I'm Sorry, Who's Your Mate?

By raylor17

Paige Warren knows what the world is capable of. Taken by hunters for three years, she escapes to find everyt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
*Bonus Chapter*
Epilogue

Chapter 2

222K 3.2K 143
By raylor17

I wanted to upload quickly so you don't lose interest. Some people have asked me if you need to read the first book to read this and while you don't need to, I think it would be helpful to just so you can get a sense of who the characters are.

On to the story! 

P.S. I found the song on the side and thought it would be cute for the wedding.

Thank you to everyone who voted and commented and fanned on the last chapter. It means a lot, so thanks :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                    Chapter 2

Paige’s POV:

            “Alright, Lilah go!” Yolanda, the wedding planner, instructed. Lilah took Kevin’s arm and together, the two of them walked down the aisle. We waited ten seconds and then Kat went, followed by Elise, and then it was my turn.

            I stepped forward and took the arm of the guy that was standing opposite me. He was a lot older than me but smiled encouragingly. Before we stepped out, I turned to Sutton and smiled at her. She grinned back at me and even though you could tell she was nervous, anyone could also see the happiness bubbling up in her.

            “Go.” Yolanda hissed and I started forward, escorted by Greg. I didn’t know much about him other than the fact that he was new to the pack and had quickly become good friends with Evan.

            As we proceeded down the white carpet decorated with flower petals, I gazed up at Evan. His eyes were shining and he looked dashing in a black tux with a matching black tie. My mom had gotten pretty lucky with him. Sometimes it was almost gross have lovey dovey they were. I can’t really see myself acting like that with my mate if I ever found him. My mom said she was the same way but look how that turned out. Greg and I reached the end of the aisle and parted, he going to stand beside Evan while I took my place next to Elise. I watched as Claire drifted towards us followed by Taylor. Behind them Lisa stepped out and made her way towards us, Spencer escorting her. I smiled as I looked at the three of them. We all had the same dark blue bridesmaid dresses and our hair was up with the sides braided but we all somehow managed to look a little different. Then the music shifted, alerting us to the presence of the bride, and the crowd before us stood. I heard many audible gasps come through the crowd as Sutton stepped out on the arm of her father.

            Sutton and Evan had decided to get married outside and the warm August day didn’t disappoint. The setting sun provided a perfect warm, haze all around us and lit the tress on fire with a soft, golden light. The light found its way to Sutton and surrounded her in a glowing aura. She literally shined and I my eyes watered as she made her way down the aisle. Her hair was down and curled lightly, her make up light and a shade darker than natural. The dress fit her like a glove and her face remained uncovered by a veil. In the warm, summer sun, she looked absolutely breathtaking. I saw some members of the pack dabbing at their eyes, the sight of their Alpha female bringing them close to tears. Besides our entire pack, neighboring pack members had come to witness the wedding and you could pick out the awe struck look in their eyes. Everyone wore a smile and reciprocated the same loving look in their eyes and I felt a warmth spread through my body. My pack truly loved their Alpha’s and seeing this, their marriage, brought them a greater joy. Sutton and her dad got to the end of the aisle and the crowd sat as the ceremony started.

            Words of love were spoken and tears of happiness were shed by the crowd. This truly was a magical day for our massive pack. I remember this morning when I had seen everything being set up I’d gaped at the number of chairs being placed in rows. Our pack was already pretty big but with the addition of members of other packs, the place was packed. Though, it isn’t every day when the Alpha’s of one of the strongest packs in the country gets married. Everyone wants to be there to see it.

            After the nuptials were over and the happy couple had sealed their marriage with a kiss, the guests were excused to the reception while everyone in the wedding party had to wait around to take pictures. Three times Sutton’s mom had to fix her make up because she cried at the sight of her daughter, all grown up and in her wedding dress. Even Claire and Taylor were careful to avoid each other and in doing so, avoided any fighting. Dozens of flashes later and the picture taking period was over. I took a moment to walk over to Sutton.

            “Hey.” I said softly, smiling. She grinned at me, a new sparkling diamond ring on her left hand.

            “Hello darling. How do you think everything is going?” She asked worriedly. She always wanted to make sure everyone was happy and satisfied.

            “Everything is going great. You look beautiful and made many cry during the wedding. Don’t worry about anything.” I soothed. She smiled gratefully and gave me a hug.

