Translucent

Galing kay Vishakha-prasad

This is the story of Odells family, who now has become the mystery, forgotten in the shadow of Evil silhouett... Higit pa

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Epilogue
I Got Tagged
//Author's note//
SORRY!!!!!
-IM-PORT-ANT-

Twenty-seven

62 7 0
Galing kay Vishakha-prasad

Miles wouldn't hurt the love of his life intentionally!

"Spill everything. What's going on in that of your head? What's the point in going to Destiny's therapist?" Alex asked aggressively and a little too tired with my unsteady behavior. Well, it's not his fault.

"Where did Drew used to take Destiny for her therapy session?" I turned toward him completely ignoring his question. Because Drew never mentioned anything about it except for neighbour town. And it was only Alex apart from Drew Who knew about her therapist. I just didn't know how to answer any of his questions. I was messed up pretty bad. I just wanted to know if she had ever tell her therapist about the voice in her head.

Alex looked confuse at my question. His eyes were furrowed as he stared at me tapping his fingers on his knees looking at me expectantly. C'mon.

"I know You're disturbed, Claire right now. But what's with the digging corpse? What do you want to know about Destiny?" He looked seriously annoyed and done with me right now. Maybe he didn't want to deal with past memories right now. I guess he's had enough.

I sighed, "Listen Alex! I just wan-" Alex didn't let me finish before he spoke.

"No. You listen Claire! We ain't going to find anything. What do you think I didn't try enough."

"No I didn't mean that I just-" My voice raised too. I guess I'm tired too. I didn't want to be accountable anymore.

"You just What!? Drew has told me to stay home until in case of emergency." He hit the steering wheel lightly. Taking out his frustration. I winced a little.

"You know it's dangerous outside. And you're trying futile efforts. You should be concerning about your mother. Not about the dead one." He said hanging his head and resting it on seat behind him. Squinted his eyes close. And I just stared at him.

"I just want to know about her mental illness. About the voice that once was in her head too." I said just above a whisper, slightly confused by his sudden outburst. I knew, it's hard to explain to him that Miles never left. He was there in my head all the time from the walking hours to end of the day, even in my dreams. But he was right though. But I wanted to know about the state of my mind. Why I was having those voices in my head? Because technically it's Impossible to know everything about someone you never know or meet. I knew Alex won't believe me if I tell him so. So I stayed quiet and stared out the window avoiding the tension building up in car. I exhaled.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! What'd you say is 'the voice in her head too.' Who else is?" Alex asked abruptly as he heard me whispering. His full attention was now on me. His eyes looking worried.

"That's me! I'm hearing them too." I explained still avoiding his gaze as his eyes turned painfully concerned for me. Maybe he knew Destiny's pain.

He sighed. "I'm sorry Claire. I was just afraid that they know now. And between all of these I forgot that it's you, who they want to hurt now."

I nodded as tears pricked in my eyes once again. I was still fearing the most. That they know. And my mom was with them right now, oblivious and innocent. But what I could do anymore.

I watched as Alex started the car silently and drove off without another word. I rolled the window down and let the fresh morning air hit my face. It was so serene. Comforting. Calm before the storm. I want to be relax again.

"When did those voices start tormenting you?" Alex asked after about fifteen minutes since his little outburst.

I took few minutes to answer. "After about a week since I got here." I replied sorely. I was regretting coming here.

"Did you tell Drew about this?" He asked, his eyes never leaving watching ahead.

"Yes! He was the first one to know."

He nodded. We got out in the clear field, suburb area of this town. How much it was easy to escape. But it was not. I guess we dig our own graves. Who knew that my mom will fall for a murderer! Who knew Granny who portray herself as nice and innocent women, turned out to be a bitch, drugging me, playing with my mind and life! Who knew I would find my half-brother after his tragic death, who I never even met! I never knew he wanted me to help him. Who knew I would find a caring boyfriend like Drew! Who knew that my step father and Granny would want to kill me! Who knew my step-father and Granny would kill me. Who knew.

