ESCAPE

By dakotarain18

When a contract that was signed 4 years ago comes back to haunt Zayn, he can't help but run away to escape fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter-2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter- 27
Chapter-28
Chapter- 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Thank you

Chapter-26

116 24 3
By dakotarain18

ZAYN

When Nova was admitted after her attack, I had made sure that she would receive the best medical attention that the U.K could provide, while management took care of making everything private.

If I ever wanted to visit Nova, it had to be done in the early hours of the morning, so waking up at 3am to see her was not new to me.

'You really don't have to come', I said as I watched my Mum brush her hair. Dad was still asleep and so she was trying to make less noise as she got ready.

'Yes I do, she's like a daughter to me, Zayn', she said and I sighed as I met her stern look through her dressing mirror's reflection.

'Zayn', she said and came up to me.

I looked down at her as she took my face in her hands.

'Have courage', she said.

'I try Mum. I try every single second of the day to imagine her by my side. As if she were healthy and well', I said and I felt my eyes sting a bit.

'I know you do sweetheart, but that's not what I meant', she said and I gave her a confused look.

'I know that things are looking dark now and that our chances of a full recovery are slim, which is why I want you to have the courage to believe that things can turn out well, even if it's not a fairy-tale miracle', she said.

'Isn't that a bit harsh?', I asked and she smiled.

'That's how the world works and through all of that all we need is a teaspoon of faith that allows us some light, even if it comes out faded', she said and I nodded.

'Are you going to see Nova?', asked a voice from behind me and I turned to find Safaa rubbing her eyes at me.

'Yeah', I replied and she smiled.

'Can I come too?', she asked and I looked at Mum as I was unable to give her an answer.

'Maybe next time sweetheart', she said and that made her pout.

I quickly bent down to her eyes and took her hands in mine, 'I'll make sure she knows that you miss her', I said and she smiled.

'Is it because it's still a secret?', she asked softly and I nodded as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

'I wish it wasn't', she said and I wrapped my arms around her.

'Me too', I said and tried to push away the memories that came along with it.

My sisters had grown very fond of Nova but it was Safaa who had the closest bond with her.

The day that they had both bonded was still engraved in my head, a day that still made my pulse race.

'But I want one, Zayn!', she whined and I shot her down with a stern look.

'It's just a popsicle', said Nova as we walked past the stores in L.A, along with Jake who was my escort.

'Yeah and I can't stand in a store without being ambushed by fans and paps', I said as I pulled down my snap back a bit more.

'As if that hat makes all the difference. I bet those girls over there have already tweeted your location', said Nova with a smirk.

'WHAT?!', I asked stunned and looked around frantically and found two girls staring at me.

The second they caught me looking at them, they started to squeal and scream.

Oh joy.

'HEY LOOK IT'S ZAYN MALIK!', yelled Nova and knocked off my snapback for more effect.

'What the fuck, Nova?!', I exclaimed as I tried to retrieve my snapback.

'Zayn said a bad word', said Safaa with a very amused expression.

'Oooh, you're in trouble now, pop star', sniggered Nova and I threw my hands up in defeat.

'You know what? Go buy your damn ice-cream or whatever', I said.

'That's two dollars in the swear jar, pop star', said Nova and I rolled my eyes at her while Safaa kept laughing at us.

'I'll be in the car', I said with a poker face.

'We'll be back', called Nova but I ignored her and turned towards the direction of the car.

That was my mistake.

Everything happened so fast that I didn't know what had happened until Jake grabbed my arm to get me out of there.

First came the crashing sound of metal, followed shortly by a gun shot and Safaa's loud scream.

I turned on my heel and was met by another gun shot but Jake pushed my down to the ground just in time.

When I looked up, it was total chaos.

People were screaming and running everywhere and to top it all, there were even paparazzi cameras everywhere.

'Zayn, get in the car', said Jake as he pulled me up.

'ZAYN!!!', screamed Safaa's voice from somewhere on the left and I tried to move towards her.

'It's too dangerous, we'll get her for you', said Jake as he pushed me back.

'NO!', I exclaimed and shook him off before I dove into the stampede of people.

I finally found her lying between some trash bins and she was crying.

