Part time thief

By SashaSpittle

(F/n) came from a wealthy family of artists but decided to go out into the wide open world on her own, to mak... More

Chapter 1- the beginning
Chapter 2- fitness is a b**ch
Chapter 3- unexpected Date
Chapter 4- hard worker
Chapter 5- why so serious?
Chapter 6-thief!
Chapter 7- to be a gentleman
Chapter 8- two faced
Chapter 9- limits
Chapter 11- the pain of an artist
Chapter 12- a mans lust
Chapter 13- friendly competition
Chapter 14- well that came unexpected
Chapter 15- stranger danger
Chapter 16- assassins are jerks
Chapter 17- help me
Chapter 18- that little bit of hope
Chapter 19- found you
Chapter 20- family...it's complicated
Chapter 21- friends
Chapter 22- home sweet home
Chapter 23- goodbye my friend
Please do not skip!!!
Chapter 25- Never a moment of peace
Chapter 26- Christmas cheer
Chapter 27- Hajime's story
Chapter 28- plans and invites.
Chapter 29- one game, two kisses
Chapter 30- Aneko the professional
Chapter 31- masks mean more.
Chapter 32- bad parenting
Chapter 33- a garden walk
Chapter 34- words linger
I'm sorry
Chapter 35- a son has a duty
chapter 36- words are hard
chapter 37- A Job?
Chapter 38- going solo
chapter 39- a recovered memory
...
chapter 40- a confession
chapter 41- drama queen
chapter 42- what type?
Face reveal!
Chapter 43- Misunderstanding
chapter 44
chapter 45- attempted murder
chapter 46- obsessive love
Chapter 47- Walking on thin ice
Chapter 48- a storm is coming
Chapter 49- Traitor!
Chapter 50- Run b*tch Run!
Chapter 51- I am not a traitor
Chapter 52- Here we go again
chapter 53-Plagued thoughts
chapter 54- Run rabbit run
Chapter 55- fight!
Chapter 56- Riki to the rescue...again
Chapter 57- Blind
Chapter 58- so close and yet so far away
Chapter 59- A fight to the death

Chapter 10- first mission

419 15 1
By SashaSpittle

The darkness of night covered the sleeping city and an ominous fog rolled into the empty streets, the street lamps barely cutting through its thickness. It's white swirling image covering the five vigilante members, their footsteps deadly quiet. Almost like shadows within the darkest corners, the group were close to invisible. Their black clothes making them blend in the dark. (F/n) was one of them, however her eyes wasn't very used to these sort of conditions, meaning her steps became clumsy and loud. The female suddenly lost her footing and fell forward, but her hand was suddenly caught and dragged up. It was large and strangely soft, she already knew it was one of the men in the angels but she couldn't tell which one. She expected the male to drop her hand, surprisingly that didn't happen. He kept a tight hold on her hand as they ran with the rest of the group.

"We're here." Hiro whispered and the hand had let go of (f/n)'s, the cold air of night biting into her hand at the loss of warmth. "Remember the plan, Jun has already hacked into the system and I parked the van round the corner during the day so it didn't look suspicious. Hajime and Goro, you know what to do."

"What do I do?" (F/n) squinted her eyes and could just make out the outline of Hiro.

"You...um...you-"

"She'll come with us." Hajime spoke up and motioned the female to follow, she did as he said and the three vigilante members silently made their way to the building. "Remember what we said in the meeting?"

"Well i was too busy being a slave and cooked dinner for us all, oh and lets not forget the coffee Goro demanded me to make." (F/n) glared over at Goro and he did the same, dropping his duffle bag and rummaging through it for a certain item.

"We are heading into an auction house, but its not exactly legal. That is why they only hold auctions when most are asleep. Meaning that if it's illegal then we could be dealing with some dangerous people." Hajime said all of this with a smile, making (f/n) blink repeatedly in confusion. He didn't seem nervous in the slightest. "Everyone within that place wears black and a mask." The red haired male explained further as Goro handed him a dress, wig, a small makeup bag and mask. "On this particular mission, I am to be the distraction when needed." Hajime pulled on the wig and handed (f/n) the makeup bag, "be a dear and help me with my makeup."

"O-okay." the female opened up the bag and her eyes widened at the expensive brands, she picked up some foundation and looked up at Hajime. "Why not be a distraction as a man?"