I heard the ringing of the phone. I raised my eyebrows as I saw Alex fumbled around for his phone desperately while grabbing the steering wheel with one hand.

"Hey! Keep your eyes on the road." I warned him and he put his hands away, focusing on the road again.

"My bad!" He apologized quietly but I still could see the confusion in his eyes.

"What happened?" I asked bluntly. As I read his expression once more. He looked contemplated for a moment.

"I think that faded blue car is following us. I've been noticing it from the start." He said as he showed me the car through rearview mirror. I gulped. I didn't want to think bad.

"D-do you re-ally th-think?" I asked hesitantly. Who could they be?

He bit his lip, thinking. "I don't know. I mean-I'm not sure." His answer was vague. I grimaced. But didn't say anything. I turned around to see that car again but found it on good distance from us. I sighed in relief. Maybe we could lost it. Something clicked in my mind.

"Hey Alex! Speed up the car." I almost shouted at him. And he startled by my action.

"What!!!!!!" He shouted out, still shaken up.

"Speed up the car. Alex! I don't know, if we're being follow or not. But we still can lost it." I suggested. Alex was hearing my every word carefully.

"Maybe you're right." He grinned, admiring my suggestion and sped up the car. I turned back around to see the car and practically squealed at my seat like a kid when I didn't find that car on the road. We finally did it. We lost that car and whoever was following us.

"We did it Alex! We did it!" I could feel adrenaline rush through my veins in my entire body at my little victory. Alex was grinning ear to ear while shaking his head.

"And, and we don't even sure if they're following us. It's like you hit the jackpot." We both laughed at that. It's been a while since I smile. I want to smile again.

Alex was driving at almost full speed now. The road is now almost empty as few cars are passing by here and there. We were almost out of town now.

Alex's phone rang once again. But he ignored it and kept driving. But his phone never stopped ringing. It was ringing constantly. And it started to irritate me now. Who is calling him constantly?

"For the sake of God, Alex pick up your damn phone." I said, grabbing my head in my hands. Annoyed by the constant ringing.

"No phone while driving." Was he trying to be wise man? Duh. If he was, then he was a dumbass.

"Can't you see it's ringing constantly. It could be Drew. Alex!" I said, widening my eyes. It can be Drew. Shit.

"The phone is in my back pocket of the jeans and I can't take it out while driving." He said looking ahead.

"Let me handle the wheel while you take your phone." I sighed and extended my hands to grab steering wheel.

Alex slid his hands down his pocket and pulled the small device out. "It's Drew!" He told me. I gave a look that says 'what are you waiting for?'

He picked up the phone and put it in loudspeaker, so I could hear him too, and grabbed the steering wheel again releasing me from the burden. And I held the phone.

"It's Alex." Alex said.

"Where the fuck have you been Alex? I tried to call you hundred times. Terrible things started circling in my mind when you didn't pick up your phone after my constant try." Drew looked very angry yet worry at the same time. I could sense fear in his voice.

"My bad. I was driving." Alex said calmly looking ahead.

"Wha-why are you driving? Wh-where are you even going? I told you not to leave house except in the case of emergency." Drew scolded him. Disappointed.

"I know I know. But what's the matter with you? Where did you go without telling me? And you weren't picking your phone too. Where are you?" Alex asked so many questions at once. All were relevant questions.

"It's not the time to explain. I have found some information about George Cobble. And I called Claire too. But she wasn't answering any of my calls. So I left her some texts explaining everything I found today." I gasped. Terrified.

Drew had find some information about George and he texted them to my phone. And my phone was in Granny's possession. Panic set in my heart. What if she read those texts. What if she has read those texts.

"Oh no! You don't know Drew. Claire's phone is now in that bitch of Granny's possession. She must've read everything by now." Alex's eyes turned wide as he hit the steering wheel.

"WHAT!!!!!!!!" Drew screamed on the other side. "Where's Claire? Oh God! Please tell me, she's alright." Drew pleaded. And I started crying, unable to form a word.