I quickly kicked away the bins to free her and she jumped into my arms as she clung around my neck.

'Are you alright? Are you hurt?', I asked frantically.

'Nova saved me', she cried.

'Where is she?', I asked.

'I don't know, she pushed me to the side and then they-', but she erupted into a fit of tears unable to continue.

'Shh, you're safe Safaa', I said and picked her up in my arms.

'Look', she said and pointed to the ground where I made out drops of blood.

Panic engulfed me as I looked at the red liquid and I quickly handed her over to Jake who had managed to follow me.

'Take her away', I said.

'Zayn you need to leave', said Jake as he took Safaa.

'My girl is out there and she could be even wounded. I need to find her', I said fiercely and he sighed.

'I'll be right by you', he said and I nodded.

I quickly searched for more blood and finally found a trail that lead to an alley.

'NOVA?!', I called out, praying that she was alright.

'Zayn?', called a feeble voice from a corner.

'Babe, where are you?!', I asked turning towards the direction of sound and I was answered by a cry of pain.

I hurriedly approached her and I found her hiding behind a large trash bin with her back against the wall.

'Babe!', I exclaimed and she cried out as she saw me.

'No don't', I said as she tried to get up.

'You're hurt', I said as I noticed her clutching her leg.

Blood was dripping from her hands and her face was stained with tears along with some blood.

'Is Safaa safe?', she asked as I picked her up bridal style.

'Yeah you rescued her', I said as I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

'It was them Zayn, they found me but I never expected them to attack me out in public', she began but I cut her off.

'You don't have to say anything for now. You're hurt and we need to get you to a hospital', I said as we exited the alley and we came face to face with Jake who look shocked as he saw us.

'Come on kids', he said as he took her from my arms.

'Dammit!', I cursed as the cameras flashed around us and I tried my best to block Nova from their view but it was of no use.

'What happened?'

'Is she alight?'

'Who shot her?'

'GET OUT OF THE WAY!', answered Jake for them and he called for backup through his Bluetooth.

More security showed up and they helped usher us into the sedan.

'Hospital', said Jake as he positioned her carefully in my arms.

'Nova!', cried Safaa as he turned to look from the front seat.

'Turn around Safaa', I ordered so that she wouldn't get scared.

'Is she going to die?', she asked between her tears.

'Hell no', replied Nova with a smile which she bravely put up for Safaa so that she wouldn't feel afraid.

'Look straight, Safaa', I said and she turned towards the front sniffing away her tears.

'You could have been a bit gentle', scolded Nova.

'I don't think you need to go to the hospital, you're perfectly fine', I said fake glaring at her.

'Only when I'm with you', she replied with a smile and I bent down to kiss her gently.

That was the first time Nova was attacked and unfortunately Safaa had been caught in the middle of it all.

Ever since then, we would have at least a dozen security guards with us if we ever went out and I made sure that we didn't so that she would be protected and Nova hated it.

She hated being stuck inside a hotel room while the rest of the lads and their girlfriends got to go out and come back whenever the pleased.

At one point it made her feel guilty. She knew how much I hated being held on a leash and the extra caution only made her feel horrible as it was applicable to me as well.

'I feel like I robbed you of the little freedom you had', she said one day as I found her huddled on the couch with tears streaming down her face.

'I feel like a free man whenever I'm around you Nova. I'm free to be me and I'm free to love. Don't you dare say that you robbed me of my freedom because I never really had any to start with. You freed me, babe', I said and she smiled.

That smile was enough to heal anything that ripped my heart.

Nova had freed me from every single rule that had me chained down, so not being able to act like a normal couple was a price that I was willing to pay.

And now without her, I felt chained again

Nothing and no one else in the world could replace her.

4Ff3Avz��7�թ(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.4K 50
( Major Edits for this book !!!!) Meet Eve and Carly. Two girls that are facing the world together. They both have the same story. Yet, when they try...
8.6K 346 37
Have you ever loved someone so much you wanted to keep them hidden from the world and all to yourself? Well apparently that's called kidnapping.
710K 20K 22
Alexis is an orphan. She doesnt trust anyone, especiall men which is undersandable due to the things her father and others would do to her. When the...