            “Thank you for being here.” She murmured, fixing my hair.

            “Thank you for being a great mom.” I replied. She pinched my cheeks lightly and laughed.

            “Come on then, we have a party to get too.” She called cheerfully, squeezing my shoulder.

            I followed the wedding party down to the large hall we had rented out for the occasion. Distantly I could hear people laughing and chatting, the sounds of people having a good time. Everyone but Sutton and Evan entered the hall and we waited for them to be announced. The music was muted and the lights dimmed as the announcer spoke.

            “Ladies and gentleman, please help me welcome the Alpha’s of the Greenwood pack, Mr. and Mrs. Evan Taylors.”

            The room shook with applause and cheers as Evan and Sutton entered, hands clasped together tightly. People cleared a path for them to the dance floor and a soft melody started playing as they danced. They gazed at each other lovingly, smiles present on their face. I stood between my sisters and felt a smile slip across my face. Cameras clicked furiously and everyone clapped when Evan leaned down and placed a kiss on his wife’s lips. Wow, that sounded sort of strange. His wife. Her husband.

            The reception passed in a blur of dancing and eating and then more dancing. Champagne flowed from glasses and cider was present for underage kids. People congratulated the couple and overall, everyone had looks of pure happiness on their faces. At around one, the party was still going strong and I decided to go outside for a walk. The room was quickly becoming hot and workers scrambled around opening doors to let the cool, night air in.

            I sighed in relief as the night air washed over me and instantly lowered my temperature. The moon shined through the trees and a calmness came over me. I sighed, tilting my head back slightly. I didn’t realize how far I’d gone until I was surrounded by trees. I couldn’t remember how I’d gotten here so therefore I had no idea how to get back. Panic bubbled in me as I spun in a circle, trying to find a way out of the woods. The panic increased in me when a twig snapped near me. My heartbeat sped up and my palms began to sweat. Another twig snapped, this time closer. Something was definitely moving towards me.

Unknown POV:

            Under the cover of the night, we moved forward, advancing on the party. We stopped on the outskirts of the woods and could vaguely see the party. The doors were opened wide and inside we could see the place was packed with werewolves. People spilled from the room, laughing loudly as they came outside to get fresh air.

            “Shit.” Joshua hissed,  looking down at the scene in front of us. We certainly hadn’t anticipated this many.

            “Any openings?” I asked through the walkie talkie.

            “Negative sir.” Came the response. We were spread out, circling around the place.

            “What are we going to do now?” Joshua asked me. I rubbed my temples and tried to think of an alternative plan. We were originally going to attack and kill as many as possible with this many hunters, the only ones getting killed would be us.

            “Sir, what would you like us to do?” Mike asked over the walkie talkie. I took a deep breath and kept my eyes trained on the entrance.

            As soon as she stepped out, the idea hit me. A plan formulated itself in my mind and I felt a smile start to spread across my face. I watched as she wondered closer to the woods, by herself. She was obviously never taught to wander alone, especially at night. Never know what could be lurking around.

            “Brian?” Joshua asked, inferring about the smile that was on my face.

            “Do we all have a visual on the entrance?” I spoke to the three men that were holding the other walkie talkies.

            “Yes.” They all replied.

            “Can someone tell me who the girl is that just walked out? She’s wearing a blue dress and heading towards the woods.” I waited a minute before they all chuckled.

            “Well, well, well. Wouldn’t that be Paige Warren? Sutton’s makeshift daughter.” Mike chuckled darkly over the line and my eyes met Joshua’s. New plan.

            “Sir, what would you like us to do?” I watched as little miss Paige walked into the woods without thinking twice about it. I moved away from the party and headed deeper into the woods. Joshua followed behind me and we moved stealthily and almost without a sound.

            “Grab her.” I responded. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 157 37
Birthdays of different anime characters. I've only included two per date Number 1 in Anime birthdays 10.01.23 Number 2 in Pandora hearts 17.01.23 Num...
39.7K 2.8K 53
*Book 3 of the Destined Series* Without her sister, her mate, and her friends, Ryleigh has nowhere to turn to but home. Whether she wants to join her...
631K 16K 16
Selene Reed has had no contact with the Red Moon pack for years. Now all of a sudden she is called to a pack meeting. What will Selene do when she fi...