Alex tensed. "She's with me. Right here. She's fine. She's fine. Don't worry Drew."

"I'm right here Drew." I said softly in low voice, grabbing the phone tightly in my hand holding it for dear life. I sniffled. My limbs started shaking.

"Oh, thank God, you're safe. Claire. I couldn't live myself if something happened to you. I love you Claire...so much." Drew was crying. I could hear him sobbing.

"I love you too, Drew." I whispered.

"Alex! Get home as quickly as possible. I'll tell you guys then everything." Drew said.

"Coming!" Alex turned the car 180°.

"By the way where were you going?" Drew asked slightly confused.

"To Destiny's therapist." I quickly responded. "And we'll explain you when we get back home." And we finished the call.

"I can't believe this is happening." Alex said through gritted teeth while driving at full speed.

My heart was thuding now. I could feel another panic attack. My lips were turning dry. I was fiddling with my clumsy fingers. My eyes never leaving the road as I could feel tears building up.

Alex sensed my uneasiness as he held my hand in his hand to comfort me. And his attention diverted.

"Everything's going to b-"

Everything cut short as a we felt the giant hit against the car and my head connecting with the window glass beside me as everything turned upside down. A wave of hot white pain rushed through my head as I almost lost conscious. A pain filled scream escaped from my sore throat. But I didn't hear Alex's voice or scream or anything.

I forgot everything for few minutes as I laid barely conscious on the roof of the car still stuck on the seatbelts. My breathing was raspy. My body was screaming in pain. I could feel something wet on my face and hair. I turned my head slowly to where Alex was. My lips quivered at the sight of him.

"Alex? Alex? Alex!?" My voice was barely audible as I called his name over and over. There was so much red around him. He wasn't moving. He wasn't responding. He just laid still. "Alex?" No reply.

I undid the seatbelt with my trembling hands and landed on the roof of car. Groaning in pain. The glass beside me had been shattered. I could crawl through it. I pulled half of my body out somehow, hissing and cringing as sharp pieces embedded in my skin.

On my way out, my eyes landed on a pair of sharp red lanky heels. My eyes widened as I followed the heels through covered legs to slump body to very familiar face of Granny. My breathing caught in my throat as my eyes widened. That blue car was parked in the distance.

That car belonged to Granny! Realisation hit me. She was the one following us from the start. She was the one who hit us by her car.

She crouched down in front of me, strocking my face with her poisonous fingers and I shivered away. I turned my head sharply but immediately regretted as she grabbed my chin tightly digging her nails in my frail skin. Putting me in more pain than I was already in. She chuckled. Enjoying the sight.

"How was the ride dear? Is your precious Drew is good in there?" I started crying again. She wanted to kill us. And she thought Alex Is Drew.

"No no no no no! Don't you cry honey! I'll make sure nobody would know where you guys are." She laughed menacingly never leaving her death like grip on my chin, forcing me look at her. "Tell me one thing, didn't you know the home phone is straightly connected to one in my room. I heard you dear! I heard every single word you said about me!"

I didn't know she was tracking me down. Now she knew where Drew lives. She is going to kill him too.

"I didn't want to kill him. But Your precious boyfriend does know about our little secret. Now how can I let him get away? He has to die." With that she got up and dusted the dust off her knees and strutted toward her car. The car had a big dent too. And a busted headlight.

I looked around on the road. There was no car in sight. No sign of human life. I saw as the blue car drove past us leaving us for dying here.

"Have fun!"

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

397 20 20
"Yes, we broke up, but that doesn't mean you will forget who I am to you!" "I remember my love, I remember that you are mine and only mine." ❤ "You s...
438K 6.6K 41
Arianna Hope is a child of a rich family, but doesn't act like it. She spends her free time volunteering, contributing to charities, keeping a perfec...
5.8K 419 28
The sun is setting. The moon is rising. The people are sleeping. The monsters are lurking. ~~~ Daniella lived a perfect life in a small town, with h...
429K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...