"We don't want anyone recognising us and track the Angels down." Goro answered for Hajime and pulled a long line of rope out of his duffle bag. "Hurry up with the makeup, we need to steal the painting before it's auctioned off."

After a few minuets of concentration, (f/n) pulled back with a victorious smirk but also a sense of shock washed through her. Hajime's large brown eyes seemed bigger due to the eyeliner and mascara; his face looked completely  feminine. His wig was bright red and set in loose curls, which cascaded down his back like rolls of silk. The dress he wore seemed to be made of the finest silk and had golden embroidery on the corset, there was also thin lacing as sleeves and a black jewelled choker glinted in the moonlight. He looked like he came straight out of a fantasy genre book and if (f/n) didn't actually know his gender, she would of thought he was a stunning woman. "Careful lamb, you'll catch flies with your mouth wide open." Hajime batted his long eyelashes and giggled in a high tone, his voice sounded amazingly close to a woman's. (f/n) closed her mouth but was still wide eyed at his image.

"Get a move on!" Goro suddenly snapped and (f/n) twisted round with a glare, a build up of tension formed between the two and they both continued glaring with the same amount of bitterness.

"Why don't you ever dress up like a woman?" (F/n) smirked and almost laughed at the image forming in her head.

"My build isn't very feminine and no one would be able to get a dress on me." Goro growled and his eyebrows knitted together as his purple eyes stared daggers towards the female in front of him. "If someone does try, their skull is going to get a few fractures." He threw a large bundle of rope over to (f/n) and picked up another bundle, tying one end securely around his waste.

"Why do we need this?" The female asked, only to receive a distasteful grunt.

"We can't go charging through the front doors." Goro grabbed a large grappling hook and secured it on the other end of his rope, "which is why we use these." He threw it up high into the air, the hook caught onto the balcony of the auction house. The black haired male tugged on the rope a few times to check if it was safe. "Now...get a move on and tie yourself up." (F/n) reluctantly did as he said and threw her grappling hook up to the balcony, it was only on the third time that it stayed. The two vigilante members climbed up the wall of the auction house, a breeze picked up and (f/n) swayed slightly. They were both half way until (f/n) felt the knot around her waste loosen. Her eyes widened at the feeling and her grip on the rope tightened out of instinct, Goro was already climbing over the balcony railings, thinking that she wasn't far behind. Suddenly gravity turned against the female thief and she clung to the rope for dear life, her mouth only letting out slight choked sounds. She knew she had to stay quiet at all times, she didn't want to be the cause of the mission failing.

"Shit!" She whispered underneath her ragged breathing, panic overrunning her senses. Her eyes locked onto the long drop that would most likely cause death. (F/n) looked back up when she felt a slight tug at the rope, Goro was looking down with an angry look on his face.

"Must you always need saving!" He whisper yelled and (f/n) glared back at him, "just climb up the rope!"

"It's harder than it looks!" The female rose her voice a little louder, but was immediately shushed by Goro. Feeling as if his eyes could literally stab her, (f/n) groaned as she pulled her body up the rope. Gravity wasn't really her friend at the moment, but at least she was actually getting somewhere. Suddenly she felt a large hand grab her shirt and yanked her up onto the balcony, her feet however was just hovering over the ground. Her eyes level with Goro's cold purple ones, but they were so close that she could feel his warm breath on her face.

"If we fail this mission I'll make sure you will get a broken bone next time in training." His low growl sent a wave of shock down the female's spine, his voice sounded as if he actually meant every word. Goro lowered (f/n) to the floor and the two once again set off into the mission.

The auction house was rather dark and quiet, despite the fact that there was an illegal auction happening. The only thing breaking the silence was the small pitter patter of (f/n)'s and Goro's feet on the carpeted floor. The black haired male looked down at his phone and scanned the map that was presented on the screen, his head darted up and abruptly pointed over to a door. "That's the room where they keep all of the items that are being auctioned off." (F/n) nodded her head and silently opened the door, her head poked through a small gap and checked for any signs of movement. Once she was certain that the cost was clear, the two slipped into the room. "Look for this painting." Goro showed her a picture on her phone. The style was almost life like and was of a woman with long black hair looking away dejectedly with a closed aura around her. There was some sort of sadness coming from the painting, even through a screen, and her eyes showed a hint of regret. Just looking at the picture of the target painting made (f/n) think about how sad the artist might of been, they would have been feeling worse with it stolen away and put into auction.

