of danger. His eyes widened as they landed on Lillian and George along with Granny (I prefer calling her Bitch) at the door step. He didn't waste time to assess the situation as he whispered to me. "The gun!"

"It's okay! Everything's going to be fine. Lillian-I mean mom's here. There's nothing to worry about." I whispered to him as I took his hands in mine. He turned his head to what I'm guessing to look at Claire's mom. She was standing beside George with hands crossed over her chest. She quickly shot a smile at Drew and turned her head again toward Aniston. Drew smirked then turned toward me as I helped him standing on his feet. He gripped my hands tight as world swirled around him. He winced and lightly touched his head. His cheek was stained with his blood so were his hair. He must be in lot of pain but he wasn't trying to show it. But his eyes were telling everything.

We watched as Aniston started to shaking in her shoes. It was the best moment of my life. For the situation she put me through I had just one wish and that was to see her losing in her own game. And this was happening.

Now I want to end her vile existence and take revenge of my mother's death. For Alex's car accident. 'He just wanted to take his best friend's soul to heaven where it belongs.' For my love's misery. And for Drew for putting up this long and taking care of my half-sister, for keeping her safe.

I backed until my back hit the tiny knob of drawers. Drew wasn't watching as I slid my hand in top drawer and pulled the metal gun out.

"I'll kill all of you." I heard Aniston growled looking at George specially. Lillian smirked so did Drew. What's up with them? It's like Claire's mother and Drew has same thought. I stretched my hand out, aiming the gun at Aniston as she paid no attention she's too busy glaring at George.

"Your time's up bitch!" I grawled as everyone's attention is now on me. Everyone was shocked even Drew who first told me pull the gun out. But I was too busy staring at Aniston's fear stricken face. As her hands trembled so was the bat that was once covered in my blood and now in Claire's innocent blood. Now she can't do anything with that bat. She can't hurt anyone anymore. She can't run anywhere because the only way of getting out is blocked by Lillian. She's trapped just like I was, two years ago.

"Claire, put the gun down. There's no need to use it anymore. The police is coming. She can't do anything anyway." Drew said. I saw Claire's mother nodding in agreement. "He's right, hon." And George just stayed silent and passive.

"No. She needs to die, Drew. You witnessed everything. What she did to me, to Alex, to you, to-to-to O-odells family. She is the reason Destiny died." It pained me to say everything. Tears pricked in my eyes blurring my vision. Everything will end with her death. My soul will rest in peace when she burn in hell.

"I know every word you say is right. She deserves it. But I don't want you to stain your hands in her blood. She's not worth it." Drew stated, his voice's trembling, his shaky hands reached to take gun from my hand but my grip tightened around the gun as my finger rested on the barrel.

I started to rethink Drew's word. My only aim is to kill Aniston. But I can't stain Claire's hands with her blood. She doesn't deserve this. She just wants to help me but I can't take advantage of this. I have no right to do such a thing as taking someone else's life while I'm in her body. I need to make rational decisions. I can't let my anger take over. And I chose to leave this decision on Claire. I guess I've done enough.

I closed my eyes and once again become the voice in her head. I won't invade anymore.

The pain shot through my side and left leg as I opened my eyes, looking around at everyone in the room with gun in my hand. I released the gun and Drew took it from my trembling hands. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"It's okay!" He muttered and turned toward Granny. "It's over Aniston. The police would be here in few minutes there's nothing you can do now." Drew said firmly.

"You can't beat me. I've tried so hard to make it all. To create this empire. You can't just barge in and destroy everything I've created. You just can't." Granny screamed, she knew that there's nothing she can't do now. But she isn't accepting this.

"Aniston!" George started, "You've failed. Admit it. Now quit it." He said, shaking his head. He sounded defeated and tired.

"And let me hold this." Mom said snatching the formidable bat from her hands. "There's no use of it." She said smirking. Now Granny's harmless. Mom's eyes landed on the fresh blood patches on the bat, anger took over her in few seconds as she swung the bat on Granny knocking her down on the floor, not caring about her age for once.

I flinched at her action so did George and Drew. Everyone's eyes were wide staring at mom as she breathed heavily in anger. I watched as Granny screamed while writhing on the floor in pain. Drew wrapped his arms around me pulling me close as my mom's anger burst.

"That's what you get for hurting my daughter and her friends-" She swung the bat again, "-and this one for drugging her and putting her through hell." She proceeded to kick her that's when I barged in.

"Stop! Mom stop. What are you doing. You'd kill her if you didn't stop." I screamed and she stopped and look me, she threw the bat away.

"Ma'am you don't have to do this. Police will come and take her away." Drew reasoned. Mom sighed. I noticed George didn't have any sympathy for her. He just watched her with boring eyes. He has no emotions for her. He's empty.

I saw as a single tear slipped from her eyes. "Mom!!" "I'm sorry you've got hurt in this mess. I shouldn't have told you to come here." Mom said as she walked up to me and hugged me tightly.

"It's not your fault mom. You didn't know that... things will turned out this bad. And, and besides if I wouldn't have come here, I wouldn't have met my precious boyfriend Drew." I stated as mom and Drew chuckled. Mom extended her arm to hug Drew also. She accepted him.

"I'm happy to see you all as a happy family. I guess you'll be happy with me out of the picture." We broke our hug as we heard George. He was smiling gently, cursing his destiny that led him on wrong way. "I've always craved for a family. And when I got one, I sacrificed it for my greed. But I won't do it again. I promise." George said I saw truth in his eyes and tears of guilt.

Drew and me stayed quiet as mom folded her hands over her chest, staring at him. "I know you were never fully truthful to me. But I'm glad you've confessed to me and accepted everything. But what you've done to Odells family is unforgivable."

"I ain't gonna ask for your forgiveness because I know I don't deserve it. I just want you happy-" George stopped as we heard the police siren.

Police is here. They're gonna take Granny and George away. I know mom's hurting right now. But she can't forgive him this easily. Yet she tried.

She walked up to him when police were cuffing his hands and asked for few minutes. George didn't look her in the eye instead he hung his head low in shame. I can't believe he's the guy in black tux and bright smile who asked for my permission to take mom for dinner not even two hours ago.

"Look at me George!" Mom ordered and he obeyed, biting his lip. He didn't say anything. I watched as police escorted Granny away. And she shouted George's name but he didn't pay any attention toward her.

"Promise me. You'd take me out for a perfect dinner after you serve your sentence." That's when for the first time I saw a single tear roll down his eyes. George Cobble was crying.
He nodded quietly, "I promise. I promise you. Thank you for giving me another chance even when I don't deserve it."

"You do! You do deserve a second chance. Because I love you!" She said and smashed her lips against his.

"Don't I deserve a kiss?" I turned my head to look at Drew who was watching me with his big brown eyes. I flustered and closed the distance between us.

------------THE END-------------
----------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...
Pursuit (Completed) By Sharon

Mystery / Thriller

4.6K 649 37
A boy is left behind by his mother and is rescued by a stranger. Soon after, two people are killed. Twenty five years later, emotions are resurfacing...
Kidnapped (Book 1) By kthaler

Mystery / Thriller

429K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...
29.1K 1.6K 70
Tabitha and her mother think they have found themselves the perfect place to live: an extremely affordable mansion in a small town far away from Tabi...