(F/n) nodded her head, confirming that she memorised the image and walked through the maze of shelves, stocked full of stolen goods. Suddenly the door to the room was swung open and a bright light flooded in, a large man with broad shoulders and black fox mask walked in. (F/n) instinctively hid behind a shelf and watched him pick up a large painting, the females eyes widened when she recognised it to be their target.  She felt as if everything was thrown away and Goro's threat came to mind. She didn't want to be seen as the person dragging the vigilante down, the female also wanted to keep all of her bones in tact.

"W-wait!" (F/n) instantly regretted her choice as soon as she jumped out of her hiding spot and the large male twisted around with a slight hint of alertness. She had no idea what to do and stood completely still. "I...um...I can't remember how I got here and need some help."

"What do you mean you can't remember how you got here and how comes you're not wearing your dress and mask." The male placed the painting gently down on the floor and took a step towards (f/n).

"Well...my...my husband! He told me to wear this and mentioned nothing about a mask, he didn't like me wearing that stuff because he thought men would be drawn in by it. A mysterious beauty he described its as." (F/n) wasn't entirely convinced herself at how probable the story was and tried to add more onto it. "Then he told me to meet him in a room, I didn't know which he meant and walked into this one."

"Mysterious beauty? Meeting in a room that wasn't specified?" He sounded completely unconvinced and raised an eyebrow at her. "Sounds...weird."

"Yeah my husband has always been weird." (F/n) really tired to stop herself from showing her nervousness and completely failed by forcing out the fake laugh, that in all honesty didn't sound real at all.

"Right." The male grabbed a walky-talky from his belt and pressed a button. "We've got an intruder in storage room one, can you please- hey wait!" (F/n) didn't waste anytime running past the man and hoped that he was following, leaving the painting behind for Goro to take. She hesitantly looked behind her shoulder, seeing the male running after her without the painting. (F/n) however, didn't know wether she should be feeling relieved that the painting could be taken back or horrified that a six foot giant was charging after her. Why couldn't of he been a small rampaging midget, it would have been much better on (f/n)'s behalf. Suddenly a spotlight shone in her eyes and the female realised she was on a stage, with thousands of eyes on her. She was sprinting across the stage to get on the other side, away from the eyes of the crowd, but she was completely cut off by two more security guards blocking her way. She twisted around to go back the way she came only to find the large male looking down at her with a face of fury. (F/n) was completely trapped and what made it worse was that the entire audience was watching. She knew that Hajime was in that crowd, probably face palming, and instantly felt regret. This was supposed to be sneaky mission and they didn't bring masks to hide their identities.

"Can't we work this out?" (F/n) chuckled nervously and subtly looked around the stage for a getaway. Her eyes suddenly rested on a jade vase, that looked priceless and worth more than her whole entire life. She grabbed the handle of the vase and held it above her head, "I'll smash it if you don't let me leave!"

"You wouldn't dare!" One of the security guards growled, but (f/n) gave them a try me look. She backed up a few steps and stopped mid-step, noticing that she was about to step off the stage. The corners of the females lips curled as she threw the vase forward, forcing the security guards to run and catch it before it could smash, and jumped off the stage. Shoving her way through the crowd and ran out of the hall. Her feet wouldn't stop moving as she sprinted in the direction of the exit and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the glass doors and the outside of the building through them. But to her dismay, metal gates slowly rolled down as the building went on lockdown. Her mind was set on escaping, so the first thing she did was smash through the glass door before the gates fully closed and the cold air hit her skin as shards of glass cut through her clothes and face. (F/n) kneeled on the floor, panting and spluttering sloppy coughs. Her mind slightly relaxed after the whole ordeal, but then it was sent into panic again. 'Where Is Goro?' (F/n) stood up and ran a shaky hand through her messy and knotted hair. She had left the male inside the building, which was now on lockdown.

"(F/n)! When I find you, I'm going to murder you!" A familiar voice shouted and the female felt a strange mix of emotions. She was happy that Goro was alright, but she wasn't exactly pleased with his current mood of wanting to kill her. She jogged round to the source and saw him on the balcony they got into the building with, but he had no rope to get down and his eyes were blazing with anger. Suddenly the same security guard, that (f/n) tried to fool in the storage room, sneaked up behind him. Before she could even warn Goro, the security guard pounced and hit the vigilante member hard on the head. Forcing him to fall forward and lean against the balcony railing. Goro however, quickly recovered and twisted round with a high kick to the males throat and followed through with a punch to the stomach. Suddenly the opposing male caught Goro off guard again by tripping him up and pinning him onto the balcony railing. His large hands squeezing on Goro's throat. (F/n) had no idea what to do and stared in horror as Jun struggled under his opponents grip. Even he knew that he wasn't in the right position to use one of his techniques to get him off. (F/n) looked around her surroundings for an idea and saw the grappling  hook and rope in a heap on the floor. She grabbed it and flung it into the air, to her surprise it caught onto the balcony first try. Adrenaline caused by the fact that her partner was in trouble, made her seem to forget her lack of strength and defy her own mind. She pulled herself up the rope at a high speed and when she reached the balcony, the female flung herself over the railings. Kicking the security guard in the process. The male fell back and held his bloody and broken nose, but that didn't stop him from getting up and charging at (f/n). Something seemed to click in her mind and she jumped to the side, dodging his blow, and flying her knee up into his stomach. But as he fell down he grabbed a hold of the female and pinned her to the floor. "Goro, get down the rope!"

"I'm not letting you do this on your own!" Goro shouted as he stepped forward to help, but a sharp pain from his shoulder made him groan. "When did this happen?" He held his shoulder and saw (f/n) fling her head forward, her forehead connected to the man's already broken nose, making a loud crunching sound.

"Goro go now!" She hissed and flipped the man over, holding him in a head lock. "I'll keep him at bay until you reach the floor." Goro hesitated until her determined eyes sparked with a certain kind of fire that made him want to obey. He grabbed a hold of the rope with one hand, whilst holding the painting in the other, and slid down it until he was on the floor, staring up at the balcony.

"Goro! Where's (f/n)!"  A voice called out and goro twisted round, seeking Hajime jogging over to him. "Did she make it out of the building!"

"She's up there." Goro pointed up to the balcony, hissing as he swiftly pulled back his arm when a sharp pain came from his shoulder. "Fighting a huge guy."

"What! And you're not helping her?" Hajime yelled and ran over to the rope to climb it, but a familiar woman slid down the rope before he could climb up. "(F/n)?"

"Come on, we need to go!" (F/n) ran off, not letting the men see her face for some reason. Hajime however caught onto this and questions rose in his head. The three Angels ran past a corner and saw the white van waiting for them. Hiro started the engine and they all scrambled into the back, panting and practically melting in the van. "Well...that...was...hard."

"No s**t Sherlock." Goro sighed and leaned his head back,  his hand holding his wounded shoulder. "At least we got the painting."

"Yeah." (F/n) tucked her messy hair behind her ears, forgetting about what she tried to hide. Hajime's eyes locked onto her face and his brown eyes instantly filled with both shock and concern.

"W-what happened!" Hajime cupped (f/n)'s cheeks and stared at her wounded face. Cuts that were dribbling small beads of blood was scattered around her face and her right eye was swollen closed. Dry blood was round her nose and she looked a complete wreck.

"Well the cuts happened when I smashed through the glass door and the bruises happened when I had a fight with that guy. When Goro got down he was able to land a few good punches." (F/n) made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and waved her hand dismissively. Goro couldn't help but stare at her face, she had gotten those bruises because he wasn't able to protect himself from injury. A girl who had no experience of fighting, stayed behind and fought a large man for him.

"(F/n)" Goro spoke up, making the female look over to him with an expectant look on her wounded face. "Th-thank you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2M 276K 92
After six new boys meet (Y/n), they begin an unhealthy obsession over the female and soon take it too far. There's not much chance of her escaping th...
239K 6.6K 15
Four. Four different boys. Each infected with an unnaturally strong passion for the same girl. Each with malicious intent towards people who get too...
360K 12.9K 17
Takeo Miyoshi. The mafia group, Shadow Demon's, best assassin in its ranks. He's only Seventeen and already, many victims have fallen at his feet. He...
277K 10.9K 36
( YANDERE STALKER X FEM! READER ) æ°—ă«ă—ăȘい: ̗̀➛ ╰─▾ ❝ I'm the only one that can see you like this, that can đ„đšđŻđž you like this ❞ ăƒ»ê§ïŒŽâ”â” đˆïżœ...